Double Duke Trouble

BoJamesDuke

The nurse quietly leaves the room not wanting to be witness to a family confrontation, leaving the wheelchair behind.

Uncle Jesse's face is a mirade of shock and fury never in all their lives had one of his kids refused to do as he said to his face. Moving to stand in front of Bo towering over the young man on the bed. Jesse is practically shaking with anger,pointing a finger just inches from Bo's nose in a quiet voice shaking with anger

"You will do as I say Beaureguard James Duke,now I've let ya by with your earlier outburst at Luke cos ya frustrated and we all know it but you will not directly defy me young man I won't tolerate it."

Changing that same hand from pointing to holding his index finger and thumb less than an inch apart Jesse continues in that same tone.

"Your about this close ta gettin switched when we's get home sick or not"

Luke gulped as Uncle Jesse stood in front of Bo he can't remember the last time he saw Uncle Jesse this mad. Looking over at Daisy to see the same shock registering on her face as he's sure it is his own.

B.L.'s head snaps up and her eyes go as big as saucers when Bo speaks in all her life she can't ever remember any of the Duke kids telling Uncle Jesse no they wouldn't do something. She herself though not a Duke had never told him no when he gave an order.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Daisy silently watched as she saw Bo's jawline tighten and closed her eyes, praying that Bo wasn't about to do what she thought he was. She knew Bo was upset and frustrated at the situation, but he should know better than to go against his Uncle, especially when Jesse was this angry.

Bo continued looking determindly into his Uncle's furious eyes, swallowing at the threat of a switching, knowing all too welll that Jesse would most definatly carry ou tthe threat. But at that moment, he was sick and tired to the back teeth of having people ruling his life and telling him what to do. He wasn't in the mood to be pushed around by anyone....

"If ya want....ta switch me fer....tryin' ta get my....life back to.....some sorta...normailty then....I wont stop ya....but I'm doin' this my way....I'm sorry Uncle Jesse....but I's got ta...I'd never...disobey ya....if it weren't important....but this is....I need ta do this...."

Luke opens his mouth to issue his own warning of caution before Bo speaks but snaps it shut the instant he starts to talk. Jesse is so shocked at Bo's statement that he turns to the other three in the room saying

"I'll be downstairs waitin for ya'll if I stay in here I just might carry out ma threat."

saying his peace leaves the room. Luke stares at Bo in disbelief before slightly altering what he was going to say before

"Bo you's done gone too far I cain't save ya if Jesse decides to carry through. I know you's want to get back to normal but defying Uncle Jesse ain't the best route to take."

B.L. is in total shock herself completely convinced Bo has lost his mind. Shaking her head sadly she has to ask

"Have you lost it Bo? You must've cos only a really brave soul or a crazy man would defy your Uncle Jesse like you just did."

Bo closed his eyes as Jesse left the room and Luke and B.L are quick to reprimand him. He hung his head, he didn't want to defy Uncle Jesse and he was surly going to get one hell of a switching for it when he got back to the farm....but there was just something in him that at that moment refused to let him submit to anyone's wishes but his own.

He had been living in a fear locked shell for a week, letting people he didn't even know push him around, using his weaknessess to their advantage. And at that moment, it was that strength that pulsed through him, that determination that made him able to stand up to his Uncle, even though deep down he regretted it and felt so guilty.

Daisy noticed the expression on Bo's face as Jesse left the room and was fully intent on joining Luke and B.L in their reprimands of his actions. But she could tell from the way his eyes flashed with determination that there was nothing that she, or possibly even Luke and B.L, could say that would make him change his mind. She sighed and shook her head at Bo, walking out the room to find Jesse, calling his name.

Luke seen the look in Daisy's eyes as she left the room he too sees the determination in Bo's eyes knowing there is nothing any of them could say that will make him change his mind so with a resigned sigh that all he can do is be there for Bo if Unlce Jesse does punish him and from the look on their Uncle's face he most likely will. B.L. can't just take Bo's defiance with the same resignation as his cousins. Kneeling with her elbows on Bo's knees in order to look up into his face, her eyes pleading with him to reconsider.

"Bo please don't defy Uncle Jesse like this,it's been years since he's switched any 'o ya'll don't force him to hafta do it now....."

But as she can see the unwavering determination in Bo's eyes B.L. knows that not even she can get through to Bo now and it's best just to let him have his way. Picking up the bag of clothes slinging it on her shoulder in order to have both hands free to help with Bo.

Uncle Jesse stops at the elevators to wait for Daisy to catch up as he hears her call.

"Uncle Jesse..."

Daisy walked hurridly up to her Uncle, wrapping her arms comfortingly around his waist. She didn't have to ask what was wrong, she already knew, she just stood there with him, holding him close as much as for her comfort as for his.

Bo slid off the bed and into Luke's waiting hold that would support him as far as he could go. When he had first started defying Uncle Jesse's wishes, he thought from the look on Luke's face that he would walk out on him just as Daisy had done and he wouldn't have blamed him if he had.

He felt horrible, he hadn't meant to upset his uncle who was more like a father to him and always had been. He just....he needed this, he needed support in his own decisions to know that he had the freedom to make them. The encounter with the two thugs had left him scared of making decisions, decisions like whether he should live or die or not....

He didn't have a choice what he did when he was under the watch of those two, his decisions would have meant life or death for his family and that had scared him badly. He didn't want to let on though, so he carried on letting them think he was being stubborn....even though he would get a switching from Uncle Jesse for it, and Luke knew him well enough not to let this go without a fight.

Uncle Jesse wraps his arm around Daisy's waist having no words to explain what just happened in that hospital room. As the elevator door opens Jesse gently tugs on Daisy's hold and they step on together,pushing the button for the 1st floor.

Once Luke was sure Bo had his balance he released the hold on Bo's waist instead taking hold of Bo's upper arm still lending the steadying support but not the comforting support of before. Deciding to let Bo really do it on his own but still be there when Bo sees he can't quite do it yet. Vowing to find out what it's all about just as soon as the men are caught tonight.

B.L. is still shocked at all this but unwilling to abandon Bo wraps her arm around his waist prepared to be the one to take his weight this time instead of Luke if he can't make it. Although like Luke she's giving him the silent treatment not exactly sure what else can be said right now. Readjusting the bag strap on her shoulder the three of them walk out of the room and toward the elevator.

Daisy stepped out the elevator with Uncle Jesse, her head now resting on his shoulder as they stood in the enterance waiting for Bo. She sincerely hoped that Luke and B.L had managed to sense into Bo's head,...

"Uncle Jesse....are ya really gonna switch Bo?"

Bo walked on unsteady feet down the corridor, concentrating now on keeping both his footing and his breathing steady. With Luke and B.L's hands on his arms, he felt encouraged, supported and his head cleared a little as to how he could keep going.

As he lifted one foot up to bring it a step forward, he would breathe in and as he put it back down, he would breathe out. He liked this method of working because it kept him steady, kept him focused on the revenge he was going to get tonight and the fact that he had freedom again.

Uncle Jesse sighs a deep worry filled sigh not really sure what he's going to do about the whole thing. If Bo weren't recovering it's exactly what would happen for such an act but he just doesn't know

"It's what he deserves....but I just don't know if I can follow through with him just gettin outta the hospital"

Luke although keeping a firm hold on Bo's arm really isn't focusing on his surroundings but rather what he's going to do to the men that has caused his family so much pain and worry especially Bo having nearly died because of them. His only thoughts are thoughts of what he considers justice and not necessarily by the hands of law enforcement.

B.L. just walks along side Bo keeping a steadying arm around his waist but not in a protective manner more as if they were just walking together as friends having visited someone else in the hospital. The two cousins are obviously thinking their own thoughts so the three of them remain in silence as they climb on the elevator riding to the first floor then stepping off to rejoin Daisy and Uncle Jesse.

Instantly receiving a frown of displeasure from Uncle Jesse he had thought that Luke and B.L. would be able to talk Bo into using the wheelchair but sees now even they couldn't get through Bo's stubborness.

Even though the glare from Jesse made his insides squirm with guilt, he held his head up, not letting it droop at all. He wasn't ashamed of what he had just done, why should he be? He was ashamed of defying Uncle Jesse to do it yes....but the freedom....oh the freedom of being able to talk openly again, being able to stand being near his family was too great to give up.

Daisy sighed as she realised Bo was not sorry at all for what he had done. She knew this would only sway her Uncle's decison further.

Seeing Bo hold his head up high despite knowing he'd angered his Uncle and the possiblity of a switching looming very real only served to strike another cord in Jesse the boy wasn't the least bit remorseful for his defiance. Shaking his head angrily he leads the group out the doors and a few parking spaces down to where the pickup and red fury are parked not saying one word to any of them. His indecision of what to do about Bo's defiance becoming clearer with each new act of that defiance.

Uncle Jesse's look toward Bo told Luke that Bo was indeed treading on thin ice but he can't help a small swell of pride in Bo saying exactly what's on his mind instead of hiding it as he had before after encountering the two criminals who had threatened him if he didn't keep silent.

Seeing Bo hold his head up high despite knowing he'd angered his Uncle and the possiblity of a switching looming very real only served to strike another cord in Jesse the boy wasn't the least bit remorseful for his defiance. Shaking his head angrily he leads the group out the doors and a few parking spaces down to where the pickup and red fury are parked not saying one word to any of them. His indecision of what to do about Bo's defiance becoming clearer with each new act of that defiance.

Uncle Jesse's look toward Bo told Luke that Bo was indeed treading on thin ice but he can't help a small swell of pride in Bo saying exactly what's on his mind instead of hiding it as he had before after encountering the two criminals who had threatened him if he didn't keep silent.

Bo swallowed and quivered slightly as Jesse shook his head and Bo could tell he was getting angrier and angrier. But not one to back down from what he had set himself to do, he just followed him and Daisy out the hospital, waving slightly to some of the nurses who waved to him, smiling as he realised he was finally going home.

He didn't know which car he was going in though, so he let Luke guide him to wherever they were supposed to go.

Luke looked at B.L. hoping she would catch in his expression he was in no hurry to be closed up in the cab of the pickup with Uncle Jesse despite not being the target of the man's anger. She looked back at him and nodded then the two of them walked Bo around to the passenger side of red fury. B.L. reaching for the door handle and opening the door as Luke kept steadying hands on Bo. Thankful that B.L. seemingly read his mind,riding in red fury would be easier than climbing in and out of the pickup. Easing Bo into the passenger seat,once he's settled Luke closes the passenger door and the two of them walk back around to the driver's side. B.L. turning to Daisy not wanting her to be the one caught in a moving vehicle with Uncle Jesse's temper either.

"Wanna ride with us? The car will be easier on Bo than the pickup"

As they wait for Daisy to decide Uncle Jesse gets in the driver's side of the pickup.

Daisy looked back to the truck and sighed. She knew Jesse wasn't mad, not really. He was just worried more than anything but someone needed to ride with him or it would only increase what anger he had further at the thought that they all sided with Bo.

Secretly, a little part of her did. She was proud that her little cousin now wouldn't let himself be pushed around, but there was a line you just didnt cross and Bo had done that. She shook her head and said gently.

"No, I'll be fine, we'll meet you back at the farm. Take it easy now."

She smiled and hugged B.L and Luke, reaching into the car window to give Bo a reassuring smile and quick hand squeeze before getting into the passenger side of the truck.

B.L. hugs Daisy back understanding her choice whispers so only Daisy can hear

"I don't approve of what Bo's doin nomore than you but gettin in and outta the car will be easier. Although I shouldn't be protectin his ornery hide it's not fair for Luke to hafta be in the line of fire of Jesse's anger. We'll see ya at the farm."

Uncle Jesse looks over as Daisy gets in the passenger side directing a glare at B.L. now thinking she's condoning Bo's defiance. The glare makes B.L. wilt knowing what Uncle Jesse thinks she's doing.

Luke hugs Daisy tightly

"See ya at home"

before leaning up the driver's seat of red fury climbing in the back. After Luke is situated B.L. gets in the driver's seat both vehicles starting up and pulling out of the hospital parking lot the red dodge demon following the white pickup headed for Hazzard.

B.L. hugs Daisy back understanding her choice whispers so only Daisy can hear

"I don't approve of what Bo's doin nomore than you but gettin in and outta the car will be easier. Although I shouldn't be protectin his ornery hide it's not fair for Luke to hafta be in the line of fire of Jesse's anger. We'll see ya at the farm."

Uncle Jesse looks over as Daisy gets in the passenger side directing a glare at B.L. now thinking she's condoning Bo's defiance. The glare makes B.L. wilt knowing what Uncle Jesse thinks she's doing.

Luke hugs Daisy tightly

"See ya at home"

before leaning up the driver's seat of red fury climbing in the back. After Luke is situated B.L. gets in the driver's seat both vehicles starting up and pulling out of the hospital parking lot the red dodge demon following the white pickup headed for Hazzard.

Bo remained quiet on the trip back, silently celebrating the fact that, despite what the doctor had said and what most of his familt had said, he had indeed made it out the hospital practically on his own. The support Luke and B.L had given him had helped tremendously and he couldn't help but give a small smile to himself to think about how much he had accomplished and was going to acomplish tonight.

He did however know that everyone was mad at him or shoked at him so didn't let the smile stay for very long, turning his attention to the veiw of the HAzzard County landscape out his window.

Daisy watched her Uncle for a little bit before saying.

"B.L isn't condoning Bo's defiance Uncle Jesse...it's just eaisier for Bo if he rides in red fury..."

B.L. nor Luke say a word on the ride either both lost in their own thoughts. Luke's of revenge along with a fair amount of worry that Uncle Jesse will really switch Bo and also anger with Bo for his refusal to cooperate just until they got home.

B.L. wondering how she got herself in between this rock and hard place knowing either way she had went with her decison was likely to give someone the wrong impression. If she hadn't gave Bo a ride he would think she was mad at him but that wasn't exactly so only shocked and maybe a little confused at his defiance.

Uncle Jesse reaches over squeezing Daisy's hand at her admission giving her a half smile

"I know I'm not really mad at her, she's only trying to do what's best for Bo."

Before long they turn onto the road that will lead them to the Duke farm. Pulling into the yard Uncle Jesse gets out going to stand watch as B.L. and Luke exit the driver's side of the car,taking the bag of clothes from B.L. as they carefully help Bo from the passenger side.

B.L. nor Luke say a word on the ride either both lost in their own thoughts. Luke's of revenge along with a fair amount of worry that Uncle Jesse will really switch Bo and also anger with Bo for his refusal to cooperate just until they got home.

B.L. wondering how she got herself in between this rock and hard place knowing either way she had went with her decison was likely to give someone the wrong impression. If she hadn't gave Bo a ride he would think she was mad at him but that wasn't exactly so only shocked and maybe a little confused at his defiance.

Uncle Jesse reaches over squeezing Daisy's hand at her admission giving her a half smile

"I know I'm not really mad at her, she's only trying to do what's best for Bo."

Before long they turn onto the road that will lead them to the Duke farm. Pulling into the yard Uncle Jesse gets out going to stand watch as B.L. and Luke exit the driver's side of the car,taking the bag of clothes from B.L. as they carefully help Bo from the passenger side.

Daisy watched as Bo's posture instantly became a lot more positive as he looked around the familiar property. She smiled as he crossed the short distance from B.L's car to the General Lee and fondly patted his roof. It was then that she realised just how much Bo had come so close to losing in death, and she knew that he was just so happy to finally be home.

Bo broke gently from Luke and B.L's hold to lean on the General, working his way slowly up to the hood and hoisting himself gently onto the hood, leaning back against the windscreen and grinning as he felt the familiar breeze sweep across him and the different sounds of the animals greeted his ears. He drew in as deep a breath as he could and smelt the typical smells of the farm, sighing contenedly, not caring what happened to him next, right now nothing could spoil this feeling. He was home.

B.L. leans against the fender of red fury smiling broadly as they watch Bo circle the general lee then hoist himself onto the hood leaning comfortabley against the windshield contentedly.

Luke too has leaned against the red fury to watch Bo,but as he see's Uncle Jesse take a step toward Bo knowing what is to come,Luke grasps Uncle Jesse's arm whispering pleadingly

"Uncle Jesse please don't not now just let Bo enjoy being home for now"

Uncle Jesse looks at the restraining hand on his wrist and back up to Luke's face blue eyes meeting blue eyes one set pleading the other dancing with fire. Looking over at Bo though it's hard to miss just how happy and contented he really is nodding acceptance to Luke's request Jesse looks back at the hand still restraining him.

"Alright Luke I'll leave it be till tamorra,now either turn me loose or you'll be joinin Bo"

Luke instantly lets go and Jesse turns taking the bag of clothes inside the house. Sighing contentedly himself as he hoistes himself to sit on red fury's hood Luke continues to watch Bo.

Daisy sighed with relief as she saw Luke stop Uncle Jesse from getting to Bo at that moment. He looked so calm, looked once more like he didn't have a care in the world to worry about. His breathing had taken a hammering from all the moving around, but she listened as he quickly got it under control, breathing in and out again with an almost sigh of happy relief each time.

She crossed over to Luke as Jesse went inside, and gave him a brief squeeze of thanks and resasurance before signalling to B.L that they should head inside...if anyone could get to the bottom of why Bo was being so defiant at the threat of a switching, which was enough to put a quiver in anyone's liver, it would be Luke and she was fairly certian that from the way luke had started to watch Bo, he was trying to figure it out before asking Bo.

She walked inside and headed into the lounge, sitting on the sofa, glad that she could finally sit down and relax for a little while.

Bo hadn't noticed the breif exchange between Jesse and Luke, too busy looking out over the farm, the home that at one point he never thought he would ever get to come back to. Everything was so familiar, he felt safe here, safer than he had felt in a week. He could simply rest here and not have to worry about people coming to talk to him, not having to keep looking over his shoulder to check there was someone with a gun waiting near by. No, he could just sit here with his thoughts and enjoy the beautiful landscape of his home, something he had never really noticed, something he had before taken for granted.

Luke returned Daisy's brief hug, taking his eyes off Bo only briefly as he watched the two girls go inside. Then turning back once more to watch Bo quickly get his breathing back under control. Jumping down from the hood of red fury Luke walks over to the opposite side of the general hoisting himself up next to Bo copying his younger cousin's relaxed position. Looking over at Bo,he draws in a deep breath blowing it out in one big swoosh. Taking Uncle Jesse's advice to just spit it out when somethin's on your mind Luke asks

"Bo what in the world has got into you,ya act like ya don't even care that Uncle Jesse's gettin closer and closer to switchin ya with every defiance."

B.L. flops down on the couch next to Daisy leaning her head against the back of the couch,stretching her long legs out in front of her.

Bo smiled as Luke quickly joined him on the hood of the General. He put his arms behind his head as he tilted his head back to look up at the beautiful, cloudless blue sky above him.

He shrugged when Luke asked him and thought carefully about what to say, but in the end decided that the truth was really the only thing he had to offer. Luke wouldn't like it and neither would Jesse if he found out, but it was how he felt.

"S'cause....I really don't care if he does or not Luke..."

Daisy smiled and rested her head against the back of the couch, glancing briefly out the window to watch her cousin's....and grinned slightly as Luke's jaw dropped open.

"Uh...B.L....we may be taking Luke to Tri County soon, it looks like Bo's just given him a heart attack.*

Giggling she pointed out the window