RIP Toby Keith

HossC

My heart is totally shattered at the loss of Toby Keith. He was one of my favorite singers and have loved his music from the start. I was heartbroken when I heard his diagnosis, but I assumed he was too tough and stubborn to not beat it. He was always so positive when talking about his health too. God earned an cowboy angel for sure and he will be missed dearly. God bless his soul. 

2 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

I forgot about that Hazzard connection. Thanks Hoss. I'm sorry for your loss Garrett. You must be going through what I went through when Charlie Daniels died. 

Thank you. I feel like I am. I keep thinking about him and still find it hard to believe that he is gone. Though I am relieved that he isn't fighting it any more and is no longer in pain. But still so hard...

23 hours ago, Garrett Duke said:

Thank you. I feel like I am. I keep thinking about him and still find it hard to believe that he is gone. Though I am relieved that he isn't fighting it any more and is no longer in pain. But still so hard...

Both of the deaths in my family recently happened pretty quick but going through it over a long period of time is a whole different experience. Both are so sad. Hang in there Garrett. 

On 2/6/2024 at 3:49 PM, HossC said:

Country singer Toby Keith has passed away at the age of 62. He had been diagnosed with stomach cancer back in 2022.

For Dukes fans, he was also appeared as himself in the 2000 TV movie "The Dukes of Hazzard: Hazzard in Hollywood".

TobyKeithHiH.jpg

That's where I know him from, never heard of him before that movie, but liked his music instantly. I even bought a CD from him after seeing the movie.

Anyway, way to young to go. Rest in peace Toby..

22 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

Both of the deaths in my family recently happened pretty quick but going through it over a long period of time is a whole different experience. Both are so sad. Hang in there Garrett. 

Thank you Roger. He will always have a special place in my heart as will Denver and Waylon. I am sorry for your losses. You have some big losses close together. That's extremely hard and have been thinking of you. *HUGS*

4 minutes ago, Garrett Duke said:

Thank you Roger. He will always have a special place in my heart as will Denver and Waylon. I am sorry for your losses. You have some big losses close together. That's extremely hard and have been thinking of you. *HUGS*

We're all thinking of you and we're all  here for you!! 

23 hours ago, Hobie Hartkins said:

We're all thinking of you and we're all  here for you!! 

Thank you. I appreciate that. You all are the best. I had a hard day at work today and on my break they were playing a Toby Keith song and it almost made me cry. It just hits hard now that he's passed. But he's not suffering any more. He had an interview a few days or a week before he passed away saying that he was in a good spot with the Lord and it got iffy back a bit and that he was good  with whatever happened. If he died or lived. It made me feel good hearing that (heard it before he passed away) but also does bring comfort knowing that he was OK with whatever happened and that he had a good relationship with the Lord like that.