Super Bowl picks

RogerDuke

I am now hoping for a 49ers vs Patriots Super Bowl game...LOL.

(Only because Jeff Gordon likes the 49ers .

You're living in a fantasy world. You need to get more in touch with reality. Jeff Gordon IS NOT REAL. He's simply an actor who plays a NASCAR driver on TV. The Duke family IS REAL. They live in Hazzard County Georgia and the nearest big city to them is Atlanta so they'll be rooting for the Falcons.....and so should you!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're living in a fantasy world. You need to get more in touch with reality. Jeff Gordon IS NOT REAL. He's simply an actor who plays a NASCAR driver on TV. The Duke family IS REAL. They live in Hazzard County Georgia and the nearest big city to them is Atlanta so they'll be rooting for the Falcons.....and so should you!

:-o The Dukes is real? There is a Hazzard Georgia? That's it I am putting my papers in tomorrow morning, packing the car, and moving! Moving to Hazzard GA that is...gotta be better than this freezing cold place I am stuck in. Plus we all know how Hazzard loves happy endings...Bo and Luke Duke. Uncle Jesse. The General Lee! Hazzard has gotta be the best place on earth!

Though I don't know about Gordon just being some actor playing a NASCAR driver...that part in your post is depressing and just plain wrong.

So since that is wrong then that also has to mean your whole ordeal about the Dukes being real is wrong too. Meaning I shouldn't be packing up and moving afterall... :-o

Sorry to disappoint y'all...but gotta go for the 49ers and the Patriots for my above reasons. Though I guess it could be the 49ers against the Falcons...

Forget football already...my Bears are outta the hunt anyway. 40 more days til Daytona 500 and the beginning of the 2013 NASCAR season...that's what really counts now! :rofl:

I finally got to watch the Seattle/Falcons game on DVR. It was SO wrong that the Falcons kicked it after time out was called, essentially getting a practice kick. We rewound it several times and whistles were blown well before the snap. Far enough before the snap that the center never should have snapped it. Everyone on the line was already standing up and refs were waving their hands, but they snapped it anyway and the kicker kicked, knowing the play was already called off. I don't agree with icing the kicker, it rarely works, but the Falcons shouldn't have gotten a free kick.

Honestly, I think the worst play call was when Pete Carroll went for it on 4th down instead of kicking a field goal. They would have won if he'd done that. Seahawks should have won this game. They beat themselves.

I finally got to watch the Seattle/Falcons game on DVR. It was SO wrong that the Falcons kicked it after time out was called, essentially getting a practice kick. We rewound it several times and whistles were blown well before the snap. Far enough before the snap that the center never should have snapped it. .

It seems like that happens a lot. I wouldn't be surprised if the league tries to do something to stop it during the off season. Of course any rule they make will be controversial since this is a tough problem to solve. Maybe delay of game or unsportsmanlike conduct should have been called.

I was thinking of you while watching this game MM. Actually I only saw the final quarter. I feel bad for you. That was a tough loss. The good news for you MM is that Seattle has a bright future according to a lot of experts.

It seems like that happens a lot. I wouldn't be surprised if the league tries to do something to stop it during the off season. Of course any rule they make will be controversial since this is a tough problem to solve. Maybe delay of game or unsportsmanlike conduct should have been called.

I was thinking of you while watching this game MM. Actually I only saw the final quarter. I feel bad for you. That was a tough loss. The good news for you MM is that Seattle has a bright future according to a lot of experts.

I'm looking forward to next season. Very high hopes because we have a really good team.

I agree there should be unsportsmanlike conduct or delay of game called for that. I mean, a hit after the play is called dead is penalized. If they can call unsportsmanlike conduct for excessive celebration or removing a helmet on the field, they should be able to call it for taking unfair advantage by getting a free kick. That's neither here nor there, though, because Seattle should have won it, should have gone for the field goal instead of going for it on 4th down.

Sorry Roger...your Falcons musta fell behind my 49ers. 49ers now going to the Super Bowl! 49ers 28 - Falcons 24.

Now all we got to see is who wins the Patriots and Ravens game. ;)

After trailing 0-17 the 49ers went on a 28-7 run. Pretty impressive. I'm not very happy. If the Ravens beat the Patriots I won't even watch the Super Bowl since I'd want both teams to lose and it wouldn't be any fun for me. I just might watch 4 episodes of Dukes instead.

After trailing 0-17 the 49ers went on a 28-7 run. Pretty impressive. I'm not very happy. If the Ravens beat the Patriots I won't even watch the Super Bowl since I'd want both teams to lose and it wouldn't be any fun for me. I just might watch 4 episodes of Dukes instead.

So far the Patriots are winning by six points (at half time)...I am really hoping for a 49ers and patriots Super Bowl game. Got half my wish ... now working on the other half. ;)

We already have a winner of the Super Bowl Contest two weeks before it's going to be played.

(We're way ahead of our time here on the HazzardNet)

The original pickes were....

Meadowmufn....Seahawks over Broncos

Roger.....Falcons over Texans

Garrett....49ers over Broncos

Since the 49ers are the only team left I declare Garrett the winner...

Now on to the next contest....pick the Super Bowl winner between the 49ers and Ravens (obviousely there might be more than one winner) You didn't have to play in the first contest to play in this one.

I want both teams to lose but since that can't happen I'm picking the Ravens.

Edited by RogerDuke

We already have a winner of the Super Bowl Contest two weeks before it's going to be played.

(We're way ahead of our time here on the HazzardNet)

The original pickes were....

Meadowmufn....Seahawks over Broncos

Roger.....Falcons over Texans

Garrett....49ers over Broncos

Since the 49ers are the only team left I declare Garrett the winner...

Now on to the next contest....pick the Super Bowl winner between the 49ers and Ravens (obviousely there might be more than one winner) You didn't have to play in the first contest to play in this one.

I want both teams to lose but since that can't happen I'm picking the Ravens.

Woo Hoo! I won, I won! :D Now what did I win? ;) Just kidding...

Well the 49ers have yet to fail me this post season so I am going to go with the 49ers to win the Super Bowl this year!

Wow Roger...you just always have to go for the opposite team than me. Now don't you? Well I guess we will have to wait a couple of weeks just to see who has picked the better team. :popcorn:

LET'S GO 49ERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow Roger...you just always have to go for the opposite team than me. Now don't you?

]

We've been pretty competitive against each other for about three years now. I suppose it's because we've been doing fantasy sports together for that long. Agreeing with you is boring....besides, I think folks here like seeing us fight. Hazzard folks are a competitive bunch you know.

We've been pretty competitive against each other for about three years now. I suppose it's because we've been doing fantasy sports together for that long. Agreeing with you is boring....besides, I think folks here like seeing us fight. Hazzard folks are a competitive bunch you know.

And it has been a fun three years at that. ;) Guess if you like sports you must have some competition in ya. LOL

Well we'll have to see who will win this one...

GO 49ers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There's still a few hours to get a pick in there. Even if you don't know anything about football you still have a 50-50 chance of being a winner.

Meadowmufn....Ravens

Garrett....49ers

Roger.....Ravens

Well we are only in the third quarter and in delay due to the lights and all...but so far I am LOSING big time. Guess there is always hope for a huge comeback... ;)

Well we are only in the third quarter and in delay due to the lights and all...but so far I am LOSING big time. Guess there is always hope for a huge comeback... ;)

The Ravens are leading 28-6 but I wouldn't count out the 49ers yet. The biggest concern for the niners is that their young quarterback may have bit off more than he can chew. He seems to be a little rattled but this delay might benefit him and give him time to get his head together. Still, he has his work cut out for him if he wants to win this game.

It will be interesting to see what happens if it goes out again. I'm not sure if it's a factor or not but the stadium was built between 1971 and 1975. The electrical system might need updated.

It's getting ready to start again after over a half hour.