Bo and Luke's knives

On 4/12/2023 at 12:26 AM, Skipper Duke said:

Did Coy & Vance use all the same brand knives that Bo & Luke did?

I can't remember any scenes off hand of Coy and Vance using their knives. But, from the pictures I've looked at they are using Buck Knives sheaths.

Buck for the most part, has always supplied a black leather sheath for the 110's and the 112"s and various others. But throughout the 70's and for the majority of the 80's Buck used a silver/nickle closure snap on their 110 and 112 sheaths. Unlike today, they use a bronze snap.

Coy and Vance's sheaths are black with a silver snap, and are in the same design as Buck's. So I would say it would be safe to say that they as well used the same knives as Bo and Luke.

Other knives from companies like Schrade and Case from that era, usually offered their knives that are of a similar design to Buck's in a brown leather sheath with a different patterning layout.

Hope this helps some

24 minutes ago, MoonRunner-01 said:

I can't remember any scenes off hand of Coy and Vance using their knives. But, from the pictures I've looked at they are using Buck Knives sheaths.

Buck for the most part, has always supplied a black leather sheath for the 110's and the 112"s and various others. But throughout the 70's and for the majority of the 80's Buck used a silver/nickle closure snap on their 110 and 112 sheaths. Unlike today, they use a bronze snap.

Coy and Vance's sheaths are black with a silver snap, and are in the same design as Buck's. So I would say it would be safe to say that they as well used the same knives as Bo and Luke.

Other knives from companies like Schrade and Case from that era, usually offered their knives that are of a similar design to Buck's in a brown leather sheath with a different patterning layout.

Hope this helps some

Cousin MoonRunner-01 Thanks! :)

2 hours ago, MoonRunner-01 said:

Hope this helps some

I have a knife called the Buck General. I'm pretty sure they don't make them anymore and pretty sure it was the longest knife they made in the 80s. Does that sound right?

18 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

I have a knife called the Buck General. I'm pretty sure they don't make them anymore and pretty sure it was the longest knife they made in the 80s. Does that sound right?

If your talking about the Buck 120 General, as far as I know that was the longest fixed blade style knife Buck made. A very close runner up would be the Buck 124 frontiersman. If it is the model 120 General, I believe buck still make em. I might have to get me one, I have it's little brother. The Buck 119 Special.

On 4/14/2023 at 7:30 PM, MoonRunner-01 said:

If your talking about the Buck 120 General, as far as I know that was the longest fixed blade style knife Buck made. A very close runner up would be the Buck 124 frontiersman. If it is the model 120 General, I believe buck still make em. I might have to get me one, I have it's little brother. The Buck 119 Special.

You sure know your knives. You are right. It is the 120. 

• 6 months later...