Double Duke Trouble

BoJamesDuke

Daisy had to laugh, knowing that where she in his position she would probably be doing the same, and so would Luke and so would Uncle Jesse. She cuddled into him more, laughing but also crying slightly at the same time, still worried.

Eventually Bo managed to calm down enough to start breathing properly again, using Luke's breathing to steady his own by copying him. As Luke passed him the paper however, he shook his head and pointed to the pitcher full of small ice chips.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uncle Jesse leans his head on Daisy's glad to hear her tinkling laughter even if it's still mingled with a few tears/

"The Good Lord will take care of him."

Luke smiles as he notices Bo copying his own breathing to steady his. Breathing slow and easy Luke watches Bo for a few moments then trades the paper and pencil for a cup of ice chips.

"Good boy Bo just breathe with me."

Turns back to Bo offering him a couple of the chips still breathing slow and easy as Bo copies him.

"Here ya go cuz"

Although his breathing is still shaky, its a lot better than it had been, only mingled slightly with a few raspy breaths. He gratefully took the ice chips and slipped them into his mouth, sucking gently on them to encourage the cool water to slip down his throat, still following his older cousin's steady breathing, as he had followed practically everything Luke had ever done in life.

He admired Luke, and as he heard the words of encouragement that Luke spoke he couldn't help but feel a little happier, knowing his oldest cousin believed in him. He took Luke's hand in his and sqeeuzed as the ice took effect, and he prepared himself for the next part of what he needed to do.

For the first time since Bo got sick Luke starts to loose his fear but the worry or at least some of it is still there. Relieved that Bo's breathing is returning to normal from just the simple act of following his own this being a sign to Luke that Bo may indeed be able to help in the plan without too many bad affects. Squeezing Bo's hand back Luke notices the same look of admiration, Bo has always given him when he has been in a situation that Luke has had to help him out of. This look in Bo's eyes that alot of people probably wouldn't notice has always made Luke feel special in a way that only Bo's total trust in him could.

"If you keep this type of improvement up I don't see any reason for the doc or Uncle Jesse to object as long as ya can keep your breathin under control with me coachin."

Bo nodded, and inside he told himself to go ahead with what he had been planning to do. Now seemed as good a time as any...he was just scared of what Luke might say, or how this could affect him.

But as he looked over his older cousin, and the gradual decline of the worry filled tenseness in his shoulders, he didn't care. This could kill him all it liked, so long as he got Luke to hear three simple words.

One more time he followed Luke's breathing before breaking off...

Love...ya....Luke...

Luke leaps at Bo wrapping him in a bearhug having believed it was going to be quite sometime before Bo ever spoke again. Whispering in Bo's ear tenderly briefly biting his lower lip to will the tears away in case Bo mistakes them for something other than happy relief. Gulping to try to get rid of the sudden huge lump in his throat before speaking.

"Love ya too Bo. Lord I thought at one time I'd never hear ya speak again and at best it'd be a while yet."

Luke allows himself to be pulled onto the bed relaxing for a full minute on the inviting matress as soon as he can feel his eyes closing though he quickly props himself on one elbow in order to see Bo's face. Wondering if Bo's actions was just his need to feel secure after all that has happened or a ploy to get him (Luke) to get much needed sleep but he doesn't bother to ask, Bo doesn't have his paper and pencil and shouldn't talk too much yet so Luke is content with the companiable silence the only sound being that of both their breathing.

Bo smiled gently back at Luke as his eyes drifted closed. Part of the point of getting Luke onto the bed was indeed to persuade him to get the rest that he obviously desperatly needed, but the other part was because he wanted to feel comforted, like Luke comforted him when they were back at that farm and he was il. Just the little things like feeling Luke's breaths rippling through his hair, or feeling his strong muscled arm wrapped protectivly around his waist. It made him feel safe and secure and he needed nothing more than that at the moment.

As Luke proped himself up on one elbow, he wrapped his arm aroundLuke's waist and snuggled gently into his side, rubbing his back gently to try and get him to sleep like he was going to do.

Luke chuckles as he puts his forehead on the top of Bo's head whispering,running his hand through Bo's blonde locks

"It won't work Bo"

Soon however Luke can feel himself getting drowsy as Bo rubs his back. Rubbing his eyes Luke tries to fight the fatigue that is catching up to him now that he's being still and the knowledge that Bo is getting better. Laying his head down on the same arm but now outstretched Luke thinks to himself he's only going to rest till Bo's asleep but the rythmn of Bo's breathing although still a little raspy has the same effect as the quiet night sounds around the farm and Luke's on breathing slows and evens out in slumber.

Bo smiled as he felt Luke drift off into sleep and he looked up slightly, relieved to see that in fact his plan had worked and his older cousin was getting the sleep that Bo had unwillingly deprived him of.

He had to chuckle slightly as he thought of what a role revesal this was. Usually it was Luke thinking up all the plans and Luke having to practically pin Bo to the bed to get him to rest. It felt nice to know that if the time called for it, Luke trusted Bo enough to let the roles switch and go along with what Bo wanted to do sometimes.

He snuggled further into his cousin's strong embrace and gently closed his eyes. feeling calmed and reassured by the strong heartbeat he could hear next to his ear. He didn't care of the doctor came in now and heard his rasping breaths. No one could tear him away from Luke now, he wouldn't let them, and he hoped that Luke wouldn't let them either as he finally succumbed to the gentle sleep that Luke's heartbeat and reassuring embrace lulled him into.

Uncle Jesse looks at the clock on the waitingroom wall not having realized that he and Daisy had been sitting there so long. Giving Daisy's shoulders another squeeze

"You wanna go see what them cousins of yours is doing? Ya don't hafta if you don't think ya can handle it in which case ya might wanna go see where B.L. wandered off too she's been gone a long time herself. But I need to check on them they've been by themselves fer a quite a spell now."

Daisy nodded and stretched, lifting herself gently from the seat.

"I'll go find B.L, if Bo's gonna be walking around I don't think he's gonna be too comfortable in a hospital gown. Me and B.L can go back to the farm and pick up a couple of things, get Cooter on board with the plan and get him to check the cars over, especially General Lee."

She hugged Jesse gently.

"Tell Bo i'm real sorry 'bout taking off like that."

With that, she headed off down to the cafeteria, searching out B.L. Upon entering she looked around, ignoring some of the male eyes that landed upon her, completly forgetting she was still in her Boar's Nest waitressing outfit, which consisted of a pair of very short shorts. She soon spotted her friend and alone at a table and crossed over to her, sitting opposite.

"Hey....you alright?"

Uncle Jesse stood stretching his own muscles the joints in his knees creaking and popping with the movement after being inactive for so long.

"That sounds like a good idea, while your at it why don't ya go ahead and contact the state police and so they'll be ready to move in."

Returning Daisy's hug before they seperate

"You girls should get ya a hot bath while your at the farm you could both use the relaxing before the rest of the excitement starts."

B.L. looks up smiling as Daisy approaches shrugging at Daisy's question

"Hey....yeah I'm ok question is how are you?"

Daisy smiled gently at her friend.

"I'm doin' a lot better now thanks to you and Uncle Jesse. I's goin' back to the farm to get things set up fer the plan later. GOin' to see Cooter to get the General checked and all, calling state police that kinda thing. And also pickin' up some clothes for Bo. If he's walkin' around I don't think he's gonna be none too happy 'bout doin' it in a hospital gown. Did you wanna come or are you gonna stay here and help keep some sort of control over the boys wth Uncle Jesse?"

B.L. stands stretching her long legs grinning

"I think your right about Bo and the hopsital gown. Think I'll come with you I'm pretty sure Uncle Jesse can handle anything that comes up with those two all on his own."

Uncle Jesse stops at the door to Bo's room not hearing a sound,stepping into the room not seeing the boys at the window first anger at the thought they had left the room and then panic that maybe Bo had gotten worse again,but as he looks around the room spotting both on the opposite bed sound asleep a smile of relief creeps onto his face. Looking in the small closet space in the room Uncle Jesse pulls a light blanket from the top shelf covering the boys neither one stirring with his actions.

Luke is completely unknowing of the things around him, his sleep is a dreamless sleep so deep that its almost like a coma.

Daisy smiled and wrapped an arm round her friend's waist as they headed out towards the car park, nodding in agreement about Uncle Jesse.

"Mind ya, I don't blame Bo for not likin' them hospital gowns...they has to be so downright embarrasin'. He ain't never felt comfortable in anythin' but his jeans and yellow shirt. If you put him in a suit you can guarentee it'll be off within 2 minutes."

B.L. wrapped her own arm around Daisy's waist as they headed for the car.

"I can't say I blame him fer not likin them gowns....they's not only embarissin but drafty!"

Getting in the driver's seat of 'red fury' as Daisy gets in the passenger seat and they start out of the parking lot headed back to Hazzard. Looking over to Daisy grinning feeling better than any of them has felt for days.

"Guess we'll be Bo's favorite girls for a while if we bring him some real clothes. Better get some for Luke too he's been wearin the same ones ever since Bo was brought in. Bet after they get home they'll both sleep for a week."

B.L. wrapped her own arm around Daisy's waist as they headed for the car.

"I can't say I blame him fer not likin them gowns....they's not only embarissin but drafty!"

Getting in the driver's seat of 'red fury' as Daisy gets in the passenger seat and they start out of the parking lot headed back to Hazzard. Looking over to Daisy grinning feeling better than any of them has felt for days.

"Guess we'll be Bo's favorite girls for a while if we bring him some real clothes. Better get some for Luke too he's been wearin the same ones ever since Bo was brought in. Bet after they get home they'll both sleep for a week."

giggling

"Yup and Rosco's always lockin 'im and Luke for some trumped up charge or another. Which means if Bo thought it was Rosco and Boss' doin he wouldn't be mad at you." *comments idly* "Wouldn't hurt none if ol Luke was held prisinor too he looks like he could fall over from exhaustion any minute."

Picking up the cb mic B.L. hands it to Daisy

"How about givin Cooter a holler to meet us at the farm that way we can fill him in,call the state police and get clothes for Bo all in one stop. Get back to the hospital sooner that way."

She smiled and took the CB, but paused before she said anything into it.

"Actually Uncle Jesse wants us away for a few hours. He said to get rested up and have a shower and things before we come back so we's can help Bo more by showin' him we's okay."

This was a major bending of what Uncle Jesse really said, but she didn't want to go back to the hospital so soon. Truth be told, she didnt like it there, and the more she visited it the more likely she was to remember Bo like this. It was going to be hard enough to forget him hooked up to a vantilator, choking for breath with tubes and wires snaking out from all over the place .

B.L. nods

"Ok guess he's right ain't none of us helpin Bo if we're all tired and nervous as a sore tailed cat in a room full of rockin chairs. I'm the only one that's had a good night's sleep in my own bed,so it wouldn't hurt you none to take a nap."

B.L. turns onto Mill Pond Road leading to the Duke farm not even questioning what Daisy has told her that Uncle Jesse said for them to do. Arriving in the yard of the farm B.L. steps out out of the car going toward the door then turning back to wait for Daisy.