Days of Shine and Romance!

DixieDavenport

Lori sighed and nodded,"Ya gotta keep ole Coy outta trouble....me and poor ole Uncle Jesse wouldn't be able to handle him."

Vance laughed and looked out over the back forty.

Lori sighed and said,"Think i'll go to bed now... thanks Vance."

Vance nodded and watched her go in.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That night Lori got an unexpected phone call from Boss. He was still at the courthouse. Lori answered the phone and was shocked to hear who it was,"Boss?? what is it?"

Boss told her to meet him there immediatley.

Lori went in and pulled some clothes on, she got in Midnight and started it up. Uncle Jesse knew she left and so he sat up and waited.

Lori pulled up to the courthouse and climbed out. "Whats so danged important Boss?"

Boss only smiled and said,"Yer daddy gave me a call....he's in need of some financial help.....Yer the only kin around here to help him...his doctor bill gotta little steep and so he calls his only friend, naming me, fer help."

Lori looked to him skeptically and raised an eyebrow crossin her arms leaning against the car.

Boss then proceeded to explain,"You run shine for me.... pay me the profits you make....we'l split it 50/50 you send yer share to yer daddy..."

Lori sighed, ONLY her father would choose to run with a crowd like Boss. She looked to Boss and shook her head,"Boss...."

Boss didn't even have no time to explain and two men stepped out of a near by car."You see here Loren...if YOU don't help me these two will....take care of yer SAFE exit from Hazzard County."

Lori looked to Boss,"Yer threatening me... you can't do that!"

One of the men stepped up and picked Lori straight up by her shirt collar, Boss nodded and smiled..."I can and I will.."

Luke happened to see it from the window, he saw Midnight and knew that behind of her's if he ever saw it!

Luke.............

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Luke tried to do things legally, he turned to the Federal officer, "Officer, my wife is being assaulted outside the WINDOW!"

The office set up but didn't move, "Duke I've been briefed on you Dukes!"

"Briefed HE--! You get on THAT phone and get somebody out there of this 'so called cage' won't be in one piece when I go through it."

"That could be considered an escape threat! You could be charged with..............."

"An escape PROMISE if you don't help my wife! Make the call to help HER and file your da-- charges! Do YOU BEST!!! But so help me!!!!!!!!"

"I'm calling! I'm calling, Just calm down!"

With in mere seconds the Federal officer had called his fellow oficers at the hotel telling them he had a distrubacne that possibly could be linked to an escape plan outside the courthouse. A couple of seconds later 2 more Federal officers surrounded Midnight, Lori, Boss Hogg and his 2 hired men.

By this time Bo and Jeb were awake and trying to calm Luke down who was now threatening everyone concerned with harrassing Lori outside!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lori had no idea what was up but...................

Lori had no idea what was up but she kicked the man below the belt, her dropping to the ground, she caught hersel sos not to hurt the baby.

The officers looked to the two and they were up against the car. They looked to Boss,"Miss Loren is one of my many buisness associates...we were having a formal buisness conversation when these two miscrients showed up and attakced her, I aint never seen such ill mannerable acts in all my life!"

The officers looked to Boss and then to Lori, she hesitated somewhat and lied,"Yes sir its the truth.."

The officers took the two men tothe jailhouse booking them.

Boss looked to lori and pointed that stubby finger,"You aint off the hook either, I have more around here and you WILL run the shine for me.."

Lori sighed and looked to the jail, she could see Luke from the window he looked fit to be tied. Lori sighed and looked to the jail. She went over to it and sighed walking in, she went downstairs as the officer opened up the door,"Ma'am if you can get him to calm down please do so.." Lori nodded and softly said,"Luke?"

Luke was only a bit calmer thanks to Bo and Jeb. When Luke saw Lori he asked through gritted teeth, "Tell me you are ok? Or so help me I'm coming outta here on somebody!"

Lori walked to the bars and placed her hands around his clenched ones, they were so tense she could see the veins in them,"Easy easy honey, im ok...just had a squabble with a couple of boss's "buisness associates" im ok.."

Luke was visiably breathing very hard. Luke knew enough about Lori's history that it may NOT be a good time to talk, "Do I want to hear THIS now?"

"No, Honey. But I am fine and so is the baby, Thanks for gettng us help! OK?"

Lori sighed and swallowed hard, she hated lying to Luke..now that he was her husband it was even harder for her to lie to him... She pressed her head against the bars and sighed letting out a long shaky sigh.

All she could do was say, "I'm fine really! Just please calm down, Honey, OK?"

Luke sighed and rubbed her shoulders, smiling. He calmed down and nodded,"Just as long as yer ok darlin im fine."

Lori nodded and looked to the clock,"I gotta get home sweetheart.. I may stop by tomorrow and see ya, IF I can make it to town in one piece!"

Luke sighed and nodded, he kissed her and told her he loved her. She walked up the stairs as Luke watched he banged his head against the bars.

The officer on duty watched Lori walk up the stairs as well, he looked to Luke and with a low whislte he said,"THAT'S yer wife?"

Luke glared at him,"YEAH, that's MY wife and unborn CHILD going up those steps! You got something to say about it??"

The officer had no brains and replied,"Shhhhhhhh, I don't see HER waiting 10 years for YOU!"

Luke wasroyally pissed now.."we'll just have to SEE wont' WE??? I'd bet my memory against your FLESH any DAY!"

The officer backed off and looked wide eyed to the enraged Duke.

Lori was getting in Midnight and heard Luke,"LUKE!!! I HEARD THAT!! NOW DANG IT I TOLD YA TA CALM DOWN!!"

Luke replied, "Godda--! moth--fu----- SOB! Lori if he gets near you TELL ME!!!!!!!!" Luke snorted and set on the bunk.

Lori replied, "Da-- IT LUKE, I'm FINE, just PLEASE calm down. I'll be there to see ya tomorrow."

She soon pulled out..sighing and cussing a blue streak.

Bo and Jeb ried to calm him down. "Da-- IT, LUKE!!! It's OK now!"

Luke finally took a deep breath and said, "As long as Lori's fine --- so am I."

Bo and Jeb fell over laughing,"little advice on our cousin...I can think of a better thing to do than to mess with his woman...like stick a grenade in yer mouth or up yer a**!!!!"

The officer winced and set back.

lUKE..........

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~``

Lori pulled up as it was almost dawn, Uncle Jesse looked to her from the kitchen table........

Luke continued to glare at him! He finally smiled an said to Bo's comment, "Yeah, I like grenades! They sure do make identifying body pieces hard!?" Luke smiled!

The Federal officer looked at Luke and.................

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lori pulled up in Midnight, seeing Uncle Jesse up she knew it wouldn't be good. She.............

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In the meantime Dixie woke up sore form the days cleaning before and decided to clean the garage first TODAY hoping to find some stashed moonshine!

The Federal officer looked at Luke and retorted,"Thats terroristic threatening and if I hear that again it may just be next to 20 years before you get out!"

Luke smiled and laid down, smelling Lori's perfume stronger than ever.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lori pulled up in Midnight, seeing Uncle Jesse up she knew it wouldn't be good. She got out and sighed,"Look...Uncle Jesse I had to go to town to talk to Boss Hogg....my daddy got ahold of him and he had to give me something that he thought couldn't wait til morning."

"Lori, child, I know you have family problems of your own. As long as your problems and mine don't conflict we are good!" Jesse said.

Lori sighed and nodded, "yes'sir.... if you'll excuse me i gotta go get things ready for breakfast."

Lori headed straight to the bathroom though and sighed. She then went to prepare for breakfast.....

Luke smelled Lori's perfume stronger than ever and it's effects were also stronger than ever. But Luke couldn't help but wonder WHY she was with Boss Hogg in the middle of the night, alone, in fornt of the courthouse. Luke didn't like it at the time and his speculations only made what he saw WORSE!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jesse and Lori managed to get breakfast done. Lori wan't hungery but she could lay down for a couple hours. It was against 'house' rule to lay down once work began at the Duke farm, so Lori fudged just a bit saying she had to go to the Davenport farm for something. She hoped when she got there it was empty so she could lay down awhile...............

Lori really drove to a small cabin that her mother and father had built so they could go on their honeymoon.

She walked in, seeing the memories and went to lay down.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Vance sighed as he went off to work with Coy, he wanted to talk to Lori since they got thngs squared up, but he knew she'd never glance at him ever again.

Uncle Jesse knew Lori was lying and knew something was up between her and Boss Hogg wasn't good.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Luke, meanwhile at the jailhouse, had stayed asleep..he'd finally dozed off still smelling her perfume stronger than ever,his thoughts raced about all thats happened and IF Lori really would wait 10 years for him...

Luke awoke for the first time since being arrested. He was IN PAIN from his need and desire for his new wife. As he awoke, he felt the pain and need. He turned away from Bo and Jeb and stiffled a groan. He tried to gain control of his breathing by closing his eyes which was coming in labored gasps. After several minutes Luke though he had gained some conrol and managed to set up though his jeans were several sizes smaller than 'normal'. He noticed Jeb half setting -- half laying on the top bunk in the next cell. Luke didn't half to ask, he knew what the problem was. He said, "She sure has grown up in all the right places ain't she?"

Jeb barely was able to answer between his memories and dreams, "God, Luke, how are you dealing with this?"

Luke took a couple deep breaths and replied, "I ain't doing no better than YOU. And the very same way you ARE, ok?" Luke sighed loudly. If only he could have just 24 hours with Lori --- He-- he'd take an hour!"

Jeb looked at Luke in suprise.

Bo looked at them as if they were a bit crazy, "It's only been ............"

Luke glared, "Too DA---- long!"

Jeb said, "Yeah, you are 'good' cause you ain't had Lady Gadiva and COUSIN trying to seduce YOU!"

Luke couldn't help hisself he pictured the scene as Jeb described it to Bo and couldn't help but to laugh! Even though he knew he and Jeb would be in serious pain without some sort of 'relief', but he knew it wouldn't be the kind he wanted or needed!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dixie woke up tired and sore from cleaning and decided to sleep in or at least stay in bed awhile......

~~~~~~

Luke laid back down and groaned and moaned and went on, same as Jeb. Bo was getting a little tired of it. Bo rolled his eyes as some small blonde woman, a guard, came down, it didn't all tha much interest Luke or Jeb, but it got Bo stirring. Bo bit his lip and whimpered, Luke and Jeb fell over laughing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dixie woke up tired and sore from cleaning and decided to sleep in or at least stay in bed awhile and tried to ease the pain, it did....but she had this burning desire for Luke AND Jeb.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cooter and Luther though...............

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lori had woken up a couple hours later, feeling refreshed but a little tired. She sighed and got up and headed out to Midnight.

When she arrived to the farm she saw everything as it should, everyone working. She walked in and changed into a blue sundress, she pulled her hair back and walked out taking down the clothes. Vance watched her. A good thing like her going to waste, because of his own flesh and blood..

Vance........

Vance sighed and swore, "DA-- YOU Luke!" He too breathed in ragged breaths. He was almost as in need as Luke and Jeb were! He knew Lori was only inches away, separated by only 4 inches of wall.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Luke and Jeb were finding Bo's 'discomfort' in his present situation MORE ammusing than their own! as they watched him watch the Federal officer that was taking over 'the duty' until morning. They both noticed Bo become rock hard with discomfort.

Luke said with a grin for only him to hear, "Frustrating to be able to see her and know you can't have her ain't it?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cooter and Luther though found it rather amusing the fact that Dixie AND Lori were to say the least a bit 'hot and bothered'! The fact that BL didn't have a steady boyfriend wasn't an issue as she also became frustrated with NO relief at all in sight! It was slmost AS bad as having a boyfriend in jail for YEARS!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In the meantime, Dixie was awake and was burning hot for Jeb OR LUKE. She would like to think it was only for Luke, but she knew if the circumstances were right she would never refuse Jeb!

Lori knew that if she truely wanted her desire to be relieved she could go and ask Vance she had noticed him watching her she sighed and looked out towards the roads, she took the clothes in and pulled out some of Luke's jeans, remembering the thougths of him when she was down there made her weak at the knees, as her desire built hotter and hotter for him. If she could only have an hour or a day with Luke she'd relieve the tension and desire.

She went to the kitchen and cleaned and she continued to clean anyone who got in her way or dirtied HER floor would be got!

Lori started fanning herself, "Uncle Jesse we really need an air conditioner."

Uncle Jesse looked to Lori and said,"Lori....it aint even 50 some odd degrees outside!"

Lori felt hot and she was terribly terribly bothered.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bo glared at Luke then to his pants,"Shut the he** up!! it aint funny....I see what ya'll are going through now!"

Luke and Jeb both grinned to each other and looked to the guard they whispered things to Bo unmentionable and he was in NEED BADLY!! Luke and Jeb like to have fell off the bed laughing and snickering at Bo.

Luke sighed and said,"Fellers we might as well get over it... aint none of us gonna get any!!"

Jeb sighed and was almost in tears,"Dont remind me!"

Luke let out a shaky breath,"Loris coming today, da** just what I need!! She'll strut through those doors and thats it!"

Jeb WAS in tears,"I've went tooo long without any and ohhh god im gonna die"

The guard, however notcied Bo and was winking to him and all.

"Hey there..."

Was all she said and that got Bo to stumble to his feet,"Hey there yerself!"

The guard reached through the bars, and was actually relieveing Bo!

Luke and Jeb's mouth dropped literally to the ground,"THAT AINT RIGHT!!!! MY WIFE AND HIS GIRLFRIEND CAN'T DO THAT FOR US!!!"

The guard smiled and watched Bo's expression.

Luke and Jeb got pissed and waited they'd both rang his neck.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lori knew that Dixie wouldn't be at the garage today, she decided to pay a visit.

When she go tthere though what she saw shocked her. Cooter and Luther.........

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When Lori got the garage what she saw shocked her Cooter and Luther.....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dixie finally made it out of bed and stumbled to the bathroom she needed a hot bath for her aching muscles but needed a cold shower for other things.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Back at the jail Luke and Jeb were dying almost literally Bo on the other hand was a happy camper the lady officer had done him wonders.....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

B.L pulled up at the garage shortly after Lori and stepped in seeing the same thing Lori was seeing but didn't pay it much mind she looked at Lori dressed in a summer dress even though it was only 50 degrees outside and the temperature was dropping. Smirking she asked indicating the fact it was a summer dress.

"A little hot and bothered are we cousin?"

Lori shot B.L and dirty look and said "Shut up Brandy Lou afore I knock yer teeth out!"

B.L folded her arms and leant to the side a little with attitude "ooh I'm shakin' in my boots NOT"

Lori took a swing at B.L but missed when B.L ducked, now ordinarily the fight would be on and the two would go rolling around the garage punching and cussing a blue streak but B.L didn't want to risk hurting the unborn child Lori was carrying so just held her ground but Lori was 'frustrated' and wasn't gonna back down.

"What's a matter cousin you chicken?" Lori taunted taking another swing at B.L connecting with her lip this time.

B.L stared a whole right through Lori and said lethally "do that again and I'm gonna slap you silly!"

Well Lori took the challenge and went to do it again only to have her hand grabbed in a vice like grip by B.L and her jaws rang good for her. Cooter and Luther saw a fight coming on and quickly seperated the two. B.L jerked free of Luther and stomped off around the side of the garage leaning her forehead on the wall breathing hard she was mad along with being 'frustrated' and hot.

Looking over at the jail house she could see Luke looking out the window and thought him and Bo and Jeb must be about to die over there without 'company' of the female persuasion little did she know Bo was happy as a clam at the moment. This only made her own perdicament seem worse and she turned back to the wall banging her head on it repeatedly whimpering in frustration and pain of her own.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Back at the Duke Farm.....

Lori looked to the jail and it was like she could smell Luke..his aftershave, Lori screamed like a banshee and was cussing stopming around. She pulled out some work clothes from her car. Luther and Cooter swallowed hard,"OHHHH LORDIE WE'RE GONNA DIE!!!! SHE'S DONT FLIPPED HER LID!!"

B.L. looked to Lori and started cussing herself. Lori walked out and pulle dher hair back,"WERES THE GOD FER SAKIN WRENCHES AT??!!"

Cooter shook a little at the sight, she was blood red, her muscles flexed. Cooter shakily reached through the toolbox and held it out to her, she jerked it causing Cooter to scream like a little girl and jumping on the desk outta her way.

Untellings whos car she was working on, she crawled in under it and went to work,"That no good..... the da** things got a leak.... I swear that son of a bi***.... well i be da**ed!!! COOTER!!!"

Cooter swallowed and said,"H..he died...."

Lori crawled out,"Yea well I'll bring the holy ghost alive in him if he don't hand me that oil pan."

Cooter kicked it in under to her, she cussed at him fer that and went in under.

Luther meanwhile, was in the back keeping an eye sos the estrogen filled room didn't overflow too badly with estrogen..

Cooter got brave though adn looked to his two cousins........

Cooter got brave though and looked to his two cousins saying "What's ya'lls problem ya ain't never acted this way before when you wasn't gettin' any action."

The two glared at Cooter with killer looks the demon that he was sure was their souls shining in their eyes. He gulped briefly but continued with his bravery or it might be thought of more as stupidity once he'd finished.

"Well ladies I'm sorry about ya'll but I am gettin' it got me a date tonight as a matter of fact."

The instant the words 'i am gettin' it' left his mouth Lori was out from under the car she was working on just as B.L took a threatening step toward him. Cooter for once having the sense god gave a goose turned tail and ran for all he was worth. Both B.L and Lori hot on his heels, Lori brandishing the wrench she'd been using to work on the car but B.L had been a little more drastic and was brandishing a club hammer and both were running after him at top speed screaming threats of

"I'M GONNA KILL YOU COOTER DAVENPORT". "JUST YOU WAIT TILL I GET MY HANDS ON YOU GONNA KNOCK YOU UPSIDE THE HEAD WITH THIS CLUB HAMMER!"

Cooter looked back over his shoulder to see how close they were on his tail and almost tripped but only stumbled briefly and kept right on running!

Lori was quick to be pregnant, Cooter was running for the jail, he darted around the corner screeching, Luke bolted up to the window."THEY'RE GONNA KILL ME!!!! HEEEELP!!"

Luke looked to Cooter and then saw what he thought was two demons sent straight from he**, B.L. stood with the club hammer in hand, Lori had picked up a wrench, both girls were smirking evily and were laughing as if demons DID posses them. Cooter was squealing like a girl as he bolted past the two,B.L. walking after him like she was Jason or Micheal Myers, Lori was right in behind her until Luke called to her,"Lor....whats going on???!! you looked extremely PISSED!"

Lori sighed and dropped the wrench setting at the window,"Luke...darlin..I just don't know how long I can keep this up.... me and B.L. and Dixie are ALL dying!"

Luke at this point was groaning loudly,"I know it.......GOD if I could only get an hour with you or a day......I'll be ok!"

Lori whimpered and squeezed her eyes,"I was thinking the same thing darlin...you just dont know sugar!"

Luke took hold of her hand and said,"I aint about to tell you to wait for me... cause i know as beautiful as you are... theres a lot of men around thatd want to be with you.. honey if you have THAT much desire, then relieve it."

Lori sighed." Luke, It aint fair fer me to go and break my promise I made ta ya you and God darlin...I don't care, absence makes the heart grow fonder... I can wait... hopefully."

Luke chuckled softly to her,"I hope too.."

Lori sighed and said,"I'll be back later... I gotta go kill Cooter."

Luke looked to her, she never did tell him what she was doing to him or what he had done....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lori turned the corner swinging the wrench,"COOTER??!!!!! COUSIN.... I JUST WANNA Talk!!!!"

B.L. had him chasing him, Cooter heard her and........

B.L had him chasing him, Cooter heard her and kept right on running calling back over his shoulder

"NUH UH CUZ I AIN'T FALLIN' FER THAT....I STOP AND YOU TWO'S GONNA KILL MEEEE!!!!"

B.L was almost on him swinging that club hammer more like an axe than a hammer and replied

"Don't matter if you stop I'M GONNA KILL YA ANYWAY!!!!!"

Well Lori seen he wasn't gonna stop so she.....

Well Lori seen he wasn't gonna stop so she got her wrench and yelled,"B!! DUCK!!"

B.L. dropped to the ground and Lori flung the wrench, her being on the softball team in highschool, crakced Cooter right square center in his back. Cooter went hobbling humped over to the garage. B.L. and Lori walked in, panting they looked to each other and gave each other a high five.

Luther sighed and shook his head,"Ya'll a sad..."

He saw the looks and threw his hands up in an 'i surrender' form.

B.L. set down and started banging her head on a chair.

Lori went to work on the car...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dixie meanwhile.....

~~~~~~`

Luke meanwhile.........

Dixie meanwhile decided to take a look at the barn. She knew it needed cleaned but wasn't sure she was up to it today. Besides, she wanted to go see Jeb in a bit and hopefully not run into Lori seeing Luke. She didn't need a repeat of the previous visit and she figured the guys didn't either. Dixie browsed and snooped around the big barn. She was just about to go back into the house to get ready when she spoted an old kitchen cabinet which had been put in the garage to store things in a couple years ago. Wonder what Cooter and Luther had managed to store in it. She opened the draws then finally the door not finding anything of any interest she was just about to close the door when she a very dusty tin lid far in the back of the cabinet. She began to dig through the other contents to get to it. It WAS what she thought it was. Surely Cooter had forgotten about it being there. She took the jar in the house and put it really far in the back of her closet, then covered it with clothes that hadn't been moved in ages.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Luke meanwhile was remembering the conversation with Lori through the window. He took a bit of satisfaction that she too needed him and also had truely valued her promise to him and, as she had mentioned, God too. He felt if she had been doing something wrong she wouldn't have said those things. They had both pleased him and troubled him to the point he told her to seek relief if she needed to. He meant it when he said it. He'd have to stand by it, but God he hoped she wouldn't. Yet, if he was convicted --- where was that coming from he thought --- how would YOU not be? Ok, so after he was convicted he knew he could be gone the entire ten years. How could he really expect her to wait that long? Maybe he could live with it IF he just didn't know about it or at least not WHO. He knew if he found out that she had with Vance or a close friend he'd never be able to get over it. Yeah, he'd talk to her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Unknown to the boys, Jesse Duke was upstairs at this very moment talking with Agent Roach, his superior and several other AFT officer and Revenue Agents. Jesse was trying to be very calm, but the truth was this many law officers in one place made even him nervous. He approached Agant Roach and said, "Agent."

Agent Roach gave him a bit of a smile, "Call me Andy."

Jesse nodded, "Well, Ok, Age.... I mean Andy."

Jesse was introduced to the others, but they were letting Agent Roach do most of the talking, "Mr. Duke, I don't have the power to do what is going to be talked about in this room today. As on of several Agents who works in Hazzard and surrounding areas, I happen to know a bit about you and your family, which is my job to know these things." He smiled again, "But, these people have the power to help your nephews receive a much lighter sentence. Firstly, as I said, I do know enough about you, Mr. Duke to know that if you give your word it is that. Your reputation on that matter wasn't even questionable with anyone I talked to. I also know that you and your family are looked up to highly by the community. For these reasons and others, after I caught your nephews and especially after finding out one was recently married, I felt that incarcerating these young men for such a long time wouldn't serve justice. Basically, I felt the punishment wouldn't fit the crime in this case. I also felt that with the moonshine still being produced and other drivers avaiable that it wouldn't keep the moonshine from being made, sold delievered, or consumed. So, I talk to you and you said you would be willing to talk about a deal?"

Jesse said, "If it will help my boys, I'll at least hear what you got to say."

The superior officer asked, "So you do admit to making moonshine?"

Roach glared at the far to eager man.

Jesse was beinging to stand up.

Roach held his hand up for Jesse to stop and said, "Mr. Duke, what will happen in order for us to proceed. I'll explain just exactly how much your boys sentence, based on a guilty plea, could be reduced. Then, you will have time to think about what is being asked of you and your family as wel as what the Department is willing to give. If you all agree, there will be a court date set for the boys to enter a guilty plea for the transportation of the moonshine. Then, and ONLY then, would you be required to be arrested, charged and sign a plea of guilt for making the moonshine. Once those four plea agreements are signed, the judge will sentence your four."

Jesse wasn't likeing all this but he was listening, "Just how is my pleading guilty gonna help my boys? What would happen with me?"

Roach smiled again, "The Department is prepared to drop the boys charges to where they could only do a maximun of one year as opposed to the ten years as the charges stand now. Your charges would be dropped down to where you would only face up to one year in prison. The Judge would then lok at the information, see how much information, like how long the activity has been going on, how much shine you figure to have made, the locations of teh stills and the turning over of any produce already made. The more co-opereative you and your family are the more likely the sentence will be lighter. The Judge could even sentence you all to probation where you'd only have to report to an officer about once a month or so. Under the circumstances, and since I was the arresting officer, I'd even be willing to ask the Judge to give you four probabtion since this is the first arrest."

Jesse was a pretty fair country laywer, which Agent Roach had also been told, "So, you are saying I'd have to go through the red tape of an arrest in order to be charged with a crime so that I could also be sentenced with the boys?"

Roach replied, "Yes, basically."

Jesse continued, "And if we all plead guilty, the most we could get if a year? But, that probation is possible, with us co-operating. If that would be the case my boys and myself would be released right then?"

Roach added, "The Department would also ask that you sign an agreement that neither you or the boys would ever make, sale, transport, or possess any amounts of illegal alcohol again."

Jesse asked somethign else, "Should I do this, the information that I'd be proving would only involve my family. We would not be expected to give information on others would we?"

Roach replied, "It would be your family's information only."

Jesse nodded. "When can I get back to you?"

Roach replied, "Next week? That will give you the weekend to talk to your family."

Jesse nodded. He stood and shook Agent Roach's hand, "Thank you for helping to get my boys this chance. I'll be in touch next week." Jesse left and headed home to takl to the others to see what they thought. Only then would he tell the boys anything about it. He didn't want them to get their hopes up only to be let down. He'd call a meeting in a bit to see what they others thought.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At home Jesse called the garage and told Cooter to send any of the 'kids' home for an early supper and for him, BL and Dixie to also come over. The others showed up eagar for news.

Once everyone was in one room Jesse explained the information to the others. Then he looked at Lori, "Lori you and Luke have the most to loose or gain here and you also likely have as much knowledge of things as the boys themselves. What do you think?"

Lori looked around the room and back to Jesse, "Well, it goes without saying that I just can't get used to the idea of trusting the government." She put her hand on her still flat stomach and thought before finishing her answer to Jesse. Finally she said, "

She put her hand on her still flat stomach and thought before finishing her answer to Jesse. Finally she said, " BUT..if it gets Bo, Jeb, and Luke out of that he** hole then I'm..all for it."

Uncle Jesse nodded and looked to the others. Lori, sighed to herself and thought,"Greeeat..... that's all I need, get caught makin shine for Boss...let Uncle Jesse and the others down, great going Lori you get yerself into the greatest messes you dumba**!"

Uncle Jesse had ajourned the meeting and everyone stayed for supper. Lori, however did not.

The phone rang and it was Boss, he called to tell Lori to meet him. Lori knew it wasn't good...

She hung up and made an excuse that her class was having an evening class or something. She left, everyone suspicious of course.

Lori sighed and climbed in Midnight, heading to town. She saw just how many law men were around and she began to tensen up in her seat. She pulled up to the courthouse and climbed out going in to see Boss.....

(sorry again guys I gotta go to school, go ahead and post though you basically know were im going...)

Lori sighed and climbed in Midnight, heading to town. She saw just how many law men were around and she began to tensen up in her seat. She pulled up to the courthouse and climbed out going in to see Boss....

When Jesse had asked their opinons everyone had agreed with Lori that he should take the deal and plead guilty to making moonshine if it would keep the Bo, Luke and Jeb out of jail. Now though with supper over and Lori had went somewhere but none of them new where she'd just said she had to do something and she'd be back in a little while. Now the rest of the 'kids' set on the porch discussing what Jesse had told them.

Vance: "I don't want the fellas and Uncle Jesse to go to jail but Uncle Jesse's gonna hafta give up a part of his family traditions of 200 years if he makes that deal."

B.L: "Vance that ain't what's important you know Uncle Jesse will do whatever it takes to keep ya'll out of trouble."

Cooter: "B.L's right"

Daisy and Coy nodded their agreement. The group of young people continued to sit on the porch and talk until it was really late. B.L and Cooter not in the mood to go home wanting to be there for their friends decided to stay the night B.L would sleep in Daisy's room on a pallet in the floor since she now had a twin bed instead of the big bed. Cooter would sleep on the couch, soon the house was bathed in darkness and silence as they all slept.

At the jail and courthouse......

At the jail and courthouse things were quiet, but they sure weren't 'normal'. Downstairs a no- nonsense older male officer who's disposition reminded Luke of Sheriff Big Ed Little from over in Chickasaw took the night watch tonight.

Bo was crushed.

Jeb shook his head and laughed at Bo. But, he didn't saying a word at the expression Bo had made when he saw the man taking over for Rosco, instead of the 'helpful' female officer that had worked the night before.

Luke was grinning like a chessy cat who had plans to eat the family canary.

Bo glared at them both, "Don't either of you say one word."

The burly officer was the one to reply to Bo's comment. "That is good advice there 'Sonny'. Fact is I run a real quiet shift." He locked the gate after Rosco left. He turned on a very small light on the desk. Then, he turned down the big lights of the jail area off leaving only the 'night' lights which were just bright enough to be annoying. They were too dim to write or read by, but a far sight bright than the boys were used to sleeping with on, but still gave the officer enough light to see what the prisoners were doing. He did strongly suggest, "So if I was ya'll, I'd be thinking on getting some rest."

Luke looked at the officer with a note of suprise, then shrugged his shoulders to Bo and Jeb, "Ya'll heard the man." The reason for Luke's suprise was that none of the other officers had ran their shifts that way, but Luke figured this was just the begining of what they could expect once they got to prison. He layed on his back on the bunk and added, "Night ya'll." He knew he wasn't gonna sleep anytime soon but he'd try to humor the officer.

Bo threw his hands up to Jeb and said as he also layed on his bunk, "Well, I guess we might as well at least try to rest."

Jeb nodded, also laying down, "Not like we got much of a choice."

It was early still. Real early but who were they to argue with the officer. They were smart enough to know they would loose.

Luke had closed his eyes and was actually about to drift off to sleep when he heard Midnight drive by. He'd know that Hemi engine anywhere. It may be the General Lee's cousin but they both had their own unique sounds to anyone with an ear for engines like Luke. He sat up quietly and walked over to the window as Lori had shut the engine of at the garage. The Hazzard moon was full and Luke could see Lori dressed in boots, jeans, tank top and putting her denim jacket on as she walked towards the courthouse with a purpose.

As Lori put her jacket on and walked to the courthouse she could help but notice the lights in the jail area were extremely low. So low in fact she didn't see Luke watching her cross the square. She hurried up the courthouse steps hoping no one expecially Luke saw her try to meet with JD again tonight after the foiled last attempt. She found the front door of the courthouse unlocked as she had on many such nights. She found Boss in his office.

Boss Hogg took pleasure in seeing his prettiest moon runner in five counties of operations report as requested even though her new husband was locked in a cell below of Federal charges of running moonshine. "Well, well, well if it isn't the lovely MRS. DUKE. I don't believe I have been able to offer my congratulations, and also my condolences on your marrigae to that no account DUukee." He drew out the last name as if in pain. "It IS such Ashhamme that such a lovely little thing like you decided to hook up with the LIKES of him, especially such a SHORT time before he does SUCH a LOoonnnggg time away from you."

Lori had about all she was going to take, "JD cut the crap or I'll wlak RIGHT now! He-- last time I got attacked before I even got in here to talk to you. Now, what the HE-- do you want with ME?"

Boss lite a cigar, took several puffs and said, "Well, being that you have married into that family, without those three boys making the money they were things will sure be tight for Jesse. Everyone knows that they have been struggling for years to pay their bills."

Lori knew that was a lie, but without the added income form the shine, it would be a lot closer. "Just cut the crap and tell me what you want."

"I am, Sugar, I am. Like I said you have been around that family for a looonnnngggg time. I bet you would know where Jesse's stills and his supply of finished shine is?" Boss was fishing.

"You should know Jesse Duke well enough to know that those boys down there don't even know what YOU are aksing ME." She gave him an appauled look of disbelief. She and the boys knew a HE-- of a lot more than they would ever tell Boss Hogg. "Now quit 'fishing' and tell me what you want. She knew he was fishing for information he hoped she had.

Hogg knew Jesse Duke had secrets but figured the boys and Lori would have known more about his operation than they were admitting. Anyway, "Well, I figure you'll be needing money with your husband in prison, a child on the way and a sick, FATHER."

Lori wasn't liking this conversation......

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Below Luke was still standing back from the window trying NOT to give Lori's presence away, but wondering WHAT she was doing here this late after the incident before. He was beginning to worry that she may be considering something stupid. He may not have called it stupid before, but the fact that he was standing locked in a small cell while his new wife was out doing who knew what at this hour was evidience enough that he had been prety da-- stupid! He could tell Bo and Jeb were finally asleep. How could he have got them into this mess? How could he have let Jesse, Lori and mostly the two cousins who looked up to him most down? Luke felt the officers eyes on him, but he wasn't leaving that window til Lori came back out. He hoped to find out what was going on, but he was actually about sure he truely didn't want to know.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Back at the Davenports Dixie was just getting in from the Dukes. She and Lori had both managed to stay civil at the Dukes long enough for Uncle Jesse to tell them all of his meeting with the ATF. Dixie had voiced her concern that they maybe trying to get all four put in prison for up to a year. That they had made no guarantees beyond that. Jesse had told her that it wasn't likely that they would either. He figured it was going to be a take it or leave it offer with little room for the Dukes to ask for anything other that they boys freedom within the next year at a cost of possibly loosing Jesse for a year and also that the four would not continue their operations which would put Jesse in a situation of changing a lifestyle which his family had for the last two hundred plus years. Dixie had ulitimately 'voted' for Jesse to help the boys if he could, but only if HE felt trust the offer.

Dixie went to her room. She knew Luther was working a stuck up car with the wrecker out by the lake and Cooter and BL was staying at he Dukes. She wished she knew where Lori had gotten off to, but that really wasn't her concern. Dixie had wanted to visit the guys today but had been called to the meeting at the Dukes. She would go tomorrow. For tonight she was intending on seeking some comfort from the full quart sized jar in her closet filled with the very substance that was causing all this trouble to begin with. She open the closet, got the jar our, opened it, after smelling it she took a sip. The clear substance was so smooth that it could have only been Jesse Duke's near famous shine. Dixie took another larger drink which she held in her mouth to get a really good taste of the product. She had to ask herself if this clear liquid was worth so much money, heart ache, pain and suffering, and TIME. She shook her head. To her it was unbelievable that people risked some much for the liquid she held in her hand. She took another drink feeling her own aches and pains beging to ease as she began to relax............

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jesse thought long and hard about the offer he had been made, also the other kids opinions. Basically, they all agreed with he, himself, if meant the boys would be better off he wouldn't have much of a choice. Even if that meant that he would also be going to prison. He thought of his father, grandfather and generations before who had managed to avoided this moment in time. Why it had feel on him and 'his' boys, Jesse didn't know but he had three nephews in jail, two more at home, Daisy, and now Lori and the baby, not to mention the other Davenport 'kids' counting on him to do what he could in order to bring Bo, Jeb and Luke home as soon as he could. Jesse couldn't help wonder what the boys, themselves would think of the 'offer'. He would talk to them about it finally tomorrow................

Lori wasn't liking this conversation she folded her arms and sighed,"Boss, if you want me to run i will, I'll make my own... it's not exactly like Uncle Jesse's, but it comes pretty da** well close to it, considering ym great-great grandfather and Jesse ran together, I won't use Uncle Jesse's recipe OR his already made products OR his still sights, cause you've got some sights of yer own AND you have the contracts to them...you already get 50% of the profits made... Hogg now tell me if you want me to run or NOT?!"

Boss Hogg nodded and said,"Since Bo, Luke, and Jeb are locked away leaving only you left, sides the other Dukes, yer one of the quick and wittiest drivers there is left here in Hazzard, its a deal..."

Lori looked around and said,"Well??"

Boss nodded and told her,"You start tomorrow night....say after suppertime at the yer farm??"

Lori sighed and nodded, she turned around and was about half way out the door,"AND remember Mrs. Duke, if you squeal on me about doing this.... you'll go to the Federal Penetentiary for awhile."

Lori rolled her eyes and walked out, climbing back in Midnight Rider and pulling out. she looked to the jail and still saw the faint light, but didn't see Luke in the window. She sighed and drove a little slower..she had to think of just what exactly she was doing here. Something that her husband and his cousins were locked up for, and something that the man that had raised her, was going to jail for.

She pulled back in at the farm, Uncle Jesse smiled to her as she walked in,"Food's in the oven darlin..I saved ya a plate."

Lori sighed and said,"I may eat it later Uncle Jesse."

Jesse nodded, Lori had just remembered too, after her class tomorrow she had to go to the doctor's, she had to get a sonogram done to determine the sex of the baby..something she wished Luke could be there for. She looked to Uncle Jesse and smiled shaking her head, almost in tears. Some of the perdicaments she could get herself into.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Luke watched her leave, thanking god she wasn't out screwing around with anyone, not in that sense at least, but she might have been meadling in things she ought not to be though. He laid back down and sighed. He could really use her company right now, just to talk to her and hold her.

Jesse went back to bed once he knew Lori was home safe and sound. Cooter never even twitched on his place on the couch when she came in the door. A bulldozer coming through the livingroom wouldn't have woke him up. Lori sat down in the recliner to think taking advantage of the silent house to mull all this over in her own mind.....

Lori thought for the first time about what would happen to the baby if she were caught too. With both her and Luke in prison what would happen? She shook that thought from her mind. She simply wouldn't get caught!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jesse left bright and early the next moring wishing to talk to the boys before anyone else showed up. Rosco had taken over the shift about breakfast. Jesse eased down the steps quietly. He wanted to see for himself how his boys were without them putting up a front for his sake. When he reached the bottom of the steps Rosco saw him and started toget up. Jesse shook his head no and held up a finger signaling him to wait. Rosco went back to his seek and find book.

Jesse saw that Luke was finally laying down. It appeared that he MAY even be asleep. Bo and Jeb were in the other cell and were likely still asleep. Jesse was the only one who noticed some slight movement from Luke under the covers. He had raised these boys from a very young age and from a 'father's' point of view he almost knew what was going. He stood silent and a couple minutes later his suspicions were confirmed by a slight stiffled gasp from Luke's direction. Jesse was now sure. He truely had felt for especially Luke since he'd only been married DAYS when he was arrested. And he knew that being the oldest Luke would blame himslef for what even had managed to go wrong -- he still hadn't got that story with out an officer present so he still wondered WHAT had happened. Jesse was still gonign to ge talk to the boys, but his decision was made up. His nephew needed his wife and from the sounds of his house at night she needed him. He waited several minutes before speaking, "Morning Rosco. Can I see my boys?"

Rosco gave Jesse a strange look, which Jesse shook his head 'no' at, then Rosco said, "Yeah, I'm coming." He put down his book and unlocked the gate letting Jesse in.

Jesse said, "Rosco, you know we's can't afford no lawyer, so I'm about all they's gonna get. Can I talk to them a bit private?"

Rosco almost recented the question, but replied, "I'll just be upstairs. Don't try nothing and I'm taking the keys!"

Jesse nodded. He had heard a bit of movement from Luke as he talked to Rosco. When he turned to take a seat Luke was setting up looking his way, "Well, I see one of ya's awake."

Luke shook his head, "Nah, we're all awake. They just ain't decided to move yet. Have you?"

A loud sigh was heard from Bo. Followed by Jeb tossing his blanket off.

Luke gave Jesse a weak smile and said, "I guessed good."

Jesse replied, "So I can take it none of you are sleeping?"

Luke replied honestly, "Sleeping may not be the best desciption, but we are napping."

Jesse nodded knowingly and said, "You all know that if there is anything I could do to get you home sooner I would without question?"

Luke nodded, 'yes' as did Jeb. Bo was still trying to get awake.

Jesse explained his meeting with Agent Roach and said, "We had a faimily meeting last night. Everyone voted voted WITH me to do what I can to help you all get home sooner."

Luke swore, "Jesse you CAN'T MEAN THAT! That would mean changing the entire family traditions and values. We will be FINE!"

Bo was now UP, "Uncle Jesse you Can't do that JUST cause we ALL got ourselves caught?"

Jeb, who had originally blamed it all on Luke, said, "Uncle Jesse, I know I blamed only Luke at first, but looking back I can see where we all messed up!"

Jesse said, "So be it, if all of you messed up, so did I! I let ya'll run that danged stuff when I knew NONE of you were experienced enough to handle ALL the situations you could run into. I let you all down by letting you think that between the three of you, that you could handle anything. Luke I am mostly sorry to you, I have instilled in you as the oldest that if YOU 'let' something go wrong it was YOUR fault. I should never have done that. I made the Da--ed stuff, I LET each of you leave with it. The fault should come back to ME and now it has. I know that the family needs each of you. Luke, you especially with a youngin' on the way. I'll tell YOU now that I was at the bottom of those danged steps longer than any of you knew. Luke I know that YOU were doign something I haven't known you to do since you were about 12."

Luke promptly blushed and looked at he floor without denying or questioning what Jesse was talking about.

Jesse continued, "Not only that, and I'll give you that you didn't know I was here, so, the fact remains you still did it in a room with three other men instead of being hme with your WIFE. That is MY fault."

Luke now felt about 12. It was true he hadn't done what Jesse caught him doing since he was about 12 UNTIL they had been arrested. Luke knew that Jeb and even Bo had also had their 'times', but he'd not tell that.

Jesse continued, "I plan on playing a good game of poker, giving them information they are looking for. With luck, sometime soon we'll all go home together."

Luke frowned, "Or, you'll be my new room mate."

Jesse said, "It's a chance I got to take."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dixie was glad that Cooter and BL stayed with the Duke and that Luther hadn't seen fit to open her door, though she had locked it. She had awoken with a half a quart of shine in her hand and a bit of a head ache..................... She had thought long about what Jesse had talked about....She now only had one problem. She had led Jeb on thinking he would be locked up for at least 2 years. But, IF he came home sooner how could she NOT go all the way with him after teasing him at the jail. She KNEW already how much he needed relilef.............What was she gonna do? She had planned to save herself for Luke OR her husband!

At the Duke farm B.L and Daisy was cooking breakfast. Lori was still asleep and they had no idea what time she'd come home from her errand. Once breakfast was done they all sat down to eat and it didn't go unnoticed that Jesse wasn't at the table this morning either. After breakfast the girls cleaned the table up and washed the dishes putting Lori a plate in the oven to keep warm until she woke up.

After the kitchen was clean they all started on the rest of the chores. Lori emerged from the bedroom about 9am. She found her breakfast in the stove but wasn't very hungry still worried about what Jesse and the boys was being faced with and what could happen to her and hers and Luke's unborn child if she got caught running moonshine for Boss Hogg.

After the chores were done Cooter and B.L decided to go home and do the chores there as well as check on Dixie. When they got home they went upstairs and both noticed Dixie's door closed they knocked and heard a groan from inside. Dixie had a killer hangover hearing the groan they twisted the door knob but it wouldn't turn putting his shoulder to the door Cooter backed up to the other side of the wall and took a running go busting in the room. B.L followed finding Dixie hanging out the window throwing up.

"Dix you alright?"

B.L asked concerned as she came over to Dixie and put her hand on the younger girls back. Cooter found the jar of shine and knew right away just exactly what his little sister had come down with. He held up the jar of shine for B.L to see. Dixie groaned again she wished they'd be quiet her head was splitting. Cooter left the room and got her a bucket while B.L put her to bed they were gonna leave her to tough it out having both suffered hangovers themselves it would be a good lesson to her.

"She'll be fine in a few hours B.L she's just hungover"