Memo to Brian: Get Back to Work!

MaryAnne

Brian,

Not to be too demanding or anything but...where's that update to the front page of the site you promised, oh two months ago? And what about that DukesFest summary? And how about some of the other news tidbits and items you've found but haven't done anything with?

Oh, and how come there's no Pepsi left in the vending machine?!

Please get back to me ASAP. Or else.

MaryAnne

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brian,

Not to be too demanding or anything but...where's that update to the front page of the site you promised, oh two months ago? And what about that DukesFest summary? And how about some of the other news tidbits and items you've found but haven't done anything with?

Oh, and how come there's no Pepsi left in the vending machine?!

Please get back to me ASAP. Or else.

MaryAnne

I drank all the Pepsi. Ya snooze, ya loose. Maybe we should put your name over the Pepsi button, so from now on it's a can of MaryAnne for a mere seventy-five cents.

I'm workin' on the General Lee article, and the DukesFest promo. Since when do we have deadlines? DukesFest ain't until the end of June this year, so the way I see it, I had three or four extra weeks right there.

And is it really necessary to put an "or else" on your posts in order to get my attention? Just because I've ignored your private messages, your emails, and I didn't return your phone call doesn't mean I'm not payin' attention, ya know.

Given Brian's rate of return, Daney, it'll be more like a "Sperryville Remembered."

Yes, Brian, it is necessary to use "or else" to get your attention. It obviously worked this time.

So ya drank all the Pepsi? I see. Well that machine doesn't fill itself ya know. But I suppose refilling the vending machine is like using the toliet paper. You use the last of the roll and then leave it there for somebody else to take care of eh? Can't get a new roll out of the closet and change it? So you can't refill the vending machine? I gotta do everything around here?

There is no way a can of MaryAnne would cost seventy-five cents. I'm at least worth a buck-fifty.

Now speaking of doing things...you've certainly demonstrated that you have time to listen to the sound of your own voice. I mean, look at your post count! 1600+! No wonder nothing gets done. I suppose if I applied your work ethic to myself, I'd have 1800 posts by now. And the front page of HNet would still be talking about the 2005 movie.

Since when do we have deadlines? Since....right now. And you know what a stickler I am for deadlines....

:-P

MaryAnne

In the meantime Daney, can ya tell us (briefly) what Sperryville Celebration is about? I've never heard of it. Thanks buddy.

Daney, thanks for bringing up one more thang that I'm behind on. GAH!!

Anyhow, Roger, I updated the Ben Jones/ Cooter section on the Forums, with that bit o' information. In a nutshell, Ben's band is doing a charity gig next month in Sperryville VA.

And now, I must fire a return volley. 'Scuze me....

Given Brian's rate of return, Daney, it'll be more like a "Sperryville Remembered."

Yes, Brian, it is necessary to use "or else" to get your attention. It obviously worked this time.

So ya drank all the Pepsi? I see. Well that machine doesn't fill itself ya know. But I suppose refilling the vending machine is like using the toliet paper. You use the last of the roll and then leave it there for somebody else to take care of eh? Can't get a new roll out of the closet and change it? So you can't refill the vending machine? I gotta do everything around here?

There is no way a can of MaryAnne would cost seventy-five cents. I'm at least worth a buck-fifty.

Now speaking of doing things...you've certainly demonstrated that you have time to listen to the sound of your own voice. I mean, look at your post count! 1600+! No wonder nothing gets done. I suppose if I applied your work ethic to myself, I'd have 1800 posts by now. And the front page of HNet would still be talking about the 2005 movie.

Since when do we have deadlines? Since....right now. And you know what a stickler I am for deadlines....

:-P

MaryAnne

Awright, maybe I'm not so great at housekeeping details. That's evidenced enuff by the fact I never delete old, inactive threads from the Forums. I'll admit it. Fine. Ya got me. And just for spite, I bought the last Nestle' Crunch out of the vending machine and left you the Clark bar nobody can stand. So thhpbthpbth!!

Yeah, I've got 1,683 posts, with this one. Thing is, a good number of those 1,683 posts were in answer to you, MaryAnne. It's no wonder I don't get anything done. I'm always too busy defending myself.

Rather than taking the carrot-and-stick approach and always applying the stick, maybe you should try another tactic if you want quicker results around heah. Say like....switching rank with me. I wouldn't ask for more than that, as long as it gives me complete and total control of HazzardNet.

Then, you'd have plenty of time for those housekeeping issues, like re-stocking the vending machine, and keeping the bathrooms tidy, and picking up all the empty Pepsi cans around the office. Along with getting my dry cleaning and bringing over my lunch.

That would really clear up my schedule, and enable me to get to all these important news items I'm so backlogged on. Makes total sense, doesn't it?

And because you appreciate the importance of deadlines, I'll give ya 24 hours to reply to my demand. Er, request.

Brian

Awright, maybe I'm not so great at housekeeping details. That's evidenced enuff by the fact I never delete old, inactive threads from the Forums. I'll admit it. Fine. Ya got me. And just for spite, I bought the last Nestle' Crunch out of the vending machine and left you the Clark bar nobody can stand. So thhpbthpbth!!

Yeah, I've got 1,683 posts, with this one. Thing is, a good number of those 1,683 posts were in answer to you, MaryAnne. It's no wonder I don't get anything done. I'm always too busy defending myself.

Rather than taking the carrot-and-stick approach and always applying the stick, maybe you should try another tactic if you want quicker results around heah. Say like....switching rank with me. I wouldn't ask for more than that, as long as it gives me complete and total control of HazzardNet.

Then, you'd have plenty of time for those housekeeping issues, like re-stocking the vending machine, and keeping the bathrooms tidy, and picking up all the empty Pepsi cans around the office. Along with getting my dry cleaning and bringing over my lunch.

That would really clear up my schedule, and enable me to get to all these important news items I'm so backlogged on. Makes total sense, doesn't it?

And because you appreciate the importance of deadlines, I'll give ya 24 hours to reply to my demand. Er, request.

Brian

Hey Brian, you need a good secretary over there?

Brian

Hey Brian, you need a good secretary over there?

*looks at watch* Whups, looks like I missed that deadline. Hmm...maybe I am qualified to handle your position afterall. I had my doubts for a bit but it's clear I had no problem blowing off that deadline.

But I can't give up my title. Sorry. Mine's a For Life position.

At least, until such time as Meadowmufn decides to fire me, either for not getting you and me to stay on task or I trip a cord and blow up HNet. *cough* Again.

Um...a secretary! There ya go, Brian, looks like Julie there would be more than happy to be your secretary. She'll probably pick up your dry cleaning, bring you lunch, re-stock the vending machines and take care of all those other housekeeping issues that neither one of us can keep up with. Maybe Alex can help ya out too, he's a strong guy, he can lug in all those cases of Pepsi and stock the machine.

You'd do that, wouldn't ya Alex?

Why didn't I think of this before? I believe the word is called DELEGATING.

Brilliant!

:deputy:

*looks at watch* Whups, looks like I missed that deadline. Hmm...maybe I am qualified to handle your position afterall. I had my doubts for a bit but it's clear I had no problem blowing off that deadline.

But I can't give up my title. Sorry. Mine's a For Life position.

At least, until such time as Meadowmufn decides to fire me, either for not getting you and me to stay on task or I trip a cord and blow up HNet. *cough* Again.

Um...a secretary! There ya go, Brian, looks like Julie there would be more than happy to be your secretary. She'll probably pick up your dry cleaning, bring you lunch, re-stock the vending machines and take care of all those other housekeeping issues that neither one of us can keep up with. Maybe Alex can help ya out too, he's a strong guy, he can lug in all those cases of Pepsi and stock the machine.

You'd do that, wouldn't ya Alex?

Why didn't I think of this before? I believe the word is called DELEGATING.

Brilliant!

:deputy:

Why of course MaryAnne! Let me haul the cases over and stock the machine! :D

Is Brian the reason why there was no April Joke on the front page?

I was really bum when there wasn't any.

Yes, there's a good reason. MeadowMufn is on a leave of absence for a couple weeks, so there's only been two of us Administrative types to ignore the place. So it was one of those things MaryAnne and I had to let go of, in order to keep up our ignorance on other fronts.

Believe me, I wish we coulda found the time for April Fool's, I had a real corker up my sleeve.

Why of course MaryAnne! Let me haul the cases over and stock the machine! :D

Put down the Pepsi, boy! Ain't no outsourcin' goin' on with my gig!

I see what the scheme is now. MaryAnne figures to parcel out a few of my duties here and there, and before I know it -- pow! I'm replaced.

Tho' it would be nice to have a secretary. Or five or six of 'em. Tho' again, I'd run the risk of not having enough work of my own to do, and then suddenly finding myself un-essential. And unemployed.

On another note, if MaryAnne's position here is for life....I have to wonder, what she did to deserve the sentence. Bahahaha.

Put down the Pepsi, boy! Ain't no outsourcin' goin' on with my gig!

I see what the scheme is now. MaryAnne figures to parcel out a few of my duties here and there, and before I know it -- pow! I'm replaced.

Tho' it would be nice to have a secretary. Or five or six of 'em. Tho' again, I'd run the risk of not having enough work of my own to do, and then suddenly finding myself un-essential. And unemployed.

On another note, if MaryAnne's position here is for life....I have to wonder, what she did to deserve the sentence. Bahahaha.

Since when is refilling a pepsi machine outsourcing?? *chuckles* MaryAnne asked me very nicely to fill the pepsi machine.

Oh mercy there she goes...

Brian, the importance of your job is to work is it not? And to be proud of it? How can you be proud of sitting around? Hm?

Knowing him he is probably sleeping again!

I'm very proud of sitting around. :D Some of my most productive times are when I'm sitting around. Or laying around, as the case may currently be. ;)

Oh mercy there she goes...

Brian, the importance of your job is to work is it not? And to be proud of it? How can you be proud of sitting around? Hm?

Knowing him he is probably sleeping again!

My job is very important, and I am proud of it. But I'm also proud of dodging as much work as possible, while holding as much power as I can grab.

I've been after MaryAnne's job for a long time, ya know. Tho' I've realized, I'm not even sure what her job is. Other than to make sure I'm working. If we eliminated MaryAnne's position, it would lead to greater efficiencies around here, because without the middleman I could simply yell at myself.

I'm very proud of sitting around. :D Some of my most productive times are when I'm sitting around. Or laying around, as the case may currently be. ;)

You're supposed to be taking it easy. It ain't a leave of absence if you haven't left. In any case, welcome back, if you're back. If you're not back...then, whenever you leave, I'll look forward to your return.

My job is very important, and I am proud of it. But I'm also proud of dodging as much work as possible, while holding as much power as I can grab.

I've been after MaryAnne's job for a long time, ya know. Tho' I've realized, I'm not even sure what her job is. Other than to make sure I'm working. If we eliminated MaryAnne's position, it would lead to greater efficiencies around here, because without the middleman I could simply yell at myself.

MaryAnne has a job? I'm shocked!! :rofl:

MaryAnne has a job? I'm shocked!! :rofl:

Hey, I ain't just another pretty face around here. I actually do work!

And keeping Brian in line is pretty much my full time occupation. Like Brian pointed out, if he were to succeed me in my job, he'd have to yell at himself. And he'd be too lazy to even do that.

The place would crumble at that point and he knows it.

I have other duties too. Umm....*looks at job descrption* "Other duties as assigned." There, see? I have other duties too! I just don't exactly know what they are or when they'll be assigned. :)

Hey, I ain't just another pretty face around here. I actually do work!

And keeping Brian in line is pretty much my full time occupation. Like Brian pointed out, if he were to succeed me in my job, he'd have to yell at himself. And he'd be too lazy to even do that.

The place would crumble at that point and he knows it.

I have other duties too. Umm....*looks at job descrption* "Other duties as assigned." There, see? I have other duties too! I just don't exactly know what they are or when they'll be assigned. :)

If ya so say MaryAnne. :poke: