Jump to content

Merry Christmas 2020!


Recommended Posts

Anybody have any special Christmas plans? We're just staying home as usual. We have John Schneider's Poinsettias for Christmas recorded but haven't seen it yet this season. I  just missed Willow Creek. I caught it with 15 minutes left. I wish I would have noticed the guide channel before it was on so I could have recorded it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

No special plans for us. My wife just had her feet operated on and she doesn't feel like traveling to my mother's ( like we always have), so we'll probably just hang around the house! ( Watch Christmas shows on TV...??? Do they show them that late on the Day itself??) 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Nothing special here either. At the moment the shops are still open as normal, but the number of new Covid cases has jumped for the past couple of days. Everyone's being told to be sensible over the Christmas period and keep social interaction to a minimum. The UK upped their lockdown on Friday night and then again last night. They have a new strain that spreads more quickly, so they're back to essential shops only (tough for all the men who leave their Christmas shopping until Christmas Eve!). Several European countries, including Ireland, have put a 48 ban on flights to/from the UK, so it's a good job I wasn't going home for Christmas.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/20/2020 at 7:57 PM, HossC said:

Nothing special here either. At the moment the shops are still open as normal, but the number of new Covid cases has jumped for the past couple of days. Everyone's being told to be sensible over the Christmas period and keep social interaction to a minimum. The UK upped their lockdown on Friday night and then again last night. They have a new strain that spreads more quickly, so they're back to essential shops only (tough for all the men who leave their Christmas shopping until Christmas Eve!). Several European countries, including Ireland, have put a 48 ban on flights to/from the UK, so it's a good job I wasn't going home for Christmas.

Yup, Hoss got in one, same here in England. Basically Christamas is shaping up to be cancelled, but hopefully we can still make it a fun time, despite most of us being apart!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just me and hubby by ourselves this year. We can't go over to my sister's this year like we usually do. Our dog passed away last month, so it's been hard. We haven't been able to find another dog. Competition for rescue dogs is very fierce around here and every dog we've applied for is pretty much gone before they even get to our application. We're not really in the Christmas mood this year.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sorry to hear about your dog MM. Do whatever you can to put yourself in the Christmas mood even though it may not end up being your best Christmas ever. Hopefully you'll get another dog soon. 

We're going to get a white Christmas. Everything is green now but it's supposed to start snowing in 3 hours and not stop until we get 2 feet. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Snow mostly ended here, got about 1.5-2 inches most of it throughout the day. The sunset tonight was breathtaking, a nice red orange with clouds dotting the sky. 

Got a Xmas bonus from one of my mowing clients, that was a nice surprise, that's going straight to savings. Got a couple of tv series sets and a few shirts. Ham dinner came out great, stuffed myself into a food coma. Hope everyone else had a good Christmas.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I just got a late Christmas present, the book "Them Dukes! Them Dukes" written by Billie Rae Bates. This thing is 414 pages and at first glance looks fantastic. I'm so excited. I'll read every word of it. I was also told that I am getting something in the mail autographed by John Schneider but it didn't make it before Christmas. The  exciting anticipation will definitely delay my usual annual post-Christmas blues. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/25/2020 at 3:00 PM, RogerDuke said:

We made national news. Our area is the only place in the USA where it was snowing Christmas morning, even including the Rocky Mountains! We got a foot and have another foot on the way. 

oh no! WE got snow too! Granted, it was a dusting, but while you couldn't see any on the roads, it was on the grass!

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Hobie Harkins said:

I got in the mail, today a late Christmas present, a complete collection of the Dukes cartoons!  I've never seen them so I'm looking forward to watching them all!

That's great news Hobie. You are going to love them.......as long as you don't take them too seriousely.....they are cartoons after all. Some of them are pretty good but some of them are....how shall I say......easy to make fun of. Comment about them in my review thread if you want....or start your own. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, RogerDuke said:

Did you get any last winter? 

We always get some...we're right beside Bonaire mountain, so it's like a big umbrella and we stay cool and shaded and so in the winter, we get snow more than most but not as much as people on the Upper Cumberland. ( on the mountain)

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, RogerDuke said:

That's great news Hobie. You are going to love them.......as long as you don't take them too seriousely.....they are cartoons after all. Some of them are pretty good but some of them are....how shall I say......easy to make fun of. Comment about them in my review thread if you want....or start your own. 

I've only watched a few on the first DVD and .....I just can't get into them. I can't even pay attention to it! I couldn't even tell you what I saw or what they were about! I know there's a hat on Flash and I don't like that! So far, no Cooter! Hey are Bo and Luke in any of them?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/29/2020 at 7:30 PM, Hobie Harkins said:

I've only watched a few on the first DVD and .....I just can't get into them. I can't even pay attention to it! I couldn't even tell you what I saw or what they were about! I know there's a hat on Flash and I don't like that! So far, no Cooter! Hey are Bo and Luke in any of them?

You might want to flip through my episode reviews and learn a little more about each episode and maybe find one that you might like....if you are struggling to enjoy them that is. I liked them but they are not for everybody. The song at the beginning sure sticks with you though. Check the ep reviews to see when Bo and Luke start up. They are in less than half of them so you won't find them in the first 10. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I got my second late Christmas present. It is a John Schneider autograph written on the outside of the case that contains his movie "Christmas Cars". This is my first Bo autograph. He wrote. "Merry Christmas Cars Roger, John Schneider". Pretty cool. I'll probably watch the movie tonight and post here what it was like. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I just watched "Christmas Cars". Wow! I had no idea what it was about. It isn't very Christmasy but it is definitely a movie that keeps you guessing from scene to scene....and then it took a major turn half way through that really surprised me. I don't want to give too much away. Has anybody here seen it? It sure is a movie with a lot of energy......and there is a guy named Spike in it. I think my favorite scene was the one with Byron Cherry. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

I just watched "Christmas Cars". Wow! I had no idea what it was about. It isn't very Christmasy but it is definitely a movie that keeps you guessing from scene to scene....and then it took a major turn half way through that really surprised me. I don't want to give too much away. Has anybody here seen it? It sure is a movie with a lot of energy......and there is a guy named Spike in it. I think my favorite scene was the one with Byron Cherry. 

Looking at IMDb, Christmas Cars seems to divide opinion. There are three reviews there at the moment, two of which give it 10/10 while the other describes it as "an amateurish, cheesy and very cheap production devoid of any significance in acting and directing." I saw Byron Cherry's name on the cover, but he isn't listed on IMDb, so it's good to get confirmation that he's in the movie.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, HossC said:

Looking at IMDb, Christmas Cars seems to divide opinion. There are three reviews there at the moment, two of which give it 10/10 while the other describes it as "an amateurish, cheesy and very cheap production devoid of any significance in acting and directing." I saw Byron Cherry's name on the cover, but he isn't listed on IMDb, so it's good to get confirmation that he's in the movie.

I wonder if the same person who said it was bad is one of the critics who said in 1979 that the Dukes of Hazzard would never be popular. The Byron part was hilarious. He even mentioned Uncle Elbert and Aunt Bessie.....they're dead. Byron told John that he was driving a cop car because he stole it after the cops impounded his. I'm pretty sure his words were exactly the same as Cooter's in 1979. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.