Do you think Season Five will be released?

malchus

I know the current seasons are selling good and 3 and 4 will do the same. I have to wonder though what will happen with Coy and Vance come to town. Will the DVD sales tank and then we'll lose releases on the final 2 seasons? Or will they not release the Coy and Vance Episodes?

I'd like to have the Coy and Vance episodes. I know I'm in the minority. I definitely want to own all the seasons.

I'm taking a Magic 8-Ball guess here. I figure they might package season 5 & 6 together. Then, they can easily roll out Season 7 as a stand-alone... and then they'll package the Whole Darn Thing in a Super Collector's Set so we'll end up buying them all over again. Heck, if they threw in a toy General Lee or somethin', we probably would.

Brian

Personally, I think that they should stick in a reel of cartoons and maybe old ET clips (Or whatever talk show was on) which show the Dukes. They should shoot anything they have at season five LOL.

Even screen tests of other people who were trying to be Bo and Luke

True Duke fans will definitely buy all seven seasons, including myself. It would be stupid if they didn't release seasons 5-7. I'm looking forward to seeing the last seasons on DVD.

Where did someone get a crazy idea about packaging season 5 & 6 together. They would only do that if the combined seasons had less than 10 episodes. There's no way this will happen. I still plan to get season 5 because my set just wouldn't be complete.

I don't think the idea is so crazy - in fact I think WB would be smart to do it that way. Sure, a lot of Dukes fans will buy Season 5 to complete the set, but there are going to be a number of people, probably a whole lot, who will not buy it because it will have mostly Coy and Vance episodes. If they packaged 5 & 6 together, then more people would be likely to buy it and simply skip any episodes they don't want to watch. I think it would be a smart way to get season 5 into people's hands without getting into the "I hate Coy and Vance" debate. And it would be especially smart if they gave a discount on the two seasons together.

LS3

I don't think Coy and Vance will hurt the sales much at all. Odds are that the people who buy seasons 1 through 4 of a series will buy the rest of it. That set may be less expensive, but I think it will sell well. Any casual Dukes fan who has decided to buy the series on DVD will probably buy it just so their collection doesn't have a gap.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be purchasing Season 5 happily. I doubt Seasons 5 and 6 will be combined, as the price would be too hefty. But if they do combine the seasons, that would be great, too---that means we will get Season 6 even faster!

My question is: what will the cover art look like for Season 5? Coy and Vance on the cover?

By the way...I hope Coy and Vance are involved in bonus features for Season 5.

I believe that Warner Brothers will release the seasons to completion. I intend to get all of them with or without Coy and Vance. I just will skip right to "The Return of Bo and Luke". Not even watching the Coy and Vance episodes, because like I said before, I can't stand any Dukes episodes without Tom.

I want all the seasons too. I will just skip over the Coy and Vance episodes and just watch the ones of that season that have Bo and Luke in them.
look i met coy and hes very nice person

Welcome to the boards Passions5981.

I don't think anyone means that they "Hate" the actors who played Coy and Vance as people, I think that when people say they don't like the Coy and Vance era they just mean the episodes with them in it.

There are a lot of reasons why people don't want to see the episodes with Coy and Vance, but a lot of people also realize that if they hadn't been tried in the show, the show probably would have been cancelled, then we would have lost the Dukes 3 seasons earlier than we did.

I'm sure as people the actors that played these characters are very nice.

LS3

• 2 months later...

They'll release season 5. There's money to be made, even if most of the episodes are Coy and Vance episodes die-hard Dukes fans will still buy it anyway. Die-hard fans are usually the people that buy TV shows on DVD. If someone's a casual fan they'll just watch it on TV. I don't know what everyone has against Coy and Vance anyway, I thought they were okay, not the best actors, but they were okay. They're part of Dukes' history either way you slice the cake.

• 4 weeks later...

Yup. December 13th. I'm still getting it- It's dukes of hazzard!! I almost felt bad for Coy and Vance. I mean they could never re-fill our beloved boys boots. But I don't think they did a HORRIBLE job of acting. I mean I admitt I didn't watch a few that they were in when they showed them on CMT but it's not that I hated them...they just weren't Bo and Luke. So of course I"m gettin the 5th season!! tehe.