The last 24 hours

RogerDuke

It's funny how this guest stars thing goes. I watched another two episodes of Hart to Hart today and didn't spot anyone from Dukes. I didn't recognize any of the guest stars in the first episode ('Murder Between Friends'). The second, 'Cop Out', featured Burr DeBenning who was in a couple of episodes of CHiPs and The Fall Guy. It also had an early appearance of Markie Post who went on to be Terri Michaels in The Fall Guy. The Terri Michaels character basically took over from Samantha 'Big Jack' Jack who was played by Jo Ann Pflug (Helen Hogan in 'Route 7-11') - that's the closest I could get to a Dukes connection!

The doorbell camera has been busy the past few days. The other day it caught the troublemaker making a bee line towards our other next door neighbor when she took her dog out. She told him a few times not to come any closer but he ignored her so she got her dog and quickly went back inside her apartment. Today the troublemaker decided to start some :censored: with another neighbor and had a yelling match with him. Then he had the audacity to come towards the camera and make a 'bang bang' hand motion towards our place and the guy he got into an argument with. He keeps his ghetto crap up someone's gonna have enough of it and either deal with him legally or themselves. I hope the camera catches it when it does happen.

4 hours ago, Spike said:

The doorbell camera has been busy the past few days. The other day it caught the troublemaker making a bee line towards our other next door neighbor when she took her dog out. She told him a few times not to come any closer but he ignored her so she got her dog and quickly went back inside her apartment. Today the troublemaker decided to start some :censored: with another neighbor and had a yelling match with him. Then he had the audacity to come towards the camera and make a 'bang bang' hand motion towards our place and the guy he got into an argument with. He keeps his ghetto crap up someone's gonna have enough of it and either deal with him legally or themselves. I hope the camera catches it when it does happen.

Well Spike, look at it this way. When you do find your next place you will appreciate it so much more because of what you have been through. And when you appreciate things you are a much happier person. This jerk that has been terrorizing everybody will never be happy so you will end up the winner. It's like Waylon always said "On the HazzardNet we tend to like happy endings." (or something like that)

On 7/20/2020 at 8:46 PM, RogerDuke said:

That is a good point. I bet that guy will start up the reviews again tomorrow. Just a hunch. 

Unless the guy's DVD player doesn't work. This thing is about 25 years old so it's no surprise. The door won't open to put the DVD in. My wife has another one stashed away in the closet. It's old too but must work since she's not the type to keep something around that is useless (even though she keeps me). 

6 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

Well Spike, look at it this way. When you do find your next place you will appreciate it so much more because of what you have been through. And when you appreciate things you are a much happier person. This jerk that has been terrorizing everybody will never be happy so you will end up the winner. It's like Waylon always said "On the HazzardNet we tend to like happy endings." (or something like that)

Yeah we're looking forward too it. There's this one house we found that has everything we're looking for except it's not out in the country, but it's just out of our price range. Has a big bedroom and living room and full basement and 2 car garage. For the first time in our lives we asked relatives for some $$$ help with a down payment so we can afford it. We hated to ask for help because we've always done things on our own but desperate situation... If they don't help us we'll just settle for this other house that has the smaller rooms that I mentioned in a previous post.

Was an interesting day. While eating breakfast I heard a bunch of yelling so I checked the ring doorbell and seen the troublemaker chased the guy he had an argument with yesterday to their vehicle. Later in the day I contacted the manager of the neighboring complex where that guy lives to let them know about the video. Shared the video as well as a few others with the manager and since the troublemaker is causing problems on their property they are going to see what they can legally do to get rid of the troublemaker here.

Rough day for my father-in-law. Today is their 60th anniversary and he hasn't been able to see my mother-in-law for 4 months because she has dementia and is in a nursing home. They didn't want to put her in a home but two years ago she kept escaping, even in snow storms so it just wasn't safe anymore. It's pretty sad. They were such a great couple. My wife is pretty sad today about it. 

On 7/21/2020 at 4:37 PM, HossC said:

It's funny how this guest stars thing goes...

One of yesterday's episodes of Hart to Hart finally had another Dukes guest star - Robert Tessier who was Mitch Henderson in 'The Runaway'.

The reason I quoted my previous post about it being funny is that the same episode featured another familiar face (to me) - Joseph Stern. When I looked him up, I realized that I knew him from a guest spot in M*A*S*H. As luck would have, out of all 251 episodes of M*A*S*H, his episode was on tonight!

ETA. I'm just watching the next episode of M*A*S*H and it has another Dukes guest cast member from season 2 - William Watson who was Simon in 'Dukes Meet Cale Yarborough'.

Well as usual it looks like home ownership is not in the cards this year. I knew it last night when we got a call from the relatives and they mentioned about what we thought about moving to the apartment complex next to where we live now. That's why I don't ask anybody for anything! Don't know why they even told us to find a house we like within a few thousand $$$ of our price range. Hate to say it but that's why I always say never get your hopes up. And people wonder why I've been a pessimist most of my life.

This year has been nothing but a cluster:censored: since March :mad::censored::largecensored:

Folks in hazzardnet could use some extra good vibes today. A house came back on the market and if things line up we will put an offer in today. We like it from the pics on Zillow and it has a nice size lot and in a quiet safe neighborhood. 

Man keep telling myself not to get my hopes but dang if they aren't since this one ticks most of the boxes on our list.

Today, a friend and I found ourselves deep in the south of Ireland, so naturally we ate lunch at a restaurant named Hillbilly's. Apparently, the chain started with a single restaurant over 20 years ago, but this was my first time there. Their chicken is cooked with a secret recipe which "was discovered in a humble farmhouse kitchen deep in the heart of the American South". We enjoyed our chicken fillet burgers.

5 hours ago, HossC said:

Today, a friend and I found ourselves deep in the south of Ireland, so naturally we ate lunch at a restaurant named Hillbilly's. Apparently, the chain started with a single restaurant over 20 years ago, but this was my first time there. Their chicken is cooked with a secret recipe which "was discovered in a humble farmhouse kitchen deep in the heart of the American South". We enjoyed our chicken fillet burgers.

That's awesome Hoss. Before we know it you're going to be driving around in a car with doors that are welded shut and throwing away your cell phone for a CB. Speaking of CBs, I fired up one of my old walkie talkies. It looks like the big walkie talkies you often saw on Dukes. Unfortunately there is nobody on anymore. I did hear some distant chatter on channel 19 and some on ch6. It's sad. CBs used to be so much fun. Neither of the folks on the distant chatter could hear me. I think it was that real far away stuff we used to call "skip" because somehow the signal was skipping off certain atmospheric conditions.

11 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

Sounds exciting. Are you going to go get a closer look today? Keep us updated. 

Well I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up. Turns out the house needs some work. Guessing the owner doesn't have the money to fix stuff as it says in the listing that some of the issues, like the roof, would be fixed upon closing. The lady's that rent the house were there and they told us the roof has had a tarp on it for the past 3 months or so. Kitchen floor also needs to be replaced and a few rooms need repainted etc. Back to the drawing board we go...

2 hours ago, Spike said:

Well I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up. Turns out the house needs some work. Guessing the owner doesn't have the money to fix stuff as it says in the listing that some of the issues, like the roof, would be fixed upon closing. The lady's that rent the house were there and they told us the roof has had a tarp on it for the past 3 months or so. Kitchen floor also needs to be replaced and a few rooms need repainted etc. Back to the drawing board we go...

Did you think about making an offer that was so low that you could still afford to fix those things? Of course if you are getting financing the bank might not go for that idea. Keep at it. Good things come to those who wait. 

I know money's tight right now for a lot of people but dang I'm getting tired of looking at houses that need roof repairs lol. One we looked at last night was about the right size for us but then we heard about the leak that's been going on for a while. Sounds like it hasn't taken care of yet from what the renter's at that house said. And since the water runs down behind the wall there's a real good possibility that there is mold. When the realtor mentioned he never seen a corner of the roof done like that before that also raised some concerns.

I know we aren't going to find a perfect house with no issues but as long as we can find one with just minor ones we can fix that will pass inspection would be great.

My wife is like a charging bull, still determined to find a house and get the heck out of here before our lease is up. Glad she's still got that attitude as my positive energy is just sapped, probably doesn't help that I haven't slept longer than 5 hours in a night in over a month.

15 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

Try sticking a Dukes episode in the hour before you go to bed. It will take your mind off the real world. Hazzard County is the only world that makes sense anymore. 

Boy you got that right Roger. The whole world seems like one big cluster:censored:.

Looks like we're S.O.L., relatives won't loan us the money for the houses we showed them so it looks like we're stuck here for few months more, that is if the management renews our lease which doesn't look like that's happening either since we haven't gotten our renewal papers yet.

One good thing is we're back to work at our part time 2nd job so at least we'll have that extra money to throw into savings.