Arrest Chet Duke!

MaryAnne

Yeah, I ain't lookin' forward to cleanin' up that mess he made downstairs. But I can give 'em sass while ah'm workin' on it, and that kinda makes up for it. *gives a small grin*

And ya know....I won't mind hangin' out in the upstairs cell while I work on mah own bail. I might actually git somethin' done, if I stay outta trouble for awhile.

*chuckles* Yeah, if you stay outta trouble for awhile. Think you can manage that?

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And you ain't lost a thang. 'Cept maybe your temper. *teasing*

'C'mere. *offers a hug*

*laughs* Yeah, I did lose that. Heh! *leans to cousin, to gently give him a hug* Aw, cousin. You ain't lost a thing either. It's nice to know we can still carry on with crazy shenanigans. Khee!

*laughs* Yeah, I did lose that. Heh! *leans to cousin, to gently give him a hug* Aw, cousin. You ain't lost a thing either. It's nice to know we can still carry on with crazy shenanigans. Khee!

*holds the embrace a moment, chuckling* We can, and we always will, so long as we're able.

*eventually releases the hug, knowing cousin has to return to other duties* Now then. In the meantime, you got work to do, and Alex still owes you a dinner date. A very expensive one, after all this. I'll see ya over at the bookin' room in a couple days, eh?

*holds the embrace a moment, chuckling* We can, and we always will, so long as we're able.

*eventually releases the hug, knowing cousin has to return to other duties* Now then. In the meantime, you got work to do, and Alex still owes you a dinner date. A very expensive one, after all this. I'll see ya over at the bookin' room in a couple days, eh?

*pulls back from cousin and nods* You bet. You uh... *points at him and was about to say behave for Doc but decided that was a comment too far. Smiles* ...you get some rest. And I'll see ya soon.

*pulls back from cousin and nods* You bet. You uh... *points at him and was about to say behave for Doc but decided that was a comment too far. Smiles* ...you get some rest. And I'll see ya soon.

You got it.

*watches MaryAnne leave, then lays back down on the medical bed. Knows things aren't quite over yet, and own bail won't be easy to complete. Yet there's a sense of contentment, in things returning back to their natural order...or natural disorder...*

THE END

( At least until Chet finishes bail, or I finish bail. There's likely gonna be an epilogue to this, but in the meantime...what an RR! When you combine the Arrest Chet, Arrest Brian, and Arrest MaryAnne threads, and heck, go back to Arrest Garrett and all the way back to Arrest Roger....this is the longest running, most posted, and most read RR we've ever had. )

( so is it really over? Nah, probably not, but this way we can all take a breath, and give Chet a chance to catch up. And I'm sure there's gonna be other future tenants for the Hazzard County Jail, 'cause believe me, I intend to finish bail and git outta there as soon as possible.)

(Meantime! A big Thank Ya to all who have participated and have followed along. Sometimes these 'reactive' stories are hell to work with because people are moving chess pieces in every direction. This time though, we had a good number of experienced characters involved who were fairly used to working with each other. So even though some of us were opposing one another, I'd have to say this went pretty smooth. Congrats to all of ya! )

(And can Chet really draw? Can I really finish two stories and keep up with the front page updates? We're gonna find out...and right after that we'll have a fresh victim - er, volunteer for the Hazzard County Jail ! )

(Heya'll... Ive made it back in one piece, but it apears Im alil late... but its never too late. As Brian said, its is NOT over, but a breather looks like a good idea while we work on our bail.

Ah yes... my bail.. speakin of, am I allowed to get alil help with this? I mean I need to know what folks look like. Im familiar with some but others I need some reference. Would that be ok?

~Chet & Dee)

(Heya'll... Ive made it back in one piece, but it apears Im alil late... but its never too late. As Brian said, its is NOT over, but a breather looks like a good idea while we work on our bail.

Ah yes... my bail.. speakin of, am I allowed to get alil help with this? I mean I need to know what folks look like. Im familiar with some but others I need some reference. Would that be ok?

~Chet & Dee)

I don't think that would be a problem. I reckon just PM the folks you need some reference on what characters look like.

And I just wanted to add to Brian and Garrett's comments....and hearty thank ya as well to everyone that participated in this. And like Chet said, this ain't over. LOL. We'll be back to another round of shenanigans again once Brian and Chet complete their bail requirements. Khee!

• 2 weeks later...
It's quiet.

Too quiet.

Them fellers must be up to something.

That always makes me nervous.

Is it too quiet, Roger? I think I may have a solution to make it more loud for you...at least to your liking. *Whispers into Roger's ear* I'll just sneak quietly into Hogg's bank tonight when everyone is asleep and find me some a few bags full of money. I'm sure once they wake up and see what has happened, that'll make some noise for you. You'd have your noise and I'd have money to buy me a new set of wheels. Perhaps another motorcycle and some expensive new boots to go with it. *Steps back and speaks up* How 'bout that? Sounds fun to me. ;)

I like half of your idea Garrett but the half I don't like is where you keep the money for yourself instead of giving it to the Hazzard Orphanage.

I thought yer Uncle Jesse brought you up better than that.

*thinks a little longer*

Wait a second, are you talking about a Harley or a dirt bike?

I like half of your idea Garrett but the half I don't like is where you keep the money for yourself instead of giving it to the Hazzard Orphanage.

I thought yer Uncle Jesse brought you up better than that.

*thinks a little longer*

Wait a second, are you talking about a Harley or a dirt bike?

*Questionable look* Why would I give half the money to the orphanage for? They didn't do anything to help get the money. *Shrugs* Guess it'd make good charity though.

And that's where you went wrong, Roger...you assumed because of my last name that I was like the boys or that I was raised by Jesse. Well you assumed wrong. I grew up in Knoxville TNN, where I spent most of it causing trouble. Didn't know Jesse until I was over twenty, so no, he didn't bring me up better than that. ;) (My character that is...LOL)

*Sarcastic laugh* A dirt bike? You gotta be kidding. *Serious look* I'm talking about getting myself a new Harley. One like my old one, but newer with more options. Of course I'd keep my old one, I'd just have two Harley's to chose from.

Hmmmm...thanks Roger for the idea. Think it sounds like a fun idea to me. :D

Not me. *Questionable look* What gave you such a silly idea as that? ;)

Oh I don't know *shrugs shoulders* Seems round here so long as yer last name's Duke and you go around provokin' the law, your gonna be eating chipped beef for dinner. haha

But on the other hand, y'all are right.. It is pretty quiet around here... *Looks around suspiciously*

*Puts finger to mouth* Shhhhh. Not so loud. . .someone may be listening. *Glances around and then whispers* Well there is a lot of money in there askin' me to take them all away. *Shrugs* Might as well be me who does the takin', otherwise we all know it'd be Boss doing the taking. You interested in helpin' out, Roger? ;)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.