Skipper Duke

State Police Detective Rudolph Junkins:"Clean machine! They let you out early?" Arnie Cunningham:"Yeah that's right." State Police Detective Rudolph Junkins:"Arnold Cunningham?" Arnie Cunningham:"That's right." State Police Detective Rudolph Junkins:"I'm Rudolph Junkins. State Police. Detective." Arnie Cunningham:"Look, I'm just missing a study hall. I gotta get to work." State Police Detective Rudolph Junkins:"I don't care about that. I just wanna ask you some questions about your car."

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I can picture what The Dukes of Hazzard Balladeer Waylon Jennings would say if he was narrating Christine. In the scene when Moochie gets killed, he'd say "Well, folks. I think ol' Moochie messed up big time, just how bad, we're about to find out. Don't go away ya hear?" (Commercial break) Then Christine chases and kills Moochie when the movie returns from the break.

• 1 month later...

"Calling all Christine fans!

I have a fun confession: when watching John Carpenter's movie adaptation, I imagine Roland D. LeBay's ghostly corpse behind the wheel, orchestrating the terrifying kill scenes!

In Stephen King's book, Roland's spirit sometimes accompanies Christine even when she's driverless. I love blending this concept with the film's sinister events.

Who else has a unique twist on Christine's haunting tale? Share your thoughts!

#Christine #StephenKing #JohnCarpenter #HorrorClassics #CarOfDoom"

• 2 weeks later...

Chat from Facebook with my friend Morgan Rhea.

Morgan Rhea:"There’d be a lot of parts changed if I could write Christine."

Me:"Yeah like your Moochie never getting killed."

She has the biggest crush on Malcolm Danare (Peter Moochie Welch).

To me it doesn't need any changes. Stephen King(book) & John Carpenter (movie) are outstanding. It's perfect as is.

I've this friend Morgan Rhea on Facebook who is obsessed with Christine & Malcolm Danare (Peter Moochie Welch). It is so bad. Really bad. Her I mean. She thinks he ACTUALLY is Moochie. She can't distinguish that's a fictional person who does not exist. I mean for goodness sakes that's why the credits say Malcolm Danare as Moochie Welch. Because during the Christine filming, during the duration of the film, he was pretending to be someone else. That's why it's called acting and the credits. It does not say Moochie Welch as himself. But she seems to think it should say that. I mean that's what credits are for, they distinguish the reality apart from the fiction. Example Gilligan's Island says Starring Bob Denver etc. it does not say Starring Gilligan. The Dukes of Hazzard says Starring Tom Wopat etc. it does not say Starring Luke Duke. The Andy Griffith Show says Starring Andy Griffith with Ronnie Howard also Starring Don Knotts. It doesn't say Starring Andy Taylor, Opie Taylor, Barney Fife. Do y'all see what I'm saying about Morgan can't separate reality from fiction?

One of the YouTube channels I follow is Hoovies Garage. Most of his videos show him buying cheap cars and then showing how much it costs to get them fixed. His latest purchase is a 1959 Plymouth Fury. It was originally baby blue, but a previous owner has painted it red. He quickly acknowledges that it's a year later than the movie Christine, but that doesn't stop numerous references to the movie/book.

In the second video he takes the car to his mechanic, the Car Wizard, to see what needs to be fixed. Wizard is obviously also a fan of the movie as re-enacts a couple of scenes during the visit.

On 10/2/2024 at 3:36 PM, HossC said:

One of the YouTube channels I follow is Hoovies Garage. Most of his videos show him buying cheap cars and then showing how much it costs to get them fixed. His latest purchase is a 1959 Plymouth Fury. It was originally baby blue, but a previous owner has painted it red. He quickly acknowledges that it's a year later than the movie Christine, but that doesn't stop numerous references to the movie/book.

In the second video he takes the car to his mechanic, the Car Wizard, to see what needs to be fixed. Wizard is obviously also a fan of the movie as re-enacts a couple of scenes during the visit.

Cousin HossC... This is awesome! Thanks for sharing it with us! :)

Christine fans... Something that bugs me from book to movie transition in Christine, Buddy Repperton worked for Will Darnell at the garage and that's how he knew Christine was there. And in the book, it's Sandy Galton who tells about the airport parking lot. But in the movie, it's Moochie Welch who knows where it's kept at. Without explanation in the movie how he knows this. My guess is like Buddy Repperton, Moochie Welch also worked for Will Darnell and he kicked Moochie Welch out of the garage like he did to Buddy Repperton. Or maybe Buddy told Moochie. It's the only thing that makes sense to me how Mooch knew where it was kept. It's the only theory I can conjure up to explain that little plot hole.