Double Duke Trouble

BoJamesDuke

Daisy tensed slightly, growing even more angry at the people who had hurt her little cousin so badly.

"Well is there anyway fer you to check if he was? I mean, if it's still in his system then it could come back if aggrivated?"

Bo grinned.

"Fine....if you's won't....willingly....tell me....I'll have...ta make ya...."

Brings his hands down and tickles her ribs

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Giving the young woman a reassuring smile the doctor reassures her

"He'll be fine if he was injected with something the antibiotics we have been giving him and are sending home with him will rid his system of the invasion cells of the disease."

B.L. removes her arms from around Bo bringing them down on his hands only resulting in trapping them against her ribs instead stopping him from tickling her. Squeaks with laughter trying to be quiet and not disturb other patients.

"Bo stop haha your a sick man hahaha remember....Luke help hahaha....Uncle Jesse make him stop hahaha" *disolves into giggles unable to talk anymore*

Luke rolls his eyes chuckling

"Won't you two ever grow up?"

B.L. shakes her head no gasping through the giggles

"What's....the......fun in......that"

Uncle Jesse watches closely as the two play ready to stop it if Bo's breathing gets bad from the exertion.

She nodded and smiled gratefully back at the doctor. The words had comforted her more than hearing Bo say he was alright, because it came from someone more professional, someone who knew what they were doing...but somehow she didn't think that when the doctor said he was going to discharge Bo, that he meant for Bo to be sitting shotgun in a car as it raced along a road to catch the bad guys who had done this. Swallowing the terrified lump in her throat, she thanked the doctor and headed back to the room, stopping at the nurses station to get some disinfectant wipes for the cans to be washed with.

Bo grinned wider as B.L practically collapsed laughing.

"Come on....B.L all you's got....ta do is....tell me..."

By this time B.L. is weak with laughter doing her best to keep standing so as not to drag Bo down with her as she shakes her head no at him still refusing to tell.

Uncle Jesse can't sit by idly anymore without issuing a warning at least

"Bo you don't get to wild there ya still ain't breathin the best in the world."

At Uncle Jesse's words B.L. raises her eyes upto Bo's face shaking a playful finger at him still laughing

"Ya heard Uncle..... Jesse...now be a.... good boy.... and ....and...loosa me"

By this time B.L. is weak with laughter doing her best to keep standing so as not to drag Bo down with her as she shakes her head no at him still refusing to tell.

Uncle Jesse can't sit by idly anymore without issuing a warning at least

"Bo you don't get to wild there ya still ain't breathin the best in the world."

At Uncle Jesse's words B.L. raises her eyes upto Bo's face shaking a playful finger at him still laughing

"Ya heard Uncle..... Jesse...now be a.... good boy.... and ....and...let...loosa me"

Bo didn't want to stop the play with B.L. This was the most fun he had had since this whole ordeal had started...yet the painful contractions os his chest as he breathed told him that he was over doing it, and he released B.L, reaching out to Luke for support as he stumbled backwards slightly.

Luke grabs for Bo as he stumbles as Bo releases her B.L. makes a grab for his other arm both catching him at the same time. B.L. instantly feeling bad for making Bo worse again

"I'm sorry Bo I didn't mean for ya breathin to get bad again. You's just looked so much better when I came in and then ya snuck up behind me and grabbed me I didn't think cos I was just glad ya felt like playin around again."

Luke smiles at her then turns a slight frown on Bo

"It's ok B.L. it ain't your fault he knew not ta push his luck. Bo just settle down now and copy my breathin like ya been doing all day before Daisy gets here she'll have a fit about you maybe gettin released if she sees ya this way."

Uncle Jesse wets the washcloth again wiping Bo's face and neck.

"Bo come over here and sit down for a bit"

Bo sighed as best he could through brethlessness and slight pain as both B.L and Luke caught him. He hated this so much. He knew he was about to get some sort of reprimanding off of Luke, therefore he didn't even respond when he recieved it.

He groaned thankfully as Jesse pressed the cool flannel to his face and neck, feeling quite hot the cool water soothed him a little. He took Jesse's arm and allowed him, Luke and B.L to help him over to a chair by the open window, trying to hear Luke's breathing in amoungst the others that were close to him to pick up the steady pace.

Once Bo is in the chair by the window B.L. leans against the wall her own breathing sounding almost like Bo's from laughing so hard. Not realizing that she is following Luke's breathing and her own is therefore returning to normal. Uncle Jesse wipes Bo's face a few more times then laying the cloth on the arm of the chair tells the group

"I'm going to take a short walk if you and B.L. can handle things here Luke, I've been sittin still too long and these old bones are tellin me so."

Luke nods at Uncle Jesse too fully concentrated on getting Bo's breathing back under control to respond any other way. B.L. sucks in a deep breath,although her breathing is normal again her face is still read from all the horseplaying.

"Has he done this alot today Luke"

Luke shakes his head no still concentrating on Bo it barely registering that Bo hasn't done this as much as he had expected him to.

Daisy walked down the corridor to Bo's room, smiling as she saw Uncle Jesse walking towards her. She put the bag gently on the floor and wrapped her arms round her Uncle's neck as he reached her.

"How's he doin' Uncle Jesse?"

Bo gradually managed to hear Luke's breathing underneath everything else and fought to get it back to how Luke's was, gripping Luke's hand slightly as he felt pain shoot through his chest with every too deep a breath.

Uncle Jesse smiles hugging Daisy tight deciding not to tell Daisy about the scene when he left the room but rather the better points of the last few minutes

"He's alot better hasn't been under the tent all day and he's even been up movin around some." *chuckles*

"He slipped up behind B.L. just a few minutes ago when she wasn't lookin and scared her nigh to death."

points to the bag on the floor at their feet

"I'm guessin that thar bag has the secret in it she was teasin him about resultin in him ticklin her unmercifully. So did ya'll get things worked out with Cooter and the state police?"

Luke pats Bo's knee as he squats in front of him

"Easy Bo nice and slow."

Daisy laughed

"That sounds like the Bo we know and love."

As Uncle Jesse pointed she nodded and smiled

"Yeah, I picked Luke and Bo up some fresh clothes. I though maybe Bo'd feel more comfortable in his proper clothes than a hospital gown. Got some car magazines fer 'em to read and I brought Bo a couple of cans of this."

She reached into the bag and brought out one of the cans.

"I checked with the Doc and he said s'fine as long as the top was clenaed, which it has been."

Bo tried again to copt Luke's breathing but only winced and gasped alightly.

"Can't...can't...hurts...."

Uncle Jesse laughs with Daisy

"Yeah it sure looked like the Bo we's used to seein except for the hospital gown."

nods approvingly at Daisy's thoughtfulness

"They'll appreciate the magazines and Bo'll be tickled with gettin to wear his own clothes. Good thinkin...I know Bo'll be glad to get to eat or drink somethin besides somethin from the hospital cafeteria. You's go on and take it to 'em I'm gonna stretch my bones a little then I'll be right back."

Luke stands gripping one of Bo's shoulders and hand then looking at B.L.

"Help me get him to the bed B.L. S'k Bo do ya need somethin for the pain? They's can give ya somethin that won't knock ya out if you need it and don't say no just ta be brave about bearin the pain it'll be better on ya breathin to take somethin to knock the edge off at least."

B.L. copies Luke on the other side of Bo and the two of them pull him from the chair easing him over to the bed and helping him ease onto the matress then as Luke puts Bo's feet up on the bed B.L. raises the top enough that Bo is partially sitting hoping it will ease his breathin some.

She smiled at her Uncle and hugged him again before moving to let him go past, but she quickly remember and called him.

"Uncle Jesse! Everythin' is set fer tonight. Alan and his men are gonna meet us and Cooter at the farm at 7 to move into position at half past."

Bo rubbed his chest in a vain attempt to get it to stop hurting. He nodded as Luke asked about getting him something for the pain, groaning slightly as the B.L raised the head of the bed.

As Daisy calls back Uncle Jesse turns once again to face her

"Ok sounds good"

Luke brushes some stray hair from Bo's forehead then looks at B.L. nodding in Bo's direction

"Alright Bo I'll be back in a second. B.L. stay with him.

B.L. wrings her hands worriedly scared Bo's done more damage. Berating herself for letting him overexert himself without so much as a worried protest from her. She could have just stepped out of his reach but she didn't and now he can't breathe and is in pain.

"I'm sorry Bo I didn't mean to hurt ya more? Ok Luke"

Before B.L. can answer Luke is already gone out the door not waiting and she didn't turn to look at him as she answered. Holding Bo's free hand as she watches him grimace with pain. It isn't long before Luke is back with a nurse in tow holding a small medicine cup with a green substance in it,holding it to Bo's lips as Luke supports his head while he empties the contents of the cup.

"Here ya are Mr. Duke this is some ibuprofin it'll help with the pain."

After Bo finishes the medicine the nurse tells them to call if he doesn't get better soon and they'll give him a shot of morophine.

"It sure does. Now you git, i'll get these to Bo."

She watched as Jesse headed off down the corridor and smiled as she picked up the bag and headed into Bo's room, arriving just as the nurse was leaving. She stepped inside and gasped slightly at Bo's obvious, laboured breathing. She walked gently over to the bed, calming slightly as she sees Luke and B.L with him, soothing him. She stood next to Luke, putting the bag next to her feet and picking up the cold washcloth to dab gently at his face, not saying a word, hearing how Bo was trying to regulate his breathing with Luke's.

Luke wraps an arm around Daisy's waist as she steps up beside him taking the cloth and wiping Bo's forehead and face. B.L. notices some sort of leaflet lying nearby picking it up she quickly folds it into an acordian shaped fan and begins to fan Bo stirring the air around him. All the while her eyes never leaving Bo's face as she blames herself for this latest set back, if she had just stopped Bo from tickling her he wouldn't be like this now.

Luke wraps an arm around Daisy's waist as she steps up beside him taking the cloth and wiping Bo's forehead and face. B.L. notices some sort of leaflet lying nearby picking it up she quickly folds it into an acordian shaped fan and begins to fan Bo stirring the air around him. All the while her eyes never leaving Bo's face as she blames herself for this latest set back, if she had just stopped Bo from tickling her he wouldn't be like this now.

The pain releif kicked in fairly quickly and gradually Bo was able to get his breathing back under his control. He leant into Daisy's gentle touches with the cold flannel, feeling too weak to actually say or do anything other than that.

Daisy smiled as she felt Bo nuzzle gently into her touch. She saw the look on B.L's face however and cast a questioning glance over to her and Luke.

Luke too sees the look on B.L.'s face and gently shakes his head no smiling reassuringly as Bo's breathing begins to get better knowing exactly what the look is and why. B.L. looks across at Daisy seeing the puzzlement on her face she hadn't seen the antics between B.L. and Bo before his breathing went bad. B.L. doesn't want Bo to hear he's in no shape to argue with her and she knows he would so she mouths the words at Daisy nodding in Bo's direction she it's clear exactly what she's blaming herself for.

"My fault"

Daisy frowned and shook her head. She knew B.L wouldn't do this to Bo and she knew if Bo even caught a glimpse of her doing or saying anything like that he would have something to say about it, despite the fact that he, as far as she knew, still couldn't talk.

Bo swallowed and sat up, reaching out for Luke as he clutched his stomach trembling.

B.L. nods sadly then silently mouths her words again so Bo doesn't hear knowing he's too busy trying to get his breathing under control to pay attention to her.

"I shouldn't have let him tickle me it was too much exertion but was glad he felt like playing around so I didn't try to stop him."

Luke wrapped an arm around Bo as he sat up to support him.

"Bo are ya ok? Listen it's real important that ya don't get sick otherwise that medicine is just gonna come back up and ya really gonna hurt then. Just take slow easy breaths and try to keep it at bay."

B.L. forgets about blaming herself for the moment when Bo sits up so suddenly clutching his stomach and trembling. Looking back to Daisy B.L. lifts her hand to her mouth thumb pointed toward it in a drinking motion maybe the fizz in the drinks they brought would help to settle Bo's stomach.

Daisy slowly shook her head as B.L mouthed the explanation and started to say something before Bo sat up. Luke was of course, instantly there to soothe him. She looked as B.L made a motion and snapped her fingers happily and ducked down to get the can from the bag, handing it to Luke.

"Here Luke, give him this. It should help settle his stomach a bit."

Daisy smiled and shook her head.

"Not evreything, just somethings."

Bo gently sipped the drink, blinking slightly as he realised it wasn't water which was what he had been expecting. He wanted to drink a bit faster, but the fact he had to keep taking long breaths between sips didnt help, nor did the fact that swallowing the liquid was still painful. Somehow he managed to drink a fair bit before leaning back and smiling thankfully at Daisy and B.L