Memo to Brian: Get Back to Work!

MaryAnne

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it safe to come out yet?

MaryAnne wields a mean noodle.....

Oh, by the way. I haven't done diddly-squat around here in the past two weeks. I love this job! It's like havin' a license to be lazy.

A license to be lazy? I didn't issue that license. Looks like it might be time to issue a suspension...

I noticed in another thread that a taser got your attention right quick. Now why didn't I think of that when I started this effort at Positive Reinforcement?

A license to be lazy? I didn't issue that license. Looks like it might be time to issue a suspension...

I noticed in another thread that a taser got your attention right quick. Now why didn't I think of that when I started this effort at Positive Reinforcement?

Taser? You haven't altogether mastered the tv remote control. I ain't sure carryin' around 50,000 volts on your hip is a good idea.

Taser? You haven't altogether mastered the tv remote control. I ain't sure carryin' around 50,000 volts on your hip is a good idea.

I don't need the remote! I just make Rosco get up and change the channel...Khee!

Um, about carryin' that 50,000 volts....are those things really 50,000 volts?! I mean, I suppose that could be dangerous....

.....but pretty darn e-ffective eh? Hehehehheheh. No wonder you ran like a jackrabbit in that other thread. Khee!

I don't need the remote! I just make Rosco get up and change the channel...Khee!

Um, about carryin' that 50,000 volts....are those things really 50,000 volts?! I mean, I suppose that could be dangerous....

.....but pretty darn e-ffective eh? Hehehehheheh. No wonder you ran like a jackrabbit in that other thread. Khee!

MaryAnne, you carry a gun, and that's pretty damn dangerous. Hell, when you sit behind the control panel of HazzardNet, that's dangerous.

Besides, you can get a good cattle prod at Farm & Fleet for about twenty bucks.

MaryAnne, you carry a gun, and that's pretty damn dangerous. Hell, when you sit behind the control panel of HazzardNet, that's dangerous.

Besides, you can get a good cattle prod at Farm & Fleet for about twenty bucks.

Hmmm... *thinks about this* Nah, I think I'll stick with the tools I got. My gun, the nightstick, a pair of cuffs and my devastating wit.

Yes, I am dangerous with my gun. Whereas Rosco is more than likely to shoot his own foot off, I'm more than likely to shoot your foot off.

So long as you keep shootin' yer mouth off and not gettin' any work done!

Danger, Brian Coltrane! Danger! :deputy:

Oh, since you're asking so nicely, I'll do some work.

*sorts paper clips, separating the small ones from the big ones, whistling tunelessly*

*sighs* Well that's a start I suppose....

When you finish that you can rearrange the supply closet for me. Somewhere in there, there's a box of blue pens and some highlighters but danged if I can find them.

Can't beat a small town for excitment, can ya!

Awright, I can't stand to see a grown deputy unhappy. I'll write an article tonight. Honestly. We'll update the home page tomorrow night and see if anybody notices. How's that?

Oooo! Really?! Khee!

*does happy dance*

Hmmm... *thinks about this* Nah, I think I'll stick with the tools I got. My gun, the nightstick, a pair of cuffs and my devastating wit.

Yes, I am dangerous with my gun. Whereas Rosco is more than likely to shoot his own foot off, I'm more than likely to shoot your foot off.

So long as you keep shootin' yer mouth off and not gettin' any work done!

Danger, Brian Coltrane! Danger! :deputy:

Interesting tools MaryAnne! Nightsticks... cuffs...WOW!

• 4 months later...
Holy Bleep! It only took four months but I finally got Brian to do something!

That's gotta be a record. Khee! :D

Yes, you got me to do somethin'. Kindly release my car from the impound yard. I'd also appreciate getting this handcuff off, because dragging around the metal file cabinet drawer that's attached to it is kinda cumbersome. Not to mention noisy.

Ok, so I fell asleep on the job a few times, no reason why we can't start over fresh, is there?

And please call off your dog.

Thank ya in advance. Have I mentioned how it's great to be back? Really! It is. Glad to be here! ( because it beats the alternatives)

Brian

Yes, you got me to do somethin'. Kindly release my car from the impound yard. I'd also appreciate getting this handcuff off, because dragging around the metal file cabinet drawer that's attached to it is kinda cumbersome. Not to mention noisy.

Ok, so I fell asleep on the job a few times, no reason why we can't start over fresh, is there?

And please call off your dog.

Thank ya in advance. Have I mentioned how it's great to be back? Really! It is. Glad to be here! ( because it beats the alternatives)

Brian

Khee! You love it here, you just can't stay away.

Of course, with your car in the impound and that metal filing cabinet drawer handcuffed to ya and my dog keeping a watch on ya...it's kinda hard to leave ain't it? :D

Awright, seein' ya did such a great job on that front page article I'll letcha outta the cuffs, I'll let the car out of the impound and I'll call off Bandit. I think we can start over fresh. :deputy:

As Brian pointed out I just made it difficult for him to enjoy the freedom of movement. Heh!

If that was freedom, I'd hate to see the alternative. Tho' I suppose that was the point.

I'll have another homepage update....eh, maybe Friday night or Saturday. There's a couple of Dukes thangs goin' on out there.

One thing I'm way behind on that I meant to do over the summer, is buy and read Ben's book. Anybody read it yet? If somebody's got a book report, lemme know.

If that was freedom, I'd hate to see the alternative. Tho' I suppose that was the point.

I'll have another homepage update....eh, maybe Friday night or Saturday. There's a couple of Dukes thangs goin' on out there.

One thing I'm way behind on that I meant to do over the summer, is buy and read Ben's book. Anybody read it yet? If somebody's got a book report, lemme know.

Redneck Boy In The Promised Land, there isn't alot of talk about Hazzard County. Favorite parts were about Miss Ila. A few sensitive topics. Some funny moments. Will everyone like every single word, probably not. A decent balance of trying to put a life into two hundred, ninety two pages.

The book contains: dedication to Miss Alma, contents, prologue, 5 sections & acknowledgments.

Prologue: Pages 1 - 4

"The Singing Cowboy Of Sugar Hill": Pages 6 - 72, early life

"Way Down Drunk In Dixie": Pages 73 - 147, adult life before Hazzard County

"Out Of The Horrible Pit, Out Of The Miry Clay": Pages 149 - 183. Page 157 starts Hazzard County.

"The Most Unlikely Candidate": Pages 185 - 262, Politics.

Pages 258 - 259, Back to Hazzard County.

"Paradise Found": 263 - 290. Pages 269 - 272, Cooter's Place, Sperryville. Page 276 - Cooter's Place, Gatlinburg. Pages 279 - 283. Pages 280 -281, Cooter's Place, Nashville.

Acknowledgments: Pages 291 - 292. There may be a Hazzard County comment here or there on a few other pages.

Basically: Pages 6 - 156, before Hazzard County. Pages 157 - 183, Hazzard County during the series. Pages 185 - 290, after Hazzard County to 2006/7.

Pages 143 - 144, details of September 26th, 1977.

Pages 145- 147, the first step of his addiction recovery journey.

It definitely could be described as inspirational and educational text for those recovering from addiction.

I know someone that this book helped over this past Labor Day 2008. Trying to understand a loved one's addiction and recovery.