Gilligan's Island(1964-1967)

Skipper Duke

Alan Hale Jr. (born Alan Hale MacKahan, March 8, 1921 – January 2, 1990) was an American actor and restaurateur. He was the son of character actor Alan Hale Sr. His television career spanned four decades, but he was best known for his co-starring role on the 1960s series Gilligan's Island. He also appeared on several talk and variety shows.

Hale appeared in more than 200 films and television roles from 1941. He appeared primarily in Westerns, performing with Kirk Douglas in The Big Trees (1952), Audie Murphy in Destry (1954), Ray Milland in A Man Alone (1955), Robert Wagner in The True Story of Jesse James (1957), Hugh Marlowe in The Long Rope (1961), and Sheriff Jones in The Giant Spider Invasion (1975). He also appeared in musical comedies opposite Don DeFore in It Happened on Fifth Avenue (1947), James Cagney in The West Point Story (1950), and Judy Canova in Honeychile (1951). He achieved continuing success on the CBS comedy Gilligan's Island (1964–1967), playing the secondary lead role of the Skipper. Hale reprised the role of Skipper in three Gilligan's Island television films and two spin-off cartoon series.

(Wikipedia)

(Season 3 Up at Bat)

Professor:"Fortunately I know the solution. An Anti vampire potion." Skipper:"Anti vampire potion? Well Professor what school did you graduate from, Batman U?" Professor:"Not a real Anti vampire potion Skipper! I'll just brew up some herbs and some of these native plants to produce a mild tranquilizer." Skipper:"Oh but then Gilligan will think that it's a real Anti vampire concoction!" Professor:"Right."

(Season 2 You've Been Disconnected)

Skipper:"He said "Hello" in Hawaiian. They're gonna rob a bank!" Gilligan:(cutting wire)"Don't worry Skipper! I know how to stop 'em. There! Now they can't talk to each other." Skipper:"Gilligan, what's to prevent 'em from talking to each other on that wire?"(points to another wire) (Gilligan cuts that wire too) Skipper:"You break another wire, I'll break your neck."

Skipper:"Gilligan. What are you hiding?" Gilligan:"Me hiding? Where what what what hiding who what what what hiding who... Skipper, I got a confession to make. I got a stuck foot." Skipper:"I thought so." Gilligan:"Please help me huh Skipper?" Skipper:"Yes Gilligan I'll help you. But remember, when you've done something wrong don't try to hide it." Gilligan:"I'll remember."

FB_IMG_1638238930077

(Season 3 Court Martial)

Skipper/Long John Silver:"One of me mates ad a fight with Lord Admiral Gilligan once and just remember, eez a sucker for a right ook." Mr. Howell/Captain Hook:"Well I’m at a disadvantage, I can only give him a left hook." Professor/Captain Kidd:"Did he give you that scar?" Mr. Howell/Captain Hook:"I did that myself!" Skipper/Long John Silver:"You did dat yourself!?" Mr. Howell/Captain Hook:"I had an itch, and I forgot!" Professor/Captain Kidd:"Why are we wasting our time talking about that dandy!? Let's look at the treasure!"

I just had a thought. What if this $37 Fun World Skipper's cap was the $39.99 one that my brother woulda got me on clearance $14.97 + tax in 2010 that was not in the package? Could be the same one from the same exact set that I'm getting from Theresa? Maybe if so, whoever stole it got tired of it and put it on auction? That could explain why it was an auction for just hat by itself without the shirt pants or bib for stuffable belly?

Why did Skipper have to have them sign the paper in Rescue saying the accident was not his fault, when he was already cleared in Season 3 Court Martial? And at the time of shipwreck #1 there was just S. S. Minnow no Minnow I like that board in the end said. And in Globetrotters the Howells suddenly had Thurston Howell 4th. They had no children in series.I don't remember a character storyline script reason being given. I know the real reason was because they needed a Howell to fill in for Backus cuz he was sick. But then again they did adopt Gilligan near the end of Season 1 so...  A Thurston Howell 4th did exist.

A favorite funny scene of mine from '01 movie Surviving Gilligan's Island THE INCREDIBLY TRUE STORY OF THE LONGEST THREE-HOUR TOUR IN HISTORY Talking about getting off the island.

Mr. Howell:"How do we get off?" Skipper:"Well, as Skipper and First Mate, that's up to me and Gilligan to find a way." Mr. Howell:"Drats! We're stuck here forever!"

(Season 2 Quick, Before It Sinks) Gilligan is pouring Skipper some Coconut Milk. It spills all over the Skipper. Gilligan:"Say when Skipper."

Skipper:"When, Gilligan." Gilligan and Skipper are now in their hammocks.

Skipper:"And now Gilligan, this will be the most important of our tests, being as we're in our hammocks so much." "Yeah. We'll be to weak from lack of food to stand up."