The Legacy

I watched Season 3’s “The Legacy” again tonight. I’ve always enjoyed this episode…from when I watched it as a child, when it originally aired…to all the times since.

I even enjoy Lucinda’s big ol’ red 1965 Chrysler Imperial Crown convertible—after Cooter fixed her brakes! :cornfused: But, I really enjoyed actress Jan Clayton’s portrayal of Uncle Jesse’s (and Boss Hogg’s) old flame…Lucinda Meadows.

She was was right in-there with the old ridge-runners, and held her own…even after knowing her late husband had been a terrible moonshiner, lol! :spittake::lol:

I actually wish they’d of brought her character back a few more times over the years…and then actually have her & Uncle Jesse finally decide to get hitched  at the end of the show. But…that’s just me. :wink: 

Edited by MonacoMan

There is no way Emma Tisdale would have sat back and done nothing if Lucinda would have tried to get Jesse to marry her. Emma would have fought for her man. LOL 

This episode contains my all time favorite quote in all 7 years of Dukes and it is by Lucinda. "Well, I put myself in the hands of the Lord and He put me in the hands of the Dukes and I guess maybe you couldn't get a better combination than that."

5 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

There is no way Emma Tisdale would have sat back and done nothing if Lucinda would have tried to get Jesse to marry her. Emma would have fought for her man. LOL 

This episode contains my all time favorite quote in all 7 years of Dukes and it is by Lucinda. "Well, I put myself in the hands of the Lord and He put me in the hands of the Dukes and I guess maybe you couldn't get a better combination than that."

You’re kind of freaking me out, but in a good way, lol! :lol: I literally was thinking that the other night when I was watching again…that Lucinda’s quote just about summed it all up! :yeahthat: I literally yelled out “Amen, Lucinda!” when she said it (although I’ve watched this episode many times before)—fully agree, definitely the best quote in the entire series! :tup:

But, although I loved the character of Miss Emma “Emmer” Tisdale…she never stood a chance with Uncle Jesse. He cared about her as a fellow born-n-bred Hazzard-ite & as a friend…but he wasn’t in love with her (even though she was with him).

But, I could totally see Jesse ending up with Lucinda at some point. He did love her, and you could definitely tell there was something between them. :wub:

11 minutes ago, RogerDuke said:

I agree. I wish she would have come back for more episodes. I wished that about a lot of people. I'm glad Cale came back but sure would have loved to see Loretta again. 

Definitely…another Loretta episode would have been awesome! An episode focusing on the Oak Ridge Boys (besides their cameo singing) would have been cool, too! A Dolly Parton based episode would have been hilarious & awesome, too in my opinion. But, that’s just me. :)