My 1000th Post

Meadowmufn

I just realized that I have 999 posts and decided to mark the milestone with a special 1000th post.

Now, I know many of you folks have more posts than me. The ol' Meadowmufn has been pretty busy and hasn't been able to keep up with a lot of you younguns (and a few olduns). LOL.

I wanted to use this post to sincerely thank all of HazzardNet's wonderful members that have made this website home and have helped me, Brian, and MaryAnne build HNet into a thriving Dukes of Hazzard community. Y'all are like a second family... kinda dysfunctional, but family nonetheless.

It's hard to believe I created my first Dukes of Hazzard website over 12 years ago. That website evolved into HazzardNet and HazzardNet will be celebrating its 10th anniversary next year! (I'll be doing a separate post on that later.)

Most of all, I want to thank Brian and MaryAnne. Without them, I'm not sure HazzardNet would still be around. They've been here to keep things going when I haven't been able to. They've always been there to lift me up during the bad times and share the joy during the good times. I am eternally grateful to them. They'll always have a special place in my heart. Heartfelt mush, cousins. :D

Now, for the fun stuff! I'm going to give away a 2009 16 Month Dukes of Hazzard Calendar to someone who posts in this thread. Each person that posts in this thread will get one entry. The winner will be picked by random. Good luck!!!

And my heartfelt thanks to all of you!

In honor of your 1000th post, I'm going to repeat something for the 1000th time. I can't tell you how much I appreciate you for creating the Hazzardnet. As someone who has been lost in the fantasy of Hazzard County since 1979, I always longed for the company of real folks who understood that Hazzard County is much more than fantasy. Hazzardnet bridges the gap between those two worlds and allows us Hazzard fans to walk hand in hand across the bridge between fantasy and reality anytime we please...and all it takes is a few clicks on a keyboard. Thanks so much for making it all happen.

And of course, if that bridge is ever in need of repair, we can always jump over it. YEEHHHAWWW!!!!

Well-spoken, Roger. As always you've got a nice way of puttin' a few words about HazzardNet, and we appreciate you too.

Mufn, you caught me by surprise with all that. Here's to the next 10 years and counting. :beer::D

I wouldn't be anywhere without you and MaryAnne. Hard to believe how much has changed in 10 years. What's really cool, though, is how much stayed the same. Like how HazzardNet has kept going despite the personal challenges and life events that have tested us all at one point or another. And how our friendships have made it through the good and the bad.

I don't have the right words at the moment - it's been a long day and I'm fadin' out here - but this deserves a better reply so I'll add something tomorrow. In the meantime, mush right back atcha.

Brian

Oh, I forgot to add that the drawing will be on December 15th.

And sorry, HazzardNet moderators aren't eligible. LOL. Y'all will be getting a Christmas bonus tho'. :D

Christmas bonus? Thats nice of you MeadowMufn! What is it going to be? If you dont know yet, allow me to make a suggestion! How about, unlimited rides in the Hazzard County elevator?

A BIG CONGRATS to you though on 1000 posts! And I'm sure in no time at all you'll have another 1000! :wink:

Christmas bonus? Thats nice of you MeadowMufn! What is it going to be? If you dont know yet, allow me to make a suggestion! How about, unlimited rides in the Hazzard County elevator?

A BIG CONGRATS to you though on 1000 posts! And I'm sure in no time at all you'll have another 1000! :wink:

Alex, tell me just what buildings in Hazzard are tall enough to warrant an elevator? LOL.

I haven't decided on the bonus yet, but rest assured, I give better bonuses than Boss Hogg... by a longshot. Khee!

Well congrats on the thousandth post, Meadowmufin! That is an accomplishment...I have a long ways to go before I reach mine...guess I better get to posting more. ;) Anyways, thank-you to you and the rest of the moderators of this great site for all of your hard work you have put into this site to make it possible for all of us to enjoy! It has been a great second Hazzard home to me for the past eight years or so (something like that) Anways, thank-you for everything!

Yay for making your 1000th post, Mufn! You'll hit 2000 easily now. Khee!

Man, ya know it was 12 years ago that I stumbled upon that first Dukes website of yours and saw ya had a section for fanfiction. I had just finished my first Dukes fanfic and had barely been on the internet for a few months. I took this huge risk sending the story to you and...the rest is history. Khee!

We've come a long way. Like Brian said, the best part is that we've endured and HNet has endured, despite the challenges each of us have faced over the past ten years. I'm very glad to know Mufn and Brian and to have them as part of my life and I'm especially glad to get to know all the Dukes fans out there. It's you guys and gals that make this site work and make it all worthwhile. Yeeehaww!

So here's to many more years! Khee! :deputy::rootbeer:

Yay for making your 1000th post, Mufn! You'll hit 2000 easily now. Khee!

Man, ya know it was 12 years ago that I stumbled upon that first Dukes website of yours and saw ya had a section for fanfiction. I had just finished my first Dukes fanfic and had barely been on the internet for a few months. I took this huge risk sending the story to you and...the rest is history. Khee!

We've come a long way. Like Brian said, the best part is that we've endured and HNet has endured, despite the challenges each of us have faced over the past ten years. I'm very glad to know Mufn and Brian and to have them as part of my life and I'm especially glad to get to know all the Dukes fans out there. It's you guys and gals that make this site work and make it all worthwhile. Yeeehaww!

So here's to many more years! Khee! :deputy::rootbeer:

Nice speechifyin', Deputy. The world may not know ( tho' it's about to ) that you were the one who introduced me to Mufn. And from there things just sorta snowballed. Along the way, we've met more great friends. In a world where most things are too easily discarded and stuff doesn't last, there's no price you can put on a friend that will stand by you in thick and thin.

So, about that Christmas bonus, Mufn... it don't really matter what we get. The best gift has already been received. :D

Congrads on the 1000th post Commander MM! Sorry I'm a little late but I know what ya mean about late night patrols. They really get to ya.

I'm really happy to see this place up and around as much as it has been. Seriously, Hnet is the premier DOH website for all things Dukes. I'm thankful I've been around long enough to see it grow and get to know as many friends I as I have from this place. I think I said this a long time ago but I'm greatful for this online playground we call home and the people who maintain it. MM, you've done a wonderful job with the place and seeing it at it's highest potential is a great honor. Brian and MaryAnne do a awesome job around here and the people I have met here are people I will remember for the rest of my days. Hazzardnet not only got me in touch with a beautiful online family but it also served me as a safe haven at times when my heart was troubled. I knew I could always find a friendly face some place around here to give me a smile, wether they knew that they did or not.

Great job on the place and congrads, keep up the good work and may you have a 1000 more posts MM.

Val

Ok, we have a winner! I assigned numbers to each person based on the order of posting. Each person got one entry. The entrants were as follows:

1. DaisyMaeDuke

2. LoriDavenport

3. RogerDuke

4. AlexJackson

5. JulieDuke

6. GarrettDuke

7. GeneralGrant

8. JesseDuke

9. DaneyDuke

10. ValStrate

11. BoJamesDuke

12. 2 Lost Good Ole Boys

I had a computer program randomly pick a number from 1 to 12 and our winner is #4!! AlexJackson!

Congratulations, Alex! Your calendar will be on its way as soon as I get my posterior to the post office. Thank you everybody for entering and remember, there will be fun and prizes (multiple prizes!) at the HazzardNet Christmas parties and in January for our 10th anniversary!