hazzard night mare!

dukefan

:cry: ,this is getting out of hand,hazzard is being disfaced!

All this talk about sex ,drugs and profanity language is so outragious.When did tarnishing the dukes of hazzard become the topic of this forum???

Our opinions are suppose to be about the new movie,not trashing the original t.v. series,this is so wrong!

In our childhood, we couldn't wait to sit in front of the tube and watch the dukes of hazzard! As adults,we still get a kick out of it! Someone in here said,the dukes didn't own the show,they were only actors,only actors????

That was a low blow,all dukes fans know that the original cast made the show,and the general lee was the biggest star of all!

Sure we all have mixed feeling about the new movie,and would like the original cast in it,and i was the first to trash the movie to hell,but I was wrong to do that!

Giving the movie a chance is what i decided to do,'cause I figure the new cast are fans too,and this is their chance to act out their fav show on the big screen!

Rumours fly,but you all know that warner brothers ain't gona have profanity and such in the movie. When wb review their take of the movie,they will make it familly oriented at any cost!

It don't need to be filled with lust,drugs and lesbians, so you really think wb is that idiotic????

Leave our found memory of the dukes be unscared,and give the new movie a go,then decide!

As for the comment on uncle jessie and diversity,he would never accept profanity or sex or drugs at all, he was the back bone of all the show,so stop making him who he wasn't,and remember him as the kindest soul around!

Rememeber always what he said: "we may not be rich in worldly good,but we got familly,and that's what counts" and " a stranger is a friend we never met" ,finally," once a friend of a duke,you're a friend for life"!

wonder where all this come from>>>look into the forum:"ben jones hates the scipt">>>something like that!

the you'll understand why i wrote this forum! :(

There's no telling what the actual movie will have in it. Scripts get redone, scenes get cut. Tho' it's unrealistic to expect that WB will not include todays' brand of humor in this movie.

Anyone who saw the movie version of "Starsky & Hutch" this last year, knows just how far from the original these things can go.

I rented "Super Troopers" recently because it's by the same director who's involved with the Dukes movie. It didn't fill me with optimisim.

I'd recommend you rent and watch both of the above movies, to be fully prepared for what the Dukes movie could be like.

And then - after yer coronary - remember that they can do crazy stuff with the new movie, but the original series will always remain. (And the original series only has episodes like "Strange Visitor to Hazzard" and "Robot P. Coltrane" to live down.)

So, no worries.

Brian

Let's keep in mind who is making this movie and who is in it....a guy from Jackass....Stiffler from American pie.....bimbo Jessica Simpson....the people making this movie made super troopers and club dread ( both teenage/20 somthing movies). The fact is, it may be a complete stupid movie like any other one made for teens, with sex, drugs, groinal injuries, etc....

But all i have to say...is ill be waiting for the first show in my local theater and i will buy a poster for my room and i will buy the dvd once it comes out.

Good times!!

I do agree Super Troopers sucked so that is one of the reasons I am not high on this movie but maybe he (the director) will surprise us and do something decent, well I hope so anyhow. I am going to give the movie a chance and in 5 months when i see it I will give my opinion on it as well as a note to Warner Brothers (good or bad). I said in a post on antoher topic that there could have been better people casted for the roles of this movie, I stick by that 100% but we have to live with what we got for the cast in the movie.

Thanks,

Hazzard Fanatic

I think a lot of us have posted what Dukefan wrote to start this thread. We are all going to have different ideas on what this movie should be like and who should be in it.

Sure we can poke a little fun at certain things of the original series, Brian nailed it with the episodes. But that was only a select few out of 5 years worth . The movie , unfortunately, has only one shot right now. I have said this alot, we will just have to wait and see what the final product is. Somehow it may work in a different way than what we expected.

Maybe our own expectations as DOH fans was set too high based on the show. The characters we grew up on for 5 years watching them over and over and the actors developing their characters. That is what we got used to and based that upon. The cast might work very well together. WE don't know yet.

In a few short months we will find out.....

Darrell

• 4 weeks later...

I agree with all of you guys on this. CMT has posted record numbers for airing The Dukes of Hazzard and the Inside Fame: "The Dukes of Hazzard" special. With original episodes of the Dukes now airing in the U.S. again, there is now going to be even more pressure for the new movie to even come close to stacking up to the original series. Once again, the original series is gaining popularity with an new generation who think that it's a brand new show. My 6 and 4 year-old cousins absolutely love it and can't wait to watch it every evening. It's just good family-oriented television.

I keep hearing that the new Dukes movie was made with "Smokey and the Bandit" in mind. Well, if that's the case, why didn't they just remake "Smokey and the Bandit"? Nontheless, I'm still trying to reamin optimistic in regards to the new movie. Seeing the General Lee on the big-screen is going to be awesome and from what I hear, the stunts just might be the best on-screen car stunts performed in quite sometime. The General Lee is going to definately outshine everyone else in the new movie. Take it easy!

GADuke01

It is not that we doubt the power of seeing the General Lee on the big screen. We are all more than a bit upset over what seems to be the loss of the rest of it. This was not a show about a car. (even though it is the best of all time!) This was a show about a family from, in , and proud of the south. And that was at the core of it all. From all account it is this core that is getting ripped out of it. That is what we are upset about.

I don't know much about the movie as I'm in Australia and the best news we get is what you guys say on these websites. I do know though that I have a pet hate for good original tv shows, movies AND music being remade into a whole lot of rubbish. As far as the Dukes movie goes, I think it's wrong to do a movie now after they've already done a reunion movie with the original cast members. Had they done this movie before that, it may have been a different outcome. And it would be dreadful to have the new movie with today's language and violence and all that in it considering the storyline of the original tv series. In my opinion, nothing will ever replace the original of ANYTHING! :evil:

I do agree Super Troopers sucked so that is one of the reasons I am not high on this movie but maybe he (the director) will surprise us and do something decent, well I hope so anyhow. I am going to give the movie a chance and in 5 months when i see it I will give my opinion on it as well as a note to Warner Brothers (good or bad). I said in a post on antoher topic that there could have been better people casted for the roles of this movie, I stick by that 100% but we have to live with what we got for the cast in the movie.

Thanks,

Hazzard Fanatic

i love the dukes of hazzard, have loved the general all my life. this is my first post, and the reason i'm making it, is because i take issue with trashing of broken lizard. you can say jess simpson cant act, or stifler is too short ot play bo. but you cant call her a "bimbo" and stifler is a huge dukes fan who is getting to have the time of his life.

if you did watch super troopers, one thing you should've noticed is the car chase scenes. the second i saw that movie, the first thing i thought of was the dukes of hazzard. if that movie sucked like you say it does, i gaurantee you that jay and the rest of the boys would not have made club dread, nor would they have gotten to make the dukes. fact is, the lizard was the only reviving quality to this movie. i am 26 yrs old, i love broken lizard, i do not take drugs, been married for two years and have a little baby girl. i watch the dukes every night on cmt, and i love broken lizard.

jess simpson is beautiful, stifler and johnny are funny, they're being directed by a guy who knows how to make a car chase scene look good, and has a body of work that shows his ability to direct funny movies, what is the problem? we get to see that 69 charger on the big screen!!!!

i love the old cast and the memories i have watching them. cat was a beautiful woman(who also could not act) and you will never be able to replace roscoe p. but those days are gone. the movie going audience IS different, and there is no way you can make a major motion picture off of a car. june 24 is going to be a great day, and you should be excited and have that day marked on your calendar. the remake of "bewithched" will premiere on that weekend aswell, and to ensure a duke sequel, we duke fans have to show out in force just like when the show premiered on cmt.

come on guys, the dukes of hazzard movie is only a couple of months away and the the siliness that is being discussed on this board is just plain dumb. the old cast will only benefit from the exposure of the duke movie, and i'll be able to show it to my daughter, and not have her call it stupid and not watch it.

broken lizard will make this movie a "macho" car movie and that is the only way it could be done, and thats a fact. there is no other direction you could go with the tv series. its going to be fun and awesome to see. their going to jump the general in every other scene, and jessica simpson in a bikini is worth the price of admission alone.

so mark your calender, be the first in line, buy your ticket, buy your popcorn, watch the movie, let go of the "old" cast, and enjoying the movie.....

and dont forget buy yourself a liter of cola :lol:

Thanks,

Hazzard Fanatic

my wife says you should watch super troopers again. it took her watching it two times to get the jokes......

the snozeberries taste like snozeberries :lol:

I have said this before and I will keep up till I am dead or banned....DOH was not just about a car. IT was family entertainment! On a whole, we DOH fans are mostly worried about the heart of the show being torn out. I mean, come on Johnny Knxville is not exactly family friendly. He became famous not because of talent, but from being a moron!!! DOH is NOT Smokey and the Bandit. THat is the big worry here, bub.

I have said this before and I will keep up till I am dead or banned....DOH was not just about a car. IT was family entertainment! On a whole, we DOH fans are mostly worried about the heart of the show being torn out. I mean, come on Johnny Knxville is not exactly family friendly. He became famous not because of talent, but from being a moron!!! DOH is NOT Smokey and the Bandit. THat is the big worry here, bub.

how was the dukes family entertainment??? its ok to show cat in a bikini, but not jessica simpson? this is 2005, not 1982. the dukes was inspired by smokey and the bandit, so to put that show down or say the dukes wasnt a complete rip off of it is just plain silly. bub

We ar talking about the foul language, the bum actors, and the heart of the show seem to be missing, bub. The heart was that it is family entertainment. I watch that show without worry of my children seeing anything they should not. (Just as my folks did durrin the first run) The fact that the show was about being from the south, being proud of that, and showing good wholesome family enviroment was something mentioned by most of the cast and producers during many a reunion.

And...

DOH might have been inspired by the success of Smokey and the Bandit, but a "complete ripoff"?! Son, you need your memory checked. This movie may endeed "rock" for you, but I guess that is just the generation gap showing there. I still believe something can be funny without the language going to heck. But as the man says...Foul language is the crutch of a weak mind.

We ar talking about the foul language, the bum actors, and the heart of the show seem to be missing, bub. The heart was that it is family entertainment. I watch that show without worry of my children seeing anything they should not. (Just as my folks did durrin the first run) The fact that the show was about being from the south, being proud of that, and showing good wholesome family enviroment was something mentioned by most of the cast and producers during many a reunion.

And...

DOH might have been inspired by the success of Smokey and the Bandit, but a "complete ripoff"?! Son, you need your memory checked. This movie may endeed "rock" for you, but I guess that is just the generation gap showing there. I still believe something can be funny without the language going to heck. But as the man says...Foul language is the crutch of a weak mind.

i disagree that it (DOH) was as "good and wholesome" as you make it out to be. Bo and Luke are shirtless in just about every episode, and daisy really challenges the "wholesome" border. your main gripe with the movie is curse words? WB is makinga PG-13 movie, so your fears should be put to rest by that. Jessica Simpson will be wearing the same out fits as daisy, so your gripes are baseless.

so you dont like the cast? who would have been better. i'm not the biggest fan of the casting in the movie. but for the life of me, i cant think of any "better" choices. just different choices, but you have to remember that we did not see the audition tapes, we dont know what Warner Brothers set as the guidelines for the casting of the movie. there is alot that goes into a movie like this and a movie like this can only go so far. starksy and hutch was a good example of that in the sense that it didnt completely suck. other remakes of tv shows have been horrible. WB needs a hit, and it needs one badly. they need a franchise to take off so they can make sequels and somewhat get it back into play.

you refered to a generation gap in your post. have you seen or been to a movie recently? hollywood makes movies for people that goes to movies. which is why there are so many freakin kids movies out today. whens the last time you've seen a heavily advertised R-rated movie?

so are you boycotting the movie?

Bo and Luke were shirtless in "most" ?!?! That is a bit of an exageration...in the same way that an ostrich is a T-Rex. (Simmilar DNA, but that is it!) The Dukes were shirtless a few times n a few episodes.

My main gripe is not the language (it's up there, but not it) My WORRY is that the heart of the show will not be taken into consideration. Being from a small sothern town does not make you an idiot, or unkept. You need to go back and watch some more DOH causwe how can you NOT see the wholesome lessons taught in each show. Uncle JEssie was the rock of Christian values. In the frist episode, when dasy gets arrested Uncle JEssie tells Bo and Luke to get her out. She is family and thats that. DOH taught people (and reminded others) to do what was right at all costs.

Will I go see the movie? Yeah, I am not saying thta it WILL suck, I am hoping that it will not. But I am seeing a lot that does worry me.

• 1 month later...

My only brawl is with that bimbo Simpson. She's too short for the Daisy part and SERIOUSLY needs to dye her hair. That gutter trash wouldn't even be known if not for her stupid show with her cat-faced husband. And Burt Reynolds is too skinny for Boss's part. Willy Nelson is playing the opening, so my only fears left are the director and Balladeer. Who's it gonna be?

Ok... I just watched the trailer and I'm officially scared! Note I did watch Supper Toopers, I thought it was funny but it wasn't what I would want for Dukes of Hazzard. There are other movie companies that can put on good car stunts and do a better job for Dukes of Hazzard. Who did Gone in 60 seconds with Nick Cage? I mean... there has to be people out there who could have done a better job. The only thing that made me feel like it was close to the orginal was the intro with the car stunts. The rest did nothing for me. I didn't even feel like it was Dukes of Hazzard. Bo and Luke as Japanese doctors! COME ON! Even Bo and Luke were smarter than that! Daisy was on the edge at times but not down right scandless! Enos would tell Daisy anything at the drop of the words 'Howdy Enos'.

I will go to the movie because I have a free ticket. I will not buy popcorn, or soda or any kind of merchandise that would otherwise benefit the producers, actors or ect. of that flim. I will continue to buy Dukes of Hazzard items but nothing that has to do with that movie.

Val Strate's author....