Davenport Family Reunion.

LoriDavenport

"I know being sorry won't change anything or change the facts......." Luke was interupted by a very disappointed Jesse.

"Know a lot don't ya Luke? About as much as you knew when you were twenty." Jesse reminded.

Jesse's reminded was more like a kick in the stomach (or lower). Luke once again hung his head for several minutes before he looked at Jesse. When he did he had tears threatening to fall and said, "I don't know what else to say or do, other than I am sorry for hurting you and everyone else."

Jesse stepped up on his soap box, "Well, first thing is going to be to get you two otta here in a couple WEEKS, then you young man are going to work really hard at cleaning up this entire mess!" Jesse added, "I noticed when I came by the garage there were plenty of cars there. Either Cooter is doing a lot of business or every Davenport this side of the Mississippi is over there."

Lori had been too busy with their current situtation to notice. She stepped up on the bunk. She could just get a glimpse of the cars Jesse had mentioned but could not really make out which ones were there. Frankly, she didn't want to know. She suddenly felt really hot and dizzy. She knew to get down now, so she sat down on the bunk. She was as pale as a ghost and deathly nausious but she DID NOT want to get sick. Not now. Not with Jesse here. He'd know for sure. She hoped he and Luke wouldn't be paying her any atention right now as they were talking at he front of Luke's cell. She pulled her knees up to her chest and looked away from them trying to 'will' herself not to get sick.

Luke added to Jesse's statement glumly, "Luther is in." He knew Jesse and Luther had been friends for YEARS but it was threatened several years ago by what Luther still thought of as Luke's betrayal of his trust. Luke had the keys to the garage, impound lot and wreckers and even had Luther's permission to take Dixie places with him. But, Luke had waited patiently until after her big birthday that eveyone had planned for, for months. He had been a perfect friend and gentleman. Then, one hot summer night at the lake everyone had managed to leave early. Jesse didn't know Dixie was planning to stay with Daisy that night and Luther did know it. Dixie didn't have a time to be in that night. Luke and her discussed the feelings they'd had for each other and then things got a bit too hot. Luke had made her 'first time' very special, ah, ...... that was right til the time the two State Troopers decided to check the lone car out. It was only then did Luke find out Dixie's big birthday was her 'sweet 16' party not her 18th birthday. The added 2 years in the age difference made it more than a breach of Luther's trust it made it a Felony. As everyone was wantign to remind him here lately, It was Jesse who talked Luther into droping the charges if Luke would enlist in the military. He had enlisted in the Marines. The recruiter even arranged with Rosco for Luke to be turned over to him when he was released and Luke was out of Haazard and off to training that quick. But, life between the Davenports and Dukes were strained at best for sometime to follow. Even after Dixie went back to her mothers after swearing never to return to Hazzard. He thought, until now and here I screwed that up! He noticed Lori step down from the bunk she was deathly pale. He silently prayed, 'Not now. PLEASE not now.' Luke knew Jesse would be on that like stink on sh---, if she threw up. He really didn't need to discuss 'that' again with Jesse today anyway.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dixie looked at Daisy, "I really would like that maybe before we leave, but right now I have too much to think about and still have to face all the Davenport clan who will remind me that I screwed up years ago having anything to do with Luke. Let alone now coming back to see him."

Daisy who hadn't been given any information about what was going on from Bo asked, "Sugar the first night you were back Luke was sure glad to see you. What's going on?"

Dixie replied, "He was even gladder to see Lori. So glad in fact that they SLEPT TOGETHER!"

Daisy ...............

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cooter knew he opened his mouth and knew BL wasn't budging until he told her something, "Luke isn't a friend to any of this family. He has worked for YEARS trying to tear it apart." He replied a little too loud.

"What do you mean by that?" asked Luther "I thought we had all buried the hatchet on what happened years ago. Though I'm glad that Dixie isn't 'mooning' over him, figured I'd spend all my time here trying to talk her into not having anything to do with Luke."

Cooter replied..............

Daisy hung her head,"Did ya ever think that maybe he was only trying to make her happy as well? Now I know it involved hurting you, but you hurt him worser darlin, being with Ernie and all.

Dixie.........

~~~~~~

Cooter replied,"Wont do ya no good dad, shes still mooning over him and Lori is too, Lori and Luke well they slept together! Lori came from the Docs office and we dont know nothing,yet. "

Luther looked to cooter and said........

~~~~~~

Loir couldn't help it she fell to her knees and held her stomach, puking her guts up everywhere. Enos ran down with the mop and looked to Lori,"Aww shucks Lori, didnt doc give ya anything?"

Lori shot Luke a look,"Ohhh e gave me something alright!"

Luke looked to Jesse who...............

Dixie replied, "I know I hurt him being even seen with Ernie, but I didn't tell him to tell Luke we'd been together. I swear nothing like that happened."

Daisy ............

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BB looked at Cooter in dis belief. "Was THAT why she was at Doc's I thought it was something about strep throat?"

Cooter gave him a look.

Luther looked at Cooter and said, "Does Dixie know this?"

Cooter replied, "See that rubber out front?"

Luther said, "Yeah looked like some of Bo Duke's."

Cooter replied, "Nope. Dixie!"

BL looked at the three, "You mean Lori went to Doc's cause she thinks she's pregnant." She was the only one there to put what everyone was thinking into words.

LB glared at her, "You know you enjoy this stuff way too much."

Cooter replied, "All I know is what I saw. You'd never be able to drag anything outta Doc and Lori's saying it was to see if she had strep throat." He sighed, "I don't ya'll."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Luke looked to Jesse who immediately looked away, then said with a loud sigh, "We don't know."

Jesse looked at him hard, "Well, I do! Luke! I can see this years from now, that CHILD is gonna ask where you were when you found out about them and you BOTH can say in JAIL while doing 30 days for Jail Escape!! Haaaaa!" He stood to go, then added, "Ya'll best be figuring on what you intend to do about this. Luke, I'll accept nothing short of honorable!" Jesse said as he walked out.

Enos looked at Luke in a strange sorta way as Jesse left, "What child is he talking about?"

Luke just told Enos, "I might need that there mop myself, Enos."

Daisy sighed,"I believe darlin, ya need to tell Luke that though."

Dixie sighed and nodded, knowing Daisy was right.

Uncle Jesse pulled in as his tires squealed to a hault.

Daisy and Dixie..........

~~~~~~~~

Lori looked to Luke and shook her head,"Im sorry Luke, now Uncle Jesse is pissed and ALL the Davenports suspect it.

As Luke was about to reply B.L walked in,"So it is true, you ARE pregnant Lori?!"

Lori shot up and fell back to the bed as she was still dizzy,"We...we don't know. yet B.L what are you doing here anyways??"

B.L shook her head,"Uhh Enos id feel safer if you shut the door."

Enos looked confused as he did as B.L said,"Well Lori, yer father called."

Luke looked to Lori who had a look that would drop you deader than 4:00.

Lori:well, what's he wont?"

B.L:He uhh he wants to make things right with you, hes coming to the reunion.

Lori blinked her eyes as she remembered the wprds he told her when she was little.

Lori looked to B.L: My.....mother was on her death bed whne he told me...he...he didn't want anything to do with me...he hated me!!!!"

Lori broke down into tears as she missed her mother more than anything. B.L softly replied,"Im awfully sorry cuz, we couldnt deny him, he si a davenport."

Lori looked away and grunted,"Yea, something I wish I WASN'T!!!!!!

B.L looked to Lori and shook her head,"YOU...you dont mean that... Lori you....

B.L got soo mad she stomped off up the steps, Luke had heard Lori and looked to her replying about the situation she was in......

Jesse got out of the pick up and walked toward the barn. He looked for Bo who was already heading his way.

Daisy looked to Dixie. "Guess it's guy talk. They ain't learned yet that we can hold our own in those conversations."

Dixie just said, "Yeah."

When Bo got to the barn Jesse was brushing Maudine the mule. Maudine liked it and it was something Jesse did when he was upset.

Bo said, softly, "Uncle Jesse?"

Jesse said, "Looks like we're gonna have our hands full around here."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Luke thought 'so much for waiting to tell anyone' as he looked at Lori. he shook his head. Why on Earth would they tell her this now? he wondered to himself, He reached through the bars, which having to do so pissed him off even more, and attempted to rub her back a little. "I know what you've been through with Bobby Lee but nothing says you have be around him."

"Like I can chose who just decides to 'pop' in. I sure as hell can't go anywhere!" Lori said in frustration."

Enos was still baffled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BL nearly bounced into the garage!

Lori walked away from Luke and laid down on the bunk crying. Enos who looked to them,"What child is ya'll talking bout?"

Luke shook his head,"No child Enos, dont worry with it, something me and Lori has to decide on.

~~~~~

B.L looked at everyone,"SHE SAID SHE WISHED SHE WASN'T A DAVENPORT FELLERS!!!!"

Cooter looked down and back to her,"I can imagine why."

Luther asked her,"Well? what did ya find..."

B.L snapped,"Ohh I tell ya what I found!!! our cousin just may be PREGNANT!!!!!"

Luther's eyes got a s big around as his stomach,"You...you mean its..."

B.L"YEA!!!! YA KNOW HES GOT ALOT OF NERVE DOING SOMETHING LIKE THAT!!!!!!!!!!"

L.B looked to his siter,"Calm down honey, itll be alright, we promise."

~~~~~~

Bo looked to Uncle Jesse,"What do ya....oh..OH...Uncle jesse it can't be true?!"

Luke stretched out on his bunk. It would take all of MAYBE two hours for the entire County to know THIS!! He might as well get ready for all living He-- to bust clean loose.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Luther fumed, "I knew I should have bonded him out of jail years ago just to kill him, but the danged Judge knew me too well and wouldn't set him a bond!"

Cooter looked up at him and said, "Dixie?"

Luther replied, "News like this will spread like wild fire."

Cooter was heading to the wrecker, "I'm gone."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jesse replied, "I was referring to all the Davenports that are in town, but things aren't looking good. We may be getting us a couple more Dukes."

Bo looked at Jesse in surprise, "Jesse if she IS. Dixie may kill Lori or Luke! You don't think Luke would ....... m .......mar......" Bo could imagine Luke married. Especially not married to Lori.

Jesse replied, "I told him they better decide what they were going to do and that I'd accept nothing less than honorable."

Bo knew how upset Jesse was when he and Beth found themselves in the same situation, BUT Bo loved Beth and had planned to marry her just not that soon.

Cooter sped to the farm to get Dixie he wanted her there with all the others. When he arrived Dixie was outside,"Dixie, I need you to come back to town with me, we gotta talk."

DIxie replied to Cooter:but coo........

Cooter:dixie please, no trouble just come with me please.

Dixie could tell that Cooter needed her to cooperate and siad he rgoodbyes to Daisy getting in the wrecker,"We uhhh nedd to uhh talk honey."

~~~~~

Bo looked to Uncle Jesse,"Ya know he dont love her uncle jesse, he loves dixie and dixie is now legally old enough to get married."

UNcle Jesse looked to Bo: I know that!! I aint sayin he had to marry her, but all the same, it will be HIS child and he needs to take care of it with her!"

Bo looked to Uncle Jesse,"Some how uncle Jesse I dotn think Lori'll stay in town to let him help her."

Uncle Jesse shook his head,"If sh ewants to take on the responsibility then let her, but that childis gonna wanna know who his father is, were hes at, and why hes with another woman, a one Dixie davenport, it's mother's cousin!!!

~~~~~~~~~

Lori looked to Luke,"Something me and you need to decide huh? well here ya go try this on fer size, Ill leave, you and Dixie get married like you intended before, ill take the CHILD and raise it myself on my own like ive been fer the past god knows how long!! sound like one of yer brilliant ideas Luke?!!!!!!!"

Loir shot him a look and looked o Enos who was shocked,"Soo tha...thats the child,Lori yer preg.....

Lori nodded,"I might be, doc said purty good chance."

Luke.............

"We uhhh need to uhh talk honey." Cooter began. "I know how much you are hurting, but I'd like us to go for a little ride and get away from everything and everybody for a spell."

It sounded good to Dixie. Too good, which is what worried her most, "Ok."

Cooter drove pretty far outside of town to a place where they all use to go camping. It was a warm summer day but had a nice breeze blowing through the open area. Cooter parked the truck and promptly placed the wrecker keys in his pocket.

Dixie looked at Cooter as she got out of the truck, "Why did you bring me all the way out here?"

"I'm gonna level with you. I figure that your upset already and will likely be more upset by the time we get done talking. I figured out here you can have some time to pull yourself together before going back to town." Cooter was serious.

More serious than she'd seen him in her life. Dixie waited.

Cooter began, "Firstly, about everone has made it to town and I've tried to give you some time. I know you were upset when you left town, but Honey everyone is asking about ya. BB, LB, BL and even Dad are at the garage. You ain't gonna believe this though Bobby Lee is coming in."

Dixie knew what this would do to Lori, but right now she didn't care. She told Cooter, "I'm sorry to have deserted you. I know when I told you I was coming you were glad that I'd be here to help you and I've let you down. " Dixie said feeling bad.

Cooter soothed, "Honey don't ya worry about that. I'm sorry that I broke the news to ya about Lori and Luke like I did." He saw her temper flash in her eyes.

"Can we leave them outta this?" Dixie asked.

Cooter looked his little sister in the eyes. Yes, she had grown up, but right now she looked like a frightened child. "No, Honey, we can't. I actually want to talk to you about them."

Dixie flew mad, "What have they done now had the Justice of the Peace marry them or something?"

Cooter sighed, "No, but you have known for years Luke has always chased women and usually acted on it if they were willing."

Tears had now formed in Dixie now orange eyes, "But Coot, I thought he changed. I mean he had when we were together years ago." She stared at the diamond ring she was still wearing. She had thought of throwing it as far as she could but had made up her mind that she'd wait until he asked for it back. It had indeed been his Mother's.

Cooter saw her look at the ring, "Honey, he did change. You brought out the best in him and he changed for as long as you were here for. He's a guy and I've heard stories about his Marine Days. He was in combat and thought he may never make it back. Then, of course there was the time that he was glad to be back......."

"Cooter spare me the details, huh?" Dixie looked tried.

Cooter continued, changing the subject a bit, "Anyway he may not have had a different girl every night and for only one night like he had before ya'll got together but he ain't bee no saint either."

Dixie said, "Sounds like you're takingup for him. I thought you were mad at him."

"You just don't know how mad!" Cooter said, "Honey, I'm just telling you how Luke is. He thought you'd been with Ernie. If Lori was willing, he-- we know Lori was willing, her reputation is as bad if not worse than his is. You are doing what I did, but I've had time to think on it. It took them both."

Dixie nodded, "Ok, I'll kill them BOTH! Just as soon as I can get my hands on them!"

Cooter saw this was going badly. He'd try a different route. "Honey, just hear me out."

He had called her Honey more in this conversation than in her whole life. Dixie looked at her big brother and saw how painful this discussion was for him too. She nodded 'ok'.

Cooter took his hat off for a minute. It sure was getting hot out here. "BL went over to tell Lori that Bobby Lee is coming in. She said she overheard a conversation ......" figuring there was no easy way he just tell her, "Honey, ...."

There it was again.

"Lori was sick." Cooter bit his lip and continued, "She MAY be ......" He said very lowly, "Pregnant."

Dixie looked at him in disbelief for several minutes. It looked as if he'd punched her and that she had almost stopped breathing.

He waited until she started scaring him. Cooter stepped closer and took her in his arms as she became dead wait. She hadn't passed out she was still looking at him. He sat down on the ground with her and lightly patted her face, "Dix, Dixie. Come on now."

She inhaled a very long breath and then cried out with a cry of pain, "Nooooooooooooo!" In that time she had seen her entire life flash before her eyes and all the hopes and dreams she had dreamed since she was a little girl go right down the drain.

Cooter sat holding her and let her cry as he gently rocked her. Dixie was a survivor -- strong and tough but not right now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Luke looked at Enos, "We had hoped to keep this quiet at least until we know something for sure."

"Sure, Luke. Sure. Ding Dang it! Congratulations!!!! I didn't even know you guys were serious!" Enos said fully excited.

Luke didn't feel the need to explain things further to Enos. He was thinking and did have a couple ideas but he wasn't sure how either Lori or Dixie would feel about his ideas or him. Luke looked at Lori and said, "No, that may be one of your ideas, but it ain't even close to what I was thinking.

DIixe looked up to Cooter who was madder than she'd ever seen him,"Cooter, can't we just call off the reunion, i mean look at how much has happened."

Cooter shook his head,"Well I don't know bout you but I think BObbie Lee would like to know hes a grandparent don't you?"

At that time Cooter had saw a black, with qhite racing stripes, 70' dodge charger pull up. He got up with Dixie and walked over to them. "Howdy str...., Bobbie Lee?"

Bobbie Lee looked out his window,"Howdy nephew, I know uh it was a little short of notice but uh, I couldn't get these two outa the house."

Aw oman who looked as if she was married to him had said,"ohhh now honey you leave the kids alone."

Cooter looked at Dixie who knew exactly how pissed Lori'd be now, another woman in her so called father's life, trying to replace her mother.

Bobbie Lee looked around,"Were is everyone?"

Cooter chuckled alittle,"Not here, they're at the garage right now."

Bobbie Lee smiled,"I reckon I still know were tis at."

Dixie opened her mouth up,"Ohh hope ya know were th jails at, you're gonna be seeing it alot considerin Lor...."

Cooter stopped Dixie, he looked at her so evil itd make the devil quiver in his cowboy boots.

Bobbie Lee:Why she in jail??

Cooter shook his head,"Go ask her if ya want, can't guarantee ya she'll be in the best mood to see ya."

Bobbie Lee shook his head,"I know it Cooter, I said somethings to her when she was little and I regret that each and everday."

Bobbie Lee looked around and nodded, taking offtowards the garage.

Cooter looked to Dixie,"We gotta follow him, he'll go down there and they'll jump him fer sure."

Dixie nodded, not wanting to go, not ever.

~~~~~~~~~

Lori looked to Enos and rolled her eyes,"HA!!!! thats funny Enos!!! ME and LUKE serious, now come on Enos tell me when you've ever seen me be serious with someone? besides trying to be serious with Jack thanks to, yet again something tied to Luke, Candy being married to him, then there was Billy Ray, but he left me fer Bessy Lou in town, oh yea they've got three kids, aint it Lovely?"

Lori looked to Luke who looked back to her saying...............

Dixie nodded, not wanting to go not ever but knew Cooter was right so sighing heavily she trudged back over to the wrecker and climbed in.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In the meantime Bobbie Lee was still speeding toward town and the garage he just hoped the rest were as civil and Cooter had been but he wasn't holding his breath on that happening.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lori looked to Luke who looked back to her saying "I'm sorry Lori this has got way out of hand I didn't mean for anybody to find out not this way."

Lori shrugged she couldn't care less at the moment feeling too sick to care. She just hoped her Dad didn't come over and start nothin' when he got to town she wasn't in the mood for it. BL stood there giving LB a look that if looks could kill he'd surely drop to the ground about now.

"OH SURE IT'LL ALL BE JUST HUNKY DOREY.....lord what a reunion this is gonna be. One cousin pregnant by another cousin's love of her life. The black sheep of the family's comin too......oh yeah this is gonna be a dandy reunion more like a war zone."

B.B. could see that BL was more than a little ticked like the rest of them and LB was having problems getting her to calm down and if she kept shouting like that the whole county would know what was going on without gossip being spread.

"Now BL yer brother's right it'll all be alright so why doncha just calm down darlin'."

BL huffed folding her arms leaning against the garage door looking out at the town square as she leaned against the garage door frame. As she stood there looking she saw a black with white stripes Dodge Charger coming in she didn't recognize the car it wasn't from around there. She may not have recognized the car but as soon as it pulled up at the garage and the driver got out she did.

"Oh great Bobbie Lee's here"

Bobbie Lee got out and went around to the other side of the car helping the woman out then walked over to where BL stood.

"Howdy BL" he greeted his neice but from the look on her face he could already tell she was less than happy to see him.

"Bobbie Lee" BL acknowledged quietly and politely although it was somewhat forced......

Lori looked to Luke who looked back to her saying, " Oh so I get the blame for everything Candy and Jack did too? Yeah, I see that, I've seen Candy ONCE since I got outta the Marines. Why not just blame me for everything that everyone I've ever known has ever done." Luke was beginning to get 'testy'.

~~~~~~~~~~

Cooter pulled the wrecker in right behind Bobbie Lee. Dixie really dreaded this!

Lori flew mad,"SO HELP ME GOD LUKAS YOU START WITH ME AND ILL REACH THROUGH THEM BARS AND RANG YER NECK!!! I AINT BLAMING YOU FER THE SITUATION IM IN ALL THOUGH IT DOES TAKE TWO!!!!, ALLS I SAID WAS THAT YOU WAS TIED TO IT CAUSE CANDY USED YOU TO GET T' ME!!!!"

Lori flew mad and just screamed every cuss word she could lay in to.

At the garage she had yelled loud enough so that ALL the Davenports could hear her. Bobbie Lee looked around and looked to Cooter who thinks that maybe he doesnt have to kill Luke, Lori just did, Dixie got worried a little but didn't show it. They all raced over to the Jailhouse.

Lori looked down at her feet, hmm she still had her shoes on, she took one of the shoes off and slung it between the bars at Luke almost near hitting him in the head with it!

Lori tapped her baregfoot,"Lordie me Luke, yea you didnt do nothing to me, cept.....nevermind dang ti give me my shoe back!!!!!!!!!!

Luke looked to her and laughed saying.......

~~~~~~~~

Bobbie Lee was the first in the jailhouse he stopped looking to his new bride and to his kids and the other davenports listening to them talk down below.

Luke looked to her and laughed saying "Not a chance Lor if I give it back you'll just chunk it at me again."

With those laughing words flung at her Lori reached down took off her other shoe and did indeed chunk it at him. "IF I COULD GET MY HANDS ON YOU I'D DO MORE THAN THROW SHOES!!!" Lori screamed.

BL stopped short almost colliding into BB when Bobbie Lee stopped they all just stood there for a few minutes quiet as mice listening to Lori rant downstairs.

"Boy Howdy I wouldn't wanna be ole Lukas if she manages to get a hand on him." BB commented whistling low it sure sounded like little Lori was on the warpath.

"Well ya'll can all stand here all day if you want to I'm going to get a front row seat for this one."

BL chortled as she bounded toward the stairs this was too good to miss.

Lori turned to look at her family smirking and busting out in laughter, she was the only one here who thinks this wasnt funny at all."Well, hes the one that!!!!..........ewwwwwww you know what nevermind! she humphed and kicked some dirt.

Luke fell over laughing but the laughter stopped whn Lori looked to Bobbie Lee,"Whos she?"

Bobbies lee's wife looked down,"Im yer step....."

Lori turned redder and squeezed her eyes shut with anger and she let it rip.

"MOTHER?! H-ll no you aint!!!! you never will be my mom fer as im concerned, youll never be my father!!!"

Lori put her hands and wrapped them around her stomach as she got sick to her stomach again. Dixie looked to her and............

Dixie looked to her and asked "Lori ya alright?"

They might be at odds right now but she didn't want to see her cousin in physical pain or sick. BL had opened her mouth to say something smart only to have LB's hand clamp over it when Lori spotted Bobby Lee and then his wife.

"So where'd you pick HER up?" Lori spat at her father gritting her teeth through the sharp pain.

Luke sat on his bunk watching it all take place he wanted to ask Lori was she ok but figured he'd be better off if he kept his mouth shut at the moment considering he was outnumbered by Davenports 7 to one that weren't behind bars.

Luke was kinda glad to be behind those bars right now!

Lori glared at Dixie, "Swell, just swell."

Before Bobbie Lee could say anything another set of footsteps could be hard coming down the steps. Sheriff Little came in seeing all these people, "Deputy! What are all these people doing here?"

Enos just looked at him.

Little said, "Alright, everyone OUT! Visiting hours are tomorrow from 1 to 3 ONLY."

Lori yelled at him,"GIVE IT A REST LITTLE!!!!! THERE HERE TO SEE WHAT YM PROBLEM WAS!!!"

Lori gave him that "i had to tell them the truth" look and glared at him. Little who in his life had never been afraid of anyone was alittle intimedated by Lori letting the family stay for a littl while. Luke's mouth dropped in amazement. everyone looked to Lori who was spitting fire. "WELL?? DAD??"

Bobbie Lee looked down,"i know I never treated you right when you was little, and Lori id like to make it up to ya, I just didnt think I could handle having three kids instead of these two."

Lori Looked down,"Nothing will ever change the way you told me you hated me Bobbie Lee, I was 5 years old!!! for gods sakes!!!!"

Bobbie Lee hung his head as his older brother looked to him and shook his head.

Bobbie Lee opened his mouth again,"Lori i really am sorry, I was drunk and all you would do when you was 5 was get into trouble and you caused em to get mad, I never did hate you, but you hated me though."

Lori looked down and then back to Bobbie Lee.....

Lori looked down the back to Bobbie Lee then the other two 'kids' "And they didn't?" she spat vehmently.

LB had removed his hand by now from BL's mouth and she mumbled

"How's now any different from when she was 5 where getting into trouble is concerned?"

BB looked at BL in shock he couldn't believe she was being more spiteful than usual where Lori was concerned. Luther glared at BL and hissed in her ear having been standing close enough to hear her muttering.

"That'll be enough outta you young lady."

BL bit her lip and.......