Davenport Family Reunion.

LoriDavenport

B.B spoke up,"Hey ya'l lets head on back to the Boar's Nest and, well Lori you cant drink, but we can and we need to!"

Loir laughed,"How bout this we all play us one last tune together!"

Dixie nodded.

they all, including Luke arrived at the boars nest seeing uncle jesse and daisy there. they knew that something had happened, but didint ask as luke walked over to them,"Well guys its all over, no more drama, sad thing is Lori is leaving, she wont stay and shes pregnant."

Uncle Jesse shook his head and looked away to the Davenports who were in frotn of the mics,"Howdy ya'll," Lori said,"Id like to sing a song by a good friend o' mine in Nashville, Hnak Williams Jr, called Family Tradition."

Everyone began clapping as Lori gave them the beat and they she began to sing. Lori loved singing as it was her passion, she thought about it, after she'd had this baby she;d return to her music. She turned and looked to her family as everyone smiled at her, listening to her voice. Loir looked to Luke and smiled and winked.Luke looked to her clapping and whistling, paying morwe attention to Dixie, he saw the look lori had givren him ad instantly smiled back winking.

As everyone got finished and stepped off the stage Lori looked to Dixie and Luke and smiled,"I like to dedicate this song to my cousin Dixie and Lukas.."

Lori then began to sing Up On a Hill........a song she had made a looong time ago.

She began her raspy, smooth velvety voice singing the song Luke looked to Dixie and smiled taking her hand, they both looked to Lori and clapped their hands whistling to her and smiling. Luke looked to Dixie,"If theres anyone that I know has a voice like an angel its Lori."

Dixie frowned at him,"Im kidding darling although she does have an excellent voice."

Dixie smiled,"Yea my cousin sure does."

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After a long while, Luke looked at Dixie, "If you want to stay we can. I know you haven't seen most of your family in years. But, I'd like to spend some time with you too before I have to go back to work. Course these days I only go in when I'm called but I'll be on call after tomorrow." Luke was the Sr. Smokejumper based out of Atlanta.

Dixie had waited since she was 16 for this chance. She nodded 'yes'.

Luke took her hand and they slipped out unnoticed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Luke drove to the lake, where he and Dixie were first together. He said, "Dixie, I am so sorry that we weren't together that night. I was trying to make Lori happy, not hurt you......"

Dixie put her finger to his mouth, shushing him. She reached behind her and undid her bra, then pulled off her top, "Luke I have waited for you since I as 16 to be with you."

Luke gave her a look of surprise.

"There HAS been no one else, and there NEVER will be IF you'll have me." Dixie said.

Luke was still more than shell shocked from finding out he was going to father a child. "Dix....."

"I know, Luke, but I ain't going no where." Dixie said.

Luke knew that IF he turned her down, she'd think he loved Lori and he didn't WANT to turn her down!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cooter sipped larger amounts of coffee trying to find his head as he could hear every curse word uttered by Lori who was packing, echo into the room where he was nursing a bad hangover. She said as planned. But, Cooter thought it was more because Luke ad Dixie had disappeared last night without telling anyone.

Cooter groaned to himself as he heard the General Lee roar into the driveway. Luke and Dixie had left in him last night.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was only a second before Cooter heard something break in her room. Them she appeared with her bags ready to leave with Luther as Luke and Dixie came in the house. They could have denied it to their dying day but everyone who was there knew what they had been doing since they left last night.

Cooter swore silently. He had hoped Lori would be gone by now. He knew Luke and He knew Dixie......

After Luke and Dixie came in it wasn't long till BL and Konrad came into the kitchen BL practically bouncing there had been some moans,giggles and other sounds coming from their room which was right next to Lori's last night after they got home from the boar's nest.

"Mornin"

B.L. chirped and poured herself and Konrad a cup of coffee handing him one before taking a sip of hers.

Loir looked to BL and laughed,"Done took my chnces on that subject BL dont think ill head down that road no more." Lori walked over and gave her a big hug,"Ill mis sya mouth of the south."

BL giggled at her.

Lori shook her head and walked to the door looking to Dixie winking,"Purty good aint he?"

Luke heard the comment and snorted rolling his eyes smiling. Lori droped her bags and hugged Cooter,"Ill miss ya cousin."

Cooter let a tear slip Dixie looked to Lori and hugged her tightly,"I swear I wish ya wouldnt leae cousin."

Luke looked to Lori and hugged her,"Lor, I hoenslty wish youd stay and let me help ya take car eof the baby."

Lori had a tear in her eye,"If I stay itll hurt me too much Lukas."

Luke swallowed and returned his grip to Dixie's hand.Lori walked out putting her things in th trunk of her car, waving to everyone as she got in an dpulled out, Luther following in behind, She was gone, for how long? no one knows.

Three weeks after Lori left, Dixie came into the farmhouse. She looked at Luke with tears in her eyes.

Happy / sad he wasn't sure. He was handed a slip of paper from Dixie as she exited the room almost as fast as she came in.

He heard her deathly ill in the bathroom.

Luke looked at the paper which he quickly glanced at three words jumped at him. Pregnancy Test: Positive.

Luke had already talked to payroll. He saw a lot of overtime in his future. He was glad he liked his job.