Halloween HiJinks

LoriDavenport

B.L sat in the middle of the seat and looked at Luke then Cooter and stated what they all already knew.

"Droopy catches us and the sh** gonna hit the fan. Cooter Uncle Luther'll kill us no questions asked if we call in the middle of the night cos we're in jail in another county."

Cooter nodded frowning they'd be safer UNDER the jail than they would be let go into Luther's custody.

Luke.....

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Luke sighed and headed for Luther's farm, he pulled in out of sight and let the two out, he then proceeded to go and meet Lori at the edge of the pines."

Lori smiled when she saw him pull up, He got out and looked to her,"Lori, if you don't get home you'll be trippin in high cotton."

Lori shrugged and wrapped her arms around him,"I dont care anymore Luke, ti seems since I got over my problems and stuff our uncle's have been on us like a fly to a cow pile."

Luke sighed and said..........

Luke sighed and said, "Lori, right now I need to know why my girlfriend is delivering moonshine to Jesse's customers. And HOW is Boss hogg involved?"

Lori sighed and said,"Luke. my daddy is real sick, he needs the money.. that's why im deliverin it, now how they are Jesse's and Boss's customers, I dont know I just make it and deliver it."

Luke knew Luther didn't hold to moonshining. He had separated from Cooter and Dixie's mother because he worked on the moonrunners at night and the police and revenures car by day. She felt he was earning 'dirty' money but taking money from the moonshiners cause they made it illegally. Luke bagan, "Honey if you need anything, ask me. Tell me. But, don't go getting into something that's bigger than you know around here. People have ended up dead delivering to the wrong person's customers. You are making shine yourself?"

Lori nodded, 'yes', "Yeah, so."

Luke said, "Where did you learn?"

Lori replied, "Reading books."

Luke rolled his eyes and asked, "You got any handy?"

Lori said, "A little."

Luke held out his hand, "Let me try."

Lori handed him a pint jar.

Luke poured a few drops in the lid and lit it. It had a bit of orange and blue to the flames but not much. He wiped the lid and put it back on and shook the jar. He saw it bead up. "Ok, well it ain't gonna kill anyone, but you have some impruities, maybe lead in the sodder. You got some good octane." He finally took a sip, then a drink, and said, "It's not Jesse's but it's good.

Lori.....

Lori rolled her eyes and snorted,"Glad it approves to yer likin darlin!!, have you know that was my great-great-great grandpa's recipe!!"

Luke chuckled a little bit and put the moonshine back in the crate.

Lori looked to him and humphed him,"Wrong person my a--, I've been deliverin' fer the past year!!"

Luke's mouth dropped to the ground. Lori smacked herself and cursed. Luke looked to her and said,"You are aware when Luther finds out, I wont even have a girlfriend?!"

Lori swallowed hard and nodded, the first person that the adults had to tell, that she wanted to was Uncle Jesse. Lori sighed and said,"Reckon we bes go?"

Luke sighed and looked tup to the sky, the moon was full and overhead. Luke hugged her one time and kissed her,"Might be the last I get to see you."

Lori laughed a bit,"If I can help it, it wont be."

Luke chuckled and kissed her one more time, getting in his car her's in her's and they both sped off. With even that much moonshine in the back of their cars if Rosco found them he'd lock em' away for sure, well least he would Lori and not Luke. Lori sped on past uncle Jesse's were he saw Uncle Jesse outside watching her pass on. Luke got out and looked to Uncle Jesse and said,"She caught me...and I caught her."

Uncle Jesse,"I knew her papa was sick, but soo sick he has to endanger her own hide?"

Luke sighed and scratched his head,"I just want her to be safe Uncle Jesse, if Rosco catches her that's it, I wont see her no more."

Uncle Jesse sighed,"I know it son, but I reckon if she's been runnin it this long she aint got caught yet, she'll be ok."

Luke walked in and headed straight for bed. Uncle Jesse silently prayed for Lori.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Luther was out with his rifle and had shouted,"Cooter and Brandy Lou Davenport!!! git yer hides over here now!!! don't hide from me you WILL get shot!!!"

B.L. swallowed as did Cooter, they stepped out in sight with their hands up. They walked to the porch were Luther then proceeded to take his belt off and whip them right then and there.

"THE WOODSHED AIN'T BIG ENOUGH T' HOLD BOTH OF YA, LET ALONG ALL THREE OF YA WHEN LORI GETS HERE!!!!"

B.L. rubbed her rear end as she looked down the drive seeing Midnight Rider pull up.

~~~~~~~~~

When Lori climbed out, Luther went out and popped her trunk...What he found was a sight and a half. He grew red with anger and shook with fear, he had a death grip on the rifle. B.L. looked to Cooter, her eyes wide as Luther said through gritted teeth,"B.L., Cooter git in that house and stay!"

Lori was shaking with fear as Luther ripped into her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After his rant Luther did something Lori never thought she would ever hear him say,"Im givin' you 5 mintues t' get yer things for I call the state MYSELF!! This is rediculous, I raised you better!!!! I ian't gonna have this stuff around or in my house!!! now just git!!!"

Lori ran in the hoouse, tripping over everything, B.L. looked to Cooter and ran to Lori's room,"Lori?!! what happened whats wrong??"

Lori looked to them and as she was about to leave,"Uncle Luther kicked me out I gotta go I aint goin to the state pen fellers!!!"

Lori ran out of the room before they could say anything to her. Luther saw her and she tossed the couple small suitcases in the car and climbed in speeding away before he had a chance to shoot her. Luther walked in and everyone stared at him, B.L. broke the silence with tears of anger,"Why?? How could you?!!!!!"

Luther was already pissed to no end and he screamed at them all, they flew to their bedrooms and never spoke a word.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Lori made her way to the Duke farm, Uncle Jesse knew she'd be there, he laid in his bed as he knew the first place she'd head would be to Luke and Bo's winder. Lori looked around and pecked on their window, Luke stirred a little to see Lori standing outside in the cold, with no jacket on -the dummy- looking to him with tears falling from her eyes. Luke in his boxers got up and opened the window..............

Luke in his boxers got up and opened the window helping Lori inside he then wrapped a blanket around her shoulders to get her warm. Sitting on the bed beside her he rubbed his hands up and down her arms and asked quietly so they wouldn't wake Bo.

"What's wrong darlin' why're you here?"

Lori looked to look and sniffed he handed her a handkerchief and wiped the tears streaming down her face with his tumbs.

"Luther kicked me out he threatened to call the State if I didn't get outta there right quick so grabbed my stuff and here I am."

Luke kissed her forehead and hugged her close rubbing her back....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Back at the Davenport farm things were quiet Cooter, B.L and Dixie were afraid to so much as stick their noses out of their rooms. B.L was still fuming at the way Luther had kicked Lori out. She opened her window and prepared to sneak out just as Cooter opened her door and hissed quietly.

"Where in the Devil are you going? Dad'll whip you again."

B.L. shrugged and looked back at Cooter one leg in the window and one leg out.

"I'm going after Lori what Uncle Luther did ain't right and if he whips me again then so be it but I can't just let her go she ain't got nowhere to go."

Cooter: "Wait I'll come with you"

B.L: "Ain't you afraid you'll get another whippin?"

Cooter shrugged and went back to his room to put on his clothes before coming back to B.L's room the two of them sneaking out the window.....

Jesse heard the car easy in, then, he heard the window open. He put on his robe and headed to the kitchen where he turned the coffee on before he went to the boys room. He knocked once and entered. Luke had put on his jeans and he sat on his bed holding a crying Lori. Jesse said gently, "Luke coffee's on. Let's take this to the living room."

Luke nodded. He reached back for his quilt as they headed to the living room. He wrapped it around her shoulders.

Jesse poured three coffees and took them to the living room. After several minutes Jesse asked, "How did Luther know you were hauling?"

Lori sniffed, and replied, "He looked in my trunk."

Jesse nodded, "First if Luther can tell by your trunk then any lawman right out of school could. If you're determined to do this I'll teach everything I've taught Luke here to try to keep you out of trouble, but I'd prefer you not continue this fool idea."

Both Luke and Lori looked to Uncle Jesse in disbelief.

Lori sneezed before speaking, Luke took back his handkercheif and let her blow her nose,"Uncle Jesse, I ain't got no choice, daddys sick and he needs the money, its all me and my sister and brother can do to help him pay for the doctor bills, Taylor works at the cafe, Jeet works up in Kentucky in the coal mines, I'm the only one brave enough to run shine... I ain't afraid o' the law."

Luke rubbed her back and let her lay in his arms to warm up. Uncle Jesse sat down in the red recliner and nodded,"I see.... you'll start t' be afraid when they catch ya.... theres more ways than that t' scrounge up the money t' help yer daddy Lori, ya gotta look hard enough."

Lori nodded,"I know that... im using my great-great grandpa's recipe, Luke here had to approve of it first."

Luke snorted and tapped her back a little. Lori looked to him and grinned evily,"Well. ya did!"

Uncle Jesse chuckled a little,"I see....I also here yer runnin to MY customers too?"

Lori sighed,"Well they aint my customers, I only run it for Boss... reckon you member that don't ya?"

Uncle Jesse nodded,"Considerin' I was the one who got you outta trouble, yea."

Luke looked confused,"I don't know...I wanna know!!"

Lori laughed and began." Well, ya see when I was 15 I use t' run shine fer Uncle Jesse, course now I wasn't able t' drive.. SO I used a horse, my horse, Trigger."

Luke humphed,"You have a horse??"

Lori giggled,"Yea, up at ole' Tolliver's farm."

Luke nodded, Lori continued,"Figurin usin a horse would be better get t' all the good ole hidin spots sos the law wouldn't catch ya...well Boss Hogg was havin Rosco make his daily runs out and about.. They saw Trigger jump at the sight of one of the moonshine steeles and Rosco stopped and caught me deliverin moonshine to Hobie Hartkins.... Rosco took me bout the time Uncle Jesse was there, and Uncle Jesse and Boss wavered, daddy had gotten sick at them time and I needed the money so Boss made me a deal that if I ran fer him and not Jesse, he'd split the profits with me 50/50 and he's been honest bout it so far, I couldn't stop makin shine after awhile, Boss threatened me that if I did, he'd call the state on me...fellas I dont feel like going to the state either."

Luke sighed and said,"So thats how Boss comes into the picture, Uncle Jesse knew all this time, and you never thought to tell me?"

Lori sighed,"Well...Im sorry.."

Luke kissed her forehead and laid his head on hers. "Uncle Jesse, we can have her run with us, there'd me enough money if she helped me and Bo make it and delievered it."

Uncle Jesse nodded and said,"Yea... well she's helped me in more ways than one...if I denied her, which I can't, that'd be like denying my own child!"

Lori laughed and saw Uncle Jesse get up,"Now I reckon I can trust you two t' set up and talk, and no go and do something foolish.. jus go t' bed here real soon, Sunday mornin church comes early."

Lori and Luke nodded and said in unison,"Yes'sir."

Lori sung in the church choir, she always head since she was little. Lori looked up to Luke who was looking back to her smiling. Luke said...........

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile, B.L. and Cooter were on their way to go and find Lori when Rosco was still out and about and had saw the two speeding by. H eknew Luther would just be tickeled pink to see him drag them two home. Rosco turned his lights on and went after them.

He finally stopped them at a crossroads and got on the CB to Luther,"Calling Luther Davenport, this heres Sheriff Rosco P. Coltrane ya got yer ears on??"

Luther hearing the late night call slinked out of bed and got to his feet to go to the kitchen CB. when he arrived and said,"This heres Luther Davenport."

B.L. and Cooter shook with fear Cooter glaring at B.L.,"Great job Cousin!! ya got us caught!! you and yer hairbrained idears!!!"

B.L. made face at him as they heard Luther get severely pissed and slammed the CB. Rosco returned them home, meeting Luther at the front porch........

Rosco returned them home meeting Luther at the front porch suddenly all B.L's bravado when she'd snuck out was gone and she stood slightly behind Cooter but still in plain view quaking in her boots. Luther glared at them his face red as a beet. Rosco laughed his goofy laugh and said

"Khee Kee Luther I don't know what these young'uns is upto but I caught 'em speedin'. I coulda took 'em to jail but figured you'd handle it just as well and we wouldn't have to bother nobody else this time of night."

Luther: "Thank you for bringing them home Rosco I'll see to it they learn the err of their ways."

After Rosco left Luther just stood there glaring daggers through the two miscreants and started taking off his belt again. B.L had tears streaming down her face and was shaking her head she didn't want two whippin's in one night one was more than enough.

"I thought I told you two to go to bed when you came sneaking in the first time. I see you didn't and decided to disobey me."

Without another word between them Luther whipped them both again right then and there on the front porch for anybody who drove up to see. Then sent them in the house to bed and this time they went.

Luke said, once Jesse had gone to bed, "Lori you could have told me you were in a bind."

"I know, Luke. I'm sorry I didn't tell you. But, you didn't tell me either." Lori replied.

Luke said, "The only one I talk to outside the immediate family, openly about it is Cooter. He knows cause he helps with the cars. Like your Uncle knows."

Lori's eyes got big.

Luke continued, "Honey, why do you think he and Cooter's Mom separated years ago?" He saw the confused look in her eyes, so he explained, "It's also likely why he got so mad at you tonight. He has never made or ran shine. Luther has always fixed the runners to have a bit more horsepower than the revenurers and police. He worked on the laws cars during the days and I've seen him out here at all hours when I was a kids helping Jesse with Black Tilley. Cooter's Mom figured that if moonshiners got money from running shine that the money he earned was 'dirty money'. They agreed to disagree and they separated, but to this day haven't divorced."

Lori shook her head, "That's why he was so mad."

Luke

Luke sighed and brushed her hair back,"Yea, it was...are you singing in the choir tomorrow??"

Lori sighed,"Yea I have too...not that it bothers me or anything I love to sing and all, but why put me leading the women's side?"

Luke smiled and kissed her temple,"Cause yer a good singer, the best voice I've heard."

Lori giggled and scooted closer to Luke, rubbing his chest. Luke looked to her and smiled. He then pulled the cover over him and laid his head on hers, soon falling asleep with her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That next morning at the Davenport farm, B.L. Dixie and Cooter got up and was dressed setting in the living room, ready for church. Luther intended to get Lori at church and have a mighty fine sermon fer herself.

At the Duke farm Uncle Jesse woke up and made everyone breakfast Lori woke up to find Luke asleep beside her on the couch, she looked to Uncle Jesse who smiled to them.

Everyone got up and got dressed. Daisy smiled to Lori as Lori pulled on a yellow sunday dress and her white high-heels. She curled her hair and let it hang down. Luke saw her and winked. Lori blushed.

They all made their way to their cars, Uncle Jesse, Bo, and Daisy in his truck. Luke rode with Lori. Lori climbed in with ease and smiled to Luke. On the way to church her and Luke sang amazing grace like him and Uncle Jesse would.

They arrived to the church and all walked in together. Lori smiled to Luke and kissed him on the outside of the church sos to show respect. She then walked in and walked to the back, putting the choir robe on. She walked out and saw B.L. and Cooter glare at her, Luther was holding a bible and pointing to her and then to it. She swallowed hard and looked down to her music, the director gave her the chords and she began the solo part, the choir coming in..........

She swallowed hard and looked down to her music, the director gave her the chords and she began the solo part, the choir coming in and joining her in the next part the rest of the congregation joining in as well. Luther kept right on glaring at Lori and shaking the bible it made her a little nervous he was still sure enough mad from last night. Usually the Duke cousins and the Davenport cousins all sat on the back bench together with some of the other teenagers. Not this sunday Luther had made Cooter, B.L and Dixie set with him and Jesse had done the same that way they could all be kept out of trouble. There would be no whispering and passing notes during the sermon this week.

Luke made his way over to set with Cooter and a couple other friends as usual. The choir was singing as everyone else was still coming in. Setting just a couple rows in front of the guys were Robin and several of her friends. Luke and the other guys would have been blind not to have seen any of them. He couldn't help but think about some of the good times they had had but he was really worried about Lori. He loved them both but it was totally different. During the sermon, Luke couldn't help but notice Cooter squirming a little more than usual.

Lori saw Robin and rolled her eyes, knowing why Luke was setting were he set at. She also saw Cooter squirm. When the choir was finished with she stepped down and went to set with Mylinda and Bessie Lou. Luke looked back to her and winked Lori sighed and shook her head. Luke sighed, he'd done it now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

After church was over she saw B.L. and Cooter make a bee line dive for her,:"YOU GOT US WHIPPED TWICE IN ONE NIGHT!!!"

Lori looked to them and said,"GETTIN READY T' BE THREE!!! YA'LL HE'S COMING!!"

Luther came after them with the bible in the air,"I'll teach ya'll one way or another!

everyone in the congregation looked to them confused and walked outside to see Cooter and B.l. and Lori trip over each other trying to escape. Luther stopped at the tow truck and stopped waving the bible,"Just you wait!! Loren Davenport, you'll get it soon enough!!!"

Lori stopped her heels were killing her and she looked to B.L and Cooter outta breath,"Fellers I aint goin back!! Id rather rot in the pen than go back to that tyrant!!!"

B.L. threw her hand up, as she was panting hard. Everyone in the church yard was looking to them with their heads cocked sideways.

Lori returned after Cooter, B.L., Luther, and Dixie had left.

She climbed in the Midnight Rider, Luke climbed in with her.

"ohh so you choose to ride home with me and not Robin, thats a shocker!"

Luke sighed and shook his head saying............

Luke sighed he just couldn't win. "I just can't win here can I?"

Lori glared at him. "I feel the same way!"

"I'd like to know exactly what I have done wrong so early in the morning. After being out half the night and up with YOU the other half." Luke said tiredly.

Lori shook her head and sped up,"If you like t' stare at Robin sooo much, please make it less noticable around me ok?"

Luke said, "WHAT?"

Lori seethed, "You know what. You seat there looking right at Robin."

"I was looking right OVER her head mainly at you." Luke said. He was tired from last night activities and knew he had a trip across the state line to get ready for tonight. If things weren't bad enough with Lori also wanting to run shine now she wanted to argue.

Lori rolled her eyes spatting,"Mainly at me.....pffffft!"

Luke sighed and looked out the window,"Will I love you help?"

Lori half smirked,"Ohh now yer just bein cute!" She was still mad at him though.

Luke laughed a bit as they approached the farm.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

When they pulled in Uncle Jesse looked to Lori and said,"You had a phone call...Mylinda said you were spose t' race someone in Chickasaw today??"

Lori sighed and said,"Yea...is it ok??"

Uncle Jesse huffed a bit,"Sure, I guess....but don't make it a habit."

Lori nodded and ran in to change. She changed into her jeans and tank top and boots AND her jacket-she got wise- She came back out and Jesse looked to her,"When you think you'd be back??"

Lori shook her head,"I dunno that Uncle Jesse im headin up to Chicasaw, maybe bout a couple of hours."

Uncle Jesse looked to Luke,"Why don't you call us and let us know, meet Luke somewhere...he's going to Harlan.Ky to make a load, and that's were yer grandma and grandpa from yer mother' side is."

Lori's heart melted,"Id love to Uncle Jesse,but im riding with you Luke done made me mad....he was tryin to be cute when he shouldnt have!"

Luke smirked and shurgged going in and getting ready.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lori went to the races and won, first place. Little was out and looking. She had her friend watch Midnight as she called Uncle Jesse to tell him to come on............

Jesse had given Luke specific instructions 'how' to load the shine. It was an old trick that was seldom used so that it worked when Jesse needed it to and going through Sheriff Little's county and across state lines he needed it to work tonight. If Luke got caught on the other side of teh state line, it would be a Federal charge not just a state crime. The time for a state charge was 2 years tops, but if it was a Federal charge it was anywhere from 2 years to ten YEARS. *****

After a good dinner, a short nap, a shower and a couple pots of coffee Luke was ready to go. He told Jesse to give him about an hour to get loaded and he'd radio Jesse when to get on the road. As Luke was leavign to load up, Lori called to say she was dropping Mylinda off and would meet them at the pines. She also told Jesse that Sheriff Little was looking hard at everything moving. Jesse figured as much. Tonight Luke would be driving Tilley and he'd be taking his pickup truck to run blocker with Lori riding with him.

Luke loaded Tilley just as Jesse had told him. Jesse told him that he figured tonight would be a learning experience for Luke and Lori. Luke had never been stopped carrying a load before. Jeses about half way figured he would be because all his information told him they were pulling checks on everythng that wasn't local traffic. Luke had been schooled in what to expect and what to do should it happen. The fact that Lori was riding with Jesse sorta made the hairs stand up on his neck. He'd never had a girlfriend this close to him rumming shine before. he was good, taught by the best, but he'd even tell you he had a lot to learn to be da--- good!"

Everything was loaded and everyone in motion. Things were WAY too quiet until Luke came with in 2 miles of the state line. Suddenly Sheriff Little pulled out behind him. Luke figured to 'run' him across the state line and loose him. He had done it before, it had worked. He sped off with Little hanging in there enough to follow him across the line where Luke figured on loosing him. Jesse was a couple miles back and Luke had radioed to let him know what was up. He was trying to gain ground to pass Luke and draw the heat off him. Lori was biting her lip. Somehow it was easier being in the drivers seat in the circumstances.

As Luke crossed the state line and turned a hairpin turn hoping to loose Sheriff Little he ran right smack into Agent Andy Roach with his car across a road where there was NO way to get around it. He looked up just in time to see Little block him in.

As Jesse approached the site, he was detoured around to a side road about half a mile back from where Luke was stopped. The road ran right beside the other road. It was separated by pine trees but you could see what was up. Jesse thanked the young officer and drove on slowly so he and Lori could see what was up.

Little was helping search the car. Andy Roach had Luke standing with him at his car. The hood and trunk was up, the sets were out the door panels out. Luke heard the truck and made eye contact but never let on he saw Jesse. He was leaning up against Agent Roach's car talking about fishin', Daisy, Bo, and Jesse like this was his long lost friend. Jesse smiled at the sight. Inside Luke was shaking like a leaf. Outside he was a cool as a cucumber.

Lori though was ..............

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

***** I know Federal Charges usually carry more time than State time but this is based only on fiction for entertainment purposes. I have not researched these charges lately! and it would vary from state to state and depend ont he year in which it occured. No days moonshining would be the least of law enforcements worries in most places, but that is my opinion!

Lori though was going into DT's, out of the agent's sights and the sheriff's. Uncle Jesse laid a re assuring hand on her shoulder saying,"I taught him the tricks of the trade, he knows.."

Lori had tears in her eyes,"Uncle Jesse I swear, if he makes it...I don't think I'll ever even dare get mad at him again!"

Uncle Jesse chuckled softly and smiled to her....

Once the officers reported back to Agent Roach that they had found nothing, Roach replied tensely, "Ok." as he glared at Sheriff Little who was looking very little right now.

Luke said calmly, "Ah, about 'my' car? Ya'll are puttin' it back right?"

Roach sighed heavily, "Put it back just the way you found it guys!"

Luke remained straight faced, but wanted to laugh SO bad! as he watched Sheriff Little and the others put Tilley back together. Then he watched as Little tried to explained that he KNEW Tilley was a runner.

By this time Lori was all questions.

Shortly afterwards Luke was back onthe radio, "Lost sheep to Shepard. 10-4 here."

Jesse smiled.

Lori exclaimed, "WHERE was it?"

Jesse said you'll see.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once they were at the drop off point Luke pulled into a barn outside an old farm house beside a little place called the "Dew Drop Inn".

Jesse pulled up to the bar and grill and asked, "Care for a late night snack or do you want to see where the shine is?"

Lori was wide eyed as she replied, "Where the shine is."

Jesse replied, "Let's go in and we'll go out the back door."

Lori nodded. She followed Jesse who told the bartender / cook, "I need 3 of the usuals and we'll be back." Jesse walked out to the barn with Lori right behind to see Luke under Tilley draining moonshine from the gas tank into glass gallon jugs. Tilley only ran on moonshine unknown to anyone but the Dukes and Luther who had fixed her that way YEARS ago.

Lori................

Lori ran to Luke and hugged him closely. "Ohh my lord I thought they would have fer sure caught you darlin!"

Luke staggered back from the impact of the hug and hugged her back, running his fingers through her hair,"I told ya with Uncle Jesse as my teacher I know what im doing."

Lori looked over and saw Jesse climb in and she then looked to Luke,"Baby....can I ride with you?? Im sorry I accused you of staring at Robin...pretty please??"

With her puppy dog eyes and the way the wind blew her hair, he couldn't resist but to give her a smile and a kiss saying,"C'mon then."

Lori climbed in with him, Uncle Jesse in the truck, and they headed for Harlan........

Lori climbed in with him, Uncle Jesse in the truck, and they headed for Harlan on their way back home after getting three house special sandwiches which was always included in Jesse's payment. Luke breathed a sigh of relief once he was on the way back home with Lori by his side and Jesse in front of him. He figured the trip home would be peaceful with the exception of Lori chewing in his ear.

Lori smiled when she was finished and put her hand on Luke's leg, Luke msiled and pulled her closer to him.She rested her head on his shoulder and snuggled closer to him, she could feel his body heat pulsing through his shirt.

As they came across the Chickasaw County line, Lori rose up to see Little watching them drive by. Him and Roach had, Joel, pulled over, they had just busted him for moonshine. Lori sighed and said," Luke, baby, I think i'll reconsider my future now...."

Luke smiled........

Luke smiled and said, "It wasn't pretty was it? You know he just got a couple years vacation, right?"

Lori nodded. She was doing some thinking.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A COUPLE DAYS LATER!!!!!!

It was a beautiful Hazzard day the sun was shining, the birds were singing, and the Dukes were delivering shine in broad day light. Luke saw Rosco behind him. He knew he had enough shine in the truck to put him away for several years. Luke had an idea and hope it works. He knew he couldn't shake him in the area he was in. Luke gambled and prayed. He headed for Robin's house. He knew it was likely the garage door was open if they were home. Luke only hoped that the gates were open and hoped that her brothers didn't have anything in the garage torn down. If anyof these things were wrong he was caught! As he roared down the street he threw the red and white Ford into neutral and gunned the motor loudly a caouple times in warning. He knew the entire family knew the sound of the car. As he swung wide to go through the double gates he saw they were closed but her older brother, Mark, was running to open it quickly. Luke never even missed a beat as he swung right into the yard and left towards the garage. The door was open. He never let off the gas. As he started to raise up to shut the garage door, Mark had shut the gate and ran to shut the garage door behind Luke.

Mark yelled, "Problems?" He knew Luke hauled shine and ran from Rosco at times to get out of a ticket or just to peeve him off.

Luke yelled back, "YEAH!!!" They heard Rosco go flying by just as the door closed. He then said, "Let me out before he can get turned at the dead end!"

Mark opened the garage door and the gate. Luke flew out backwards turning quickly in the driveway and burning out of through the gate which Mark quickly closed back. Luke hoped he'd bought just enough time to get away from Rosco and get unloaded.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Later that night Luke and Lori went to the Boar's Nest for awhile. Luke looked up to see Mark heading his way.

Mark said, "Hey, I was a little worried about you today. Wasn't sure you were far enough ahead of him. He came by right after I shut the gate."

Lori looked at Luke

Lori looked to Luke and said almost through gritted teeth,"You..uh..went to Robin's house huh?? I shoulda known better Luke!!!! said I loved you, pfffft!! you only love me just cause you know Ill give you some anytime anywhere!!!!"

By this time Mark's mouth had dropped about 20 feet to the ground as Lori threw her cola all over Luke and charged out. She began to walk down the road.

Luke sighed and looked to Mark,"Bad timing dont ya think??"

Mark half laughed,"Yea, I think I shoulda waited.... look im sorry man, if I would've known Lori'd be here..I wouldn't have said anything."

Luke sighed cleaning the beer off,"Ehhh its alright man not yer fault..Lori's just that way."

Mark nodded and walked to the end of the bar.

Luke got up and got in his vehicle. He then proceeded to go down the road in search for Lori.

When he finally spotted her, at the lake, he pulled in and hid his car so they could atleast have some privacy without someone coming down here on them. Today was an exceptionally warm day a good day to go swimming.

Luke sighed and sat down beside Lori,"I wish and I could only pray that you would listen to my side first."

Lori looked to him and then back out to the lake,"Well....Im listenin right now so tell me."

Luke sighed and said,"This mornin Uncle Jesse had me runnin shine, Rosco caught on to me and Robin's house was nearest to were I could hide, Baby I pulled it in there and then I was straigh back out...I put my hand to the good man above...I never even gave Robin a second glance or thought to tell you the truth. I got out of there and went to get you."

Lori smiled and sighed,"Luke im sorry, I jump to conclusions soo soon that it aint even funny...I know it ticks you off and I swear I wish I could change."

Luke chucke;d softly to her and ran his hand from the back of her hair to her back. He leaned over and kissed her. He smiled taking his clothes off, Lori looked to him like he was stupid or something... Luke got in the water and made Lori come closer...."Come here, go skinny dippin with me."

Lori blushed and turned away,"Luke...I....I cant swim."

Luke sighed and took her hands,"C'mon..... I'll teach ya how to darlin, trust me."

Lori knew she trusted him with her life, she took her clothes off and gave him her hands he helped her in and held her tightly. Lori could feel the ehat pound off his body at their closeness...the water was a little bit cool too.

Luke had her in the water and in no time she was diving and swimming like a fish in the sea. Luke laughed as they met in the middle and he kissed her. One of her first tastes of true love.

Hours later they climbed out and dried off, Luke putting hs clothes on and Lori the same. They got in and headed for the farm. Rosco puled up right in behind them, he was pulling them now.

Luke.......

Luke shook his head as he saw the blue lights turn on. This was beginning to get old, but he was empty and going under the limit. "I know I'll regret this but I think I'll see just what he wants." He pulled over and stopped.

Rosco came up to the car, laughing, "Kew, kew, kew. Alright now I got ya."

Luke looked at him like he was nuts, "Got me. Got me for WHAT? I'm the only car on the road. It's 3 am and I was running under the limit."

NARRATOR: Now the main reason Luke stopped was that in these days Rosco was a fairly good law man. Now, Boss Hogg may tell him who to lean on, but he made sure when he did, he could prove you were in the wrong.