Double Duke Trouble

BoJamesDuke

Luke can hear the bile as it moves up Bo's insides grabbing the pan from before he sits it next to Bo on the bed pulling him into a half sitting position letting all Bo's weight be supported in his strong arms.

"It's alright Bo go ahead and get it out maybe you'll feel better"

As Luke sits Bo up Uncle Jesse slips behind him on the bed helping Luke to support him, rubbing Bo's back in soothing circles still murmuring softly.

B.L. listens to Rosco babbly for ten minutes about somethin or other and she can't help but believe this has something to do with all that's been going on lately. Finally the last person leaves with their pet and she can turn the closed sign and go pick up Daisy hoping she can clear up some of Rosco's babble. Getting in 'Red Fury' B.L. gets to the Boars Nest about 10 minutes after closing time going in she hopes it doesn't startle Daisy who has her back to the door too bad as she speaks

"Hey need some help,and we can go home sooner?"

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Luke can hear the bile as it moves up Bo's insides grabbing the pan from before he sits it next to Bo on the bed pulling him into a half sitting position letting all Bo's weight be supported in his strong arms.

"It's alright Bo go ahead and get it out maybe you'll feel better"

As Luke sits Bo up Uncle Jesse slips behind him on the bed helping Luke to support him, rubbing Bo's back in soothing circles still murmuring softly.

B.L. listens to Rosco babbly for ten minutes about somethin or other and she can't help but believe this has something to do with all that's been going on lately. Finally the last person leaves with their pet and she can turn the closed sign and go pick up Daisy hoping she can clear up some of Rosco's babble. Getting in 'Red Fury' B.L. gets to the Boars Nest about 10 minutes after closing time going in she hopes it doesn't startle Daisy who has her back to the door too bad as she speaks

"Hey need some help,and we can go home sooner?"

Daisy turned, her eyes wide with excitement but also fear. She rushed forward, throwing her towel onto one of the tables and practically pulling B.L out the door.

"No, no we have to get to the hospital! I have to tell Luke this! Come on B.L, come on!"

Bo lurched forward as he heaved, all contents in his stomach being emptied into the pan beside him. He trembled violently as each heave brought a new meaning of pain to his throat.

Eventually he just fell limp in Luke's hold, having no energy left to even hold himself up. He could feel now the slow soothing movements of Uncle Jesse's soft hand rubbing slow circles in his back but he just couldn't move. His throat was raw and he was sure that it had to be bleeding with the amount of pain he was in. But he couldn't so much as make a sound as the tears mingled with the sweat that ran down his face.

B.L. lurches as Daisy pulls her out the door quickly gaining her balance and dashing for the car sliding through the window in Bo and Luke fashion from the way Daisy's actin there's no time for door opening and closing. Speeding out of the parking lot B.L. heads for the Tri County Hospital as fast as the Red Fury can go

"You want to tell me what all the rush is before we get there?"

Luke holds the limp form in his arms as Bo's breathing is still coming in ragged gasps. Moving the pan to the bedside table Luke is nearly sick himself at the sight of blood

"Oh Lord,Uncle Jesse his throat's bleedin now."

Uncle Jesse jumps to action practically running out the door

"I'll be back in a minute."

Soon Uncle Jesse is back with a nurse as they get Bo to swish and rinse his mouth with ice water to stop the bleeding. Once the bleeding has stopped the nurse also gives him a mild painkiller then returns to her work telling them not to hesitate if they need someone.

After the nurse is gone Luke just sits still holding Bo,looking like death warmed over even worse than before.

Daisy was grinning wildly as they sped down the backroads.

"B.L, its another one of Boss Hogg's schemes. I overheard him telling someone about it! He has a truck full of expensive firearms running through Hazzard, and he's hired two men to hijack the truck and destory the firearms so he can claim the insurance money! This has to be what Bo's so worried about, it just has to be!"

As the painkillers took effect, Bo could still do nothing but sit weakly in Luke's hold, still trembling. He couldn't close his eyes now, not after thinking about everything that was and maybe already had gone on in Hazzard. Eveytime he had before after thinking about it, all he could see was Luke lying against the wall, riddled with bullet holes, staring blindly at him.

B.L. snaps her fingers,accelerating the car a little faster

"That explains Rosco's babbling today when he brought Flash in for her checkup. He said somethin about some expensive rare guns or something coming into Hazzard for an exhibit. I think your right but why would Bo be worried about Boss scheming to collect ill gotten insurance money? It just doesn't make sense for him to be so worried about it but it's the only thing that would explain it."

Luke mouths to Uncle Jesse to rest for a while he'll take care of Bo, this only gets him a look that clearly says not on your life as Jesse remains next to the bed. Still holding Bo in his arms tightly feeling the trembling that is shaking his weak frame. Luke prepares for a long wait intending to hold Bo the whole night if that's what he wants.

"It's ok Bo just rest if ya can I'll be right here with ya."

Daisy nodded, it didnt make any sense to her either, but it was something they could work out with Luke when they got there, and she told B.L as much. If anyone could work out a connection, it would be Luke.

At Luke's words, Bo shook his head violently, all of a sudden clutching his head as he had to close his eyes again. But as soon as he closed his eyes he saw the images again....and again....and again....each time one more of his family members being added to the death toll....

He wanted to scream, he wanted to cry, he wanted desperatly to tell Luke what was wrong and what was going on but he couldn't, he just couldn't. He clutched his head tightly, hiding his face away from everyone, curling into himself.

B.L. nods agreement with Daisy,concentrating on the road ahead as the miles go by and they get closer to the hospital which seems to be taking longer than normal.

Luke began to really wonder what really is going on as Bo drew within himself but knowing until the girls got there most likely the next day he wouldn't know anything so had to be content with just holding Bo for now; rocking slowly back and forth having sat on the bed leaning Bo against his chest holding him tight. Asking himself quietly qne vowing

"Dear Lord Bo who's scared the hell out of you this bad? Whoever it is will answer to me if I get my hands on them."

Suddenly, Bo jerked up, almost catching Luke's chin with his head as he did so. The look on his face as he turned to face Luke was something that no one should ever have to see on a loved one. It was one of complete and utter terror, mingled in with a heart breaking desperation for Luke to understand.

He slowly shook his head at Luke, all the time looking directly at him, desperatly trying to get him to take what he had just said back. He couldn't even bare to think about Luke even thinking about going after the two men he had met, he just couldn't. He needed Luke to take that back, he needed him to.

Luke nearly jumps out of his skin when Bo jerks up in his arms,turning the terror filled eyes on him. Luke silently wished Bo could talk whatever he knows is going to kill him if he doesn't tell somebody and Luke is afraid it will be soon and there isn't a dang thing he can do about it. Pulling Bo back against his chest, Luke tightens his hold on Bo giving what comfort he can.

"Bo I don't know what's put that look of terror in your eyes buddy but I promise whatever it is you'll be ok noone is going to hurt you. I'm not leaving your side"

As Luke is trying to comfort Bo a red dodge demon is pulling into the parking lot with two girls with emotions warring between worry,excitement and confusion at the news they have. Again sliding out of the window B.L. waits for Daisy to emerge from the passenger side grabbing her wrist as they practically run to the hospital building foregoing the wait for the elevator and taking the stairs,walking as quickly as possible down the hall without actually running.

Daisy hurries down the hall with B.L, wishing there was some magic route up to Bo's room so they could get there quicker.

As Luke held him closer, the promises that Luke kept making just made him feel weaker and weaker. Gradually he just let his body grow limp, he let his body do whatever it wanted to . He didn't want to have to fight anymore, he didn't have the strength, not when he knew that Luke was going to try and get the men who had scared him....not when he knew Luke would pay the price for it. He didn't want to be around when it happened....

Luke felt Bo's body growing limp and it isn't just relaxing into sleep this time but Luke can sense that Bo's fading on him;giving up ,giving Bo's shoulder's a slight shake he tells Bo in his best Uncle Jesse tone.

"Bo don't you dare do this ya ain't gonna give up you ain't , ya wake up ya hear me?"

Just then B.L. and Daisy come skidding through the door causing Uncle Jesse who had begun to doze off jump startled

"What in tarnation?"

B.L. give Uncle Jesse an apologetic look, then noticing Bo's weakened state freezes not able to move or say another word just looking worriedly at Luke who's eyes clearly says he can't explain it,eyes silently asking the two young women if they have information that could snap Bo out of this.

"sorry Uncle Jesse"

Daisy's hand flew to her mouth as she saw Bo, curled up weak and scared in Luke's hold, his eyes drooping closed, his breathing slowing.

"Oh gods Bo you can't do this to us! Please Bo please! Luke, me and B.L found out some stuff! Boss Hogg is bringing in a truck load of fire arms and he hired two guys to rip it off so that he can get the insurance money for them! Its another one of his schemes Luke!"

Bo could heard Daisy saying his name and could feel Luke's embrace get tighter and tighter as he slipped further and further. He could hear his breathing slowing, he could feel his heartbeat growing weaker and weaker as his mind registered he was no longer putting up a fight.

B.L. wraps an arm around Daisy's waist she looks as if she might topple over any minute and if B.L. were honest with herself she needed the support of Daisy's body to stay on her own feet.

"Bo you can't give up Dukes don't give up!, yeah,Rosco came in for Flash's checkup and was saying something about a shipment of rare and expensive guns coming into Hazzard for an exhibit on Tuesday. Th....that's tomorrow, we gotta stop 'em"

Uncle Jesse taps Bo's face gently to keep him from totally slipping into oblivion,the tender tone replaced by the tone all of them know as trouble if you don't respond to it immediately.

"Beaureguard James Duke you listen ta me and you listen good. You's aint givin up like this now you get hold of yourself and tell us what ya know and don't try and ignore me or lie sayin ya don't know cos ya do otherwise ya wouldnt be lettin it eat at ya so."

Luke lets a couple tears slip down his face to splash onto Bo's cheek that is now turned toward him since Bo slipped more into a laying position. His spirit broken at the sight before him and the limp weight in his arms, Luke unable to control his emotions,due to lack of sleep cries as he pleads in a shaking voice.

"Damn, Bo ya can't leave me;don't do this to me BO I can't go on if ya give up. I shoulda known it was somethin ta do with Boss Hogg. God help him if you don't pull through."

Daisy held onto B.L as she wrapped an arm around her waist, needing the comfort that she could draw from it as the sight of both her cousins broke her heart.

Luke looked so helpless and vulnerable as he pleaded with Bo, soft tears falling down his cheeks and onto his younger cousins. Bo just lay there, his eyes drooping shut, looking like the very will to live had left him. Daisy just couldn't understand it, how could Bo just start giving up so eaisly? She gently pulled B.L over to Bo's bedside, gently unhooking the breathing mask again, handing it to Luke to see if he could keep Bo breathing.

Bo's breathing was now weak and shallow, and he could only just open his eyes as his Uncle spoke to him firmly yet pleadingly. Did they really want to torture him so badly? He just wanted to leave so he could escape the dreams, escape the nightmare of keeping this thing locked up inside of him. He looked up weakly as water dripped onto his face, and he found Luke to be crying, his tears making tracks down his cheeks before landing and making tracks on Bo's.

Swallowing gently as he heard Luke's words that he knew to be true....but how could all this be to do with Boss Hogg? It wasn't Boss that had kidnapped him and threatened his family. He reahed up with all the remianing strength he had to wipe the tears gently from Luke's cheeks, before pressing his (bo's) fingers to his (Bo's) lips and gently giving him what was affectionatly known by everyone as a Bo Kiss. He gently and quickly ran the finger he had kissed down Luke's nose.

Luke takes the mask from Daisy in a trembling hand placing it over Bo's nose and mouth to get the much needed air into him, thinking grimly he'll be damned if he let's Bo take the easy way out and die in his (luke's) arms. As Bo gives him a Bo kiss Luke nearly looses what little grip he has on his sanity shaking his head no at Bo. Seeing the look in Bo's eyes Luke instantly knows Bo is saying goodbye. A heart wrenching sob escapes as Luke pleads again

"Don't Bo,please you can't give up just like that so don't you dare be telling me goodbye"

Uncle Jesse seeing the gesture grips Bo's other hand holding it tightly willing his own strength into Bo's weak body and praying to the good lord above not to take his baby not yet. In a gruff emotion laden voice Uncle Jesse adds his own plea

"Bo it ain't your time ya still got lots to live for,girls to chase. Ya might even make it back to the Nascar circuit professional."

B.L. keeping her arm around Daisy's waist chokes on her own strangled sob it's like watching her Daddy die when she was 16 all over again.

Daisy looked around at everyone, practically forgetting exactly where they were. With a gentle squeeze to Luke's shoulder and a last frightened look at Bo, she tore out of the room and down the hallway, looking around frantically. Finally she spotted what she had been looking for. She darted forward and collard the doctor that had been treating Bo.

"Doc! Oh Doc you gotta come real quick! Please Doc, he's dyin' my cousin's dyin' and there's nothin' we can do! Please you gotta come quick or we're gonna lose him!"

Bo gently shook his head, although it was barley even recognisable as a head shake, it looked more like Bo snuggling more into Luke's strong chest. He held on tighter to Jesse's hand as a sudden wave of pain hit him. His face screwed up tight and he arched out of Luke's hold, one hand gripping Jesse's hand, the other holding tightly onto Luke's shirt. His breathes became more and more strained as he tried to fight the pain, and his whole body seemed to convulse with the combined effort of fighting it back and wanting to say a proper goodbye....

B.L. turns her head as Daisy runs from the room her own legs feeling like cement and too heavy to give chase right now as she stands there grieving for her friend as he slips further away.

The doctor turns to Daisy gripping her shoulders for a moment

"Just calm down Miss Duke, we'll do all we can for him"

then following Daisy back to Bo's room snagging a couple of nurses along the way the doctor quickly goes to the bed looking at Uncle Jesse and Luke

"I'm sorry you'll have to move away from the bed,it might be best if you all wait in the hall so we have more room to work."

Jesse and Luke move away from the bed their eyes never leaving Bo's form in the bed as a nurse ushers the four people from the room. Uncle Jesse wrapping Daisy and Luke in a tight hug as they stand in the hall praying for Bo not to give up. B.L. decides it best to leave the family to grieve alone for a bit so standing a respectable distance away she slides to the floor back braced against the wall as the old memories of her own father's death after the mine cave in resurfaces,drawing her knees to her chest she shutters at the horrifying pictures in her mind.

The doctor watches the blood pressure monitor steadily going lower as Bo gets weaker. Listening to Bo's heart the doctor then turns to one of the nurses taking the mechanism from her placing the mouth piece over Bo's mouth and nose then squeezing the bulb like bag to force air into the young man's lungs. Doing all they can to keep the young blonde alive the doctor wonders why he isn't fighting to stay alive it's obvious the family is very close and in 30 years of being a doctor he's never seen a patient give up so easily when they had a family that was fighting alongside them like this one has been.

Daisy slipped away from her Uncle's embrace and slid down the wall next to her friend. She couldn't believe it, she just couldn't believe that Bo was dying in the room behind her. She could hear frantic whisperings going on, although she couldn't make out what they were saying. She wrapped tight arms round B.L, remembering how hard this had been on her and feeling so sorry for her to have to see it being replayed in Bo's case.

Bo could hear the sound of several people moving around him, all talking in blurred whispers, everyone just shadows around him as his vision grew swimmier and swimmier, the edges being tainted with blackness. He could feel the air being forced into his lungs, and he weakly tried to grasp the air, but his body was now having none of it.

He was dying, he knew he was. He would be away from his family soon, he could rest knowing his family would be safe once the word got out that he was dead and his knowledge had gone to the grave with him....but as the darkness started to consume him more he frantically realized that with him out the way....there would be nothing to stop the two guys robbing Hazzard...and if Luke found out about the robbery he would be sure as hell to go after them....

B.L. pats Daisy on the arm reassuringly letting her friend know she's ok. whispering

"I'm ok just some bad memories I haven't thought about in a long time. Bo's going to be ok though it isn't going to turn out bad this time,we've got to believe that."

The doctors and nurses work steadily on Bo trying to keep him alive. They had been working with him for a full 20 minutes now and no improvement then suddenly his breathing got a little stronger but just barely nothing really significant to indicate he's pulling through. Putting his stethascope in his ears once again the doctor listens to Bo's chest hopeful by the somewhat stronger beat he hears there although like the young man's breathing it's still a long way from indicating anything truly positive.

Luke stood with Uncle Jesse a few more minutes after the girls had moved to sit against the wall but was now pacing the hall like a caged animal as Uncle Jesse leans against the wall head bowed praying for the sick young man behind the closed door that the doctor's and nurses are trying so hard to save.

Coule he leave Luke to face that? Was he really that much of a coward? But as he tried to make up his mind, the comforting, embracing blackness consumed him. He didnt have time to think about Luke, he didnt have time to think about his family as he chest puffed weakly out, and then fell back to its original position....and didnt rise again

As Bo ceases to move or breath the doctor barks out orders to the nurses

"Get a crash cart in here stat"

Rushing from the room a nurse hurries down the hall bringing back the crash cart and going back into the room closing the door behind her as Luke and Uncle Jesse step forward. The doctor takes the paddles putting them to Bo's now exposed chest shouting

"Clear"

as a volt of electricity causes Bo's body to jerk up from the bed. Listening to Bo's chest the docotor orders the machine turned up as another shock is sent through Bo's body to restart his heart. This process is repeated 3 more times before a faint beat is heard.

"He's with us but barely"

As Luke spots the crashcart his own heart stops beating briefly, Bo's gone this being the final straw Luke leans heavily on Uncle Jesse weeping and sobbing like a child. Begging Bo not to leave them. All Uncle Jesse can do is wrap strong arms around the distraught young man as tears stream down his own face. B.L. gives a violent shudder as the machine rolls by, taking Daisy's hand in her own.

Bo gasped as he was jolted sharply back from a dark void that he didnt even know he had been in, feeling the burning pain of the spot where the paddles had been. He still couldn't open his eyes though and all sounds were blurry. His body was still weak though, and it didnt seem up to putting up too much of a fight right now, so he just lay there, trying to get his head around what the hell he was planning on doing next.

Satisfied for the moment that Bo's heart has restarted the doctor and nurses watch the monitor that is now monitoring his heartbeat. Slowly the numbers on the monitor climb to a faster more normal heartrate. As of yet the nurses or doctor haven't thought about the distraught family out in the hall. Uncle Jesse has guided Luke over to stand closer to the Daisy and B.L. and is now standing with his other arm wrapped around Daisy murmuring soft words to both her and Luke. Luke though is too upset to even listen all he can think about is the fact that Bo had died,not knowing whether or not they were able to revive him. B.L. not knowing anything else to do stands before Uncle Jesse one hand holding onto Luke's hand while the other grasps Daisy's as her own tears slip down her soft cheeks shoulders shaking with the silent sobs she refuses to allow to escape. The painful memories of the loss of her own father still assaulting her but looking at the three people now in that position she tenderly recalls how each of them and the one in the room behind the door helped her cope. Silently vowing to help Luke hunt down and get the people who did this to Bo,despite not pulling a trigger or stabbing him it is their fault he died just as if they had murdered him in cold blood. Some of that anger is directed at Boss Hogg he's went too far this time.