2011 Sprint Cup race reviews and results

Garrett Duke

The Sprint Cup will be racing at Kentucky for the first time while the Nationwide Series is currently racing there now. Kyle Busch won the truck series there and now will be starting first at the pole due to the qualifying run being rained out...Kentucky better get the rain over with by tomorrow. :)

Kentucky is a mile and a half tri-oval shaped track. They will be racing Saturday night at 7:30 on TNT. :) Am looking forward to seeing what Kentucky is all about...plus missing Daytona last weekend, I am going through NASCAR withdrawl...:rofl::popcorn:

The Sprint Cup will be racing at Kentucky for the first time while the Nationwide Series is currently racing there now. Kyle Busch won the truck series there and now will be starting first at the pole due to the qualifying run being rained out...Kentucky better get the rain over with by tomorrow. :)

Kentucky is a mile and a half tri-oval shaped track. They will be racing Saturday night at 6:30 ET on TNT. :) Am looking forward to seeing what Kentucky is all about...plus missing Daytona last weekend, I am going through NASCAR withdrawl...:rofl::popcorn:

Kentucky is a mile and a half tri-oval shaped track. They will be racing Saturday night at 6:30 ET on TNT. :) Am looking forward to seeing what Kentucky is all about...plus missing Daytona last weekend, I am going through NASCAR withdrawl...:rofl::popcorn:

Sorry for the double post...meant to fix the times of the race. NASCAR.com has the time at 6:30 ET...not 7:30 as I first posted.

Kyle Busch won the inaugral race at Kentucky after leading the most laps. Keselowski led a lot of laps as well.

Not a whole lot really happened...Gordon and a lot of other good drivers were a lap down at one point and ended up finishing in the top half. Gordon finished eleventh...was tenth until a lap to go. Oh well. Better than 24th where he hung out for most of the race.

Final green flag pit stop, Jr went in and only got gas only for his tire to explode once he got on the track.

1. Kyle Busch

2. David Reutimann

3. Jimmie Johnson

4. Ryan Newman

5. Carl Edwards

6. Matt Kenseth

7. Brad Keselowski

8. David Ragen

9. Kurt Busch

10. Denny Hamlin

11. Jeff Gordon

Kyle Busch won the inaugral race at Kentucky after leading the most laps. Keselowski led a lot of laps as well.

Not a whole lot really happened...Gordon and a lot of other good drivers were a lap down at one point and ended up finishing in the top half. Gordon finished eleventh...was tenth until a lap to go. Oh well. Better than 24th where he hung out for most of the race.

Final green flag pit stop, Jr went in and only got gas only for his tire to explode once he got on the track.

1. Kyle Busch

2. David Reutimann

3. Jimmie Johnson

4. Ryan Newman

5. Carl Edwards

6. Matt Kenseth

7. Brad Keselowski

8. David Ragen

9. Kurt Busch

10. Denny Hamlin

11. Jeff Gordon

CORRECTION: Jeff Gordon finishes tenth and Denny Hamlin finishes eleventh today. I was going by NASCAR.com at first and then went to my facebook account where I get Gordon updates and Gordon stated that there was a correction that he finished tenth and not eleventh...took awhile for NASCAR.com to change it, but they finally did.

Being a Gordon fan...am very grateful for a top ten finish. May only be one position, but now I can say Gordon got a top ten finish. :)

Thanks for the update Garrett. This was a baseball weekend for me so I didn't see any NASCAR. I did see a story about the 20,000 people in Kentucky who couldn't get in because there wasn't enough parking. They still don't know if they're going to get their tickets refunded.

I might be a redneck who only has a high school diploma but I'm smart enough to consider if I have enough parking spots when I'm having a party at my house. You would think that one of those college educated NASCAR administrators would have been smart enough to count the parking spots beforehand. I'd be furious if I missed the race because someone who gets paid a 6 figure salary can't count.

Thanks for the update Garrett. This was a baseball weekend for me so I didn't see any NASCAR. I did see a story about the 20,000 people in Kentucky who couldn't get in because there wasn't enough parking. They still don't know if they're going to get their tickets refunded.

I might be a redneck who only has a high school diploma but I'm smart enough to consider if I have enough parking spots when I'm having a party at my house. You would think that one of those college educated NASCAR administrators would have been smart enough to count the parking spots beforehand. I'd be furious if I missed the race because someone who gets paid a 6 figure salary can't count.

Wow...I'd be furious too! Though I'd be dang determined to find a parking spot, even if I had to walk five miles in order to get to the track. Seems like I remember there was a pro football game or something like that who sold more tickets than they had seats...don't quote me, but it seems familiar. Like last year or so. That would be horrible to pay all that money and not be able to get in due to parking. Hopefully they get refunded or get tickets to the next race at Kentucky...can't imagine how upset they are.

Ironically, I was on NASCAR.com on another window while reading this and came across this article about what you are talking about. NASCAR.com article.

That has got to be so frustrating for NASCAR and it's fans. Hopefully France will see fit to force Kentucky to solve their problem. Sure it will keep a lot of those fans from returning next year. Know I'd have second thoughts about going knowing I may face the same problem...

Well I was out of town this past weekend so my racing kinda got messed up, but don't worry, I watched or listened to all of it. Plus I got to watch most of the truck racing in Iowa as well. Don't normally get to watch it. Watched all but the last sixty laps...I know, I know the most important part of the race, but when your ride is leaving, you either got to leave with it or get left behind. So I had to leave. There was a scary accident in the truck series where Justin Marks slid across the track and plowed into the inner pit road wall that is all cement. Caved the wall in a foot and a half. He got out and instantly doubled over. Got up, walked a little bit before the officials caught him before falling. He was taken to the hospital and the race was red flagged for twenty minutes. Guess Marks is ok according ot his wife. Still had tests to be done last I heard, but all looked to be OK. Austin Dillion led most of the laps - was in a race of his own, until with sixty laps to go they had a caution and he went in and his crew sent him back eight spots. Matt Crafton went onto win and Dillion who had it won came in second. Very sad to see him lose it that way and so close...

Anyway, now onto the Sprint Series...LOL. They raced in Loudon New Hampshire. Ryan Newman had the pole with the fastest qualifying lap ever made and was followed by his boss, Tony Stewart. I only watched the first hundred out of three hundred laps before we headed back home...but don't worry, I caught most of the rest of it on the radio. If there's a will, there's a way, right? ;)

Jimmie Johnson started way in the back and for most of the race, stayed back there. Must have gotten frustrated because at one point towards the start of the race, he shoved Kyle Busch out of the way - almost turning him. NOt usually his style of racing. Kyle Busch was in the back...which is not normally his style either. Seems like something happened and he was sent back and then later on, his tire blew and he slammed the wall. He went to the garage for some ninety plus laps.

When I had to leave, Gordon was first...that is until BOTH of his batteries died at the same time. Guess if both could die at the same time, it would happen to Gordon. Luckily he got a caution, was able to change his battery, get a lap down, get another caution and earn his lap back. He was quick to charge to the front. Must have had an awesome fast car! (Wish I could've seen it! LOL)

Johnson had to deal with controversy throughout the whole race it sounded like. Sounded like he got in it with Montoya, his crew didn't tighten a lugnut on pit road and he had to do a drive through penalty. And even with all that, came up with a top five finish. Very impressive run by the forty-eight.

Jr got penalized as well when his crew didn't put the tires over the wall and he drove away. Very rookie mistake if you ask me and should never have happened. Bet Jr was upset as he should have been. He came home fifteenth and disappointed with his run.

Though am disappointed,...Gordon was running fourth for a long time and by the announcers talking sounded like him and Stewart were best on gas at the end. So I figured it'd have to come down to those two...well guess who ran out of gass during the white flag lap? None other than JEFF GORDON!!!!! ERRR and of course all the announcers on the RADIO would say was that he lost a ton of spots. Took them forever to come down to the final lineup to find out Gordon finished eleventh...not the position I was hoping for. But it could have been a lot worse and luckily he was able to finish the race. (Trying to stay positive here...)

Meanwhile, Kurt Busch led a lot of laps...but it all came down to Ryan Newman who led the most laps and his boss Tony Stewart. Ryan Newman crossed the checkers first with Stewart behind him.

The last couple of years I was quick to point out that Stewart's attitude has changed...and that his anger management classes he had to take finally helped. Well to me it seems like he's lapsing back into the old Tony Stewart. The take no prisioners Stewart who was easy to anger and was quick to wreck people. (Or is it just me?) A couple of weeks ago he vowed to wreck the next person who blocked him (why he wrecked VIckers who wasn't blocking him)...even if it was his teammate Ryan Newman. And yesterday he vowed to wreck Andy Lally (who is always a lap down car...) if he didn't learn how to get out of the way of lead lap cars. (The announcers stated Lally got out of their way...) And according to my uncle who watched qualifying, said that Stewart snapped at the reporters for asking a question...so far (except for wrecking Vickers) he's been all talk and I personally am hoping it stays as that...

Well here is the top ten finishers of the race yesterday:

1. Ryan Newman

2. Tony Stewart

3. Denny Hamlin

4. Joey Lagano

5. Jimmie Johnson

6. Kasey Kahne

7. Bobby Labonte (Great to see him get a top ten finish again! Way to go Bobby!)

8. Martin Truex Jr

9. Marcos Ambrose

10. Kurt Busch

11. Jeff Gordon (Sorry...I couldn't leave my favorite out of the line up...)

(Just read...Gordon had problems with his alternators (had changed batteries on multiple stops, and that his tire blew on the last lap - not gas. Article I read said if not for the alternator, Gordon would've won. Oh well, coming in eleventh after all that, is pretty dang impressive, if you ask me. But my opinion, as you've probably guessed, is biased...LOL)

(Definately not a bad race for my Fantasty NASCAR team...had Kurt Busch on it who led 66 laps, finished tenth. Had Newman on it who led the most laps, got pole, and won it...two out of four had great races. Other two so-so. :) Moves me up to sixth...from seventh.)

And since I am too lazy to go to the other thread, I am going to post the top twelve points here:

1. Carl Edwards

2. Jimmie Johnson (-7)

3. Kurt Busch

4. Kevin Harvick

5. Kyle Busch (who was first coming into the race)

6. Matt Kenseth

7. Jeff Gordon

8. Ryan Newman

9. Dale Earnhardt Jr

10. Denny Hamlin

11. Tony Stewart

12. Clint Bowyer

I am sad to announce that there is no race next weekend...it is an off weekend. :( Feel the tears comin' already. The next race will be on ESPN (TNT is done for the year) and will be at Indianappolis where Gordon was the inaugural winner...hopefully he'll be kissing the bricks once again. :D

• 2 weeks later...

After a long weekend off, the boys will be racing at Indy on Sunday :popcorn: and if you haven't guessed, I am highly looking forward to it. Not only are they back to racing, but they are at a track that Gordon has won four times at...and I am hoping to see Gordon and his crew be kissing the bricks once again come the drop of the checkered flag for his fifth win at Indy. (Gordon even won the inaugural race at Indy). Though he is not the only one good there...Tony Stewart is good at Indy as well as a few others. :-o GO JEFF GORDON GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Sorry have to support Gordon and crew 24 any chance I get.)

Anyway, the race is on Sunday, I don't have a time as of yet, but I do know that it is NOT on TNT any more. The races will be on ESPN from here on out with a few races on ABC come chase time (which is only a hand full of races away!!!!!!!!!). Just a reminder: the race is on ESPN on Sunday.

Though we all had a off weekend this weekend and some of the drivers probably did have vacations...there were others that were racing in the Nationwide Series, or other types of racing, or then there's Gordon who went to Congo to do research for charity. I do have to report, Kasey Kahne was in a sprint car race driving his own sprint car and of the sounds of it had, what Rosco would call a horrendous crash! I guess his car summersaulted over the wall and flipped eight times. I have yet to see the video but read a little about it last night. Luckily he was able to walk away from the accident unhurt.

Is anyone else as excited for the Sprint Cup to get back to racing as I am? :p

I do have to report, Kasey Kahne was in a sprint car race driving his own sprint car and of the sounds of it had, what Rosco would call a horrendous crash! I guess his car summersaulted over the wall and flipped eight times. I have yet to see the video but read a little about it last night. Luckily he was able to walk away from the accident unhurt.

There are a few videos of the crash on YouTube, none of them professional quality - here's one of them:

Thank goodness Kasey's OK.

Hey Garrett, I imagine you're feeling a lot of pressure to win since JG has been so successful there. I only have one thing to say.

GO DAVID RAGEN!!![/quote

Yeah...you can say there's pressure. Afterall, it's kinda embarrassing going on how good he is at a track only for him to have a poor finish. But I have faith in Jeff Gordon and that he'll come home with a decent finish, if not a win. Unless someone wrecks him, but that's not of his doing (I've got my fingers crossed that will NOT happen!). ;)

Talking of your beloved Ragen, Roger, you are going to be highly disappointed when I say that he won the pole for tomorrow's race. :rofl: Luckily for me, I put him on my NASCAR fantasy team...YAY me! LOL. Also have Gordon on my team (of course...) and he starts eightth!

Here is the top ten starting positions for the Indy SPrint Car race tomorrow:

1. David Ragen

2. Kasey Kahne (also on my team, but on my bench (as of now))

3. Jimmie Johnson

4. Kurt Busch

5. Brad Keselwoski

6. AJ Allmindinger

7. Juan Pablo Montoya (also on my team...)

8. Jeff Gordon

9. Matt Kenseth

10. Carl Edwards

Am looking forward to the drop of the green flag tomorrow. It starts at noon central time (my time) on ESPN. Winning team gets to kiss the bricks at the end of the race...and I am hoping that will be team 24! :lol:

Well the Brickyard 400 just got over and once again it all came down to gas and wondering who had enough gas and who didn't. It was an exciting race and ocne again this year, we got a first time winner. Paul Menard earned his first Sprint Cup race of his career. Gordon had the fastest car on the track most of the day and led a lot of laps. Kasey Kahne led the most until his pit crew didn't screw his lugnut ont his tire.

At the end a lot of the drivers were saving gas and were going slow. Jeff Gordon had a fast car and did an awesome fast car. He was passing cars left and right at the end. After his last pit stop with thirty laps to go, he was sixteenth or so and he came back to finish second...only seconds behind first place Paul Menard. Give Gordon a lap or two, he'd have won the race.

Me personally, it was disappointing to see Gordon so close. To have such a great car. And yet come home second. But second place is a great place and am happy for Gordon...and for Menard. (Sorry Roger...Ragen raced a good race, but ended up finishing 23rd. Musta had to stop for gas at the last minute or so.) Only big accident was Landon Cassill (From CR iowa...) spun out and collected Kasey Kahne. Jimmie Johnson and Brian Vickers and Jimmie Johnson bumped into each other in pit road...second pit stop or so. Jimmie finished 19th when him and others pitted with thirty laps to go...

Here is the top ten finishers:

1. Paul Menard

2. Jeff Gordon

3. Regan Smith

4. Jamie McMurray

5. Matt Kenseth

6. Tony Stewart

7. Greg Biffle

8. Mark Martin

9. Brad Keselowski

10. Kyle Busch (after wrecking in pits and blowing a tire and hitting the wall)

The boys race at Pocono on Sunday...where Jeff Gordon won earlier this year.

Talking about Jeff Gordon...Jeff Gordon turned 40 years old yesterday while his pit crew cheif Alan Gustufson turned 36 today. Happy birthday Gordon and Gustafson! :D (Was also Kurt Busch's birthday yesterday as well, but don't know for sure how old he turned...)

On a sadder note, Penske driver of the number 2 car, Brad Keselowski was in a bad accident on track in Atlanta where he walked away from the car but had to be air lifted to the hospital, but only for a precaution. Guess he injured or burned his foot. Don't know for sure. He will not be able to race Saturday at Iowa in the Nation Wide Series race...but will be OK to race at Pocono for the Sprint Cub Series.

Jeff will have a couple things going for him Sunday....winner at the Poconos last time....second place yesterday. You must be a little confident Garrett.

But he does have two things going against him. He's in his 40s now so his reflexes aren't as good as when he was in his 30s last race.

And....DAVID RAGEN!!!

Glad to hear Brad's not hurt too bad.

Jeff will have a couple things going for him Sunday....winner at the Poconos last time....second place yesterday. You must be a little confident Garrett.

But he does have two things going against him. He's in his 40s now so his reflexes aren't as good as when he was in his 30s last race.

And....DAVID RAGEN!!!

Glad to hear Brad's not hurt too bad.

Gordon's win at Pocono in June and his awesome and fast car he had last week gives me a lot of confidence going into Pocono tomorrow.

David Ragen is good, but as you pointed out, Gordon is now forty years old. Meaning he has a lot of experience going into tomorrow's race. Experience that David does not yet have.

Sorry to burst your bubble there, Roger, but I doubt a week will have any difference on Gordon's reflexes despite the fact that at Indy he was 39 years old and tomorrow he'll be racing his first race at being 40. Gordon only gets BETTER for age! HA HA Also, just read, Dale Jarrett won his first championship after a couple of days of turning 43...which means Gordon has plenty of chances to earn more championships...including this year! HA HA.

My only concern for tomorrow is that in my Facebook page, I get Gordon's posts on his page, and he says he qualified 31st for the race. :( So he has to come from all the way from 31st to win the race tomorrow. Though he also said that it was his fault and that he had a fast car. So if anyone can do it, Gordon can do it!

I saw pictures of Brad Keselowski's ankle after the accident and it looked really swollen. Very glad he is OK after that horrendous crash! He is Oked to race tomorrow and since he is on my fantasy team, hope he will do good despite the horrible accident. :)

Sprint Cup will be racing at Pocono tomorrow at noon (central time) on ESPN. Here is the starting line up:

1. Joey Logano (20)

2. Kasey Kahne (4)

3. Martin Truex Jr. (56)

4. Carl Edwards (99)

5. Kurt Busch (22)

6. Denny Hamlin (11)

7. Paul Menard (27)

8. Jeff Burton (31)

9. Greg Biffle (16)

10. Kevin Harvick (29)

Also, there is some NASCAR news this week, though it isn't as big of news as I think they are making it. Carl Edwards, who drives for Jack Rousch and Rousch Fenway racing, contract ends after this year. It has been debated all year if he'd stay or go somewhere else. Joe Gibbs Racing was mentioned once. But earlier this week he had resigned with Rousch Fenway Racing.

To me, it's not surprising. Personally, I thought he'd resign with him no matter what and personally feel Edwards probably knew that too. Perhaps he was just keeping his options open, I don't know or perhaps I am wrong all together. Even though Hendrick is the top team in the Sprint Cup, Rousch is close on the list of top names. And since Kasey Kahne is taking Martin's ride next year, meaning Hendrick is full (NASCAR has a four car limit per team. Hendrick has Gordon, Johnson, Jr, and Martin/Kahne). To me, if he left Rousch, he'd be stepping down the ladder in the Sprint Cup Series. Not that he couldn't win with another team, Carl or anyone else could win with any car and equipment out there. But Hendrick and the top teams, have more money. More money gets you the better equipment within the car and more comfortable wear gear. In short, if Edwards would go somewhere else, he'd be settling for less than what he already has. Joe Gibbs racing is a big name in the Sprint Cup series, so he wouldn't have been stepping down too far from Rousch if he did sign with Gibbs, but still feel like Rousch is a bigger team than Gibbs...could be wrong about that. But don't quote me on all of that, all that is my personal opinion from what I have heard and seen before.

Well the race is not yet over but they are now red flagged for now about an hour due to rain. It is now not raining, but they said it would take two hours to dry the track. They are on lap 124 out of 200...over halfway through the race, meaning that if they don't go gree flagged again, it will be over. :( I hate rain come race day!

And since I am anxious for the green flag to drop again, I will write my review while I listen to the driver interview that they've been doing for an hour now. Now they are talking to Dale Jr who has been pretty good today and is now sitting fifth. Could probably move up again if it does go green.

Joey Lagano started from the pole today and as of right now, is sitting first. He had won his first race in the last rain shortened race...his team mate Denny Hamlin, who is known to be great at this track, led the most of the lap and is now sitting third.

First part of the race, Kyle Busch spun himself out and then was penalyzed for pitting early. Went from the thirties to second within a matter of minutes. Asked his teammate Hamlin if he could pass to lead which is what Hamlin had done, but Busch didn't give him the lead back as would be expected to be done. Hamlin took the lead back after a green flag pit stop.

David Ragen, who sits on the bubble of the chase and needed a great race, drove aggressive in the first several laps only to make it three wide and spun himself out into the wall. Was in the garage for fifty laps. Not the kind of race he needed.

But lucky for Ragen, Tony Stewart who sat nine or tenth before the race, had tire issues and at one point was a lap down. Dropping him to eleventh. And since this year the eleventh and twelveth place is devoted for drivers in points from 11th to 20th with the most wins, it would put Stewart out of the chase for the first time if the chase started next week (which it doesn't.). David Regan has a win so he would surpass Stewart...but they still have five races left til the chase.

Gordon started 31st and stgruggled with a loose race car for most of the race and they finally got the car fast and now sits sixth. Jimmie Johnson started 18th and now sits second.

Well here is the first top ten of the race as of now:

1. Joey Lagano

2. Jimmie Johnson

3. Denny Hamlin

4. Kyle Busch

5. Dale Earnhardt Jr

6. Jeff Gordon

7. Clint Bowyer

8. Carl Edwards

9. Mark Martin

10. Ryan Newman

They are still red flagged, but if they do go green flagged, I will add onto this post as of w hat happens until the end of the race.

Hard to believe Brad Keselowski broke his ankle on Wednesday and he is out there in his race car.

I am now highly hoping for no more rain despite them calling for more win. Gordon was moving up the field during the race as was Johnson and Earnhardt and they all could move up higher if the race would go green once again.

RAIN, RAIN, GO AWAY, COME BACK ANOTHER DAY!!! (JUST NOT RAIN DAY!)

Well the race finally got over...after 140 minutes under red flag for rain, they finally got the whole race in. Very excited to get the race to an end. But I can gaurantee you that Joey Lagano was not happy that they went back under green since he had a flat and had to go into pits to change all four tires after their final pit stop to gain a poor finish instead of the win he had under the red.

Well Brad Keselowski after his horrible bad accident on Wednesday, braking his left ankle, his right ankle all bruised up, and his back killing him throughout the race...went on to win the race! Must be the in thing to come and win the race after gaining an injury....Denny Hamlin last year after having knee surgery went on to win the next race.

After being so dominant in the first half, Denny Hamlin went into the final pit stop only to lose a lot of positions under his pit stop and finished 16th.

Jimmie Johnson at one point thought he had engine problems when he felt a vibration that went away after their green pit flag pit start. Was third for a long time when Kurt Busch passed him towards the end. One or two laps to go he went to pass Kurt Busch and they started to get into each other...Johnson was getting upset at Busch and ran into the side of him a couple of times. After the race they got into an argument and Johnson's pit crew was pulling him away. As soon as it was over, the ESPN reporters had to question him about it. And then Busch. Of course no one is taking responsability for it, but blaming the other.

Here is the final top ten finish at Pocono:

1. Brad Keselowski

2. Kyle Busch

3. Kurt Busch

4. Jimmie Johnson

5. Ryan Newman

6. Jeff Gordon (OK so I was wrong on all accounts that they didn't better their positions, but at least they had an opportunity to do so...)

7. Carl Edwards

8. Greg Biffle

9. Dale Earnhardt Jr

10. Paul Menard

They'll be going road racing next weekend at Watkins Glenn...

Thanks for the update Garrett. That's pretty inspirational about Brad.

Congratulations Garrett. Your guy did better than mine.

Both Busch's were in my county the day before. Erie County is the western end of PA and the Poconos is on the eastern end but it was close enough that they could stop buy Lake Erie Speedway for a visit....so it's kinda nice to see them finish number 2 and 3.

Thanks for the update Garrett. That's pretty inspirational about Brad.

Congratulations Garrett. Your guy did better than mine.

Both Busch's were in my county the day before. Erie County is the western end of PA and the Poconos is on the eastern end but it was close enough that they could stop buy Lake Erie Speedway for a visit....so it's kinda nice to see them finish number 2 and 3.

You are welcome Roger...I enjoy writing about the races so thanks for allowing me to do so and for actually reading it. Not a big Brad Keselowski fan due to how he has raced Edwards in the past, but was impressed with his win...especially since he was on my fantasy NASCAR team. HA HA.

Yeah I thought of you when Ragen spun out...I was happy with Gordon's sixth place finish. Would have been great if he coulda gotten a top five. But six was a good place seeing how bad his car was during the first half of the race. Just too bad he is still stuck at seventh in points. One would think he'd climb in points on how strong he has been finishing lately. Oh well I guess.

That is something...that you had both Busch brothers in your county. DId you get to go see them? I hope so. Personally, I am not a fan of either brother, but am starting to like Kyle now that he has changed. But wasn't too happy with Kurt Busch yesterday...then again, my opinion is biased being a Jimmie Johnson fan. But still...it is something that they both were in your county and all.

Was a good race yesterday...great seeing Jr earn a top ten finish to prove he's still having a good year after a month long slump. Hopefully he can keep it up next week at Watkins Glen where we will be going road racing!

...especially since he was on my fantasy NASCAR team. HA HA.

That is something...that you had both Busch brothers in your county. DId you get to go see them?

No I didn't go see them but they got a lot of press time on the local TV stations. Speaking of fantasy teams, that friend of mine that I'm always talking about is in 12th place nationally in the NASCAR fantasy league. He said the league has like 300,000 people in it or something crazy like that. Or was it 30,000? I can't remember. I told you he knows his stuff!

No I didn't go see them but they got a lot of press time on the local TV stations. Speaking of fantasy teams, that friend of mine that I'm always talking about is in 12th place nationally in the NASCAR fantasy league. He said the league has like 300,000 people in it or something crazy like that. Or was it 30,000? I can't remember. I told you he knows his stuff!

I'm sure he does. Glad to hear he is doing so great!

I'm sure he does. Glad to hear he is doing so great!

Well Roger...I am third out of ten in my NASCAR league on Yahoo...what does that say about me? HA HA. Sorry I couldn't resist saying that. My numbers aren't as impressive as your friend's national number or what not. But oh well. That's what I have. Last week I was fifth and not too long about I was eight, so at least I am heading in the right direction in it. Better than I can say in my baseball league. :)

Better yet, what does it say about my knowledge of NASCAR to say that I won in my NASCAR fantasy team last year which consisted of three players...me and two other guys who (I dont' think) follow NASCAR. LOL. OK probably not very much, but I was the winner of the year. Gotta mean something!