The Andy Griffith Show(1960-1968)

Skipper Duke

• 6 months later...

Opie:"Pa guess who I just saw?" Andy:"Who?" Opie:"Big Jeff Pruitt." Andy:"Oh yeah. He came into town this mornin'." Opie:"Guess what I saw him doin'?" Andy:"What?" Opie:"Standin' on the corner, pickin' up girls." Andy:"What do you know about pickin' up girls?" Opie:"Gosh Pa, what's there to know? Whenever a girl walks by, he just picks her up, sets her back down, and says "Excuse me mam, just checkin' yer weight."

Aunt Bee:"Otis tell him the news!" Andy:"News? What news?" Aunt Bee:"Otis!"(snaps fingers)"Tell him!" Otis:"I ain't gonna drink no more. Aunt Bee put me on probation. If I make one false move, I gotta come back! Andy, let's go! I don't ever wanna see The Rock again!" Andy:"The Rock?" Aunt Bee:"That's what Otis calls my little jail here." Andy:"Aunt Bee, I believe you missed yer calling. You ought to have been a warden!"

1 minute ago, RogerDuke said:

We just watched two episodes today, the one where Floyd lied about being rich to his female pen pal who turned out to be a scammer anyways and the classic where the three women escaped from the state prison and got ahold of Barney.

Cousin Roger... Floyd The Gay Deceiver and Convicts at Large. Great episodes.

1 hour ago, Skipper Duke said:

Season 1(The Guitar Player)Jim Lindsey:"I'd rather be arrested by you folks than anybody I know."

James Best aka Roscoe P Coltrane.

On 3/23/2021 at 1:00 AM, RogerDuke said:

the classic where the three women escaped from the state prison and got ahold of Barney.

That's another hilarious one I try not to miss. Don Knott's was one of the funniest comedic actors in his era. 

On 3/23/2021 at 12:03 AM, Skipper Duke said:

Cousin Roger... Floyd The Gay Deceiver and Convicts at Large. Great episodes.

Convicts At Large is my fav.! ( " Maude, Al, if those hamburgers are burned, I won't be responsible."   He called Barney Al through the whole thing....they probably had to de-program him to call him Barney again...LOL!!