Double Duke Trouble

BoJamesDuke

The doctor smiles kindly at Bo as he opens his eyes

"Welcome back young man, there's some folks out in the hall gonna be mighty happy to see those eyes open again."

A nurse approaches the Doctor,the same one that the family had asked about an alternative to the oxygen mask

"Doctor, the family was asking earlier if there was an alternative to the oxygen mask it seems to distress the patient.

Nodding the doctor responds

"We can put up an oxygen tent, he's not getting enough oxygen on his own for the nose piece to be used yet but the tent will still allow the family full access to him. If you ladies will do that I'll go speak with the family."

This being said the docotor leaves the room only to find the rest of the Dukes and B.L. huddled together in the hall distraught at what they think.

"Uh Mr. Duke I need to speak with you all for a moment if you'll just follow me."

Luke pulls away from Uncle Jesse taking his had from B.L. he doesn't want to follow the doctor only to be told that Bo is gone. B.L. wraps her arm around his waist though giving moral support as they follow the doctor to an empty office. Going behind the desk the doctor reguards the family

"Did ya find out what caused Bo to get worse?"

Uncle Jesse asks unwilling to say out loud that Bo had passed. Bracing himself and his remaining nephew and niece for what is to come by putting an arm around each of them.

"No I'm sorry Mr. Duke but as I'm sure you know we lost Bo"

As this is said Luke sniffs hard as B.L. has a few more silent tears roll down her cheeks.

"The good news is we were able to bring him back after 5 shocks with the paddles. He's awake and I imagine by now wondering where you all are. After speaking to one of the nurses and learning of his dicomfort with the oxygen mask I have instructed that an oxygen tent be put up instead as I feel he isn't breathing well enough on his own for the nose piece yet."

Uncle Jesse smiles gratefully at the doctor as he hugs the three young people standing in the small office with him

"Bo didn't give up" turning to the doctor again "Thank you doctor for all you've done"

"No thanks needed Mr. Duke just doing my job,it would be a real shame to lose such a young man as your nephew."

Luke is sure he's hearing things hardly able to believe that Bo's alive and awake when just 45 minutes before he'd been slipping further from them and then finally letting go of all the pain.

B.L. hugs Daisy excitedly and then Luke, returning to Daisy's side she whispers

"see I told ya Bo would be ok"

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bo looked around weakly, but worridly as the plastic was lowered over the top half of his body. He couldn't move, he was too exhausted for that, and he couldn't question what was going on either. He didn't need this right now, all he needed was Luke and his family to get back to him so he could at least try and explain what had been going on. To say he was now frustrated with what was happening was an understatement.

Daisy smiled and cried with relief as they were told that Bo hadn't given up, that he was still with them even though he had died for a few minutes. That thought scared her a lot, but it didnt stop her running into Luke's arms, colliding with him and holding him like she never wanted to let go. She knew Bo would never leave them like that, never and she hoped that Luke realised that now too.

Luke staggers a bit at Daisy's body collides with his, regaining his balance he wraps his arms around her holding on just as tight. Relief evident in his voice but shakey still with emotion but it's elation now instead of misery and feat.

"He's not gone Bo's ok, what say we go see that cousin of ours"

Guiding Daisy from the office one arm around her shoulders as they head back down the hall,followed closely by Uncle Jesse and B.L. Arriving at the room Luke still holding onto Daisy enters blinking the building tears of relief away as he goes over to the bed taking Bo's hand still afraid to believe afraid the hand will be cold and lifeless but the one thing that lets him know Bo's alive is his eyes are alert instead of fixated in a dead stare on the ceiling. Smiling he reaches under the tent ruffling Bo's hair

"You sure have a knack for the dramatic cuz ya should think about being an actor."

Uncle Jesse steps upto the other side of the bed leaning in under the tent to give Bo as fierce a hug as possible too choked with emotion to speak.

B.L. steps closer to the bed squeezing Bo's knee also unable to say anything.

As weak as he felt, his body instantly snapped into action, his breathing suddenly no longer sounding rough and course to him, but steady and strong. His family was here and now was the time to get them to understand what the heck was going on. If they stood any chance of stopping the two theieves, and getting away with their lives.

He had to admit that that part stil scared him, but he had figured long ago that while he was stuck under a sheet of plastic, in a hospital that could pick up bugs through their frequency, there was no way of the other guys knowing that he was telling his family, especially since he would be....well he would be trying, to write it down on paper.

He didn't smile back at the revelived smiles and tears that he could see through the rumpled plastic. Instead he brought his hand up and tapped on it, then proceeded to pretend to write on his hand with his finger.

Luke quickly looks around the room at Bo's gesture for paper and pencil,finally seeing it on the extra bed. Grabbing the items he hands them to Bo waiting anxiously like everyone else to see what is so important that Bo can't even relax a while after just being brought back to life;but it seems none of them are inclined to argue with Bo on the point. Luke hopes it has something to do with Boss Hogg's scheme so they can put a stop to it.

"What is it Bo?"

Bo frantically scribbles on the paper beneath the tent, still feeling weak but needing to get this out before he decided against it again. His hand was trembling badly, although the writing was still eligible.

It's at 4 tomorrow afternoon. The truck carrying the guns is going to be ambushed on Ol' Mill Road. Boss' two guys are gonna throw the stuff in the quicksand and then Boss is gonna use the money from the insurance to demolish most of Hazzard square and put in some stupid statue of him. But the guys are plannin' to rob Boss blind, and they aint afraid to hurt people doin' it.

Luke takes the note from Bo reading it for the others then asking

"what do you mean they ain't afraid to hurt others,how do you know that?"

Not voicing the one question that is uppermost in his mind that they threatened Bo in some way which would explain his odd behavior.

"Don't worry we'll take care of it,but is that the whole story or is there more?"

He hesitates for a moment before grabbing the pen and paper again, scribbling quicker, not trusting himself to stop in case he never started again.

They....I....I lied. That day I said I bumped my head in the General....it was partly true.....they found me on a back road in the General, held a gun to the back of my neck and forced me to drive them to their hideout....then they wouldn't let me go....I was hlaf out the General when they hit me over the head. When I woke up....they's had tied me up and I was alone....I escaped but overheard what they's was sayin'. They.....they dru....drugged me and told me that they's had put bugs all over the town so if I told anyone of their plans they would know....and if I told anyone....they would kill y'all.....one by one....

There is a colletive gasp heard in the silent room as Luke reads the note aloud.

Uncle Jesse takes Bo's trembling hand wishing that the oxygent tent wasnt such a barrier between them.

"Bo, don't ever think ya cant tell us somethin even if ya believe it's gonna put us in danger. We's can take care of ourselves but we almost lost YOU because ya was keepin such a secret to yaself and it was eatin' atcha that woulda been more harmful to any of us than what these fellas could do."

B.L. gives Bo a questioning look

"Bo why didnt ya just write it down like now then if ya was so afraid these guys'd kill the family? Ya coulda come to me at the clinic even if ya was afraid it was bugged then I woulda helped ya figure out what to do hun ya scared us all to death far worse than runnin into a coupla thugs hired by Boss Hogg every could."

Luke's baby blue eyes look deep into Bo's darker blue ones his heart swelling with pride that Bo would try so hard to protect them but also scared senseless as he thinks again how they almost lost Bo.

"B.L.'s right Bo ya coulda come to any of us and wrote it down just like now then me and you'd a found these jackasses and stopped them. As much as I'd like to just let'em rob Boss blind for being so greedy and hirin' the varmits we can't they might still hurt somebody if they was to get in the way."

Again Bo scribbled on the paper, obviously frustrated at having to write everything down. The lying down and writing at the same time was making his eyes hurt and his hands. Frustrated he dropped the paper to his side and gently tried to push himself up into a sitting position, making an obvious noise of anger and frustration as his arms buckled beneath him.

B.L. pushes the button on the controler above the bed sitting it up just a little but this still doesn't put Bo up high enough to sit properly,looking at Daisy and Luke she motions to the corners of the sheet that is sticking out from under Bo knowing what it's purpose is

"Hang on a second Bo. Daisy,Luke; ya'll grab ahold of this sheet and help me scoot him up just a little. On the count of three"

Luke grips the top corner and the middle of the sheet on his side of the bed in his hands as B.L. gathers the top corner on the other side leaving Daisy to get hold of the middle. B.L. counts off and as the word three leaves her lips they all give a tug scooting Bo up further in the bed making sitting a little easier.

"one....two...three. Comfy?"

Bo smiles his thanks at the three, still frustrated and annoyed at how he cant do anything for himself. He couldn't even breathe without this stupid tent thing over him. He hated it, he hated being so helpless and he hated being stuck in a bed when there was a plan that needed to be thought up and done.

He picked up the pencil and paper again and scribbled out the rest of the note.

At the time I didn't know what kind of bugs they may have placed around the town, whether they were just listening devices or video devices too.....your right Luke, we do need to stop 'em, I was tryin' ta figure out a way 'afore all this happened without lettin' you all in on it so you's wouldn't be in danger.

Luke sighs sitting on the edge of the bed facing Bo talking calmly and seriously to make his point.

"Bo when ya ever gonna learn that we's work better as a team? They ain't no way you's could take care of two guys all by yourself you's outnumbered. Ya think it woulda made us feel any better if you'd got hurt? instead of the way things has turned out?"

Giving Bo a serious look still but also understanding.

"You can still help make a plan even if ya can't help carry it out."

Bo softened slightly as he listened to Luke, knowing that he was right...but at the time the worry for his family and the love and protection that he felt for them had overidden his sense of self survival.

But as Luke talked about creating a plan but leaving him out of it, he frowned and shook his head determindly.

Luke looks at Bo asking

"What do you mean" *shakes his head mimicking Bo's actions and expression*

"How you gonna be of help here in a hospital bed? For goodness sakes Bo ya can't even scoot yaself up in the bed without help your as weak as a newborn kitten and I'll be danged if I let you do anything else to jeopardize your health so your job is to get ya strength back"

Looking just as determined although truth be told if Luke were honest with himself and the others he's not much better off than Bo being exhausted as he is.

Bo now glared back at him, and scribbled furiously on the paper.

Oh yeah?! So what good are you gonna be lookin' like you's gonna be fallin' over any second? I'll be just as equally danged if you think I's gonna sit by and let you and the rest of the family tackle this by yerselves! I ain't gonna sit here and let you run off no way no how.

"I'll be alright, I got adrenaline pushin me."

B.L. reading over Luke's shoulder amused at the almost one sided argument if you didn't know that the other side was on paper grins at Bo's stubborness and spunk a sure sign he's going to be just fine. Unable to resist a slight taunting smirk and tone for both of the combatants

"He's right Luke a good puff of wind could blow you down right now"

Luke glares at her furiously without even so much as getting a flinch from the girl. B.L. scratches her head ponderingly

"Uh Bo just how you gonna stop us? Your sorta tied up at the moment"

*gestures to the IV*

Looks at Daisy hoping she catches the glint in her eye and jumps in with total agreement about what B.L.'s fixin to say looks back to the boys with just as a determined look as the ones they are wearing

"Me 'n Daisy can take care of things and Uncle Jesse can help us along with Cooter and I'm sure Enos will help too. Which means you Luke can sleep and Bo can recover and not hafta worry about what fool stunt your pullin."

Uncle Jesse raises his eyebrow clearly saying he's defenitely not in total agreement.

Luke shakes his head vigirously

"No way B.L. not gonna happen not as long as I can keep going no"

B.L. takes the note reading it passing it to Uncle Jesse who looks up at Bo after reading the note with a piercing look that says arguing is an unwise thing to do then he says whats on his mind

"We can Bo but YOU ain't gettin them IV's out and outta that bed till that chest infection is cleared up and the doc says so!!!! Which it aint and I don't want to hear er read any argument out of you young man sick or not I'll still tan ya for backtalkin."

Luke is still giving B.L. dagger looks for so kindly pointing out that he's not near as able bodied himself at the moment as he'd like them to believe. At Uncle Jesse's proclimation that Bo's staying put he feels a twinge of satisfaction that Bo's not getting his way while he's still so sick.

Luke nods

"Ok Bo shoot"

Before Bo can start to write anything about his plan the doctor comes in

seeing Bo in a sitting position paper and pencil in hand. Smiles

"Well looks like someone is feeling alot better. Let's just see how well your doing shall we"

The doctor listens to Bo's chest,checking his reflexes and looking in his throat stands straight and announces

"I'm happy to say that it appears the chest infection is clearing up and the flu is gone although your throat is still red it's not looking any worse than if you just had a cold with a really sore throat."

Wagging a finger in Bo's direction and then Luke's

"I'll let you get back to visiting but I still want you to get plenty of rest. And you could do with some yourself I'd rather not have another Duke for a patient one's enough."

Nod's goodbye to the other occupants of the room,not recieving a response from Luke he leaves trusting the others will handle things on that end.

Uncle Jesse gives Luke a pointed look

Luke however doesn't look any of them directly in the eye knowing at least one of them will eventually utter the words 'we told you so' even though he couldn't rest till Bo started to recover and still isn't sure he can until the theives are caught.

Bo grins and shoots an annoying 'I told you so' look at Luke before waving the doc back and scribbling out some questions for him to answer.

I wanna know, when I can get out of this tent, its hot and stuffy and I dont like it, when I can take these damn needles out the back of my hand and when I can start talking again. Plus I wanna walk around, my legs are all cramped and horrible.

Needless to say, Bo was not at the moment in the best of moods.

Luke shoots a look of his own back at Bo clearly stating don't start.

The doctor reads all Bo's questions thinking for a few minutes

"Well I can't say when you can come out from under the tent completely until I see how your infection goes. You can however come out for brief periods as long as you get back under as soon as your breathing starts to be aggrevated. The fluid's IV can be removed now but the one administering antibiotics for the infection stays until the infection is cleared up. As for walking around I have no objections to roaming around the room and as you improve up and down the hall,I believe you'll find that you aren't quite upto the hall yet though. Anymore questions?"