Halloween HiJinks

LoriDavenport

Luke looked to Bo and said, "Bo, what the he-- do you call yourself doing?"

Bo countered, "Oh, so it's ok for you have a little fun but not me?"

Luke sighed loudly and said in frustration, "I'm not saying that and I'd hope you'd learn from my mistakes. He--, you see the trouble I've been in the last couple weeks!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lori asked, "You didn't let him did you? After you two left us?"

"Of course not. We talked is all. Believe me, I'm not ready to go real far with Bo or anyone else, but I'd like to be popular with the guys. They all think of me as Cooter's little sister." Dixie fumed.

Lori replied, "I hate to break this to ya, but you are Cooter's little sister!"

Dixie glared, "I Know THAT! But, you know what I mean!"

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lori chuckled softly,"Yea I know, listen cousin, in highschool it's called survival of the fittest. trust me you do NOT want to be popular with all the guys. Would you liked to be nicknamed the whore of Hazzard?"

Dixie sighed,"No,but I want to....."

Lori stopped her,"Well, being popular isn't always fun, it does have its downfalls... believe me, wanna be in the trouble like I'm in right now?"

Dixie shook her head,"NO!"

Lori said,"Alright then, I rest my case."

Lori looked to her younger cousin,"Look, alls you have to be, is yerself, and if the guys can't except you for that then you don't need them. So what if they refer to you as Cooter's little sister, be proud of that, be proud that yer a Davenport Dix!"

Dixie laughed a little and said,"Thanks Lor."

Lori nodded and shooed her off to bed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That next morning, it was chilly outside and Lori dressed in another long sleeved shirt, a pretty pink turtle neck sweater, and some brown cordroys to match it, she wore her boots with it as well. She had a little more color to her face this morning, and some of the gashes had healed up from the lotion she put on them. She took her medicine with some orange juice and ate a muffin or two. Everyone was impressed, although she still looked pitiful, she was regaining some composure back.

Lori and Dixie and Cooter and B.L. all climbed on the bus seeing Luke and Bo in the back. Dixie sat with Bo, Cooter sat with one of his buddies and B.L. sat with Daisy, Luke with Lori.

Luke smiled to Lori and said....................

Luke smiled to Lori and said, "You're looking better this morning."

Lori smiled. She was glad he had noticed.

Luke said, "I think we may need to keep an eye on those two. In some strange way I get the feeling they are either jealous of us or trying too hard to be us."

Lori replied, "You know maybe they are, but Dixie and I talked last night."

"I think I actually get to practice today." Luke said.

Lori laughed and kissed him,"That's great!, I can't practice, they wont let me, they say im too fragile."

Luke looked to her,"Thats because you are."

Lori humphed him and took his hand smiling.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When they arrived at school Luke and Lori stepped off the bus and Lori went over to Mylinda and them, still holding Luke's hand. "Hey guys, did ya miss me?"

Mylinda and Bessie Lou both chimed in,"Did we ever!!"

Lori laughed a little and smiled to them. "Well guys im heading inside its too cold for me out here."

They stood outside of the mornings and went in within the first five mintues when the bell rang to go to first period. Luke walked in with Lori and went to her locker with her to put her books up when the principal walked by and tapped Luke on the shoulder,"Mr. Duke....I heard you and Ernie Ledbetter got into a fight? after practice?"

Lori interrupted,"I was there, Ernie hit Luke first sir. Ernie was harrassing me and Luke stood up for me."

The principal nodded and walked back to his office. Luke looked to Lori and sighed,"Thanks darlin.."

Lori kissed him,"Don't mention it."

Luke and her walked to detention were Ernie sat watching them...........

Luke and her walked to detention were Ernie sat watching them. Luke was sure to set between him and Lori. If it meant getting into trouble again so be it, but he actually had hopes of getting the car to go out tomorrow night. He saw Lori tense at the sight of Ernie.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bo was on the other side of the school watching for Dixie to go to class, when a girl he hadn't know long came down the hall toward him.

Beth was heading to here first period class when she saw 'him' standing outside the room.

Luke winked to Lori and reassured her that things would be fine. Lori wrote Luke notes all day in detention, it was soo boring in there. Luke and her fell asleep a couple of times right against each other. Ernie looked around behind Luke, looking at Lori. Lori saw him and said loud enough for luke to hear to,"Stop staring at me Ernie!!"

Luke was getting mad, hes face began to turn red and his veins in his neck pulsed. Lori took Luke by the arm,"Easy hot-stuff, yer in enough trouble already."

Luke eased up and sighed outwardly. Lori looked to the clock, still had almost half a day to go.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bo saw Beth and smiled, humph he'd never noticed her before. She was awefully pretty, and she had a certain bounce and giddiness in her walk. Dixie noticed the looks he'd been giving Beth all day, and wasn't too thrilled her boyfriend was staring at her best friend.

Jesse looked up as Luke came in from school. He asked Luke but knew the answer, "So, who does Hazzard play tonight?"

Luke replied, "We're 'open'."

Jesse asked, "After chores, you can have the car til midnight. I hope you'll act responsibily."

Luke agreed, "You got it!" He said as he bunced through the house letting out a "YeeHaw" as he went.

Bo entered the house hearing Luke yell. "What's with him?" He asked Jesse.

Jesse calmly replied, "His first taste of 'freedom' in awile. He's been stir crazy all week."

Bo replied, "You're telling me. I room with him!"

Jesse laughed at the two. He was glad to be able to lift the punishment since yesturday had been Luke's 18th birthday.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As Luke prepared to leave Jesse cautioned, "Now, Luke. I expect you to act like you have some sense. Remember, as I have told you, Rosco and JD think that they can shut me down (meaning his moonshining) if they can get you all. They have waited all these years patiently and but you are 18 now."

Luke knew that Jesse was right. He fully intended to act as responsible as he could. But, he intended to have a good time. It was the first time he'd been out in almost a month and he wanted to celebrate that and his birthday. He picked up Lori.

Cooter called out, "Hey, they are racin' tonight."

Luke said, "Ok, we'll head up and watch." Luke was prepared to have a good time. He had his car, his girl and a cooler full of beer in the trunk. He wasn't even planning on racing tonight though he had in the past.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once at the lake it was like everybody who was anybody in three counties was there tonight. Luke was with Lori, Cooter had teh wreck but also had Beverly with him. BL was there with Andy. Robin was there with Steve. Bo, Dixie, Enos and Daisy were all even there. There were several really hot cars there. Those that intended to race customarily opened their hoods for the others to see their engines. Luke parked next to Cooter. Instead of opening his hood he opened the trunk. He got out three beers and a cola. He handed the cola to Lori the beers to Cooter and Beverly.

Cooter asked, "What's the occassion?"

Before Luke could answer, Lori said, "His birthday yesturday!"

Luke took a seat on the hood of the car and opened his beer taking a long drink. He told Lori, "I won't give you one but if you happen to get in the cooler and get one I didn't see a thing."

Lori

Lori smiled and shook her head,"I can tell im in for it tonight ain't I?"

Luke let a growl creep up,"You know it."

Lori giggled and sipped her cola as she sat in Luke's lap. She had returned to normal size and her color had came back, the bruises were gone and so were the gashes. Those vitamin pills sure did work a charm on her.

Cooter looked to Lori as Luke ran his hands over her. Cooter still didn't like it with Luke dating his younger couisn. Cooter sighed and took Beverly in his arms.

Lori leaned her head back and nibbled down Luke's neck, giggling softly,"Hows bout, later me and you head on back to the farm, and head to the barn loft?"

Luke shuddered all over from the invite, he'd been looking forward to her asking him that, he knew she would. He took another sip of the beer and nipped at her neck agreeing.

Ernie however, was a different story he had his hood up showing off his one of a kind motor. Luke snorted and picked Lori up setting her on the grounf gently, popping his hood up and looking to his motor. Lori stood beside of him flipping her hair around.Ernie walked over and slapped Lori on the rear-end, She jumped and clasped her hands over her mouth, watching Luke. Luke raised up and.................

Luke raised up and challenged, "If you think that's impressing her, how about let's seeing you impress her with your dazzling driving.

Lori wanted to talk Luke out of this but knew it was far past that.

Ernie replied, "I don't race for fun Duke. Put up or shut up."

Luke reached for his wallet. He knew Ernie's car it wasn't as hot as Ernie liked to think. "Double or nothing?"

Ernie swallowed hard at the challege. A hundred dollars for one race, but it meant braggin rights if he beat Duke.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

The cars lined up side by side. Lori was going to be the starter. She dropped the hankerchief's and they were off. Luke pulled ahead in his red and white Ford once he saw Ernie in his rear view mirror he grinned, as he saw the finish line coming into sight he took his car out of gear adn still eaily beat Ernie.

At the finish line Ernie was talking junk about the race not being fair and he tried to stop Cooter from giving Luke the $200.......

At the finish line Ernie was talking junk about the race not being fair and he tried to stop Cooter from giving Luke the $200 by saying that Luke cheated and whatnot. Cooter sighed and handed Luke the money, Luke smiled to Lori and picked her straight up, kissing her lightly. Ernie was jealous because he didn't have a girlfriend so he tried to say stuff about Lori. Calling her a whore and whatnot, WELLLL....... plain and simple, you don't want to mess with Luke's woman, that's be liking trying to eat a greneade, it aint smart. Luke and Cooter both looked to Ernie and Luke looked down then said,"What did you, uh....just call my girl?"

Ernie smirked,"You heard me, Lori Whorie!!!"

Lori let a tear slip and looked to Beverly who put her arms around Lori. Luke looked to Ernie and said,"You son of a bi---!" Luke then swung at Ernie, thanking God, Ernie was the same age as him. Him and Ernie was fighting, while that dipstick Enos called Rosco!!!! Lori looked to Beverly and said,"Enos called Rosco!! If he sees Luke fighting he'll get him for sure!!"

Beverly nodded and told everyone to get going, they all pulled out Cooter pullled Luke off of Ernie, his shirt ripped off him. Lori was wearing Luke's jacket, were she still got cold easily. Cooter took Beverly and got her in the wrecker and took off, Luke and Ernie in behind them.

It didn't take Rosco long to catch up to them, Luke and Cooter pulled off, hiding. Ernie got caught and was took to spend the night in jail. Luke laughed and looked to Lori,"That was a close one....."

Lori sighed and said,"Yea, it was.....wanna head home?"

Luke grinned evily,"Ohh you bet I do.."

Lori smiled and pushed her hair back from her eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When they pulled up at Luther's farm, Beverly and Cooter were in the tow truck doing God knows what, Luther and B.L. and Dixie was asleep. Luke got out of the car quietly and took Lori's hand leading her out to the barn............

Lori said, "You didn't have to risk getting into that race or the fight over me."

Luke nodded, "Yeah, I did," He took her in his arms.

Lori felt his excitement at their closeness as he layed her down on the hay..................

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was late, really late, it could likely be considered almost morning as the sun was due to rise anytime now as Luke and Lori slipped into her room to find him a shirt since his had been riped off during the fight. Luke silently prayed that Luther wouldn't catch him in Lori's room or he might be known as the 'Late Luke Duke'.

Lori opened the door and checked the stairs. Luke was still tucking in his shirt as he followed he silently into the hallway and started down the steps. He looked up and saw Cooter looking him dead in the eye coming up the stairs with Beverly behind him. They were just coming in. Luke knew Cooter wasn't happy seeinghim coming out of Lori's room but he wasn't sure this was the place to debate with Luther's room at the top of the stairs.

Lori looked up and jumped back a little seeing the death glare Cooter had on Luke,"Ohh come on now Cooter, it aint like you and bev weren't caught doing it, sides we wasnt even in my room."

Cooter sighed with relief, leading Beverly up to Lori's room. Lori would pay for it, tomorrow was going to be heck on her as she had no sleep. She walked Luke out to his car and hugged him, giving his jacket back. She kissed him and he got in saying,"I love you." Lori smiled and said it in return quietly going back in the house to see Beverly killed out on her bed, Lori changed her clothes and crawled in, she would act sick just to stay in bed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Luke pulled up at the Duke farm and took his boots off, quietly climbing through the window to his and Bo's room. He went and laid down, a night with no sleep bu a great woman, it couldn't get no better than that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

When the sun arose...............

When the sun arose B.L bounced cheerily into Lori's room and on the bed jostling it now normally she'd pounce right on top of Lori but everybody was still afraid Lori'd 'break' so instead she jostled the bed. Lori had only been dozing a short while and opened her eyes glaring at B.L and mumbled

"Go 'way B I'm sick"

B.L grinned wickedly and chirped

"The only thing wrong with YOU cousin is ya stayed up all night doin' it with Luke."

Lori pushed B.L off the bed unexpectedly and she hit the floor with a resounding thump but wasn't bothered by it today she was having too much fun aggrevating Lori. Beverly groaned sleepily and looked at the two cousins. B.L raised her eyebrows and looked at Beverly then Lori then back to Beverly.

"I'm gonna take a stab in the dark here but I'm assuming Cooter didn't sleep neither and that's why Bev is in YOUR bed."

Lori gave B.L an impish grin and nodded well that was all B.L needed she pushed herself up off the floor and ran toward Cooter's room. She didn't get to have any fun last night and she'd be danged if the two cousin's that did got to sleep any today. Crashing in Cooter's room she DID pounce on him right smack dab in the middle of his stomach. He groaned from under the covers.

"Mornin' cousin did ya have fun last night?"

He pushed the cover off his face only revealing one menacing eye and grumbled.

"What're you so perky about today?"

B.L grinned sitting astride his stomach and said

"Weeelll ya see I had me a good night's sleep last night and it's a beautiful day outside."

Cooter glared at her annoyed with her rude awakening and gave her a mighty heave rolling her off into the floor covering his head back up to go back to sleep. B.L laughed and got up off the floor leaving Cooter's room Luther would get them up soon enough her work here was done. Now she wanted to talk to Dixie about her and Bo's night see how things went.......

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At the Duke farm Jesse came into Bo and Luke's room going to Luke's bed shaking his shoulder.

"Time ta get up Luke and start the chores, get Bo up too will ya."

Luke groaned and pushed back the cover it was going to be a looong day........

Luke groaned and pushed back the cover it was going to be a looong day, "Bo come on." Luke sighed as he reached for his pants and boots. After givin Jesse time to get back down the hall Luke asked, "How did you and Daisy get home?"

Bo groaned sleepily, "BL and Andy gave us a ride out. I was a little worried leaving you like that but Cooter insisted."

Luke nodded, "Yeah, he pretty much had everything under control. Why in the world would Enos get ont the CB and call for Rosco? Lori told me about it later."

Bo was trying to go back to sleep but mumbled, "I don't know why he did maybe he wants to be a cop someday."

"His Daddy'd kill him! He runs as much shine as Jesse does!" Luke laughed. Then, began his Sat. morning ritual, he grabbed the bottom of Bo's covers firmly and jerked them across the room. A cold Bo as never a happy one.

"LUKE!!!" Bo groaned setting up.

Luke grinned evilly and left the room for a lot of coffee.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jesse had breakfast ready after the morning chores were done. As they all dug into the delious food he began talking about the work that needed done today and mentioned to Luke, "Oh, and don't forget to oil the hinges on the side door."

"Side door? Uncle Jesse we don't have a side door." Luke said baffled.

Jesse said firmly, "Then, quit using it when you slip in just before dawn."

Luke swollowed hard, nodded 'yes' and said, "Yes, Sir."

Bo about spit his eggs out!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just as breakfast was over Jesse heard a car coming up the drive. He looked out and saw Sheriff Rosco Coltrane pulling up to the house. Jesse reached for another coffee cup and poured in full of coffee for Rosco. It wasn't real unusual in those days for Rosco to stop by for morning coffee especially if he'd been chasin' moonshiners all night.

Rosco knocked on the door.

Luke sorta sunk in his chair. Bo and Daisy both froze giving Luke a worried look. They saw him trying his best to act innocently, but it wasn't working.

Jesse frowned at the three when they didn't move to let Rosco in. He opened the door and said chiperly, "Mornin' Rosco. Got your coffee already poured."

Rosco accepted the coffee, " 'ppreciated that Jesse, but I can't say as that's why I'm here." He was looking right at Luke.

"Oh? Then what brings you all the way out here?" Jesse said.

Rosco sipped his coffee, then replied, "Seems I got a call about a fight last night at the lake. By the time I got there I arrested Ernie Ledbetter for speeding and driving recklessly. He nearly drove over me." Rosco paused. "When I got him to the jail, I could tell he'd likely been one of the people fighting, but he denied it." Rosco got quiet.

Luke never moved.

Jesse was watching and seeing more than he wanted to.

Rosco said, "So, I drove out to see if anyone out here could tell me who and why Ernie Ledbetter was fighting with......"

Jesse got red and looked to Luke,"Luke??"

Luke sighed and said,"It was me, look he started on Lori and he wanted t' race. sos We got into this challenge, I beat him and he got mad. He called Lori some names I didn't like to hear and I went off on him, so sue me for caring about my girlfriend."

Jesse shook his head,"I give a ONE little taste of freedom and you SCREW it up by fightin' Ernie over a girl!!!"

Rosco finished his coffee and said,"Looks like you've got a hold on the situation Jesse, But Luke im warnin ya, im watchin you."

Luke nodded and got up, heading out to the barn to grab the axes for him and Bo to chop up firewood. Jesse walked out to talk to help them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At the Davenport farm Beverly crawled over Lori and went to the bathroom, she walked in on Cooter and screamed waking up Luther. Luther got up and walked out in his robe seeing Beverly stunned. Cooter wrapped the towel around him and had a big grin across his face,"Aint nothing ya aint already seen,"

Luther heard the remark and said,"S'cuse me Cooter?? did I just hear what I think I heard?"

Cooter cursed under his breath,"Da--!"

Luther shook his head, whistling to Camptown Races,"LORI!!!!! DIXIE!!!!!! UP AND AT EM' GIRLS!!!!!"

Lori groaned and got up, putting on her jeans and a tanktop, then her boots and jean jacket, Cooter had to go to work on the firewood, Lori was taking Beverly home, Dixie and B.L. was to clean the house.Lori, as well as the others, had to run an "errand" for Boss Hogg. Lori shook her head as B.L. came bouncing through there and tussled Lori's hair. Lori smiled and brushed her hair back, putting it in a pontytail, letting her bangs hang loose. Lori and Beverly walked outside and climbed in Midnight Rider. Lori had already loaded the moonshine in the back of her car. She sighed as Rosco didn't know nothing about the deal Lori made to Boss.

Lori sped through the back roads, passing the Dukes' farm, Luke looked up and saw her smiling. Lori had a million things to do today, there was a race in Osage County, Moonshine deliveries, chores at the house, and things to do with Luke.

When Lori dropped Beverly off she headed over to Tolliver's farm. When she got out she looked around and sat the cases of Monnshine down on the front porch,Tolliver had a horse as black as night that he took care of for Lori, Lori didn't have anytime for riding today, which reminded her she had a horse race too. Maybe Luke might have to be out of the picture fer a couple of days, or he could go with her to the races and whatnot. Lori got the money he left in the hiding spot, he used the moonshine for wounds on the horses.

Lori got the money and knew she needed more crates, she sped towards Uncle Jesse's.

When she pulled in she got out and smiled to Bo ad Luke. Uncle Jesse nodded and said,"Mornin' Lori, you alright?? OR are ya gonna help Luke oil the hinges for the side door here?"

Lori swallowed,"Sorry Uncle Jesse I kept Luke up late last night..... I need to borrow some Moonshine crates and jugs Uncle Jesse, fer something."

Uncle Jesse.............

Uncle Jesse nodded and pointed toward the barn telling Lori

"Ya know where they are help yaself darlin'"

Lori: "Thanks Uncle Jesse"

Lori headed off to the barn to get the jugs and crates and Luke followed to 'help' her get them. In the barn he whirled her around and leaned her up against the barn wall kissing her passionately. Lori wrapped her arms around his neck as they kissed. After a few minutes she said

"I'd better get these crates and jugs and head on home B.L and Dixie are waitin' fer me to get back and help clean the house."

Luke nodded 'ok' and helped her load the stuff into Midnight kissing her one more time waving her off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At the Davenport farm Cooter was hard at work on the woodpile doing his best to stay out of Luther's way. The last thing he wanted this morning was to get yelled at he was still tired from being up all night last night. Luther meantime had went to the garage while the cousins did their chores before their 'run' tonight. It was a big one so none of them would much sleep they'd be out most of the night if not all night......

Uncle Jesse had been on his way to talk to Luke when Lori pulled in. He watched Luke and Lori load the supplies in her car and suddenly wondered why she needed them. He walked over to Luke and Lori and asked. "Now what on Earth do you need that kind of stuff for?"

Lori studdered at first,"I uh...I uh.....well..... It's a project im doing at school?"

Jesse nodded and cautioned, "Ok, but I'm gonna warn you first that I'm taking your word on this being a class project. If you should have some fool notion about carrying in shine in that there car of yours for whatever reason, it only takes two drops to put you in prison for two years."

Lori smiled, "Yes, Sir, I know."

Jesse changed the subject, "I was just on my way out to talk to Luke. I think it may be good for you to hear the first part of mine and Luke's talk. We had company this morning by the name of Sheriff Rosco Coltrane."

Luke knew this was coming. He wished Jesse would have waited until Lori left.

Lori's eyes got wide.

Lori's eyes got wide,"Uh oh."

Uncle Jesse nodded,"Hes keping an eye on Luke, says Ernie didn't even start the fight and whatnot, Luke says he started on you?"

Lori looked down and nodded,"Yes sir, Ernie called me some names and Luke stood up for me."

Uncle Jesse lookedto her and Luke and said firmly,"Now listen, ya'll use to have a curfew, I extended it last night cause I thought you were responsible enough to handle it, parently i was wrong, I don't want ya'll to be out no later than 11:30 anymore!!"

Lori looked to Luke,"Yes'sir, Well uhh Uncle Jesse, I got some errands to run tonight, can't ya let me by one time?"

Uncle Jesse knew something was up,"What kind a errands?"

Lori sighed and said," Just some communtiy work Boss has me doing."

Uncle Jesse knew it was alie but agreed sending her on her way. Luke went back to chopping wood, he knew Lori was up to something, they all did.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lori got home and went straight in the house looking around, Luther was at the garage, good.B.L. must have been with Andy she was gone, Dixie was out helping Cooter. Lori made her way to get the keys to the lock on her steele sight that she had made in the woods behind their house, no one went back there cept fer her, she was the only that knew. She got the crates and things and ran to the back. When she was in the backwoods, she made at least 2 crates full, that'd be at least a good 100 or so bucks. Moonshine runnin fer Boss Hogg was a little steeply priced when she could make moonshine like Uncle Jesse, only Uncle Jesse's was better. Lori carried the crates to Midnight Rider, Dixie spotted her yelling,"What are you doing Lori??"

Lori stopped dead and shook her head,"Runnin some money to Boss."

Dixie looked confused as did Cooter, but they continued to work. Lori got back in and pulled out. Lori had to run her moonshine secretly tonight. Luke was making delieveries as well, Cooter had promised to help him, as did B.L.

Lori drove through town cautiously sos not to get caught, she ran the money into Boss, Boss wrote it down and told her to make at least another 2 loads. Lori sighed and agreed heading out. She climbed in and avoided the garage.

She then returned home to find Cooter and Dixie looking at her sternly.....

~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile at the Duke farm Luke had got finished with his chores and walked in to call Lori to ask her to come over to the house this evening before he left to run his errands.

The phone rang at the Davenport farm, and as clever as Lori is she jolted through Cooter's legs, picking hersle fup off the gorund runnin in the house. She answered out of breath,"H..hello? Da..Davenport residence?"

Luke chuckeled and said.............

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

B.L. had arrived at Andy's house to find.........

B.L had arrived at Andy's house to find his parents were still gone on their second honeymoon. She let herself in the house and looked around not seeing him anywhere she decided to go to his room to wait she had to get back home earlier than expected to help Cooter and Luke run 'errands' for Uncle Jesse tonight. She opened his door and found him in bed with Hailey Marie Henderson. Andy looked up with a stupified grin as B.L came in and slurred

"ooh lucky me two fer one"

B.L saw red and flew mad at the sight of Hailey on top of Andy she grabbed a shoe and chunked it at them and screamed

"YOU B**** get the H*** out of this house!"

Hailey dodged the shoe and jumped up grabbing her clothes and getting dressed faster than she'd ever got dressed before B.L worried her a little she slipped past B.L and looked back at Andy smiling

"We'll finish this later honey."

After Hailey was gone B.L looked to Andy fire in her eyes and let loose on him cussing at the top of her lungs and throwing everything she could lay her hands on at him. He did his best to dodge it but he was just a little too tipsy to be completely successful and B.L's 'missles' hit dead on target several times. B.L turned to leave and Andy scrambled out of bed grabbing her

"Baby wait it ain't what you think!"

B.L: "Oh then what is it?" B.L spat sarcastically and turned to leave again but couldn't because Andy had her by the arm when she jerked it the sleeve of her long sleeved denim shirt ripped out a little at the shoulder, making her stagger a little almost losing her balance. Andy took advantage of this and grabbed her kissing her hard on the lips when he let go she slapped him and stomped out of the house getting in her car heading for home, screaming as she exited the house.

"IT'S OVER BETWEEN US ANDY I THOUGHT THE RUMORS WERE LIES AND I COULD TRUST YOU GUESS NOT!!!!"

B.L came tearing into the driveway kicking up dirt and dust, got out of her car and went inside not even paying attention to the fact Cooter and Dixie were sitting there she was too mad.

Andy quickly got his self pulled together, truth was he really liked B.L. she was "talented" . He got in his vehicle and pulled out to go to her house.

~~~~~~

Luke chuckled softly and said,"Hey baby, why don't ya come by the house this evening,I have to run some Errands for Uncle Jesse tonight so come by the house?"

Lori was about to speak when B.L. cam through the doors with tears of anger in her eyes. Lori sighed and said,"Andys done something to B.L. I can't hot stuff, well not right now, maybe I can catch ya for I leave tonight too?"

Luke sighed and said,"Alright then, sounds good...love ya darlin."

Lori smiled,"Love you too hot stuff, bye."

Luke chuckled he loved it when she called him hot stuff. He hung up and sighed.

~~~~~~~~~

B.L. charged off to her room, Lori following in behind. "B, whats wrong?"

B.L. started crying more and looked away,"Just go away Lori!!"

Lori sighed and sat beside of B.L.,"Darlin, what did he do to you??"

Lori took note of the ripped sleeve and got mad. B.L. looked up to her with tears through her eyes,"He cheated on me with Hailey Marie Henderson, and he slept with her, he was drunk."

Lori rubbed her back, Cooter noticed the sleeve and went into her room, Lori pointed to the tow truck and Midnight Rider telling him to wait. Cooter nodded and headed out. Lori looked to B.L. and said,"Well now, you let me handle Hailey and Andy and I'll be back ok?"

B.L. sighed, she didnt care. Lori nodded and ran outside and climbed in the Midnight Rider, pulling out. Lori and Cooter saw him and they skidded in front of him to a hault an got out. Lori and Cooter both picked him up cussing him out, literally beating him to death, Lori breathed in deeply,"You tell that bi--- Hailey Ill be after her next! that aint no threat it IS a promise!!!"

Lori and Cootr got back in and headed to the farm. When they got there Lori walked in to see B.L. amazingly still crying, Lori sighed and plopped beside her,"Well, that takes care of him... sweetheart ya can't be too tore up over a pri-- like that."

B.L. sighed,"He was my first though."

Lori looked to B.L.,"Well darlin, you jumped the gun too soon, I waited to finally be with Luke, He IS the special one for me, Look it'll take you awhile to find HIM, once ya do... you'll feel on cloud 9."

B.L. smirked and said,"Yea... I wanna feel like you did last night!"

Lori smacked B.L. in th eback of the head,"Hush that now! we won't have no vulgar language in this house!" Lori said sarcastically speaking. B.L. laughed and got up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lori headed off to the Osage county line with her moonshine delivery, She got there and the fog was rolling in. When she was talking to her buddy, Joel. Luke and Cooter and B.L. pulled up seeing her talking and handing a crate of moonshine over to him, Lori was caught like a deer in the headlights. Luke got out and said...............

Lori went back and got the rest of the crates of moonshine taking the money and setting on the hood of the Midnight Rider,"Welp ya'll done caught me now, look its a long story...wait a mintue what am I doing here what in the he-- are you doing here??"

Luke snorted and said,"Well, same thing yer doing apparently."

Lori swallowed and told them the story. Luke nodded and said,"Why wouldn't you tell us?"

Lori sighed,"Cause if Boss finds out, im screwed is why."

Luke....................

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Luther walked in seeing no one home, cept fer Dixie who was home ALONE!!

Luther got mad and decided he get all three of them when they headed through that door.

B.L's mouth fell open hearing Lori's answer

"GIRL YOU DON'T KNOW THE MEANING OF SCREWED YET! When Uncle Luther finds out your running shine for Boss Hogg he's gonna turn you every which way but loose!"

Luke put his hand on B.L's shoulder to quieten her tirade now was not the time to bawl Lori out if Rosco came along Lori might get away cos she was running for Boss but himself, Cooter and BL would surely be on their way to the hoosegow and that would not make Luther or Jesse happy.

Lori flew mad,"WHEN UNCLE LUTHER FINDS OUT YOU AND COOTRER BOTH HAVE BEEN RUNNIN," she quietend down,"Shine, YOU wont know which way is left or right!"

Luke looked to Lori and put his finger to her lips hushing her. "Lokk if any of them finds out we ALL will be screwed, sides Uncle Jesse, if he finds out you lied to him Lor, he'll beat you black and blue."

Lori sighed and nodded,"I know that."

"Lori, get out of here real quiet now. I'll meet you by the pines on the other side of the county line. Droopy catches us all over here he'll know why." Luke said through gritted teeth. If it wasn't bad enough he'd roped BL and Cooter inot helping him, but here was Lori appearantly driving for the competitor, Boss Hogg."

Lori got in Midnight and headed out.

Luke turned to Joel, "I knew you needed a big shipment, but didn't figure you'd go to Boss Hogg." Luke sighed, "That's our load."

Joel handed Luke the money for the shine without reply.

Cooter and Luke hurriedly unloaded and pulled out slow and easy.