Daisy Dukes

Rebel01

• 3 years later...

My wife was watching one of those Hollywood celebrity shows tonight. It comes on after the national news on NBC and they were talking about Daisy Duke shorts. Less and less younger folks know what the Dukes of Hazzard is but everybody knows what Daisy Dukes are. I think I speak for everyone who has been a fan of the show since 1979 when I say that back then I never would have imagined that Daisy's shorts would have outlasted anything else on the show. In 2079 everybody will still know what they are but not everbody will know how they were named. Maybe they will Google it and Daisy's shorts will start a new revival of the show and new generation of fans. 

9 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

Less and less younger folks know what the Dukes of Hazzard is but everybody knows what Daisy Dukes are.

People still remember Dukes over here. This was question on a TV quiz just a couple of days ago. The answers in this round are an overlap of the picture clue and the word clue.

GLHouseOfGames.jpg

Answer below:

General Lee Evans

For anyone who's interested, you can watch the whole episode below. Each week, four celebrities play various games across five days, competing to win a selection of quirky prizes.

Everyone here still knows at least something about dukes of Hazzard. An orange car with 01 on the sides, Dixie horn, A flying orange car. Everyone here knows it.

Dixie horns also seem popular over here. You hear one like at least every two weeks. It's illegal to have it as your regular horn as you cant have multitone horns. Must be wired as a seperate thing. :)

Edited by Roth Potter

On 6/16/2018 at 3:12 PM, Roth Potter said:

Dixie horns also seem popular over here. You hear one like at least every two weeks. 

That's cool! In the US you'd probably be labeled a racist if you played one. Everybody is so quick to label folks nowadays. I always tell people to watch the first 15 minutes of the very first Dukes episode. You'll see a white man and black man with their arms around each other. The Dukes was not a racist show! Political correctness drives me crazy. Sorry for getting off the subject. 

3 hours ago, Hobie Harkins said:

I have a question about Daisy.....( Help me Hoss and Roger !!) What episode is it where Boss tells Enos, …." That's about as likely as Daisy Duke becoming the next Pope!" and Enos says, " That's funny Mr. Hogg,  'cause Daisy's a Methodist!"

It's in 'Jude Emery' in season 2. The full quote (which is a bit of a giveaway) is:

Boss: "Grady Byrd, the chances of you finding Snake Harmon by yourself rank right up there with Daisy Duke being made the next Pope."

Enos: "That's funny, Mr. Hogg, 'cause Daisy's a Methodist."

• 4 months later...

In fairness I didn't realize that Catherine Bach wore panty hose in all the scenes she was wearing those short jean shorts until years later. Besides I don't think most people were paying attention to whether she had panty hose on or not.  I bet that Ms. Bach wanted her legs to be bare especially in the summer.

On 11/18/2018 at 5:33 PM, RogerDuke said:

Of course there were opportunities to see Daisy's bare legs, like the first episode when she wanted to have a picnic or later when she kicked Boss Hogg out of her bed. 

Yeah, would be pretty obvious if she wore them with a bikini. :lol: But I think in the bed scene with Boss she did wear them. If you can believe everything in that scene she'd either go commando in her shorts or put those sleeping things (whatever you call those) over her panties. I guess that wouldn't make much sense either way?

2 hours ago, Roth Potter said:

Yeah, would be pretty obvious if she wore them with a bikini. :lol: But I think in the bed scene with Boss she did wear them. If you can believe everything in that scene she'd either go commando in her shorts or put those sleeping things (whatever you call those) over her panties. I guess that wouldn't make much sense either way?

If CBS was OK with Catherine Bach wearing a bikini with bare legs, then why was CBS bothered with her wearing short jean shorts bare-legged?  The shorts covered more of her than a bikini.

Didn't move much? Didn't you see her run to the car? It's was very moving. But thinking about it now, the earlier episodes were in a later time slot and thus more stuff was allowed from what I can gather. Although this would conflict again with the shot being used in the intro and Daisy being seen in a later season in another red bikini. And less 'moving'.

8 hours ago, Roth Potter said:

I guess it is along the same lines of why someone would not want to want to be caught in only underwear, but a bikini is fine.

I've often wondered that myself. Personally, I wouldn't want to be caught in either. Although I do remember seeing Boss and Rosco in a dress once. 

• 2 years later...

I've been watching a lot of those outdoor survival shows lately.....just in case I get lost in the woods the next time I go to Hobie's still.....I just watched Dual Survival (episode 68 in Mexico). They are given a back pack with different miscellaneous items in every episode. When Joe pulled out a pair of shorts he called them "Daisy Dukes". They ended up using a knife to scrape dry lint off them to use to start a fire. The first thing I thought is....those Daisy Dukes are pretty hot. 

23 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

Gotta respectfully disagree with you on that one. Any mention of the Dukes of Hazzard that it not intended to be critical is okay in my book........and any mention of Dukes of Hazzard that IS intended to be critical is fighting words in my book. 

Hey Hobie, I just reread this post from last night and I realized it could have been misinterpreted. (You probably didn't and I'm probably worrying over nothing). My "fighting words" comment was not intended to refer to your post. It was intended to be for anybody who criticizes the DOH, like those politically correct folks who don't understand the Confederate Flag for example.....or anybody else who doesn't like Dukes for whatever reason. BTW  The mention of Daisy's shorts on the survival show wasn't in a disrespectful manner.