Everything posted by General Grant
-
Fels like the site died
Okay Brian and MaryAnne! You two don't settle down, I'll be forced to get Sherriff Little over here! Khee! Anyway, Meadowmufn, when you get that book published, can I have a copy, that will make some good reading! Hey Roger, when does that video come out? Do you know if I could get it signed by the entire cast? Okay, now that I have some of my dry humor out, I am going to be serious... Thank you to all of the moderators and citizens, HazzardNet simply would not be as great as it is. I would like to thank you all for that. With out HazzardNet, I would think I was the only nut out there that believed the Dukes of Hazzard are real, and I'd think I was it... luckily I stumbled on this site and found that there are a lot of people out there who are just as passionate (and more so) about the Dukes. Thank you to MaryAnne, Brian and Meadowmufn for making the site great (even if Brian does sleep alot on the job, I hear!) And, the citizens, too, deserve a round of applause for only continuing to improve the site. I think y'all should get awards, or something. Anyway, sorry to stray everyone off topic, but I figured that since all three moderators and some of my fellow Hazzardite citizens were included in this thread, there wouldn't be a better place to type it. So, THANK YOU again, very much! I'll catch y'all around Hazzard! General Grant
-
Let it Snow...
Oh, I hope y'all get some nicer weather! I know that it can really be upsetting when it snows non-stop for days and it is really UNBEARIBLY cold! Brrrrr...! Oh, you weren't whining or rambling, Garrett Duke, I think I was doing more of it than anyone else on the thread! Well, I do have a good bit of news... while you are going into the cold spell, I am coming out of it! Okay, maybe that wasn't good news for you... sorry! You all sound like you are getting some good amounts of snow. Don't worry, it will get nice and warm pretty soon. Maybe this is just the last winter storm of the season. (hey, we can hope!!) Just think, it is one less storm you will have to deal with this year, and one more day closer to that warm spring weather! Don't worry, you won't freeze into an ice cube, I am sure. I know that spring is coming because yesterday I recieved some garden seeds in the mail. If that don't signal spring, I don't know what does! Hang in there, y'all! General Grant
-
Dr. Jekyll And Mr. Duke
Julie... you ask nicely and say please, I'll give them here keys back! And the only thing you did to me was not get me down out of that tree. And take that danged picture! Hey, I'll trade the keys for the picture! Hey Lori you wait up, now ya hear?! After Julie gets these keys back, I think I had better get esscorted. Last thing I need is to get Julie cross!
-
Weekly Communtiy Chat
Hey Y'all! North_of_Border1... I figured you were joking, but I thought I'd better make sure. Oh, I know what you mean, I have dial-up, so it takes a little while to load, and I am ALWAYS getting kicked off! I just hate when that happens! Everyone must laugh at me because they can never tell if I am coming or going. Poor Emy-Rae! I hope that you can figure it out, I want you to get in on the fun, too! Hey xxgeneral_lee01xx... I feel bad that no one was there to chat with last night. I am pretty sure that Sunday would be your best shot to chat, unless you see if someone else is online and you sneak in a chat. Usually people will come! Hope to catch y'all next week! General Grant
-
Let it Snow...
Hey Y'all! I agree, Garrett Duke, Nothing below 0! Right now, where I am we are coming out of a two day frigid cycle. So, it is 0 right now, and it is like a heat wave out there! I tell you waking up to -16 makes it hard to go out to the barn and do the chores... I don't know how the animals do it outside during that!?! Oh, yes, sledding is fun, and you can only do in the winter. Now, don't y'all try this at home, but in the winter I hook my horse up to the sled and if it is the Paint/Quarter horse, one rides on the horse, the other gets pulled in the sled, otherwise I hook the sled up to the miniature and just use the carting cues with him and go by myself. Fortunatley they took to it pretty good the first time I tried it! My neighbors must wonder. Say, if it keeps warming up here, I might have to take the miniature out for a spin! I am still excited for spring though. The only thing I don't like about the warm weather (besides extreme heat) is snakes. I am scared to death of even a little garder snake, and that is about the only reason I hate warmer weather... I hate snakes... can't stand them... Anyway, as soon as it warms to at least double digits above zero, I enjoy winter... okay, y'all Stay warm! And go pop in an episode of the Dukes!
-
Dr. Jekyll And Mr. Duke
Lori, I would't do it if I was you! Ol' Frankie's got more horse power than that there car! And I do have that rope, I'm thinkin' about using it on you, Julie, since you are so willing to jump in and make it miserable for me!! (Starts walking up to Julie with rope in hand, but grabs the car keys instead) (smirks) There, now I don't think that you'll be driving that ol' car fer awhile. Might want to consider moving it out of the way, 'cause I'm on my way to get Rosco to fine you for illegal parking! Khee! Khee!
-
Weekly Communtiy Chat
Hey Y'all! I apologize North_of_Border1! I didn't even see you! I checked in late at about 7:15 CST (I think) and saw that 1 person was chatting, but when I went to the chat room, no one was there! I could only stay on a couple of minutes anyway, so I didn't stick around. I am so so sorry. I'm just plain embarrassed 'bout that! It sounds like you did a lot better than I do on the chats! Good Job!!! It really is hard to get your comments in on time. I think I must come in 5 to 10 subjects too late.... Sorry everyone! Did anyone show up to chat? I hope someone had fun Sunday chatting with fellow Hazzardites... I am sorry to hear that Emy-Rae Duke. Did you try to chat in the forum web page, or the pop-up? For me the pop-up used to work, but it doesn't anymore. When the chat room pops up, do you click the gray screen? That is what I have to do to get in. Anyway, maybe next week. I hope that I catch up with y'all next time. General Grant
-
Knight Rider returns back to tv on Febr 17, 2008
Hey Y'all! It looks like we have a good amount of opinions from both sides. That is a great thing!! Well, here goes my opinion, now that I have managed to calm myself down about the whole prospect, and I don't yell at the TV everytime I see a comercial for Knight Rider! I think that the series was great. But, like all things, it came to an end. They should have just let us fans with the happy memories from the series. As I did state earlier in the thread, I am still extremely upset about the whole thing (although I have managed to calm down) and I think the show will stink. I am also disappointed in the choices of some of the producers. I mean, a Ford, come on! I have nothing against fords, I like them, but you do not make KITT a ford and expect all of the fans to like it! That'd be like trading the original General Lee for a Ford Tauras! It's just downright mind-boggling! I simply don't understand it... With that said, I agree with Brian that the new Chargers really do no justice! The original Charger was a sleek looking car, these are just big, boxy, wide, and ugly! Yuck! And double Yuck! about what they did to KITT! They defaced him! I will give the show a chance, and watch it, but I still say I won't like it! Anyway, y'all, thanks for listening, and for giving your opinions. I always apreciate reading your opinions. So, I'll catch y'all later! General Grant
-
Dr. Jekyll And Mr. Duke
Are you kiddin' me?! I don't need no saddle to ride! Don't need a bridle, either!! So take that! I don't know what you are seeing, but I think you've been in the hot sun too long. (hands you a drink of water) Better take a swig of this!
-
Weekly Communtiy Chat
Hey xxgeneral_lee01xx! Why do you say that? I hope someone will be here tonight! Just in case, I'll try to get here...
-
Dr. Jekyll And Mr. Duke
A'int your mother ever told you not to play with knives? That is how you get hurt! (runs after Lori on Frankie, and tells Adrian to jump on Lori, Adrian gladly complies with that request and Lori falls off her horse) I guess you will be doing some walking afterall! Khee!
-
Weekly Communtiy Chat
Hey North_of_Border1! I hope to see you tonight chatting! Don't worry, I am sure that you will do much better than I will! I am horrible at chatting, but I have a blast doing it. I feel sorry for everyone on the receiving end of it. I am always inseting my comments late! Anyway, I am sure you and I will know what the other is saying! General Grant I'll catch y'all tonight!
-
Dr. Jekyll And Mr. Duke
Valuable or not, you will get this knife back at the end of the year. That's providing you behave yourself! So there! (Hops on Franklin (my horse) grabs Adrian (my cat)) You are lucky I was out of that rope before Adrian showed up! Or he'd have been forced to yell at you!! Good luck walking back to town. I'd say it's near 10 miles! Khee! Khee! WOuld you like me to have Rosco come pick you up and escort you back to town? Oh, and Julie, when did I say you couldn't race because you was a girl? I didn't say that...
-
Let it Snow...
Oh yes! the snow is nice, it is the VERY cold weather and high wind I don't like. But, I do like anything above 0 F. As long as it isn't above 70 F!
-
Dr. Jekyll And Mr. Duke
Cute Julie, very cute. Well Lori, you ain't met my cat, then if you aint scared! (Karate chops the tree!) Ouch! that hurt! Ah, here's a good place to start! (picks up Lori's knife that Bo dropped and cuts the rope) Alright Lori, here I come!
-
Dr. Jekyll And Mr. Duke
Just remember who won the Civil War, Lori and Julie! You two make quite the little team... so you thought! UNCLE JESSE, ROGER, SOMEONE... HELP! Okay Lori, you asked for it, you either let me down right now, or when I do get down, you'd better run as fast as your little legs will carry you, cause when I get down, I am gonna get you! And Julie, don't just stand there laughin, HELP! And I don't mean to help Lori! Ugh! Don't worry, I'll think of a way out, I just have to have some time to think of a way... I can't believe Bo left me here with Lori. There's someone you wouldn't want to come across in the woods while hunting, that's for dang sure! But for now, (calls her horse) FRANKLIN, HELP!! When Frank comes Lori, you'd better look out... He'll bring my cat Adrian along and then you'll be sorry!
-
Dr. Jekyll And Mr. Duke
Well, just as long as you didn't hit the General Lee, it must be alright. Oh, I'm hurt, wounded! But then, Bo is too far gone to realize. And I am stuck with Lori! Someone help! Now Lori, I'll strike a deal with you... you be nice to me, I'll be nice to you. You can either agree, or I'll have to tie you up again! Yeah, Bo, you shouldn't just leave, you get back here! No reason you should get to escape and I should get stuck with Lori. A mad Lori at that! HELP! I don't want to be here when Lori realizes I am still here. Maybe I'll just hide behind this tree...and hope she don't notice!
-
Dr. Jekyll And Mr. Duke
Lori, you get back over here! If I have to come get you, ya aint gonna like what I'm going to do. I'll... I'll... I'll go get the chain, and come tie ya up, so that knife of yours won't help you none! I told y'all Lori wouldn't go huntin' fer awhile! She ran away like a little ol' squealin' pig on roasting day! Khee!
-
Happy Birthday to Catherine!!
Happy Birthday Catherine! Happy Birthday Daisy! Happy Birthday Dixie_Nachelle01! Good job Bo for startin' the thread! I think that about covers it... Anyway, I hope that you have a wonderful birthday, Dixie_Nachelle01! Hopefully it will be fun, and you can watch an extra episode of the Dukes! General Grant
-
Dr. Jekyll And Mr. Duke
Thank you, Bo. I will certainly tie away! Maybe Lori'll get a lesson from this. Now hold still, this is for yer own good! And quit kickin' and screamin' like a baby, that aint gonna help you none! Me and Bo are two people you aren't getting away from. Here Bo, you better put these ear plugs in, I hear that Lori has quite the set of lungs on her! Lori, I don't think you'll be doin' any huntin' fer a while, so I am safe!! Don't go makin' such empty threats! Khee! Khee! Khee! Ha! Ha! He! He!...
-
Duke or Dupe
I agree: -Coffin Works -Polk County -Stump Hollow oh, boy, I hope I got this right!
-
Let it Snow...
Hey Y'all! I agree Roger, we do need the moisture (although a few of you may feel differently!) but, it is always nice to see spring. Don't worry Garrett Duke, haying season will be here before you know it! Then we'll be wishin' for snow! Funny how that works, aint it?! I like snow, it is fun attacking the family with snowballs when they least expect it... DaisyMae, you better hug Velvet Ears tight, and start drinkin' some cocoa. Of course, if you were to take a couple sips of Jesse's finest, I am sure that would warm you up! (No, I am just kidding. If you did that, you'd actually get colder, so don't think it Daisy!!) Lukas_KD that was really interesting about the cars. I was so caught up in the weather reports from around Hazzard, I had forgotten about that! Thanks! When we drive in snow, though, it isn't on the road! Got the JEEP stuck a couple weeks ago because someone (and it wasn't me) had the idea to drive in the back '40 with it... I am sure you know where it is heading. Oh, yes, Val, I know what you mean about the wind. With that cold spell I was talking about we got a LOT of wind. I was afraid the barn was going to blow down. General Grant
-
Waylon Tribute
Hey Y'all! Great thoughts! I like what you said, Roger, about it can't be much different than Hazzard Net, (except he don't have to worry about the computer kickin' him off!) I think we owe Waylon a huge thank-you. He is an overlooked member of the cast (mainly because we only see him once in the entire run of the show) and without him, the Dukes simply wouldn't be. Thank you, Waylon! You truly put your heart and soul, not to mention your voice!, into the Dukes of Hazzard and made it what it is today. I know we don't give you credit where credit is due all too often, but I would like to take the time now to say a Huge Thank you. You are a good ol' Boy just like the rest of the cast, you are just running things behind the scenes. We won't ever forget you! We'll miss you... And if I were running the show, you'd have gotten a couple awards! I am sure that the whole gang here would give you awards, too!
-
Dr. Jekyll And Mr. Duke
Hey Y'all! Poor Lori, my foot! She can hold her own. And... the only reason you get picked on is because you deserve it!! And need it now and again. Ha Ha! Hey Bo, hand me that rope, I'm going to tie Lori up, and make her stay with Rosco and Boss, then maybe she'll think twice before she trys that stunt again. Thank you Laura, I like to think we are funny! And I agree about Roger bein' funny about Jesse Ninja!
-
Let it Snow...
Hey Y'all! It sounds like one extreme to the other! Up in Wisconsin, there is snow on the ground, but it is more the temperature that is hard! About a week ago it went from 40 F to -19F with a wind chill of -60! Brrr. That all happened in less than 12 hours! Brrr... But, this year it seems like it will snow, warm up, rain, freeze, snow... it is just a vicious cycle! Well, y'all bundle up, cuddle with your "Velvet Ears" sip some hot cocoa, and put in yet another show of the Dukes of Hazzard! I know what y'all mean about havin' fun watching your animals in the snow. I have barn cats, and they are funny to watch in the snow, esspecially when it is as tall as they are. The smart cats don't go outside, but the entusiastic ones play in it! Anyway, I hope that you get some snow, Dixie_Nachelle01! It is nice to see the snow, but spring is always a joy. Don't worry, Garrett Duke, I am sure the snow will all melt soon. General Grant