Double Duke Trouble

BoJamesDuke

Luke laughs knowing exactly how Bo feels about the hospital gown he'd be the same, as he and Uncle Jesse help steady Bo on his feet but not wanting to hover too much but afraid to let Bo do too much. *Winking*

"I think if ya real nice and behave ya might persuade B.L. to go home and get ya some pj pants and maybe even some real clothes for when ya get outta here."

Uncle Jesse scolds the two lightly

"Alright you two quit clownin around and let's get you settled Bo before ya fall over."

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bo firmly shook his head, refusing to sit back down now he was on his feet. Once he could feel the muscles in his legs beneath him, he hesitantly let go of the bed and stood on his feet properly, gasping slightly as his unused cramped up muscles complained.

But he was still determined to do as much as he could. HIs jaw set tightly and his breathing focused and steady, he lifted a trembling foot slightly off the ground and took a small baby step forward.

Bo pointed over to the other side of the room where the window was at Luke's question, noticing them both trying to stop themselves rushing to help steady him. He knew it would only be a matter of time though before one of them cracked and helped him. His money was on Luke being the first one.

After a slight pause he then tried the step with his other leg, determined not to fall over and to make it to the window eventually. He wobbled slightly as he foot left the floor and he had to catch his breath as he thought he would fall over. But he didn't and he everntually maanged to take two more steps forward.

Luke watches nervously biting his lower lip as Bo takes another step,sucking in a deep breath almost sounding like a strangled gasp of someone unable to catch their breath as Bo wobbled. Jamming his hands deep into his pockets resisting the urge to help Bo but it's getting harder to stop himself as he bounces nervously on the balls of his feet.

Uncle Jesse puts a restraining hand on Luke's arm wanting to help Bo just as bad but knowing it's important to Bo that they don't unless he asks them to.

He smiles gently as he hears Luke's gasp and he knows it wont be long before he does come running, expecially if he has another near miss like that. He keeps his breathing steady and carries on taking small, slow steps towards the window, but only three-four steps away, he stumbles, falling forwards.

Luke lurches forward from Uncle Jesse's grasp as Bo stumbles but can't move fast enough to get there before he falls. Uncle Jesse a half step behind Luke as they both kneel on the floor next to Bo. Uncle Jesse worriedly tries to assess to see if there is any damage.

"Bo you alright? I knew ya weren't as ready for this as ya and Luke tried to say ya were."

Luke grabs Bo's arm as he reaches the floor

"Bo you ok,I knew this was gonna happen I could feel it the first time ya stumbled."

Luke gives Uncle Jesse a sad hurt look as Bo jerks away. He was only trying to help Bo and was afraid he'd hurt himself but apparently Bo didn't want any help from even him. Uncle Jesse pats Luke's shoulder consolingly.

They both get back to their own feet silently watching as Bo struggles to his own both still fighting the urge to help steady him. Luke again jams his hands deep into his pockets knowing any assisstance even if it was done as a reflex would be unwelcomed by Bo at this point.

He instantly felt guilty as he spotted the look on Luke's face out of the corner of his eye, but his pride and his stubborness to do this on his own was the only thing that was in the forefront of his mind. He wasn't going to give this up without a fight.

He looked determindly ahead, the window a few tantalising steps away from his reach. He could feel his breathing already starting to worsen now but he wasn't about to stop now whatever the doctor said. He didnt need that stupid tent, all he needed was proper fresh air, which was why he had been heading over to the window in the first place.

After a few more stumbles, but without falling over, he finally reached the window after what seemed like an eternity. He leant on the window sill and weakly pushed the window up, taking a deep breath as the fresh country air filled his lungs.

Luke leans against the wall relieved as Bo reaches the window. Raising an eyebrow questioningly at Uncle Jesse when Bo opens the window but only recieves a shake of the white head that it's ok the weather is warm. Listening to Bo's ragged breathing Luke becomes worried that it was too much exertion. Waiting Luke watches to see if Bo's breathing will right itself within a few minutes now that he's not moving. Going over Luke puts a gently hand on Bo's shoulder not saying anything as they both look out the window. Uncle Jesse tells them

"I'm gonna go check on them girls they's just disappeared"

Luke nods without turning from Bo and the window

"Ok we'll be fine"

Bo closed his eyes as he felt Luke's hand on his shoulder and was amazed at just how much support and comfort that one touch brought. He wouldn't let Luke down now, not when he had fought with him to get him this far in such a short space of time.

He tried to focus on bringing his breathing back under control, feeling the cool country air breeze soothingly around him, and for a moment he thought that it was working, until he found that it still wasn't coming any eaisier.

He tried to make it seem like he was doing fine so Luke wouldn't insist on getting him back in the bed and just continued to look out over the beautiful hospital gardens, feeling the warmth of the sun beat down gently on his face, something he now appriciated more than ever.

Luke was becoming increasingly worried about Bo's breathing not returning to normal. Beginning to rub soothing circles on Bo's back to try and help mayby Luke makes up his mind that if Bo's breathing isn't back to normal within the next few minutes he's going to insist Bo go back to bed but he won't tell him to give up just try again later.

Uncle Jesse walks into the waiting room seeing B.L. sitting next to Daisy holding her hand. Smiling at them

"Well I wondered where you two got off to"

B.L. smiles asking him

"How's Bo?

"He was standin at the window gettin some good fresh air when I come to find ya'll"

B.L. nods then looks at Daisy squeezing her hand

"See I told ya Bo was gonna be ok."

Smiling with a saucy wink

"You know how he's always showin off and being stubborn especially if he can prove somebody wrong."

After a few minutes, Bo bashed his hand against the windowsill, frustrated at the fact that he just couldn't get himself breathing properly. He could feel Luke rubbing slow circles on his back in an effort to help but nothing was working. He couldn't be this ill he just couldn't be. There wasn't time for him to be so ill now, his family needed him.

Daisy smiled up at her Uncle Jesse and the news that Bo had made it to the window, but she still looked away as B.L tried to make her feel better. She kenw that B.L was just trying to make her feel better, but somehow it just wasn't working.

Luke continues to rub small circles while squeezing Bo's shoulder in sympathy with the other hand

"Hey take it easy cousin your doin great for a man that died briefly. Ya can't expect for your body to be like nothin was wrong you'll get there but only if ya take it slow and don't try to force yaself to do more than your body can handle. What's say we getcha back in bed and under the tent for a while then you can try again later ok."

B.L. doesn't take offense as Daisy looks away but wraps an arm around her shoulders giving Daisy a brief squeeze before moving her arm back as Uncle Jesse sits on the other side of Daisy wrapping a protective,understanding arm around her.

"It's gonna be just fine honey like B.L. says. Bo's stubborness will get him through and he'll be just fine."

Bo instantly shook his head. He was determined that he could do this. He hated the tent, it made him feel seperated and all he wanted was to be near his family not cut off from them, and besides, he didnt like the tent anymore than he liked the mask. He didnt care if he was being picky, if he could have his way the IV's would be out completly and he wouldn't have anything helping him breathe.

Daisy sighed and huddled into Uncle Jesse softly.

"I know he'll be alright...I dont doubt that he will...I just....I cant believe your lettin' him do this so early Uncle Jesse! He died! And....and your letting him get up and considering letting him discharge himself to chase the bad guys that put him in here in the first place!"

Luke turns Bo to face him his expression clearly saying he means business. Not liking it one bit that he's having to be so tough on Bo but it's for his own good.

"Bo you've done enough for now, ya died remember and if ya do too much and make yaself worse cos ya bein a stubborn jackass then Uncle Jesee ain't gonna let ya checkout and help catch them guys. And I ain't gonna try and change his mind neither now you can stop being so stubborn and use a little common sense about what your body can handle right now or I'll get Uncle Jesse back in here ta make ya your choice."

Luke hopes that the threat of getting Uncle Jesse involved is enough to make Bo submit without actually having to follow through on his words, that's somethin the Duke cousin's rarely do or did is tattle on each other.

Uncle Jesse rakes gentle fingers through Daisy's hair

"Daisy honey as much as I'd like to tell Bo no and then have him tied to that bed if necessary till all this is over I can't. He's a grown man baby and has to make his own decisions even if it's the wrong one sometimes."

Bo looked at Luke as he told him the ultimatum, tears shining in his eyes and swallowing back sobs every so often. He looked down at his feet, trying to hold himself together. He felt so useless when he was sitting in bed under the tent. Out here in the air, although his breathing was bad, it wasn't so bad he couldn't breathe comfortably.

He just wanted to be out of bed and at least sitting in a chair or something, that way he didnt feel as sick as he knew he was. He hated when Luke was this tough on him, one because he knew he was right, he always was, and two because it wasnt exactly a whole load of fun having your cousin, who you looked up to since you was a knee high to a grasshopper think of you as no more than a stubborn jackass, And the worst part was, he couldn't even tell Luke how he was feeling.

Daisy sighed gently, enjoying the comforting actions of her Uncle.

"I know that Uncle Jesse but....what if something happens and we end up losing him for good this time? I couldn't live with myself knowing that we could have stopped him if that did happen. I dont like it one bit Uncle Jesse, I really don't. Sometimes he makes me wonder whether he is the adult he looks like or he's thirteen again.

Luke scrubs a hand down his own face then runs his fingers through his hair the lack of food and sleep ever since Bo passed out and had been in the hospital catching up with him no matter how hard he tries to fight it off and it's making him irritable, drawing in a shaky breath of his own. In a softer tone pleading

"Bo please don't....cry. I didn't mean for it to come out like that. I still don't like the sound of ya breathin not one bit it shoulda went back to normal by now not got worse. I know ya don't like being under the tent or in the bed for that matter but you's still ain't 100% yet. Just lay back down and get ya some oxygen for a little while an hour or two maybe?"

Uncle Jesse continues to rake gentle fingers through Daisy's hair

" I know sweetheart I don't like it neither and I'll blame myself the most if anything were to happen to him. He ain't fit for this scheme of his yet I don't think but he might surprise us all and be just fine."

*chuckles at Daisy's comment about not knowing if Bo's man or boy*

"Honey there are times since ya'll growed up that I've wondered if ya were really the adults ya looked like or the little kids I used ta put over my knee"

B.L. tells whispers to Uncle Jesse that she's going to go to the cafeteria while he and Daisy talk getting a nod in response she leaves the waiting room rubbing her sore neck as she goes down the hall.

Bo nodded, still looking down at the floor. Then out of no where, he flung his arms round Luke's neck, quietly sobbing into his shoulder.

Daisy cuddled into him more, smiling at his last comment but still sombre.

"But....is it really worth riskin' it just because he says he feels well enough to? We all know Bo, he may look alright but we'll never really know 'cause he dont tell us! PLease Uncle Jesse, can't ya get him to reconsider?"

Luke wraps his arms around Bo as tight as he dares without hurting him. Just holding Bo while he gets the tears out of his system alternating between patting and rubbing the distraught young man's back.

"Shhhh it's ok Bo it's gonna be alright what's got you so worked up all the sudden? Just calm down this ain't gonna help your breathin none."

Rubbing a weather worn hand down Daisy's face in tender strokes

"All we's can do is rely on the doc to confirm that Bo is ok. I ain't about to let him leave here if the doc says he's still too sick. I've talked till I'm blue in the face and he still won't change his mind. So I guess now all we's can do is give him our support unless ya think you's got a chance of changing his mind."

Daisy sighed

"No...if you can't talk him outta it there ain't no way I can. Oh Uncle Jesse why cant he just accept that he's not well and needs to stay here?"

But as Luke asked what was the matter, it just made Bo even more upset. He was scared, frustrated, angry, worried and depressed all at the same time and no matter how much he wanted to tell Luke and have him reassure him and calm him down, he couldn't because his throat hurt too bad every time he so much as spoke one letter.

Uncle Jesse kisses Daisy's forehead with the slightest grin on his lips

"Because he's a stubborn Duke"

Luke holds Bo close for another minute then gently pushes him back. Reaching in his own back pocket pulling out a handkerchief Luke dries Bo's tears.

"C'mon at least rest a few minutes on this other bed ya look like ya ready to collapse again. Just take as deep a breaths as ya can to calm yerself then I want to know what's going on in that head a yurs."

This said Luke guides Bo to the extra bed in the room sitting Bo down then gently lifting his feet up onto the bed and propping the top part up so that Bo is sitting up. Then grabbing the notebook and pencil off the bedside table waits for Bo to gain enough composure to hopefully write down what he is feeling.

Uncle Jesse kisses Daisy's forehead with the slightest grin on his lips

"Because he's a stubborn Duke"

Luke holds Bo close for another minute then gently pushes him back. Reaching in his own back pocket pulling out a handkerchief Luke dries Bo's tears.

"C'mon at least rest a few minutes on this other bed ya look like ya ready to collapse again. Just take as deep a breaths as ya can to calm yerself then I want to know what's going on in that head a yurs."

This said Luke guides Bo to the extra bed in the room sitting Bo down then gently lifting his feet up onto the bed and propping the top part up so that Bo is sitting up. Then grabbing the notebook and pencil off the bedside table waits for Bo to gain enough composure to hopefully write down what he is feeling.