Days of Shine and Romance!

DixieDavenport

Lori emptied the food and ran to the bathroom. When she got through she came out and sighed, she went back to her's and Luke's room getting dressed for her doc's visit. She didn't have a chance to see B.L. to cuss her out for that class.

Lori got dressed and left going to the class.

~~~~~~

Luke from the cell had watched her hearing the engine. She pulled up and went in. Today they were learning how to shop for yer newborn... Ironic wasn't it?

After the hour and a half class was over Lori left and went to the Doc's.

The Doc Appleby looked to Lori,"Im very sorry to hear about Luke and the others being locked up, but congrats on the baby and marriage though."

Lori nodded and smiled, laying back on the table getting a regular physical first, The doc got the wand after putting the jelly on her stomach, and could see the baby. He smiled,"That baby is as healthy as a horse, HE is doing fine.."

Lori gasped and smiled,"Really? awww!! Luke'll be happy!"

Doc nodded and smiled. Lori was done about 5 mintues later. She smiled and left going to the jail.

When she got there Luke was leaning up against the wall, she smiled and hoped down on the bottom step,"Luke!!! I got great news!!"

Luke looked to Lori and jumped a little smiling to her,"What honey?"

Rosco wa quick and up letting her in as she dashed over to his cell and hugged him and kissed him through the bars,"Guess what?"

Luke looked to her and smiled,"What?"

Lori giggled and answered,"We're having a Boy!"

luke....

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Luke was happy, but not as happy as Lori would figure. "That's great Honey." The whole thing seemed not real at the moment to Luke since he still figured to see his child grow up in pictures.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dixie replied, "And I am NOT hung over! Can't have sip here without someone thinking I'm drunk!"

Cooter looked at Bl and ................

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile Jesse was off to see Agent Roach....

Dixie replied, "I did not! Besides, I was just trying to think!"

BL offered, "Think, about what?"

Dixie sighed, "Any other time I would talk to Lori, but I can't. I Just Can't! Cooter can you please listen to me?"

Cooter looked at BL he was scared at the thoughts of hearing his sister's Or cousins private thoughts. He said, "I'll listen, Dix, can't promise I won't hurt anyone afterwards but I'll lilsten."

Dixie wan't at all sure about talking to Cooter now!

Dixie sighed, "Never mind Cooter." she sighed, She'd hope Daisy had time to listen to her before the boys were released. Dixie knew what she was doing . Knew what she had done. But, facing Jeb face to face alone may put her in a spot she didn't want in. Especially with HIM and especially now!

Dixie knew how far she had taken his thoughts / dreams! And, was NOT at all prepared to take him physically there.

She had been 'pushed' by Loi into going as far as she had to 'prove' she liked him, not Luke. The fact was Dixie liked Luke, her cousin's husband a lot --- A HE-- of a LOT! She had acted like she liked HIS cousin more than she did, because she thought he was going to prison, not HOME! But, NOW the possiblility of Jeb AND LUKE come home was good -- Very good. Dixie wasn't sure what she would do IF that happened! She needed to be able to talk to her confident, Lori, but couldn't since this was her husband! BL hadn't wanted to listen, Cooter had almost promised to hurt some one! The someone likely being someone she cared about. Dixie now only saw two choices, Daisy or Uncle Jesse!

Lori smiled and they stood there just hugging each other. Lori heard Boss upstairs and banged her head on the bar,"I gotta go honey....I got a TRIP to make."

Luke knew something was up and he soon suspected,"Lori.....we need to talk..later, and just WERE are you going? Lori!"

Lori was practically running up the stairs. She got up and saw Boss, Bos gave a slight nod, Lori was out the door and in Midnight Rider. Boss had left her a note telling her the size of the load, thank god it was small.

Lori sped towards the farmhouse, Boss didn't have to leave directions to one of his sights, she already knew where all of them were.

She pulled up at the sight and got out the recipe for the shine. The crates and jugs were there, she sighed beginning to make shine once more.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~``

Luke however wasn't at all thrilled and he wanted to know exactly WHAT trip she was making, Boss was still atop and so he hollered to Boss......

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dixie went to the Duke farm seeing Daisy there. She smiled and walked over to her in the house, Lori wasn't home yet. Shesmiled and said," Daisy I need to talk to you.."

Daisy bout knew about what and smiled nodding.

Suppertime rolled around and Lori had made her delivery, simple as that. She had known from her great-great grandpa and Uncle Jesse and the boys, she was a quick study and knew her stuff.

When she pulled in, she sighed and walked in seeing Dixie and Daisy at the kitchen table, some what surprised her for some odd reason. Daisy gulped and went,"Ohhh Dear.."

Dixie sighed and shook her head. Lori rolled her eyes and went to her's and Luke's room, changing into some more comfortable clothes, she had brung her horse there from Burl Tolliver's place, a chocolate colored, blonde maned rocky mountain. She went back outside and went to the barnm whistling to him, when he trotted up to her she smiled and tacked him up, climbing on she took off on him. Uncle Jesse saw her from the back 40 and sighed.

Dixie.........

Dixie thanked Daisy for listening to her when Cooter and B.L wouldn't and Lori couldn't because it involved her husband. She suspected Lori wouldn't have listened to her anyway the way they'd been fighting lately. She heard Lori ride out on her horse and decided now was a good time to leave before Lori got back and found her still there. Daisy invited

"Why don't ya stay for supper Dixie."

Dixie smiled and shook her head replying "I really can't Daisy, but thanks for the invite."

Daisy nodded she suspected she knew the reason for Dixie declining the offer she'd seen the looks that had passed between the two cousins. Dixie was probably just trying not to bring their family squabble into the Duke's home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lori meantime had rode..........

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Things at the jail and Davenport farm were....

Things at the jail had gotten really quiet after Lori left. Luke was in a mood. Bo and Jeb hadn't heard what Lori had said to Luke about making a TRIP. Luke knew she was going to run a load of shine. There were a lot of questions running through Luke's mind right now: How could she? Had she lost all her senses? What in the name of heaven was she thinking? Didn't she know the 'world' would be watching the rest of them HOPING to catch them also? They were this close to maybe going home soon and she was going to risk that and her own freedom to run a load NOW?

Bo was watching Luke. Something was wrong. Really wrong. "Luke are you alright?"

Luke sighed, "Yeah I am, but I'm seriously questioning my wife's sanity right about now." He said very matter of factly.

Jeb looked at Luke confused, too.

Bo asked, "Why? What's going on?" He now wished he'd paid a bit more attention to their converation but he and Jeb had tried to give them as much privacy as one could hope for when you are in basically the same room with your two cousins and the Sheriff.

Luke set on his bunk with his back to Rosco. He whispered, "She told me she's going on a TRIP."

Bo exclaimed, "She is WHAT?"

Luke glared at him and said, "Would you keep it DOWN? Yeah told me right before she ran up the dammed steps!"

Jeb asked a lot more quieter, "What is the HE-- is she thinking Luke?"

Luke looked wide eyed at him and said, "That's what I've been TRYING to figure out since she left?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daisy had listened to Dixie alright. Dixie knew Daisy wouldn't tell a soul what they had talked about which was one of the reasons she had chosen to talk to Daisy in the first place, however, Daisy hadn't really been able to give her any advice on the matter. Dixie wanted to go see Jeb (and Luke) but now she was more than just a bit nervous. One thing was for sure she wasn't going to intentionally led him on any more. She just really hoped that Lori didn't show up while she was there again. Dixie headed to the house to take a shower and change before going to see all three of her friends. After the shower she curled her hair a bit, put on jeans and boots and was now looking for a shirt. She wasn't going dressed incourage Jeb but she was going to look nice. She had looked in her closet not finding anything that wouldn't be encouraging. Now she was in the second dresser drawer looking. Finally, after trying on three shirts she decided that short of putting on one of Cooter's shirts anything she wore would likely encourage any of the three of them. They had been in jail now nearly two weeks and from what she saw and felt on her last visit it had been a LONG two weeks.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lori had gotten back and put the horse up. After brushing him down she made it in the house in time to set teh table for supper.

Jesse, Coy and Vance came in to wash up for supper. Jesse had them all together now and said, "I want you all to know that I talked to the boys this morning."

Everyone stopped what they were doing and looked at Jesse.

He continued, "I told them about what the Agent Roach has arranged. All three of them are dead set against me making this deal." He looked to Lori and said, "And, your husband was the loudest objection. They are afraid that I will have to do some time with them. I've been at still sites since I could barely walk following my Daddy. I've ran a lot of shine and been on even more runs. In all that time I've had a lot of close calls, but I guess I was lucky. Well, I've pushed that luck too far and it ran out, but it ran out on my boys. Now, with all that said, I am going to see Agent Roach tomorrow and take the deal once I see just how much information they are wanting. I am fully aware that I might be joining my boys for a spell, but I am convienced that it will get them home to us sooner. What I need from you four is the assurance that you four will be alright with out us and that this farm will continue to run should the worst happen. From all I'm being told, you four may have to be able to run this place for up to a year by yourselves."

Jesse words hit each of the four hard. They replied, .................

Daisy was about to be in tears, she ran to hug Uncle Jesse. Coy and Vance sighed and both agreed nodding,"Yes' sir Uncle Jesse.."

Lori shook her head and looked to Uncle Jesse,"Yes sir..."

Uncle Jesse looked to her and said,"I wont be here probably for the birth of that youngin....but, i KNOW ill be here to help it grow..."

Lori wanted to cry but only nodded and looked to the clock,"Guys Im gonna head back to the jail house to see Luke... I ran out on him today cause I had to run an errand."

Jesse looked to her and nodded, getting suspicious himself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lori went their bedroom and and changed into some more comfortable jeans, and a white tank top, she pulled on a over it a hoodie and dabbed her favorite perfume on, she knew Luke loved the smell of it.

When she left and pulled up to the jail Dixie hadn't made it there yet. Lori got out and went down. Luke was still fit to be tied. Lori saw him and knew he knew something.

Luke saw her and went to the bars, Rosco had went upstairs to give them privacy, ALL three of them jumped her.

"WHAT IN THE HE** ARE YOU THINKIN MAKIN A TRIP LIEK THAT? SAME REASON AS TA WHY WE'RE HERE AND YOU TURN AROUND AND DO IT?! AINT YOU GO TNO SENSE?!!"

Lori jumped a little and looked to them,"Wooo here now fellers, I aint making THOSE kinda trips!! I aint that dumb! I was making a run to the house fer that danged class im taking! calm down here now!!"

Luke looked to her and saw the "truth" in her eyes.... truth was she was lying, but Luke didn't know it.

Lori looked to Luke and shook her head,"Ya'll gone delirious in here!"

Bo whimpered,"You have no idea!"

Jeb agreed, Luke held Lori through the bars, Lori could hear some foot steps coming down the stairs, she looked up them and saw the one and only double crossin cousin of hers, no not B.L., Dixie!

Dixie stopped dead, crap it her plan wasn't going to work..she'd have to lead Jeb on more now. She sighed and didn't speak to Lori, Luke didn't pay all that much attention to Dixie, cause she wasn't dressed up. As a matter of fact, Lori wasn't either but, if he did look to Dixie, Lori would kill him!

Lori sighed and just sat there her head leaned agaisnt the bars on his.

Lori couldn't help it, but she had to lie to Luke...she couldn't tell him that she WAS running shine. Lori sighed and had fallen asleep in his arms. Dixie was watching them, tears were starting to form in her eyes, Jeb looked to her and smiled, kissing her cheek. Dixie smiled and didn't want to hurt Jeb, truth was, he was a sweet guy and very attractive, but not as attractive as Luke.

The clock had struck around 8:00 p.m..Rosco came down and looked to the two girls who looked asleep, Luke was combing out Lori's hair with his fingers, Jeb doing Dixie the same way.

Rosco made a noise to let the girls know time was up. Lori sighed and squeezed Luke through the bars, not wanting to let go, she smiled to him and kissed him telling him bye and he loved her. Dixie sighed and told Jeb bye going up first.

Lori went up and sighed she never spoke to Dixie or looked to her, climbed in Midnight and left.

When she got home, she walked in and saw everyone in the living room setting and all. Lori walked in and looked to Jesse,"It gets harder and harder fer me to go there and see all them in there, its gonna be even harder to see you Uncle Jesse.."

Jesse............

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Dixie....

~~~~~~~~~~~

At the jailhouse, the twelve year old came alive again as Luke........

Jesse replied, "I know and I ain't going lie and say I'm looking forward to it either." Jesse was trying to cover all his bases in case of the worse. "You know those two boys can be a bit lazy if they have their own way. I will admit they have grown up a bit these past couple weeks with the boys gone, but I still have to nudge them at times. You and Daisy will have to keep a close eye on them. They like to take short cuts."

Lori nodded. "I think I'm gonna go lay down I fell asleep with Luke petting me. I think it may be the best sleep I've had in a couple weeks now."

Jesse nodded as Lori when out of the room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dixie was glad she didn't have to be more conviencing at the jail. She really liked Jeb. Talking to him and holding his hand was ok but she didn't want to have to tease him anymore.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At the jailhouse, the twelve year old came alive again as Luke thought about Lori. The older guard had taken over for Rosco again turning the lights down early and insisting on them being quiet. This left Luke with not much else to do but think. His thoughts had turned to Lori and how tired she had looked. Then he thought of how she was dressed. He couldn't help but think maybe she had felt a bit guilty of the way she had gotten him hot and bothered before. That was all he had to do and he was now in the SAME situtaion. A while later he was less tense right up until the memory of the look Lori gave him when he'd asked her about the TRIP. He bolted up off the bunk.

He startled not only the guard but Bo and Jeb.

"DA-- IT! She's lying! She sat RIGHT here and Lied!" Luke swore.

From across the room the guard who had seen many men behind bars lied to said, "You ain't the first man I've ever seen behind bars be lied to now quiet down."

Luke glared at him but wisely kept his mouth shut.

Bo questioned in a whisper, "About the TRIP?"

Luke gritted his teeth and replied, "Yeah."

Jeb shook his head, "Oh, no." He could see it in Luke's eyes if he could have chewed his way out of that cell he would have done so right now.

Bo swore, "Ah, ****!" He knew Luke would be hard to live with until he saw Lori again.

As Dixie arrived back at the Davenport farm B.L was on her way out she had to work. Calling as she made her way to her car waving at Dixie.

"Gotta work, be home late Uncle Luther and Cooter ain't here neither so behave!"

Dixie rolled her eyes at B.L she hated it when they still treated her like a kid that can't be trusted. She went on in the house and to her room putting on her pj's laying down on the bed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At the garage Luther was working on trying to get a stuck lugnut loose on a car but it just wouldn't come loose. Cooter was in the bathroom cleaning up he was leaving in a few minutes on his way to Alabama to see his daughter, Nancy Lou. He and Beverly had come to a visitation agreement out of court of course so her parents wouldn't know about it when he'd went to Alabama when Beverly had called and told Luther about Nancy Lou and he'd radioed Cooter. They met at a motel a half hour or so away so Beverly's parents wouldn't find out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At the Boar's Nest everything was quiet so far the rowdy crowd wasn't there tonight.....

Lori was up early the next morning and feeling pretty bad about lying to Luke. She got a shower and dressed in an ACDC T-shirt that fit her loosely, sweet pants and flip flops. She walked down the steps and Rosco got up to let her in. She knew from across the room Luke was pissed.

Bo and Jeb wished they were invisible about now.

Luke turned his blue eyes to her.

Lori turned her brown eyes to him seeing the rage in his eyes. She walked over to the chair and said down without saying anything.

Luke was waiting for Rosco to set back down. He was glaring at Lori and whispered through gritted, "You lied."

Lori looked to Luke and shook her head,"I aint lied about nothing I said I had to make a trip and I did."

Luke said, "And I KNOW what kind of TRIP it was. I know you were helping your Dad. I know he's sick. But, why? Tell me it ain't Jesse's?"

"Of course not." Lori said.

"So you are back to helping your Dad? You ain't going all the way back up there to get it are you? Lori no wonder you look so tired. Tell me it's not for the money for you? You will be taken care of." Luke said with more concern than anger.

Lori looked down at the floor and said, "No, Luke it ain't the money. I'm good really. Yes, I am helped Dad."

Luke had tears in his eyes, "Lori, Honey, I couldn't take anything happening to you. You got to stop this. I'm telling you I can't set here and KNOW you could be joining us. It's bad enough to know Jesse could be here with us."

Lori had tears in her eyes, she had to tell the truth, "Luke Darlin' if I honestly could stop I would. I have got to do at least tonights. It's already set."

Luke asked, "Where?"

Lori sighed and told him the truth, "Osage."

Luke swore loud enough for Rosco to look up as well as Bo and Jeb, "Da-- it to Hell! Lori!"

"I can't change it. Luke I'm sorry. Really I am." Lori said.

Luke got said, "You know that is the worst place you can travel through."

Lori nodded, "I know and I know the roads like the back on my hand."

"About like I knew that SAME stretch of road where we got caught?" He said.

Lori nodded. She knew knowing the roads didn't always mean anything.

Luke saw Rosco looking at his watch, "It's about that time. You got to let me know when you get back. Circle the square when you get back. Please?"

Lori nodded, "I will."

Luke knew he'd be on edge until he heard the car come through. "I love you. Don't risk our child growing up with Daisy."

Lori knew exactly how much he'd thought about this situation. It brought tears to her eyes again, "I won't. I got to go now." She heard Rosco getting up behind her.

"I know. For God's sake be careful huh?" Luke begged as he squeezed her hand. "I mean that."

Lori played it off for Rosco, "I'm always careful when I go see Mindy Bell."

"I just wished you'd wait a bit and hopefully I could go see her too." Luke rolled his eyes at the lame cover up. Mindy Bell! Where had she pulled that name from? He wondered as he watched his wife leaving the jail. He hoped she wouldn't be back to join them permantly!

Lori walked up and looked back to him, he was worried to death and she saw it.it was written all over his expression. She sighed and wondered how she was ever gonna get out this deal with Boss. She sighed and went out to Midnight climbing in and burning rubber.

Luke sighed and only prayed she'd be alright. Bo and Jeb patted his shoulders and sighed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lori had changed and went to the site to make the shine, hours later she had the shine made and loaded up. She thought of Luke and looked to her stomach and climbed in. She pulled out heading to Osage County.

When she crossed the county line she slowed down like a normal driver would drive, she made to her destination at a railroad crossing and she waited. A man pulled up and paid her, she hurridley unloaded the shine. He nodded and waved going back through Osage.

Lori turned Midnight around and sped off. As she was coming across the line she heard a POP! She knew it exactly, a flat! Great! now she was late and poor old Luke would be going into fits!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was late and Luke was ancy hopping around the cell like a barefoot jack rabbit on a hot rock.

He got up for the tenth time and walked to the window. He said to no one in particular, "Da-- IT!!! She's late."

Bo looked to Luke,"How do you know that?"

Luke pointed to the sun,"The sun is there everyday at 3:00... she left early this morning, takes a couple hours to mke the shine and to load it. Plus the hour it takes to get there and the drive back..... she was here at 8:00 this morning she should have been back two hours ago.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lori in the meantime was fightin with the bolts on the car hub. "DA** IT!! YOU DA**ED RETARDED THANGS!!! COME OFF THERE!!"

She finally got them out and had to chase a straying bolt down! Then, she quickly changed the tire. She climbed in and sped towards the square.

It was yet another hour for she got there. Luke was pulling his hair out.

Lori squealed the car around the square at least two times she knew of. Pulling up to the jail house, seeing a blonde woman officer there. She looked confused and looked to Luke.

Luke.........

Luke had finally heard Midnight go through town, twice. he let out the breath he'd been holding for several hours now.

Bo said, "See you were worried for nothing."

Jeb move Bo away from the bars. He thought Luke was going to strangle Bo.

Luke had stepped to the bars to do just that but seeing he couldn't reach Bo right now. He said as he gripped the bars, "These DA-- THINGS is SOMETHING to worry about!"

About that time Lori came down the stairs. She saw a BLONDE, WOMAN officer? there. She looked confused and looked to Luke, then back to the female, and said, "Ah, Miss? Can I see MY HUSBAND? He's the dark haired one RIGHT over THERE." Lori made da-- sure the female knew which one Luke was. "I'll only stay for just a minute? I know its late and all but I just got back into town and I'm sure he has been worried.

The officer stood up and started to the gate, "For a minute. And it's Officer Smith."

Lori saw her figure as she walked toward her. The female was build like a brick sh-- house! Lori had the good graces to say, "Oh, I'm sorry Officer Smith."

Luke was standing at the bars, "Where have you BEEN?"

Lori waved off his concern, "Flat. Da-- Lugs were crossed and I'd put them on with air tools and had to take them off by hand! Luke since when do women guard men?"

Luke looked to Lori and swallowed,"Uhh Lor.... I guess since they hire em"

Lori replied, "Well, I don't like it!"

"It's not like I'VE got a choice." Luke stated the obvious. "Or you either."

Lori sighed and said,"Just s'long as I know she does HER JOB im fine.."

Luke said, "Right now I wished she do her job a little less. You have no idea how worried I was about you. I was expecting Cooter or Jesse to come in here any minute and tell me Droopy had you on a work gang."

Lori replied, "Well, let me tell ya darlin', got across the line and the danged tire went flat on me. The bolts wouldn't loosen up and one bolt went flyin across the road AND traffic was heavy on the backroads."

Luke asked wondered about the traffic she was talking about but was more concerned about her, "Why didn't you call the wrecker? It ain't they would have charged YOU to change a tire."

Lori looked to Luke,"You forgettin?? I AM a mechanic and if I wouldve waited on Cooter to get there I wouldve made it back later than now!

Luke replied with a grin and stepped back from the bars a bit, "You are a mechanic's COUSIN and a mechanic's WIFE but you are not a mechanic."

Lori looked to him and started gettin annoyed,"Luke.... I worked at that garage ever since I was 11 years old.... I know my stuff alright?! I can change a danged tire!!

He bit his lip tried not to say what he was thinking but couldn't stop it, "That's why it took you three hours?"

"Come here so I can wipe that grin OFF your face." Lori huffed.

Luke shook his head and said, "Oh, no I ain't that dumb."

Lori was tapping her foot.

Luke looked her up and down. She still had the ACDC T-shirt, jeans and boots on. He asked, "Tell me something. Why the last couple of times you've come here are you dressing 'down'?"

Lori sighed, "Maybe cause I felt guilty about the other day when me and Dixie were here."

Luke asked, "And you think wearing loose shirts and sweats help? Honey you could come in here wearing my clothes and you'd still drive me nuts. He-- I can think about the other day and well, ....." He didn't finish his sentence just took her hand and showed her what he was thinking.

Lori..........

Lori sighed and leaned up against the bars weak at her knees,"Baby I know its killing you and its killing me..."

Lori took his hand and looked around, Bo and Jeb were asleep and the officer was leaned back in the chair. Lori led his hand to show him what she meant.

Luke felt Lori's need too. He left his hand there rubbing her. He closed his eyes and bit his lip really hard trying to keep what little control he still held onto at this moment. Luke's breathing was coming in short gasps, his eyes half closed.

Luke knew if he continued he'd embarrass Lori, but she seemed not to care, and then it happened....she was "relieved" Lori gasped more loudly than expected and bout hit the ground on her knees, quivering.

Lori still had her hand on Luke and she squeezed.

Luke's eye opened wide with suprise at her sudden squeeze. He gasped loudly, almost going to his knees and the sudden relief. "Oh God." He whispered. Lori's hand became wet as did Luke's jeans. There was no denying what had happened.

The officer looked to the two and said,"Alright Alright there will be none of that while Im on duty.. "

Lori smiled and kissed Luke whispering in his ear,"Finally...."

Luke knew what she meant, even if they didn't go ALL they way they still shared that moment together.

Lori kissed him again telling her she loved him and she headed up to the top, going home.

She climbed in and pulled out, smiling.

Luke never got to ask her about Uncle Jesse he would tomorrow though.

The officer looked to him and shook her head,"Ya know I couldve helped ya out better than she could."

Luke looked the 'lady' dead in the eyes and replied, "You know what you did for MY cousin the other night. I thought it was funny then. I happen to know all about it. I also know that kind of 'contact' with us inmates is illegal. Now that was MY wife. We were married less than a week when I was arrested. I'm not looking to get home anytime real soon and by God if I can help her get through all this you bet I will. And, 'lady' you ain't got A thing that interests ME!"

She looked to him and said,"Well if I would have caught you two a few mintues ago you bet I would have interested you!"

Luke snorted and smirk,"What ya gonna do..LOCK ME UP?"

Bo heard that and fell of the top bunk laughing, Luke had embarrased her..she sat down and shut up.

Luke.........

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lori pulled in and smiled, she climbed out and snuck quietly in the house. She went and laid down in her bed and giggled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

The next morning.........

Luke looked at Bo withering around on the floor in a bout of laughing tears.

He went to change his jeans while Bo was still laughing. "What?" Luke asked him.

Bo was having trouble breathing he was laughing so hard. He managed to say, "Well, maybe you'll be a site easier to live with NOW!"

Luke glared at him, "Funny, Bo! Real FUNNY!"

Bo was dying here. "I thought it was!"

Jeb who had been dosing through most of this, asked, "What did I miss?"

Luke glared at Bo daring him to answer.

It didn't work, Bo replied, "Ask Luke why he had to change jeans AFTER Lori left!"

Jeb ...........

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile the officer was filing an incident report to turn into her superior and would be telling Rosco about the situation! She thought this was the worst place she had ever worked to try to supervise a visit. It was wide open for nearly ANYTHING!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next morning Rosco brought with him a can of yellow paint that the curbs in Hazzard marked no parking zones. he had a paint brush, ruler and masking tape. He began marking a line 3 ft from the cells and 3 inches wide where he painted a nice bright yellow line. Aferwards he moved the two chairs for visiting on the other side of the line. He was pleased as punch.

Jeb jolted up and said,"Ya mean you got some and I didn't? You suck!"

Bo managed to get himself picked up, Luke lay back on his bunk and finally went to sleep.

That next morning, Lori woke up and dressed a little better today. She took her shower, had her morning sickness and headed to the jail before her class.

When she left to go to the jail she climbed out whislting Dixie. She walked down and saw Luke glaring at Rosco, Rosco smiling, Lori saw the yelloe line and looked to Luke,"See there thats what ya get fer not controling yerself!"

Luke glared at her and simply said, "Ahhhh, YEAH!" then grinned ear to ear!

Lori laughed, sh walked in and sat down shaking her head at the line.

Luke asked,"So uhh Hows Uncle Jesse REALLY??"

Lori sighed,"Well honey... to be honest..no one wants to go to jail, BUT he's like us he wants ya'll outta here as bad as we do, he's leaving the farm to me and Daisy and Coy and Vance..."

Luke mumbled something about Vance and then smiled to Lori.

Lori looked to the clock and sighed,"Gotta go to that class my beloved blabbermouthed cousin signed me up fer!"

Luke looked to Lori,"Ahhh B.L.'s doings huh?"

Lori laughed,"I said blabber mouth didn't I?"

Luke laughed. Lori saw her opportunity and jumped across the line kissing Luke telling him she loved him and hopefully saw him later. Luke laughed watchin gher dash up the stairs and out of the jail, he watched her climb in.

Rosco heard Lori who was outside but he could still be heard,"Ok...that was a warnin-- dont cross that line again!!" He was out of breath just trying to get up and climb up the stiars he was too tired to fight with anyone.

Lori laughed and went to her class.

Luke.........

~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Meanwhile at the Garage...........

Luke had to laugh at both his wife's antics and the Sheriff's response.

His laughter woke Jeb. It didn't take him long to see the new yellow line and the chairs on the other side. He glared at Luke, "DA-- you Luke! First Bo! now YOU!!! I was a least hoping to sniff a woman again!"

Luke shrugged and replied, "Sorry. Had an 'opening', took the 'chance', paying the price!"Lori had given him an opening. He took the chance at a feel. They had gotten 'busted'. Now they would all pay the price.

Jeb said, "That's fine for YOU, but I never got the chance!!" He remembered Dixie's touch and groaned in painful agony.

Being men, and men gossip more than women. Luke asked, "Was she THAT rememberable?" Of course he was referring to the short teasing contest Lori and Dixie had a few days ago.

Jeb replied honestly, "Well, partly because I ain't had a girl in awhile. Partly cause I was locked up with no hope of getting one for the next couple of years. But, YEAH, she was!" He said even suprising himself at the comment. Jeb continued, "I'll have to thank you cousin for sending me her way, if we ever get outta here I plan to make a house call!"

Luke warned, "Jeb, I swore never to tell this but if you care about her, I'll tell ya."

Jeb replied, "Ok, Mum's the word."

Luke continued, "You do remember the fight I had with Tommy Rogers?"

Jeb replied, "Yeah, that you still are facing charges on? I Remember."

Luke swore, "Sh--!!! Thanks for reminding me of THAT, but yeah, Luther had let her go out with him. I found her walking in the rain that night after he told her 'put out or get out' she got out. That's what her and Lori were arguing about the other day here. I took her home, made sure she took a hot shower and stayed until Cooter or Luther were expected. I was afraid that he'd come to the house and try IT again. I left but set down the drive until I say Cooter turn into the driveway. If you have feelings that you plan to act on - take it slow, OK?"

Jeb nodded in understanding, "Yeah, I will. You got it! Thanks for telling me that. I get out of here I'll settle up with Tommy my own self. We were wondering why you let him have it especially the night of your bachalor party."

Luke replied, "That was the first time I saw him, just happened that way. And, I've already settled THAT matter with Mr. Rogers, so you just stay out of trouble and take care of her. She's a good girl, Jeb. Treat her right, huh?"

Jeb replied, "You act like you care?"

Luke said matter of factly, "I do. Like I care for Daisy and BL. Lori TRIES to make more of it, but that's just new wife syndrome I think. Dixie used to ride the wrecker with me a lot and go on part runs. She's like my little sister for God's sake!"

Jeb replied, "Yeah, OK, I hear ya! You don't have to give me attitude."

Luke looked down, laughed, and said, "Sorry, I guess I been defending that position too long with Lori!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dixie woke up early and really wanted to see Jeb. She showered and dressed normally so as not to encourage but not a bum either and headed off to the jail.

Meanwhile at the garage B.L was helping out Luther while Cooter went to Alabama again. She was pumping some gas for someone when she saw Cooter's vehicle coming down the street. He pulled in at the garage and got out just as B.L took the customer's money and they left she headed Cooters direction to welcome him home and to see how his trip was saying

"Well well well the prodigal son returns."

Cooter grinned and hugged her picking her up off the ground then setting her back on her feet. "I couldn't stay gone too long YOU'D get into trouble!"

B.L pouted and looked offended "ME get into trouble? Cousin I'M about the only one that AIN'T been in any sort of mischief since you left on yer little 'vacation.' How's Beverly and the baby?"

Cooter took out his wallet getting out the pictures Beverly had given him showing them to B.L "Nancy Lou and Beverly are doing ok" sounding a little choked up he said "I just wish it didn't hafta be this way I don't want to watch my baby grow up in pictures I wanna be with her."

B.L didn't know what to say so she just hugged Cooter tightly. Luther heard them talking and came out of the garage asking.

"How's that granddaughter of mine?"

Cooter smiled showed Luther the pictures and said "She's fine, beautiful like her mama."

After they all talked about the trip B.L dragged Cooter inside the garage and hopped up on the desk telling him all the 'news' he'd missed around here. She'd got wind of Dixie and Lori's little 'contest' and Bo's encounter with the pretty lady officer and she told Cooter about it ALL he was dying laughing by the time she finished.

Cooter got up and headed over to the jailhouse still laughing he had to go see about this first hand.....'blabbermouth' had struck again and would probably pay for blabbing all this but she just couldn't help herself it was too good a stuff not to tell.

Cooter arrived and saw the yellow line, he fell over laughing. Luke looked up and shook his head. Luke looked to Cooter and asked him about his trip, Cooter showed them the pictures and was proud.

Cooter looked to Luke and Jeb and asked,"Who won the contest?"

Luke sighed and laughed, Jeb groaned. Cooter looked to Luke and said,"Mind tellin me were this yeller line came from?"

Bo got up and smiled,"WELL......Lori came and her and Luke groped each other and well they got caught."

Cooter coudln't help it..he fell back literally laughing. Luke sighed and glared at Bo. Cooter looked to them and asked Bo,"AND what about yer lady friend??"

It was Luke's turn he looked to Bo and snickered,"Well....She groped him!!"

Bo rolled his eyes and sighed,"Thanks Luke.."

Luke looked to Bo and nodded grinning widely,"Anytime cousin."

Cooter sighed and asked,"I aint seen Lori in awhile, how is she?"

Luke nodded,"Shes holding up...we're all still worried bout Uncle Jesse..."

Cooter sighed,"Yea...B.L. told me that he's gonna make the deal... its gonna be he** on the four of them at that farm."

Luke nodded,"I know it.. but they can handle it.... seems to me Lori has been making TRIPS... but she aint tellin me the whooole truth, said we talk about it later.."

Cooter looked to Luke,"You mean to tell me after ya'll got caught...she turns around and does it herself is she stupid?"

Luke sighed,"She's making one last run tonight... said she was gonna quit well, she was gonna TRY to... theres something as to why shes doing it and I can't figure it out."

Cooter nodded. He looked to the clock and sighed,"Better head back, for B.L. causes trouble.."

Luke nodded and chuckled, he'd hoped Lori wouldn't make the run but from the sounds of it she had to.

Cooter left going back to the garage.

Lori left her class about an hour later and sighed going to the garage......

Lori bounced into the garage, "Hey, Cooter!"

When Cooter looked up, she wished she hadn't have stopped by in the first place. He put down the wrench he was holding and said to BL, "BL watched the place. Lori we have a wrecker call we got to make."

"Wrecker call?" BL asked.

Lori asked, "It'll take us both?"

Cooter answered them both, "Yes." Then, to Lori, "Come on." He wanted her alone and away from any ears that may hear them. He figured to get her in the wrecker and find a nice wide field where they could talk.

Lori knew something was up as did BL. Cooter had only been home a couple hours who could had told him what by now? Lori wondered as she got into the wrecker. BL was giving them both strange looks as they pulled out also wondering just what kind of information Cooter had received in such a short time and from who. Then, the who, came to her. He'd talked to Luke. Someone in the County actually knew more on Lori, than BL did, and he'd also blabbed to Cooter. BL had to laugh, even though she had no idea what Cooter knew.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dixie parked at the garage. She threw her hand up to BL and headed across the square. She stopped at the locked gate and said, "Morning Rosco. Can I see Jeb?"

Rosco opened the gate and said, "Sure you can. But, you will have to stay on this side of that there line."

Dixie looked at him a bit confussed, "Ok." She said and took a chair in front of Jeb's cell on Rosco's side of the line. She looked at Jeb who was now standing at the bars. He reached for her hand which she took. It was just possible to hold hands but that would be hard to do for a long period of time. She saw the looks on Bo and Lukes faces at Jeb's situation and finally asked, "What gives?"

Before Jeb could open his mouth the reply, it was his older cousin who answered first

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Uncle Jesse decided to let everyone at the farm sleep in this morning as he placed his coffee cup in the sink and headed out the kitchen door for what could be the last time in quite awhile. He was on his way to see Agent Roach. Jesse wasn't sure what to expect but he didn't want the 'kids' to come or make a scene at the farm.

Jesse was suprised to find Agent Roach alone for this meeting. Jesse said, "Well, Agent Roach I've considered your offer. I've talked to my family and other than the three it woud help the most we are all in agreement to take this to the next step. Now, just what kind of information do you need from me?"

Roach began his list of questions that they compiled to ask Jesse, "How many stills do you have?"

Jesse figured on that question, "Four. (He actually had eight.)

Roach asked, "How much shine do you have ready for delivery?"

Again a question Jesse expected, "I've got about a hundred gallons aging. And a batch that should have been run last week. (Again, Jesse actually had about 600 gallons aging.)"

Roach asked, "But you didn't."

Jesse said, "No. Ain't none of us been anywhere near them stills since my boys got caught."

Roach asked, "Can you give me the locations of of those stills?"

Jesse asked, "Do you have a map?"

Roach gave him a map and Jesse began marking four still sites. He had considered this for a long time at night when he should have been sleeping. The four he marked would be the ones close the farm, away from others still sites, have the shine at that he told them about, and the oldest of the stills. Basically, Jesse was telling them about what he could afford to loose.

NARRATOR: Now, we know Jesse is a man of his word. He had no plans to go back on his word, but he just couldn't get used to the idea of trusting the government that had passed the law making what his family had done for hundreds of years illegal.

After several more questions the meeting was over. Roach shook Jesse's hand and said, "I'll turn this information over to be checked out. If it checkes out will let the Judge know we have worked out a deal. I got word before you came in that your boys trial is set for next Monday. So, if everything goes good from here, there won't be a need for a trail this agreement will be entered."

Jesse nodded then said, "Ok, and I appreciate again you trying to help my boys."

Roach seemed pleased with the information Jesse had given him, "This looks good. I think it will be a big help to them." The ATF had not expected to be able to get FOUR stills and a HUNDRED gallons of shine. Lately what they had been finding when they did find a site as a few bags of sugar, the empty stills and not enough shine to make them burn good.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jesse pulled back into the farm. Everyone met him. They hadn't been sure that he wouldn't have been arrested today. Jesse hearded them back into the house before he said anything. Finally, he said, "There's gonna be four explosions around here this week. So be expecting them." Jesse knew when the Agents found the stills that he maked they'd likely take pictures then blow them up.

Before Jeb could open his mouth the reply, it was his older cousin who answered first. Bo beat Luke speaking by half a second and said.

"Luke and Lori were uh 'helping' each other feel better if ya get my drift and THEY got CAUGHT! So Rosco painted that there line to keep 'em out of trouble."

Dixie had the same reaction Cooter had she fell over laughing Lori couldn't even stay out of trouble inside the jail. Luke glared at Bo for telling his business Bo didn't pay it no mind he just snickered. Once Dixie and Bo got themselves back under control they visited a while longer and then it was time for Dixie to go. She took Jeb's hand again and squeezed it lightly told them all she'd see them later then disappeared back up the stairs.

Cooter and Lori......

Cooter and Lori were driving down the road when Cooter pulled off to the side of the road near a big field.

Lori swallowed hard and looked to him, he was pissed and raging. Lori sighed and said,"There aint no cars wrecked out here?"

Cooter got smart,"Ya reckon? LOREN CRYSTAL DAVENPORT DO YOU NOT HAVE ANY SENSE AT ALL???!!!"

Lori quickly corrected him,"Actually its..Duke!"

Cooter swore,"I dont give a da** if it was some foreign name yer still stupid!"

Lori winced and replied,"Yes....Cooter I swear I'm being forced to do it!!! I promised Luke tonight was my last run!!"

Cooter sighed and hit his hand on the steering wheel,"Lori da** it! tonight you could get caught and go to jail! there are unlimited possiblities here!"

Lori sighed,"Coot....if I tell you WHO is making me you'll run and tell Luke and Uncle Jesse, Cooter Im being forced to run it and I don't want too..."

Cooter saw the hurt and pain,"Ok then...calm down and tell me who...I promsie to you I won't say a word"

Lori looked to Cooter and began,"Boss Hogg, he caught wind of daddy being sick and needed help, apparently boss needed money to put intot he bank's trust funds, yea right!, so he snookered me into helping him and well he threatened to basically kill me and make sure my SAFE trip outta of hazzard was alright..."

"That NO GOOD #^()&)&$_#@&)(&)(&@_$#& Just you wait til I get MY hands on him and if you tell LUKE that he's LIABLE to come out of that cell after him TOO!"

Lori looked to Cooter and screamed,"I KNEW YOU'D GO OFF!!! DONT YOU WORRY I GOT MYSELF IN THIS MESS I CAN DA** SURE GET MYSELF OUT!"

HAVE YOU TOTALLY LOST YOUR MIND? LUKE is going PRISON! DA-- IT!! Do YOU really want to JOIN HIM?"

Lori looked to Cooter and smirked, stepping out,"And if I do?"

Cooter sceamed at her, "THEN Don't EXPECT ME to HELP YA!"

Lori fell over laughing,"Coot dont get yer underwear in a bunch.. ill handle it, let ME do it"

How the HE-- ARE YOU GOING TO DO THAT?"

"gonna invovle a little running, climbing, and burning of course.."

not if I black mail him, easily done with this many ATF's around...AND theres no Proof"

"What are you talking about?"

"You'll see cousin... "

"YOU and LUKE deserve each other with ya'll DANG FOOL Plans!"

"I know it Cooter thats why I love him!"

"YOU ARE HOPELESS!You ain't going to LISTEN to a WORD I"m saying ARE YOU?"

Lori grinned ear to ear and nodded,"I may be..but I know what im talking bout, NOPE i sure aint cousin!!"

Cooter was enraged he climbed out of the truck, which Lori ran, she ran down the road as fast as she could, Cooter cussed and screamed putting a dent in the truck.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lori.........

Lori could tell by the sound of Cooter's fist hitting the wrecker that he had dented the truck. She had known he was mad but not THAT mad!

Cooter knew she could out run him and he wasn't going to chase her. He looked down at the hood of HIS truck and saw the large dent in the hood! He began to curse Lori more! He saw her still running back towards town. Cooter got back in the truck, sighed, and went after her. He pulled up to Lori and said calmly, "Get in."

Lori slowed down and looked to him,"And get my head ripped off or dented in NO!"

Cooter said a bit louder, "Get in DA-- IT!"

Lori looked to him and said,"Ease up tiger and I will!!"

Cooter looked at her like she'd lost her mind, "Ease up? You want me to ease up? Your pregnant and out here tring to run to town after you lost one child. You've been running moonshine for Boss HOGG OF all people and YOU want me to ease up?"

Lori looked to him and nodded,"Yea...and sides activities like this WON'T kill a baby, I learned that!"

Cooter sighed and said, "Would you please just get in the danged truck?"

Lori got in and shut the door with a bit of a louder slam than was necessary.'

Cooter said, "I'm going with you tonight."

Lori looked to Cooter and shook her head,"No you ain't"

Cooter swore, "Da-- it Lori! Where are you delivering to then?" He knew she wouldn't tell him to who but maybe at least the town.

Lori looked at Cooter and sighed,"Coot...it depends."

He stopped the truck with a slide of the tires, "Lori! Give me a straight answer."

Lori looked to him,"I AM!!!"

Cooter sighed and pulled back out and headed to town. At the garage he got out and slammed the truck door. Lori got out of her door and slammed it louder!

BL looked at them and said, "Cooter how'd you get a dent like that in the hood of the truck? Where is the car you towed?"

Cooter looked to B.L.,"Wasn't no car and I got it cause I PUT IT THERE!"

BL nodded seeing Cooter's expression and promply turned around and went back in the garage far away from him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lori pulled out heading to the farm to see what had happened with Jesse's meeting with Agent Roach. She'd come see Luke later after she knew more about Jesse.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cooter didn't follow BL into the garage, intead he went to the jail and stood nicely behind Rosco's yellow line. He looked at Luke and shook his head, "You know you two deserve each other!"

Luke asked, "I take it you mean Lori?"

Cooter nodded 'yes' and said, "She's as stubborn as three mules."

Luke said, "So she told you?"

Cooter nodded. He was debating on telling Luke what he knew cause he knew how hard it would be for Luke to know what was up and NOT be able to take care of the situation. "Said she's got no choice." Cooter lower his voice and said, "Seems Boss is yanking her chain."

Bo and Jeb had been listening too.

Cooter saw three sets of eyes the color of the General Lee looking his way! It was down right scary!

Luke looked past Cooter and said loudly, "ROSCO you call BOSS HOGG. Send SOMEONE to get HIM cause I WANT TO SEE HIM RIGHT NOW!"

Rosco laughed. "Well, now Luke you ain't in NO place to be demanding nothing from ME or BOSS HOGG!"

Luke swore, "Da-- IT ROSCO!!! YOU WANT TO KEEP ME HERE YOU BETTER CALL THE OVERSTUFFED MARSHMELLOW!!!"

Rosco laughed again, "Or, you'll do just WHAT?"

Luke replied, "I COME OUT THERE AND SHOW YOU, SHERIFF!!!"

Cooter, Bo and Jeb were trying to shut Luke up he was about to get in way over his head!

One of the Federal Agents was coming down the stairs and heard Luke's comment, "Sheriff is everything all right? I just heard that inmate threaten you and it sounded mighty like a threat of Escape."

Rosco grinned widely and replied, "Everything is fine but he was making all sorts of demands and threats!"

The Agent looked at Luke, "Well, I'm coming of duty right now and if you so much as sneeze wrong I'll make ONE phone call and have YOU three transported to ATLANTA until your trail! They should have taken you all there to begin with instead of paying for US to stay in this God forsaken place!"

Luke knew he'd pushed too far! He looked at Rosco and said more calm than he was, "You are leaving. When you go report to Boss you tell him what I said."

Cooter said as Rosco left, "Jeez! Luke get a grip I've already dented the wrecker, both doors need adjusted, and it needs new brakes from mine and Lor's talk! We don't NEED them taking you all to Atlanta!"

"Sh--!! I know IT! But, what am I supposed to do huh?" Luke said helplessly. "Where is she going?"

Cooter replied, "She wouldn't give me an answer."

Luke swore, "Da-- IT!" Now he had no way to know when she'd leave or where she was ging so he couldn't judge when she should be back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was a quiet peaceful night as Lori slipped out her window and headed off to load up the already made shine. Everyone was alseep except for Daisy who was at work. Lori drifted Midnight down the drive and drove to Boss's still sight. She loaded the shine and headed out to Chickasaw County. As she crossed the County line driving at a normal speed she couldn't help but panic when she saw none other that Sheriff Big Ed Little pull in behind her! Lori's chest got tight and her pulse and heart raced. She wanted to look in the mirror to see what he was doing but was afraid it would make her look guilty. She tried to keep Midnight going the speed limit. If she dropped too much he'd pull her and if she wetn over he'd pull her. Her grip on the steering wheel got so tight her knuckles were white and her hands were sweating badly. She thought of pulling off in the next drive way but thought better of it. At least if she was moving she had a chance. She said to herself, "Ohhhh sh**!!! just be calm Lori... Luke's gonna kill ya, Cooter already tried...just be calm.. take it easy and he'll pull off." She came into town and kept going, Little finally pulled off at the Courthouse. "Shhhhhhhhheeeewwww!!! That was too da-- close!" She made it to the delivery spot. Unloaded and got the money and headed back for Hazzard.

She was driving pretty quickly to get back home before Jesse got up. As she left Chickasaw city limits she saw blue lights! "Ah! Sh--!!" she didn't have a reason to draw attention to the car and she wasn't loaded with shine so she ulled over. She knew all she had done was speeding.

Little approached the car, "I need you license and Registration, please Ma'am."

Lori handed them to him.

Little walked back to the patrol car and picked up his radio mic...."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At the jail Luke was pacing like a caged tiger. Boss Hogg hadn't come by. Rosco likely hadn't bothered to tell him. Rosco had been right, Luke was in NO position to demand ANYTHING!"

The Federal Agent was bored and had put the police radio on scan.

Bo and Jeb had tried to talk to Luke. Tried to get him to calm down it hadn't worked.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cooter was at the garage and had his own scanner scaning.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Luke and Cooter both heard the same radio traffic but neither paid it a lot of attention, AT FIRST:

Sheriff Little radioed, "This is Chickasaw 1, I need a 10-27 and 28 on the following. Hazzard CNH-190, and GA license G25639."

The responce was, "That license comes back to Loren Crystal Duke, valid, zero points. The tag should be displayed on a Black 1969 Dodge Charger registered to the same individual of RR1 Box 15 Hazzard County."

Bo and Jeb set straight up at Lori's name on the radio and looked at Luke who had become DEATHLY PALE.

All Luke managed to say was, "They got her."

Cooter had stood straight up forgetting he was under the hood of a car. He almost knocked his danged fool self out!

Little returned with Lori's speding ticket and said, "Just pay this in ten days. Have a nice night and slow down!"

Lori nodded to Little and smiled,"Will do sir."

Little nodded and turned to his car. Lori pulled out and went to town, when she arrived she circled the square and saw Luke through the window. She sighed and headed home.

When she pulled up she saw EVERYONE outside.

Uncle Jesse, Coy, Vance, Daisy.

She sighed and pulled in.

Uncle Jesse..........

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At the jail, Luke sighed and his color returned,"Shes safe...shes alrigth."

Bo and Jeb smiled and sighed their breaths they were holding.

Luke.......