Posts posted by HossC
-
-
-
When you posted the mirror pictures the other day, I went looking for more pictures of Cathy. One of the first to show up was a cover of LosAngeles magazine. A search for a larger version led me back to Ebay.

Ebay
On the next page I found another picture from the same photoshoot (NB. I've cropped this one a little at the top and left, but no more of the lady on the right was visible). It's attributed to Harry Langdon:

Ebay/Harry Langdon
There seem to be quite a few pictures of Cathy from studio shoots on Ebay at the moment, most attributed to Harry Langdon (remember the stripey leotard and white tree from a few pages back?). Here's another example below. I'll dig some more out if anyone's interested. Harry's other subjects include Cheryl Ladd, Sally Field, Diana Ross and Dolly Parton amongst many, many others.

Ebay/Harry Langdon
A few pages ago I posted pictures of Lurene Tuttle and her daughter. Well, here's a picture of Cathy and her mother, Norma. I also found a picture of Cathy with her mother and grandmother which I can post if anyone wants to see it (it has intrusive watermarks across it).

Ebay
-
Good news! I think I've finally cracked my Flash Player problem by applying a fix that I'd swear didn't work the first time I tried it. To lighten the mood, here's a related joke I saw earlier:
My computer crashed and now all the other computers have slowed down so they can see what's happening.

If you want something a little more satirical, how about this one?:
My computer takes so long to respond these days that it's only good for the United Nations now.

-
How could you two miss out on the highlight of the race.....seeing a guy who's name appeared on two episode titles! You should be ashamed!
I tend to switch off when the commercials are on. Occasionally I'm two minutes late coming back to the race and find I'm just in time for the next commercial break!
Roger, you didn't give me much to go on when I tried to track down the promo you mentioned. I haven't found it yet, but I did find the following video:
Apparently, back in the '80s, various drivers recorded a double album containing 22 songs under the title 'Stock Car Racing's Entertainers of the Year'. You can read more about it on this Jalopnik article (which has a few more videos), and see the full track listing here. Maybe y'all have this album, but it was new to me.
-
The man wearing the Sheriffs jacket and hat is the late stuntman Al Wyatt Junior, who doubled for John for the early seasons and was the stuntman that a) drove the General Lee the most and
had the only 440 R/T General on the show. He played Junior in Duke vs Duke in season 3, and seemed to always be trying to deliver cakes in various other episodes. Hoss if I remember right from the day with Tom Sarmento you've got a few pictures of Al delivering cakes?I didn't recognize Al in the picture. There's a screengrab of him driving the general earlier in this thread. As for Al delivering cakes ...

I'm sure I'd know Paul Baxley, but my memory's not so good with Gary - well spotted CD.
-

Wasn't this during the episode 'Robot P. Coltrane'?
It's from 'The Law and Jesse Duke' in season 4. Rosco and Cletus (and Flash) go on strike for more money (and bones). Boss then invites some thieves to rob a store in Hazzard, frames Bo and Luke for the robbery, and deputizes Uncle Jesse to catch them.
The banners include "HAZZARD POLICE ON STRIKE"/"MORE DOUGH FOR THE LAW MORE LAW FOR YOUR DOUGH", "A STARVING DEPUTY FEEDS CRIME" and "SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL POLICE DOG ... NO BONES!".
-
-
-
-
-

Really smart wearing such a nice hat while fixing the engine.
I wonder why they painted out the R/T badge but left the Charger logo.
I spotted the following picture recently when I was researching a question for the trivia thread. The picture comes from the New Georgia Encyclopedia and shows filming in Covington. I have emailed them about their inaccurate caption (it mentions "the Duke brothers' muscle car"), but so far they haven't changed it.

Just for comparison, here's a black and white picture that Roth posted earlier in this thread. I think that's Uncle Jesse's original 1968 F100 Flareside parked outside the Newton County Courthouse. That might even be Uncle Jesse at its rear corner.

-
I only got to see the end of qualifying yesterday, and was too tired to post the starting line-up last night - sorry.
Denny Hamlin gets pole for the IRWIN Tools Night Race. Kyle Busch starts from the back after clipping the wall on his first lap, doing a U-turn to get a run-up at the second lap, and then clipping the wall harder (see the video here). Jimmie Johnson was another driver who had to do a U-turn, but he managed 17th. It's good to see Jeff Gordon back in his regular colors (I didn't take to last week's blue/white paint scheme), but he could only qualify 32nd.
1 Denny Hamlin
2 Kurt Busch
3 Carl Edwards
4 Brian Vickers
5 Matt Kenseth
6 Joey Logano
7 Kasey Kahne
8 Ryan Newman
9 Martin Truex Jr
10 Aric Almirola
11 Mark Martin
12 Brad Keselowski
13 Jimmie Johnson
14 Marcos Ambrose
15 Kevin Harvick
16 Juan Pablo Montoya
17 David Ragan
18 Ryan Truex
19 Dale Earnhardt Jr
20 Jamie McMurray
21 Paul Menard
22 Danica Patrick
23 Bobby Labonte
24 Clint Bowyer
25 David Gilliland
26 Michael McDowell
27 Ricky Stenhouse Jr
28 Josh Wise
29 Greg Biffle
30 Casey Mears
31 David Reutimann
32 Jeff Gordon
33 Landon Cassill
34 J.J. Yeley
35 Ken Schrader
36 Dave Blaney
37 Joe Nemechek
38 David Stremme
39 Travis Kvapil
40 Tony Raines
41 Jeff Burton
42 Scott Speed
43 Kyle Busch
Don't forget that it's a night race, tonight (Saturday) at 7:30 PM ET on ABC.
I know Garrett likes night races and Bristol Motor Speedway. I don't have a problem with night races other than they're really late here when you consider the time difference.
This weekend also sees F1 at one of my favorite tracks, Spa Francorchamps in Belgium. They've had wet and dry weather for the practice sessions, so there may well be some rain to spice up the qualifying and race action. The race itself starts at 8:00AM ET tomorrow.
-
-
-
So there's the pics of the house remains, only two chimneys standing as everyone here has seen... but the confusing part is the fact that the house had 3 chimneys... where did that 3rd one go? But, again I say the one structure is more log-cabin style, while this one in the diagram as we all know is more of a house-house.
There are 3 in total Duke-Farm houses used in the TV series correct? I've been reading here on the forums for some years though I don't visit as often as I should.
In case anyone isn't clear about the two chimneys you're talking about, here's an aerial shot from 2011 that shows what was left after demolition.

Here's the Georgia Duke Farm as it appeared in 'Daisy's Song' - it shows the kitchen part that Roth mentions. When Dukes was filmed, the "log-cabin" you describe had white cladding covering it.

This is the California Duke Farm when it was at Lake Sherwood. As far as I know, the same building was moved from ranch to ranch, so there was one in Georgia and one in California. This site is now part of the Sherwood Country Club.

If you click on the 'Valencia Oaks Movie Ranch' link that Roth posted above, you'll see that the farm (and Boar's Nest) appeared in several other TV shows/movies after Dukes finished.
-
This barn featured a few times on Dukes, including as the back of Cooter's Garage and part of the marijuana distribution compound in 'Mason Dixon's Girls'.

The barn (above) and these buildings are just behind Boss's house (see the roof peak above the man in the middle), and are at one end of the now demolished Western Street.

Want some racing around the square? It does happen, but it's with horses and buggies.

I really wanted to see what Cooter's looked like, but it's never shown. Even the courthouse only appears very briefly in the background - I think they were trying to portray a smaller town.

So there you have it: Confederate flags, Dixie, a general, and racing around the square, all in 1958.
-
The bank building on the left is seen here with a different entrance to the one we're used to (the main doorway gets a little more stonework by the time Dukes is filmed). The parade features several Confederate flags, and the band even plays 'Dixie'. They also play
(OK, OK, it's probably Yankee Doodle!).
Here's the road between the bank and the drug store. The building on the right was a barber shop for most of Dukes.

It seems odd seeing the square without its gazebo, but the central feature here is a cannon.

Here's a close-up of the cannon.

-
To the left of the church, the buildings at the end of the street haven't been built yet. I'm guessing that Mexican Street should be just over the white fence.

The hotel building looks a little fancier here. It has bay windows, a porch, and a pointed parapet complete with finials!

For everyone thinking that the square looks better with the General in it, here he is! The statue is General Whitby Sterling Love of the Confederate States Army, founder of Delphi (the town in the movie).

Believe it or not, the corner shop (left) is a drug store in the movie, just like it is Hazzard. The building in the middle of the block gets a covered section of sidewalk, just like in The Shootist. I'd swear that that's the same mail box that used to sit outside the Hazzard Post Office.

-
I sometimes come across information for this thread in the strangest of places. Today I was reading through some information about the history of Los Angeles when I saw a YouTube video called 'Hollywood by Helicopter'. The short 1958 film follows a young actress on an aerial tour of several movie studios with narration by Hogan's Heroes' star Bob Crane. You can watch it below:
I was hoping for a good aerial view of the Warner Bros' backlot (jump to 3:53 for the WB section), but I only got to see the sound stages before the helicopter landed and they went behind-the-scenes of the Lee Marvin movie The Missouri Traveler. The black and white footage is quite blurry, but I managed to recognize Midwest Street in the background of a fight scene.
A quick Google search told me that The Missouri Traveler is public domain, and the whole movie is available on archive.org. The color/picture quality isn't perfect, but it still gives us a good look at Hazzard Square about 20 years before the Dukes arrived! As well as Lee Marvin, the movie also features Paul Ford, probably better known as Bilko's colonel in 'The Phil Silvers Show'.
Here's some screengrabs that I've rearranged them into a tour of the square. I'll start with the title screen:
On the right is Boss Hogg's house. The church spire can be seen in the background:
Looking in the other direction, here are the two houses next to Boss's house:
On to the square itself, and we get to see the base of the church. Apart from some buildings being visible to the right of the church (the back of the Western Street set), so far it all looks very familiar.
-
-

Abraham Lincoln Hogg in front of a building. I think this is taken in Western Street but I can't seem to connect the dots on this one. Burlington Freight Office means its part of a train station I guess.
My guess would be the southern end of Laramie Street. I can't find a screengrab taken at the same angle, but the arched window details on the left look the same to me. The picture below is from 'Hazzard in Hollywood', ie. filmed nearly 20 years later.

-
-
-





The Official Dukes of Hazzard Trivia Thread
in Dukes of Hazzard Trivia
I have enough trouble remembering the birthdays of family and friends, but I'm going with Cooter as well.