Arrest Chet Duke!

MaryAnne

*listens to this, pleased by MaryAnne's words* Nor can anybody take your place. Let's put thangs right, cousin.

*carefully unpins the badge from own jacket, and even more carefully pins it back upon MaryAnne's shirt* There. You are once again, and evahmore, The Deputy, until any such time you take that walk on the wild side.

*looks around at everyone who watches and listens* And I could nevah have been, and would nevah be, worth a title of any kind....without havin' the loyalty, support...and I'll say it, the love of ya'll. A title is a title....it would be losin' the people, that I couldn't take. Thank ya all, for goin' along for this crazy ride.

*While Daniel, Bo, Lukas and Alex voice their sentiments. Garrett observes silently. Walk up behind Brian and give him a gentle hug. *You're always been a good friend even when people were rotten. Thank you.*Voice drops to a whisper and step back with a smile. Hope that MaryAnne who is standing in front of Brian heard too. She's been a wonderful friend. There is just an incredible buncha folks gathered together waiting for Chet to wake up.*

(Sorry Miss Dee, was working on this before you posted.)

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*Standing back, nods in agreement despite no one paying attention to him.* Y'all keep Hazzard alive, fun, and entertaining. *Finally speaks up to let self be heard before attention drifts down the street where I find my motorcycle where Daney had parked it after I had gotten shot. Eyes drift back up at everyone and down at Chet's still body as if willing him to wake up. Looking back up, takes another step away from the group.*

*While Daniel, Bo, Lukas and Alex voice their sentiments. Garrett observes silently. Walk up behind Brian and give him a gentle hug. *You're always been a good friend even when people were rotten. Thank you.*Voice drops to a whisper and step back with a smile. Hope that MaryAnne who is standing in front of Brian heard too. She's been a wonderful friend. There is just an incredible buncha folks gathered together waiting for Chet to wake up.*

(Sorry Miss Dee, was working on this before you posted.)

-- Huh? *surprised by Daney's hug* Oh! Khee... *returning it, chuckling* Ah have mah moments.

*lets Daney go, and then regards Garrett, seeing him look with concern at Chet* Don't worry, he'll be fine. And now that I got mah title back, I ain't got no reason to be at odds with 'em, at the moment.

*glances back to MaryAnne* Besides, ah've a feelin' I ain't gonna git too far mahself.

-- Huh? *surprised by Daney's hug* Oh! Khee... *returning it, chuckling* Ah have mah moments.

*lets Daney go, and then regards Garrett, seeing him look with concern at Chet* Don't worry, he'll be fine. And now that I got mah title back, I ain't got no reason to be at odds with 'em, at the moment.

*glances back to MaryAnne* Besides, ah've a feelin' I ain't gonna git too far mahself.

*smiles* I'm afraid not O' Lord of the Outlaws. You still owe me some bail.

*looks down at Chet on the sidewalk* Ol' Chet's gonna be owing some bail too. However, before I have to ticket myself here for littering, somebody wanna give me a hand in hefting him back into the jail? What little jail I've got left...

(Since Dee is offline for a few days I reckon we can at least get Chet off the sidewalk. LOL)

*smiles* I'm afraid not O' Lord of the Outlaws. You still owe me some bail.

*looks down at Chet on the sidewalk* Ol' Chet's gonna be owing some bail too. However, before I have to ticket myself here for littering, somebody wanna give me a hand in hefting him back into the jail? What little jail I've got left...

(Since Dee is offline for a few days I reckon we can at least get Chet off the sidewalk. LOL)

*moves away from Brian* Yeah Ill get him.. *crouches down and rolls Chet over... then sits him up, keeps a hold of the wrist and lifts him up and over shoulder then carefully stands* Keep Hazzard clean... *chuckles*

*moves away from Brian* Yeah Ill get him.. *crouches down and rolls Chet over... then sits him up, keeps a hold of the wrist and lifts him up and over shoulder then carefully stands* Keep Hazzard clean... *chuckles*

Thank ya, Alex. *grins* Right this way.... *heads up the steps to the courthouse. Holds the door open for Alex and then follows in after. Then leads the way to the booking room, and to the doorway that leads to the cells downstairs.*

*Goes to the second cell and holds the door open allowing Alex to deposit Chet on the bunk. With the upstairs celldoor still broken and the previous cell Chet had been in trashed, the Hazzard County Jail was down to one cell*

I really hope Chet doesn't bust this cell up when he wakes up.

Thank ya, Alex. *grins* Right this way.... *heads up the steps to the courthouse. Holds the door open for Alex and then follows in after. Then leads the way to the booking room, and to the doorway that leads to the cells downstairs.*

*Goes to the second cell and holds the door open allowing Alex to deposit Chet on the bunk. With the upstairs celldoor still broken and the previous cell Chet had been in trashed, the Hazzard County Jail was down to one cell*

*follows MaryAnne in, then down the steps to the bottom level.. sees the mess* Geez! Desperate much to get out Chet? *puts Chet down on the bunk but waits a moment before leaving the cell* Should we empty his pockets and take away anything he can use as a weapon or as a way to break out, he seems to be good at that lately... *looks at MaryAnne*

*didn't promise MaryAnne anything about staying put, this time....turns around and starts strolling down the sidewalk, towards Diablo* Ya'll 'scuze me while I glide outta heah....

*follows MaryAnne in, then down the steps to the bottom level.. sees the mess* Geez! Desperate much to get out Chet? *puts Chet down on the bunk but waits a moment before leaving the cell* Should we empty his pockets and take away anything he can use as a weapon or as a way to break out, he seems to be good at that lately... *looks at MaryAnne*

Yeah, we better. *steps into the cell and proceeds to empty Chet's pockets again, collecting up knives, pistols, carbines, howitzer's, bazookas, brass knuckles, chinese stars, martial art wepaons and whatever the heck else Chet carries in his pockets. Also removes the spurs from his boots. Looks at the loot in hand* This is why Chet's a heavy boy. Woulda lookit this stuff!

*Exits the cell, followed by Alex and dumps all the stuff on the desk nearby. Turns back, locks the cell and then gathers everything up again to haul upstairs.*

You a betting man, Alex? Wanna take any bets that Brian ain't still standing where he was when came in here?

Yeah, we better. *steps into the cell and proceeds to empty Chet's pockets again, collecting up knives, pistols, carbines, howitzer's, bazookas, brass knuckles, chinese stars, martial art wepaons and whatever the heck else Chet carries in his pockets. Also removes the spurs from his boots. Looks at the loot in hand* This is why Chet's a heavy boy. Woulda lookit this stuff!

*Exits the cell, followed by Alex and dumps all the stuff on the desk nearby. Turns back, locks the cell and then gathers everything up again to haul upstairs.*

You a betting man, Alex? Wanna take any bets that Brian ain't still standing where he was when came in here?

*eyes widen at the stash from Chet and shakes his head* Geez its a wonder he can walk with all that junk...*chuckles as they go back up the steps* Oh I'm a betting man and Im sure Brian is probably in the next county by now...*grins*

*didn't promise MaryAnne anything about staying put, this time....turns around and starts strolling down the sidewalk, towards Diablo* Ya'll 'scuze me while I glide outta heah....
*eyes widen at the stash from Chet and shakes his head* Geez its a wonder he can walk with all that junk...*chuckles as they go back up the steps* Oh I'm a betting man and Im sure Brian is probably in the next county by now...*grins*

*watching Brian go with amusement... briefly torn between making up to Marryanne by hauling him back, or keeping things amiable with the man I spend far more time with and letting him escape. Finally natural Duke only-semi-lawfulness (and a long history of foiling this particular sheriff's department) wins out and I fold my arms over my chest, glancing over toward Bo* Did you see Brian going anywhere? *playful tone* I think I was a mite too busy studyin' that sweet blue Chevy across the way yonder.

*watching Brian go with amusement... briefly torn between making up to Marryanne by hauling him back, or keeping things amiable with the man I spend far more time with and letting him escape. Finally natural Duke only-semi-lawfulness (and a long history of foiling this particular sheriff's department) wins out and I fold my arms over my chest, glancing over toward Bo* Did you see Brian going anywhere? *playful tone* I think I was a mite too busy studyin' that sweet blue Chevy across the way yonder.

See who go? *giving Luke a wry grin* I ain't seen anyone leave. And you're right, that's a very sweet Chevy. Did you notice the Olds next to it? *A dark red Olds 442 sits parked next to it.*

*Glances over at Brian to give a short nod.* Yeah. I'm willin' to bet he'll be fine once he wakes himself up from that shot. *Goes quiet a moment, eyeing motorcycle and then Brian.* Glad to hear you won't be at odds with him now that you got your fancy little title back. *Small smirk at Brian before acknowledging Daney with a nod.* I'm gone *Turns and walks across to where my motorcycle is parked before climbing upon it and revving the engine a long moment before taking off.*

Probably. *gives an exaggerated sigh* What ever am I gonna do with him?

*They walk out of the booking room and exit the courthouse. As they come down the steps, MaryAnne notices that Brian has removed himself from the group. Garrett is gone as well, the sound of his motorcycle fading in the distance*

*Diablo, however, is still parked nearby. MaryAnne looks toward the car and sees one black clad Coltrane heading toward it*

Leaving all ready Brian?

Probably. *gives an exaggerated sigh* What ever am I gonna do with him?

*They walk out of the booking room and exit the courthouse. As they come down the steps, MaryAnne notices that Brian has removed himself from the group. Garrett is gone as well, the sound of his motorcycle fading in the distance*

*Diablo, however, is still parked nearby. MaryAnne looks toward the car and sees one black clad Coltrane heading toward it*

Leaving all ready Brian?

*hears MaryAnne's call, and turns to face her with a grin, standing near Diablo*

Nah... ah thought I'd test your aim. It's gonna drive you crazy if you don't git to spend that other dart.

*with this, puts thumbs in ears and waggles fingers, issuing a taunt* You'll nevah catch me awake! Nyaaaah nyah nyah nyah!!

*hears MaryAnne's call, and turns to face her with a grin, standing near Diablo*

Nah... ah thought I'd test your aim. It's gonna drive you crazy if you don't git to spend that other dart.

*with this, puts thumbs in ears and waggles fingers, issuing a taunt* You'll nevah catch me awake! Nyaaaah nyah nyah nyah!!

*seeing where Brian is and then looks at MaryAnne* You going to use that dart gun on him?

Well now *grins* I can't let that go unanswered...

*reaches for dart gun from gun belt and brings it to bear....*

Well now *grins* I can't let that go unanswered...

*reaches for dart gun from gun belt and brings it to bear....*

*dart gun or no, looking down a barrel is enough to bring pause to the stoutest hearts. And so there's a moment's silence, while the last chance to back down, and go in peacefully, hangs in the balance.*

*but how could I deny MaryAnne this? It's not every day she gets to shoot me, and Lord knows she's been put through a lot with all this.*

*and so I straighten up, and bring up my right arm in salute, touching two fingers to my brow in sincere respect and affection....*

*..and then I resume my taunt, grinning....*thumbing nose at MaryAnne,, then turning around to slap own rear* Betcha miss!

*dart gun or no, looking down a barrel is enough to bring pause to the stoutest hearts. And so there's a moment's silence, while the last chance to back down, and go in peacefully, hangs in the balance.*

*but how could I deny MaryAnne this? It's not every day she gets to shoot me, and Lord knows she's been put through a lot with all this.*

*and so I straighten up, and bring up my right arm in salute, touching two fingers to my brow in sincere respect and affection....*

*..and then I resume my taunt, grinning....*thumbing nose at MaryAnne,, then turning around to slap own rear* Betcha miss!

*chuckles* He's really daring you to do it MaryAnne, but my question is where are you going to put him? Chet is in the one and only usable cell and frankly locking Brian up with him is cruel and unusual punishment.

*watches as cousin hesitates upon seeing the dart gun and then sees the sincere salute from him. For a brief second, figures he's going to peacefully surrender....but knows better than this and once he resumes his taunt and turns the other cheek to provide a target, MaryAnne can't help but give a mirthful snort. The dart gun remains aimed at him, however. Since she couldn't really give him a kick in the butt, which he so richly deserved...*

*hears Alex's comment but ignores it. She aims the dart gun at Brian's wiggling rear and fires the dart.....*

*.....sticking him square in the posterior!*

*watches as cousin hesitates upon seeing the dart gun and then sees the sincere salute from him. For a brief second, figures he's going to peacefully surrender....but knows better than this and once he resumes his taunt and turns the other cheek to provide a target, MaryAnne can't help but give a mirthful snort. The dart gun remains aimed at him, however. Since she couldn't really give him a kick in the butt, which he so richly deserved...*

*hears Alex's comment but ignores it. She aims the dart gun at Brian's wiggling rear and fires the dart.....*

*.....sticking him square in the posterior!*

-- OW!! *sharp yell of pain, reaching back automatically to yank out the dart....taking a couple staggering steps, the lights already starting to dim. Teeters against Diablo's front fender, hands bracing uselessly against the car, trying to brace self up....but it's no use. With a shallow, ragged sigh, the black-clad body slumps, slowly sliding down by Diablo's front wheel...collapsing there, between the curb and the sidewalk, half-curled on side.*

ZZZzzzzzzzzz.......

-- OW!! *sharp yell of pain, reaching back automatically to yank out the dart....taking a couple staggering steps, the lights already starting to dim. Teeters against Diablo's front fender, hands bracing uselessly against the car, trying to brace self up....but it's no use. With a shallow, ragged sigh, the black-clad body slumps, slowly sliding down by Diablo's front wheel...collapsing there, between the curb and the sidewalk, half-curled on side.*

ZZZzzzzzzzzz.......

*wincing at the shot and where it hit.. then watches as Brian collapses then looks at MaryAnne* good shot, nice aim, Ill go get him... *heads down the steps*

ZZZzzzzzzzzz.......

*blows the end of the barrell of the dart gun and then holsters it again. Walks over to cousin slumped down on the ground, out like a light. Kneels down to him* Rock-a-by Brian, on the street curb... Khee... *looks up at Alex, Doc, Bo n' Luke*

Awright, since my jail is busted up and I ain't throwin' him in with Chet, Doc, if I may, I'd like to have Brian held over at your clinic. Alex, if you'd be so kind as to carry Brian over there, and you two ruffians - *looks at Bo and Luke* - can help. *grins*

Easy tho', don't go bustin' up his ribs and innards anymore than they already are. *stands up and steps back to allow the boys room to pick up Brian*

(I have to pause here but y'all can carry on!)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.