NASCAR season 2005.....

Capt_Redneck

Yeah so? I don't know what your whole deal is here...no one even said anything about Gordon lately and you have to bring up that he had another bad race...what's the point?

So your guy won last Sunday and perhaps made some pretty big steps in his career. But so has Gordon and so has many of the other racers out there on the track. If they weren't good at what they did, they wouldn't be on the track...

As for Gordon, he may be riding a good string of bad luck lately, but I wouldn't count him out of the top ten nor the championship. He still has a chance...anything could still happen at this point. Even if, which is a big if, if he doesn't make it, there is always next year.

#24 JEFF GORDON

Keep it between the ditches

~Garrett Duke~

Yeah so?........Because I said so. Got it :wink: .....I am not a fan of #24, never have been, never will be. You should know that or did you forget. By the way all the BAD finishes gives him the TV time to whine and make excuses. But that is just ol' Jeffy. Hasn't changed sinced he joined Hendrick and screwed Bill Davis.

Sure am damn glad he is having his run of BAD luck as I am eating this up. That is the point . Guess you don't like it, oh well... :roll:

By the way I do like Gordon, Robby Gordon that is . Ask Jeffy about him and I am sure he will have some good things to say as usual...

I still like ya Garrett despite being a #24 fan, I will overlook that.... :D

Later

Darrell

Yeah so? I don't know what your whole deal is here...no one even said anything about Gordon lately and you have to bring up that he had another bad race...what's the point?

So your guy won last Sunday and perhaps made some pretty big steps in his career. But so has Gordon and so has many of the other racers out there on the track. If they weren't good at what they did, they wouldn't be on the track...

As for Gordon, he may be riding a good string of bad luck lately, but I wouldn't count him out of the top ten nor the championship. He still has a chance...anything could still happen at this point. Even if, which is a big if, if he doesn't make it, there is always next year.

#24 JEFF GORDON

Keep it between the ditches

~Garrett Duke~

Yeah so?........Because I said so. Got it :wink: .....I am not a fan of #24, never have been, never will be. You should know that or did you forget. By the way all the BAD finishes gives him the TV time to whine and make excuses. But that is just ol' Jeffy. Hasn't changed sinced he joined Hendrick and screwed Bill Davis.

Sure am damn glad he is having his run of BAD luck as I am eating this up. That is the point . Guess you don't like it, oh well... :roll:

By the way I do like Gordon, Robby Gordon that is . Ask Jeffy about him and I am sure he will have some good things to say as usual...

I still like ya Garrett despite being a #24 fan, I will overlook that.... :D

Later

Darrell

Capt. Redneck:

NASCAR is filled with a lot of talented drivers...drivers that has different abilities and different driving styles. NASCAR is a great sport because of the competiveness between the drivers. It is also great because it gives you 43 or more drivers to chose and to root for. Everyone has the right to their opinion of each driver. Whether you are a huge fan, or you just follow the driver, or you despise the driver. Everyone has their opinion...and has a right to their opinion.

I respect that you don't like Jeff Gordon and I respect that you like Tony Stewart. I would appreciate it if you would respect my opinion of Jeff Gordon...

Thank-you.

Garrett Duke

I'm glad you're able to over look me being a Gordon fan, because I've overlooked you being a fan of Tony Stewart. :wink:

Capt. Redneck:

NASCAR is filled with a lot of talented drivers...drivers that has different abilities and different driving styles. NASCAR is a great sport because of the competiveness between the drivers. It is also great because it gives you 43 or more drivers to chose and to root for. Everyone has the right to their opinion of each driver. Whether you are a huge fan, or you just follow the driver, or you despise the driver. Everyone has their opinion...and has a right to their opinion.

I respect that you don't like Jeff Gordon and I respect that you like Tony Stewart. I would appreciate it if you would respect my opinion of Jeff Gordon...

Thank-you.

Garrett Duke

I'm glad you're able to over look me being a Gordon fan, because I've overlooked you being a fan of Tony Stewart. :wink:

AS far as Jeff Gordon goes, I WILL always have my say about him no matter what. He is fair game to me and other ABG (Anybody But Gordon) fans..

You have your opinion on him and it nowhere matches mine...Can't take any criticsim or some bashing of Jeff Gordon? I can't take HIS whining. Maybe we are even on that.

First of all, what gives? You come on here and bash me for bashing Gordon. hey he is your favorite , so be it. Maybe you jumped on the bandwagon when he started winning, so be it. Go to other NASCAR boards and see what other opinions about #24 , they are much worse than mine and much more heated.

Second of all. When did I say didn't respect YOUR oipnion of him. Go back to first and second page of this thread and RE-READ what I said. Maybe you forgot that. I do have a spare pair of glasses if you need them...

I forgot I am TRYiNG to talk a Jeff Gordon Fan.......So get over it. I have no care in the world if someone says seomething about my drivers, I just throw out facts.....

Later

Darrell

PS....Anyway on to Pocone to see if "Smoke" can make it 4 out 5 and move into the points lead...I want to see himn climb the fence again

AS far as Jeff Gordon goes, I WILL always have my say about him no matter what. He is fair game to me and other ABG (Anybody But Gordon) fans..

You have your opinion on him and it nowhere matches mine...Can't take any criticsim or some bashing of Jeff Gordon? I can't take HIS whining. Maybe we are even on that.

First of all, what gives? You come on here and bash me for bashing Gordon. hey he is your favorite , so be it. Maybe you jumped on the bandwagon when he started winning, so be it. Go to other NASCAR boards and see what other opinions about #24 , they are much worse than mine and much more heated.

Second of all. When did I say didn't respect YOUR oipnion of him. Go back to first and second page of this thread and RE-READ what I said. Maybe you forgot that. I do have a spare pair of glasses if you need them...

I forgot I am TRYiNG to talk a Jeff Gordon Fan.......So get over it. I have no care in the world if someone says seomething about my drivers, I just throw out facts.....

Later

Darrell

PS....Anyway on to Pocone to see if "Smoke" can make it 4 out 5 and move into the points lead...I want to see himn climb the fence again

I will take a 7th place finish for Tony.Closer to the points lead now , only 66 behind JJ. Although that don't mean anything for the so-called "Chase"........

I just don't like that the 'Keebler Elf" won the race. I don't like it almost as much as ol' #24. At least he didn't win and finished 13th and still LOST points . Too bad. Boo Hoo........Yeah right..

Just tell WTF was Kurt trying to do with his so-called donuts and burnouts? Even some of crews were wondering the same thing....

All in all not a bad Pocono race. Pretty racy there towards the end.

I'm gone

Darrell

I will take a 7th place finish for Tony.Closer to the points lead now , only 66 behind JJ. Although that don't mean anything for the so-called "Chase"........

I just don't like that the 'Keebler Elf" won the race. I don't like it almost as much as ol' #24. At least he didn't win and finished 13th and still LOST points . Too bad. Boo Hoo........Yeah right..

Just tell WTF was Kurt trying to do with his so-called donuts and burnouts? Even some of crews were wondering the same thing....

All in all not a bad Pocono race. Pretty racy there towards the end.

I'm gone

Darrell

Alright now........On to the "Brickyard" in a couple of weeks.

A TRUE Indiana native called the Rushville Rocket should be the favorite to make it first across the yard of bricks. I know it isn't the same as the best race in the world - The Indy 500, but it will come really close in meaning for Smoke. He was quoted in a ninterview as saying he would give up his 02 WINSTON CUP just to win at Indianpolis.

He might be a bit out of shape , but he is the best pure racer since AJ Foyt. And that is the ultimate compliment given to any driver period.

I guess a few people on here took offense to my ramblings about ol' Gordo...Ah that's life in NASCAR ...Oh well... :roll:

Let's go "Smoke Johnson" .... #20 - Tony Stewart

Alright now........On to the "Brickyard" in a couple of weeks.

A TRUE Indiana native called the Rushville Rocket should be the favorite to make it first across the yard of bricks. I know it isn't the same as the best race in the world - The Indy 500, but it will come really close in meaning for Smoke. He was quoted in a ninterview as saying he would give up his 02 WINSTON CUP just to win at Indianpolis.

He might be a bit out of shape , but he is the best pure racer since AJ Foyt. And that is the ultimate compliment given to any driver period.

I guess a few people on here took offense to my ramblings about ol' Gordo...Ah that's life in NASCAR ...Oh well... :roll:

Let's go "Smoke Johnson" .... #20 - Tony Stewart

Hey for all ya'll Gordon fans ...I have a couple of songs about Jeff Gordon that would be appropiate....

Jeff Gordon is Gay - (set to the music of Born To Be wild)

This is as good as I can get it, hope its funny as hell to you!

Now he's a wonder boy toy

Had a major win start

Likes the Hersery Highway

And reading Martha Stewart

He's winning lots of races baby

In the covetted Winston Cup

Rearin Earnhardt was no mistake

Just gettin mud for the duck

Those boys of the Rainbows

Quickest pit in Nascar

Wipping ass on Martin

He's rentin some cheap gay bars

His fans won't be tickled

When they find he makes Dicks' Trickle

Watch him race away, hot damn the boy is GAY

Gordon is gay,

Oooooo that hurts,

Gordon is gay,

Yeah

Speedin on the race track

Lapsy can manuver

Has the biggest fan club

And he sucks just like a Hoover

(Sucking sound)

Now bend over more guys now baby

It's men that he likes to hump

His racing outfit always matches

Hey look at him, he's wearing red pumps

Gordon is gay,

Whoahoooo

Gordon is gay,

Don't touch me there

Ha ha he whoa

Whoahoo That's feeling good now

YEEEEEEEHAAAAAAW

Hey for all ya'll Gordon fans ...I have a couple of songs about Jeff Gordon that would be appropiate....

Jeff Gordon is Gay - (set to the music of Born To Be wild)

This is as good as I can get it, hope its funny as hell to you!

Now he's a wonder boy toy

Had a major win start

Likes the Hersery Highway

And reading Martha Stewart

He's winning lots of races baby

In the covetted Winston Cup

Rearin Earnhardt was no mistake

Just gettin mud for the duck

Those boys of the Rainbows

Quickest pit in Nascar

Wipping ass on Martin

He's rentin some cheap gay bars

Gordon is gay,

Oooooo that hurts,

Gordon is gay,

Yeah

Speedin on the race track

Lapsy can manuver

Has the biggest fan club

And he sucks just like a Hoover

(Sucking sound)

Now bend over more guys now baby

It's men that he likes to hump

His racing outfit always matches

Hey look at him, he's wearing red pumps

Gordon is gay,

Whoahoooo

Gordon is gay,

Don't touch me there

Ha ha he whoa

Whoahoo That's feeling good now

YEEEEEEEHAAAAAAW

There is another song that is popular... All these songs I heard on the "Big Show" - John Boy & Billy - One of the most popluar morning shows in the South. Big time NASCAR and wrestling fans .

Jeff Gordon's Gay - by Tim Wilson ( a comedian who does song parodies )

Jeff Gordon's gay, Jeff Gordon's gay

At least thats what them ornery Earnhardt fans always say

They swear he's usin vasoline on the 24 chevrolet

Jeff Gordon's gay, he must be gay

He wears rainbow colors, he's a handsome fella

Standin in victory lane, with a gorgeous little wife

With a check in her hand sippin that gay champagne

Them Earnhardt fans up in the stands, all chokin on bread and spam

Say Gordon's gay every time he turns and hugs Ray Effernham

He's probably whistlin elton john or spammed al vale`

He's got them rainbow warriors singin YMCA

He's got 3 Winston Cup trophies sittin home on his trophy shelf

But I betchya he can't pick one up, at least not by himself

At least thats what the people who lose on Sunday always say

They swear he's usin' vasoline on the 24 chevrolet

And next year he'll drive the long pink cadillac for Mary Kay...

I figured I had throw this out there to all you Gordon fans.....Lighten up and have some fun, not like the way Gordon has his fun though. :wink: ...

There is another song that is popular... All these songs I heard on the "Big Show" - John Boy & Billy - One of the most popluar morning shows in the South. Big time NASCAR and wrestling fans .

Jeff Gordon's Gay - by Tim Wilson ( a comedian who does song parodies )

Jeff Gordon's gay, Jeff Gordon's gay

At least thats what them ornery Earnhardt fans always say

They swear he's usin vasoline on the 24 chevrolet

He wears rainbow colors, he's a handsome fella

Standin in victory lane, with a gorgeous little wife

With a check in her hand sippin that gay champagne

Them Earnhardt fans up in the stands, all chokin on bread and spam

Say Gordon's gay every time he turns and hugs Ray Effernham

He's probably whistlin elton john or spammed al vale`

He's got them rainbow warriors singin YMCA

He's got 3 Winston Cup trophies sittin home on his trophy shelf

But I betchya he can't pick one up, at least not by himself

At least thats what the people who lose on Sunday always say

They swear he's usin' vasoline on the 24 chevrolet

And next year he'll drive the long pink cadillac for Mary Kay...

I figured I had throw this out there to all you Gordon fans.....Lighten up and have some fun, not like the way Gordon has his fun though. :wink: ...

On to the "Brickyard" this weekend......

Can't wait for it. Would love to see if Tony can do it as this is THE track for him to try to win on.....

http://www.optonline.net/Sports/Article/Feeds?CID=type%3Dxml%26channel%3D33%26article%3D15413124

Stewart Would Give Up All to Win at Indy

Tony Stewart isn't kidding when he says he'd trade every win and every trophy for just one victory at Indianapolis Motor Speedway. As a budding young racer growing up in Indiana, it was the only track that really mattered.

Now 34 years old, that hasn't changed for Stewart. He's won championships in sprint cars, stock cars and an open-wheel series, but he's never kissed the bricks at Indy. He's come plenty close in 14 appearances, winning two poles and leading tons of laps.

But he's always come up short in the end.

Indy, his shrine, is also Stewart's demon.

He would give anything to change that, and will try to again this Sunday in the Allstate 400 at the Brickyard.

"Take the one thing in your life that you're the most passionate about and you'll have a good understanding of what Indy means to me," he said. "If I could give away my championship and just get one win at Indy, I would do it in a heartbeat."

This season might be his best shot at ending his curse at Indy. He heads into the race on a roll, winning three of NASCAR's last five events. His team is clicking and the temperamental Stewart has never been more at peace.

Everyone around him attributes his relaxed approach this season to Stewart's decision to leave North Carolina and move back into the home he grew up in Columbus, Ind. There he's not a famous race car driver, he's just a regular guy in the community.

"The neighbors on both sides and across the street and behind me are all the same neighbors, they're just older now," he said. "They don't treat me any differently than they did when I was a kid. I'm still the kid who used to hit the baseball through their windows."

All grown up now, Stewart says he joined the Moose Lodge and the Eagles Lodge to gain a sense of community. He has keys to the neighbors' homes and can be counted on to take care of their pets. They all return the favor. Stewart now blends in at the local restaurants, goes unnoticed at Dairy Queen, and is just another guy out bowling with his buddies on a weeknight.

Everyone around him has noticed the calming effect it's had on Stewart.

"He's very comfortable in that element and that's probably the most important thing," crew chief Greg Zipadelli. "He's relaxed during the week. He doesn't get bothered by a lot of people and just gets to hang out with people who were friends with him before he got to where he is today."

But Zipadelli knows that when Stewart pulls into Indy for Friday's first practice, everything will probably change. The calmness will likely be gone and Stewart will be on edge, ready to snap at the slightest thing.

"You just know he's going to be at wit's end with people and with our guys and everything else because of the pressure and stress that he feels," Zipadelli said. "It's hard for me to understand."

That's just how it is with Indy and Stewart. The track always gets the best of him.

He's led a total of 122 laps in his five Indianapolis 500 starts, but never at the end. Mechanical failures ended his day twice, including the time his engine blew right after he took the lead in 1998.

The NASCAR races haven't been any smoother. He challenged for the win late in 2001, only to hit the wall as he raced for the lead. "I was just trying too hard," he said at the end.

He started from the pole in 2002 and led four times for 43 laps, but he faded at the end and finished 12th. Frustrated as he left the track, he punched a photographer in the lowest moment of his career.

He came back to challenge again in 2003, leading three times for 60 laps, but a slow final pit stop and a late caution combined to give him another 12th place finish.

His struggles don't yet rival the heartbreak that Michael Andretti has suffered at Indianapolis _ he failed in 21 years to score a win there as a driver. Stewart only has to look to Andretti's cruel breaks to feel better about his own shortcomings.

"No race track ever owes you anything. I've heard that from drivers, but Michael Andretti was the one who straightened a lot of people out on that one," Stewart said. "He said that all those years that he led laps at Indy 500s and didn't win _ it's a place that you have to earn victories. They're not given to you. Indy doesn't owe me anything."

© Copyright 2005 CSC Holdings, Inc.

#20 - Tony Stewart

On to the "Brickyard" this weekend......

Can't wait for it. Would love to see if Tony can do it as this is THE track for him to try to win on.....

http://www.optonline.net/Sports/Article/Feeds?CID=type%3Dxml%26channel%3D33%26article%3D15413124

Stewart Would Give Up All to Win at Indy

Tony Stewart isn't kidding when he says he'd trade every win and every trophy for just one victory at Indianapolis Motor Speedway. As a budding young racer growing up in Indiana, it was the only track that really mattered.

Now 34 years old, that hasn't changed for Stewart. He's won championships in sprint cars, stock cars and an open-wheel series, but he's never kissed the bricks at Indy. He's come plenty close in 14 appearances, winning two poles and leading tons of laps.

But he's always come up short in the end.

Indy, his shrine, is also Stewart's demon.

He would give anything to change that, and will try to again this Sunday in the Allstate 400 at the Brickyard.

"Take the one thing in your life that you're the most passionate about and you'll have a good understanding of what Indy means to me," he said. "If I could give away my championship and just get one win at Indy, I would do it in a heartbeat."

This season might be his best shot at ending his curse at Indy. He heads into the race on a roll, winning three of NASCAR's last five events. His team is clicking and the temperamental Stewart has never been more at peace.

Everyone around him attributes his relaxed approach this season to Stewart's decision to leave North Carolina and move back into the home he grew up in Columbus, Ind. There he's not a famous race car driver, he's just a regular guy in the community.

"The neighbors on both sides and across the street and behind me are all the same neighbors, they're just older now," he said. "They don't treat me any differently than they did when I was a kid. I'm still the kid who used to hit the baseball through their windows."

All grown up now, Stewart says he joined the Moose Lodge and the Eagles Lodge to gain a sense of community. He has keys to the neighbors' homes and can be counted on to take care of their pets. They all return the favor. Stewart now blends in at the local restaurants, goes unnoticed at Dairy Queen, and is just another guy out bowling with his buddies on a weeknight.

Everyone around him has noticed the calming effect it's had on Stewart.

"He's very comfortable in that element and that's probably the most important thing," crew chief Greg Zipadelli. "He's relaxed during the week. He doesn't get bothered by a lot of people and just gets to hang out with people who were friends with him before he got to where he is today."

But Zipadelli knows that when Stewart pulls into Indy for Friday's first practice, everything will probably change. The calmness will likely be gone and Stewart will be on edge, ready to snap at the slightest thing.

"You just know he's going to be at wit's end with people and with our guys and everything else because of the pressure and stress that he feels," Zipadelli said. "It's hard for me to understand."

That's just how it is with Indy and Stewart. The track always gets the best of him.

He's led a total of 122 laps in his five Indianapolis 500 starts, but never at the end. Mechanical failures ended his day twice, including the time his engine blew right after he took the lead in 1998.

The NASCAR races haven't been any smoother. He challenged for the win late in 2001, only to hit the wall as he raced for the lead. "I was just trying too hard," he said at the end.

He started from the pole in 2002 and led four times for 43 laps, but he faded at the end and finished 12th. Frustrated as he left the track, he punched a photographer in the lowest moment of his career.

He came back to challenge again in 2003, leading three times for 60 laps, but a slow final pit stop and a late caution combined to give him another 12th place finish.

His struggles don't yet rival the heartbreak that Michael Andretti has suffered at Indianapolis _ he failed in 21 years to score a win there as a driver. Stewart only has to look to Andretti's cruel breaks to feel better about his own shortcomings.

"No race track ever owes you anything. I've heard that from drivers, but Michael Andretti was the one who straightened a lot of people out on that one," Stewart said. "He said that all those years that he led laps at Indy 500s and didn't win _ it's a place that you have to earn victories. They're not given to you. Indy doesn't owe me anything."

© Copyright 2005 CSC Holdings, Inc.

#20 - Tony Stewart

"Smoke" Kisses The Bricks...

Tony Stewart did it. He won at the Brickyard . Took the points lead ( not that it means that much now anyway ) . He realized a dream of winning at Indy. 250,000 + fans chanting "Tony ,Tony, Tony" after his win . Going over to his hometown fans and acknowledging them FIRST. Then getting his chance to kiss the Yard of Bricks at Indianapolis. When it was his turn, he lined up on his knees, surrounded by his mother, father and sister. Holding hands, they leaned over together for the kiss, celebrating the years of sacrifice it took to get Stewart here. Just awesome .

Smoke is on one helluva roll. Won 4 out the last 6 with 6 top 5's..Not bad at all if I say so myself....

Poor Jr. , he probably won't make it to the so called "chase" . Ol' Gordo's not looking too good either for that. But at least didn't win this weekend. JJ took a hard hit and was out of the race. Kinda glad he wrecked out, but hope he is OK as he was transported to a local hospital for observations because of getting knocked out in the crash and not remembering he drove to his pit stall...I don't mind a few drivers I don't like wrecking, but I don't like them getting hurt....

Darrell

"Smoke" Kisses The Bricks...

Tony Stewart did it. He won at the Brickyard . Took the points lead ( not that it means that much now anyway ) . He realized a dream of winning at Indy. 250,000 + fans chanting "Tony ,Tony, Tony" after his win . Going over to his hometown fans and acknowledging them FIRST. Then getting his chance to kiss the Yard of Bricks at Indianapolis. When it was his turn, he lined up on his knees, surrounded by his mother, father and sister. Holding hands, they leaned over together for the kiss, celebrating the years of sacrifice it took to get Stewart here. Just awesome .

Smoke is on one helluva roll. Won 4 out the last 6 with 6 top 5's..Not bad at all if I say so myself....

Poor Jr. , he probably won't make it to the so called "chase" . Ol' Gordo's not looking too good either for that. But at least didn't win this weekend. JJ took a hard hit and was out of the race. Kinda glad he wrecked out, but hope he is OK as he was transported to a local hospital for observations because of getting knocked out in the crash and not remembering he drove to his pit stall...I don't mind a few drivers I don't like wrecking, but I don't like them getting hurt....

Darrell

Hate to say it as a harvick fan,but I think smoke is on his way to championship #2 Give it up for the 20 car cause i got no one else to pull for when it comes to the last 10. bummer bout junior at the bricks and to think skinner was cool with me when he was in the 31

1 3 8 15 29 31 and the powerball 07

Hate to say it as a harvick fan,but I think smoke is on his way to championship #2 Give it up for the 20 car cause i got no one else to pull for when it comes to the last 10. bummer bout junior at the bricks and to think skinner was cool with me when he was in the 31

1 3 8 15 29 31 and the powerball 07

What the HELL is the "Keebler Elf" thinking? Must be all about the almighty dollar. I mean to go from a championship team to another that is not, but a very close one though....

I have never been a fan of Kurt Busch, but I really did not want to see him in the #2 Miller Lite car....

http://www.thatsracin.com/mld/thatsracin/12340115.htm

Posted on Tue, Aug. 09, 2005

Kurt Busch to take over No. 2 car

Defending Nextel Cup champion will leave Roush Racing, perhaps as early as 2006

By DAVID POOLE and JIM UTTER

The Charlotte Observer and ThatsRacin.com

After a bolt from the stock-car blue Tuesday - news that reigning Nextel Cup champion Kurt Busch will leave Roush Racing after signing with Penske South - NASCAR fans now know which drivers will replace Rusty Wallace and Mark Martin.

They do not yet know when, however, Busch and Jamie McMurray will actually make the moves into two of the sport's top-tier rides.

Roush Racing sent out a one-paragraph statement just before noon (ET) Tuesday saying that Busch, who gave the team its second consecutive title in 2004 in the No. 97 Fords, had advised Roush that he's signed with another team for 2007.

"Kurt also requested a release from his contract for 2006," the statement said. "Due to sponsor and team considerations no decision on that request will be made for an indefinite period. Roush Racing will have no further comment at this time."

Two hours later, Penske South confirmed a multiyear deal with Busch, who will eventually go into the No. 2 Dodges that Wallace will vacate at the end of this season.

Mark Martin also had planned to retire from Nextel Cup after this year, and Roush has signed McMurray to replace him. But McMurray also has a year left on his contract with Chip Ganassi Racing, where he drives the No. 42 Dodges.

Ganassi officials have said they will hold McMurray to that contract. Martin said he will drive the No. 6 Fords for Roush until McMurray comes over, even if that means another full season in 2006.

So Roush Racing is now hoping Ganassi will release McMurray to come to Roush next year even as it must decide whether to release Busch to Penske, where Busch would become Ryan Newman's teammate.

"It is our hope that Kurt can be driving the No. 2 car next year," said Walter Czarnecki, president of Penske Racing. "But we understand and respect the fact that he has a contract for next year."

Czarnecki wouldn't discuss financial terms of Busch's contract, but sources told ThatsRacin.com the deal would make Busch one of the highest-paid drivers in NASCAR.

"Kurt is the sport's current champion and he has clearly matured as a person and as a driver," Czarnecki said. "Any time you have the opportunity to associate yourself with a person of his caliber you want to do that. He's at the top of his game."

Busch, who turned 27 last week, has won races at Phoenix and Pocono this season to give him 13 career victories in the Cup series, all with Roush Racing.

Whereas Martin has agreed to stay on at Roush if McMurray isn't released to replace him next year, no such plans for Wallace appear to be in the works.

Czarnecki said plans are for Miller Beer, the longtime sponsor of the No. 2 car, to be back on it next year. Sources, in fact, say that Miller and Penske are close to announcing a long-term deal. If Penske puts another driver in the car for 2006, the sponsor's payment would be tied to the team's performance for that season only.