Cancel Culture is coming for the Dukes...

The day is coming where owning a Dukes DVD will be a criminal offense. I know that sounds crazy but think about it. This is a trend we're seeing. Something in motion stays in motion unless acted on by another force. There is no force powerful enough to stop this trend. This political correct insanity cannot be put back in the bottle. America has spoken. The voters  decided to vote liberals in and they now control everything. This will not end well for people like us. 

11 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

The day is coming where owning a Dukes DVD will be a criminal offense. I know that sounds crazy but think about it. This is a trend we're seeing. Something in motion stays in motion unless acted on by another force. There is no force powerful enough to stop this trend. This political correct insanity cannot be put back in the bottle. America has spoken. The voters  decided to vote liberals in and they now control everything. This will not end well for people like us. 

Well said!

This cultural change has been coming at a pretty rapid rate. I don't know what the future holds. All cultures evolve. Nothing stays the same in any culture but this one is especially troubling to me. Maybe it's always been this way. Maybe I'm just entering a stage of my life where I start to become a grumpy old man. Either that or cancel culture is run by a bunch of crazies. 

HMM,  THAT SOUNDS MORE LIKE IT. 

10 hours ago, Hobie Hartkins said:

Either that or cancel culture is run by a bunch of crazies.

My money is on this one

Mine too. 

While waiting in line at the bank Saturday morning this topic came up though the people behind us were talking about the Looney Tunes and other cartoons that they grew up on and The Talk's Sharon Osbourne. One guy joked ''I'm not on Facebook so nobody can cancel me" and we all laughed at that :lol:.

• 2 months later...
On 3/24/2021 at 4:04 AM, Skipper Duke said:

Unfortunately IT already came way back when Dylan Roof went on that killing spree in that SC church in 2015. :(

Roof had a Rebel Flag, but he wasn't a Dukes' fan, right?

What other folks are saying is that people and even certain media outlets will target the Dukes of Hazzard until it gets banned like other products out there have. You've heard about the Dr. Seuss books, correct? Six of them have been deemed "racist" and apparently, even if someone tries to sell on eBay they'll be removed (I haven't checked though I wouldn't be surprised).

Those who want to cancel everything will eventually be canceled themselves. People around the world are losing freedom and free speech, yet they can't see it.

As you can tell from past posts, I at times feel all is gloom and doom.  There are also times that I feel like there is hope. Seeing John Schneider on ABC's The Doctors gave me hope. I still think this thing will end badly in the long run but for now, there are are still a few sane people left who have a voice  so we may win a few battles.