Gilligan's Island(1964-1967)

Skipper Duke

I once had a dream about Skipper. He was still alive. There was this meet and greet autograph signing. I attended and got his and to meet him. I wore one of my Navy Blue Broner hats. He of course was in his Black Lancaster. He had a boat with him. The event as at water. He took me fishing with him on boat. I got to drive it. I even got to wear his actual Lancaster Brand screen used hat. He said "Here! You can't drive my boat without this!" He took my Broner off me, and his Lancaster off him. We exchanged hats. He put his Lancaster on me and my Broner on him. We talked about the show and his career. Then I had to wake up. I was mad then. That was a dream I didn't wanna wake up from.

2 hours ago, Skipper Duke said:

I once had a dream about Skipper. He was still alive. There was this meet and greet autograph signing. I attended and got his and to meet him. I wore one of my Navy Blue Broner hats. He of course was in his Black Lancaster. He had a boat with him. The event as at water. He took me fishing with him on boat. I got to drive it. I even got to wear his actual Lancaster Brand screen used hat. He said "Here! You can't drive my boat without this!" He took my Broner off me, and his Lancaster off him. We exchanged hats. He put his Lancaster on me and my Broner on him. We talked about the show and his career. Then I had to wake up. I was mad then. That was a dream I didn't wanna wake up from.

Great dream Skipper.  You are in an elite class of people who have kept his legacy alive. He'd be proud of you and would be honored to see you wear his hat. If I'm lucky, I'll dream of Jesse handing me his hat tonight. 

(Season 3 Ring Around Gilligan)Dr. Boris Balinkoff:"Ha ha ha! Excellent! Excellent! Now, give me the gold! Give it all to me! Give it to me!" Gilligan:"We hear, and obey!"(Conks Dr. Boris Balinkoff on the head with a coconut. The others grab and start throwing the coconuts at him.) Dr. Boris Balinkoff:"Not that way, you stupid robots! Not that way!"(Professor hits the mind controlling ring device with a coconut breaking it.) Dr. Boris Balinkoff:"You smashed it. You have smashed it!"

All:"Hey what happened!?" Skipper:"Who's that? What're we doing with all these coconuts?" Mr. Howell:"Don't go away! Come back! Come back! Rescue us! Rescue us!" Dr. Boris Balinkoff:"Gah! Gah!" Gilligan:"Don't worry, I'll get him!"(Drives bamboo car full of coconuts into the Lagoon which promptly sinks from the coconuts weight. Gilligan emerges with a silly smile, and waves at them.)

Gilligan's Island fans... I bring y'all sad news. This was posted by the owner of American Patrol Co.

After 33 years, American Patrol Company is moving into retirement. This has been a difficult decision to make, but the time has come.

Starting now, A.P.Co is selling off its two subdivisions, The historic Lancaster Hat company and its vintage canvas/WWII field gear division. Each division has substantial quantities of materials, clicker dies canvas, hardware, webbing patterns etc. Both divisions’ assets are completely intact so manufacturing can resume in your own facility without needing to purchase anything else. My greatest hope is someone will purchase either division whole. I have many customers who also hope that will happen so they can continue doing business with a reputable maker.  

The quality of American Patrol Companies materials are all top notch. Most hardware and other materials are NOS vintage items. Materials include literally miles and hundreds of pounds of fabric, canvas, webbing, hardware, tooling, and machinery. I can give specific quantities and photos if someone is interested. PM me if so. 

I would like to sell everything by the fall of 2023.

If you or someone you know might be interested, message me and I will provide lists and photographs of the assets that go with each division.

(Season 1 Two on a Raft) Gilligan & Skipper disguised as a bush and a tree to fool the Marubi headhunters.

Skipper:"How do I look?" Gilligan:"You look like a fat bush!" Skipper:"When I want your opinion, I'll ask for it!" Gilligan:"You just asked for it!" Skipper:"Oh shut up!" Gilligan:"Shhh." Skipper:"Remember now, if there's any danger, just stand still, and you're a tree!"

On Mondays at 8 am at my wound care center appointments at hospital my doctor recognizes my Skipper's hats when I wear them there. He is like Mr. Howell cuz he calls me "Captain". I wore Bluenox version today. Today he asked me "Captain did you bring your boat?" Each week when I leave after he does his magic, he says "Take care and behave Captain!"

The episode of Alf with him being a Gilligan freak, me and him would get along nicely! He'd be my best pal. David Hasselhoff would also be my best pal and get along nicely! The episode of Baywatch Sit Right Back And You'll Hear a Tale, he was watching Gilligan on the TV. He chased everyone away so he could have the TV all to himself to enjoy Gilligan by himself. That's like something I would've done.

Today I wore one of my Navy Blue Broner Hat Co. Skipper's hats from the former R. I. P. Warren Ohio Mickey's Army Navy Store to my appointment. A lady who works the waiting room window recognized it. She said "I love the hat! It's Gilligan's Island Skipper's!" When I left today, I said "Bye Doc." The Doc said "Take care Captain, and behave." I said "I will. And I'll tell Gilligan and the other castaways you said "Hi." The Doc said "Absolutely."

6 hours ago, Skipper Duke said:

Did you know that reruns of Gilligan's Island are now receiving that silly trigger warning at the beginning of episodes? When and where does this cancel culture NONSENSE stop?

Nothing surprises me anymore. This stuff has gone from political correctness to literal insanity. I wonder why they are now doing the warning. Did one of the castaways say a newly unacceptable word, like church something?

1 minute ago, RogerDuke said:

Nothing surprises me anymore. This stuff has gone from political correctness to literal insanity. I wonder why they are now doing the warning. Did one of the castaways say a newly unacceptable word, like church something?

Nope. The warning networks are putting up is "Gilligan's Island was made in the 1960s. It contains outdated language and cultural stereotypes."

Just now, Skipper Duke said:

Nope. The warning networks are putting up is "Gilligan's Island was made in the 1960s. It contains outdated language and cultural stereotypes."

Good grief. Cultural stereotypes!?!? I guarantee you that they would be fine with certain cultural stereotypes though. Anybody who would flag Gilligan's Island as offensive would also be the same kind of person who would make fun of rural people. 

(Season 3 Slave Girl)

Gilligan:"You mean Ugundi's already here?" Mr. Howell:"Not that fiend! The other fiends!" Gilligan:"What other fiends!?" Mr. Howell:"The-, the Captain and the Professor!" Gilligan:"But they're not other-"

Mr. Howell:"Gilligan, my boy, I hate to do this to you. But it's for your own good! Pow!"(Punches. Knocks Gilligan out.) Mrs. Howell: Thurston, you knocked him out!" Mr. Howell:"Lovey, Lovey I've struck another man!"

Ginger and Mary Ann with pie on Gilligans Island.(,I can't post the picture. My free Flickr is out of free uploads. Sorry y'all.)The differences between Mary Ann Summers (Dawn Wells) and Ginger Grant (Tina Louise) characters on Gilligan's Island couldn’t be better summed up any better than this simple bit of dialogue between them: Mary Ann - “I used to be a Girl Scout, and they teach you a lot.Ginger: “I used to go with a Boy Scout, and they teach you a lot, too.” Mary Ann was the quintessential all American girl next door, while Ginger oozed glamor and sex appeal. Both women gorgeous but on opposite sides of the spectrum.

(Season 3 Gilligan the Goddess)

Skipper:"Gilligan. Where's Gilligan? Gilligan!?" Gilligan:"Did. Somebody. Call. Me.?" Professor:"He might be able to pull it off!" Gilligan:"Oh no! I'm not gonna dress up like a girl!" Skipper:"Oh yes you are, and that's an order!" Gilligan:"I'm not gonna dress up like a girl, and you can't make me!"(Match flip scene)"You can't make me, you can't make me!" Mr. Howell:"We already did!" Skipper:"But what are we gonna call him? I mean, whoever heard of a goddess name Gilligan?" Gilligan:"Why don't you call her Giliana?"(Realizes what he just said, and could kick himself.)"What am I saying!?"