hazzard night mare!

dukefan

The Dukes are what is good about being a down home family based guy. We can battle the system and also respect the law,we look out for kin and always keep our words. The dukes made being a little backwoods great and this movie is a slap in the face. The cesspool of hollywood has already ruined the look of the Dukes. And i deffinitally cant stand the thought of all of those city ass kids waring duke shirts and pretending to be fans. RIP duke memories bc mainstream usa is about to shatter you

Yours always-The 3rd Duke

broken lizard will make this movie a "macho" car movie and that is the only way it could be done, and thats a fact. there is no other direction you could go with the tv series. its going to be fun and awesome to see. their going to jump the general in every other scene, and jessica simpson in a bikini is worth the price of admission alone.

The car will save the movie, it will be it's only saving grace. As far as this being a "macho" movie, that depends on the definition. If that means it will be chauvenistic and "dirty," then perhaps, but I think "neutered" or "compensting for a shortcoming" when I see those kinds of things. What set the series above all else was that it had great action and the whole Good vs. Evil battle, but they did so with their roots grounded in decency and integrity. If that's what you meant by "macho," then I have to agree with you.

And Jessica Simpson is ugly with or without a bikini, unless it's covering her face. One word, Jessica...rhinoplasty.

• 2 weeks later...

I've come to terms with Simpson. She's hot, but still no Cathy Bach. I'm more concerned of Boss Toothpick. Who cares if Burt Reynolds was the Bandit? He's too skinny and too tall. It doesn't fit the pun on the name HOGG.

BTW; with how bad the movie looks, how much you want to bet the Balladeer's Chris Rock or Ah-nuld?

Rock:

Them Duke crackas is drivin' through Hazzard

Whoa, the $#!) I'd to to that b**** Daisy!

Wha- WHAT IS THAT ON THE ROOF OF THAT CAR?!

GET THAT OFF!

#$%^ this! I'm outta here!

Kinda scares you, huh?

Hey, didja see who's playing Enos? Looks like someone Dawn of the Dead turned down for a zombie role to a "no-professionals" policy.

• 1 month later...
The only thing [in the trailer] that made me feel like it was close to the orginal was the intro with the car stunts. The rest did nothing for me. I didn't even feel like it was Dukes of Hazzard. Bo and Luke as Japanese doctors! COME ON! Even Bo and Luke were smarter than that!

I will go to the movie because I have a free ticket.

Val hit it right on the head. The opening of the trailer (with the "01" style countdown and strobelight car chase clips) was great. Got me real jazzed. But the rest was bad. After I saw it for the first time I was left with sort of an empty feeling.

The only thing in the entire trailer that even resembled "The Dukes" was the car. Absolutely none of the cast looked like they fit their respective roles.

The scenes with Bo and Luke interacting with the sorority girls and the lab worker seemed as if they were pulled directly from an American Pie sequel. These scenes, and Daisy's "undercarriage" joke at the very end, pretty much summed up the tone of the movie's humor. Teenage. Juvenile.

Although it's a complete waste of time, here were a few names I had entertained as cast choices:

Bo: Paul Walker (despite the apparent disdain for him here)

Luke: Tom Welling

Daisy: Piper Perabo, Rachel McAdams

Uncle Jesse: Charlie Daniels

The Balladeer/Theme Song Singer: Toby Keith, Charlie Daniels

The only thing [in the trailer] that made me feel like it was close to the orginal was the intro with the car stunts. The rest did nothing for me. I didn't even feel like it was Dukes of Hazzard. Bo and Luke as Japanese doctors! COME ON! Even Bo and Luke were smarter than that!

I will go to the movie because I have a free ticket.

Val hit it right on the head. The opening of the trailer (with the "01" style countdown and strobelight car chase clips) was great. Got me real jazzed. But the rest was bad. After I saw it for the first time I was left with sort of an empty feeling.

The only thing in the entire trailer that even resembled "The Dukes" was the car. Absolutely none of the cast looked like they fit their respective roles.

The scenes with Bo and Luke interacting with the sorority girls and the lab worker seemed as if they were pulled directly from an American Pie sequel. These scenes, and Daisy's "undercarriage" joke at the very end, pretty much summed up the tone of the movie's humor. Teenage. Juvenile.

Although it's a complete waste of time, here were a few names I had entertained as cast choices:

Bo: Paul Walker (despite the apparent disdain for him here)

Luke: Tom Welling

Daisy: Piper Perabo, Rachel McAdams

Uncle Jesse: Charlie Daniels

The Balladeer/Theme Song Singer: Toby Keith, Charlie Daniels

• 1 month later...

Modern day robin hood,love that pic,now that would've been a better choice for the three causins!

a Familiar driving face behind the wheel from "Fast and the furious",would have been awsome turn out of events!

As I said in the other threads,the movie itself was very intertaining,and seing the General Lee roaring at night (at cooter's),was a delightfull scene for sure!

Burt Reynolds,didn't make a good boss hogg,it's like he was trying to be southern,maybe they all need to watch the re-runs of the dukes as many times as we have to completely understand the feeling of being true dukes!

The swearing really burnt my lilly,and Jessie telling jokes and being high at the end really burnt my ass!

The driving sequals was all that really saved this movie,and although I found the dukes to be humourous,there was way too much changes from the original!

This thing about the flag really bugs me,who cares what's on the roof,anybody who is anybody,knows that this is part of the General Lee's heritage,leave it alone!

The only caracter that even came close to the original dukes of hazzard,was cooter!

So why in heck couln't they have done the same with the rest of the cast!

Bo and luke not shaven,come on,please!!!!Thin boss hogg and no giggling sherif,puke my guts out!

Look at the movie;"Beverely hillbillies",the cast was as close as they could be to the origonal and it was based the same as the t.v. series,and it was funny as ole heck!Did y'all see it????

They could've have used the same idea with the same cast and with the same plot for "The Dukes Of Hazzard" as they done for "The beverely hillbillies"

That's all i have to say about that!!