DukesFest 2007 Ree-ports!

Howdy! I don't know how much I'll help ya, but I'll try. Yes, Mr. Jones and Mrs. Alma have indeed past the Dukesfest torch on to John and his wife. In fact, they are not sure if they are going to be able to make appearances, but Mr. Jones said that he will try his darndest. As far as Dukesfest 2008 goes, there was some talk of them moving it out of Nashville but I don't know where or if they'll do that. Nashville is such a convenient place and I don't know where they are going to find a place that can accomodate all of the fans like the Fairgrounds. My hunch is that they might stay in Nashville because there has been such a great turn out the two years that they have had it there. I know that I have gone the past two years it was there. Mr. Jones will probably put something up about the dates and location on cootersplace.com when it gets closer to Dukesfest 2008. But definitely go when you get a chance because it is so much fun:D . It's all worth it to see the gang back together again, not to mention seeing John Schneider;) !

thanks sooo much, see thats what im wondering myself is if there gonna keep it in nashville because that seems like a close place for everyone to go to and on account of the fans as well, yea i was wanting to go this yr by the time i had thought ito through to go it was already over lol i hope they do keep it in nashville if so id better start saving my money lol i do hope they have it next year though. ever since ive been 5 yrs old john and tom have been my heroes and i have always dreamed of meetin them they seem like sweethearts from what everyones been sayin.

Yeah, they should have it next year. I mean the way everyone was talkin' they are gonna have it. The main issue is where, but like I said, Nashville is a might convenient place to have it. Anyhow, you should definitely save your money because if you are anything like me, you are gonna want to buy everything in sight. I mean I must have spent around anywhere between 80 and 100 dollars this past year, but it was definitely worth every penny. Maybe I'll see you next year.

The past two years that I have been Dukesfest has always been held on the first weekend of June. The first year it was on the 3rd and 4th and the second year it was on the 2nd and 3rd; thus, both times were on the first weekend of June. I do not know about the other years because, like I have said before, I have only gone the past two years.

ok well i emailed ben before i got on here and he replied back to me saying that as soon as they were finished closing down dukesfest 2007 that they were gona start planning for dukesfest2008 and they would post more on the site to keep us updated he said to go to cootersplace and keep check. he said it would be held on the first weekend in june, but our question is, is it still goin to be held in nashville he never told me so keep check on the site

ya'll take care now!!

I figure that they are gonna keep it there, like I've said already. It just makes so much more sense. Anyway, at least we do know that they are gonna keep it at the same time of year and that we can keep checkin' cootersplace.com for more information. That was one of my concerns because I wouldn't know where else to go for information about it. I bet ya anything that new information about the location will be put up on the website at the beginning of the new year :) .

• 2 weeks later...

Hey!

All you peoples that went to Dukesfest and got pictures of Catherine: Can I save them and put them on my fan page? www.myspace.com/catherinebachsfanatics We're still looking for Dukesfest pics, just say your first name and we'll add your pics and your name to them :)

Did anybody get any pictures of Catherine's daughters???? (I'm a sucker for those! lol)

I just want to say that I had attended my fourth Dukefest this year and had a blast - as I have every year. Though this one was a little more special than the years in the past. (They all were special) Not only did I get to hang out with an online friend, but after five hours of standing in line I finally got to meet the one and only Bo Duke - John Schneider himself. What a great guy! Not only that, but had also got an autographed picture of Catherine Bach and got to have a ride in The General! The stunts were great and it was amazing to see all those Duke fans out there! (Glad to know I'm not the only one out there ;) LOL) I also got to visit Cooter's Garage in Nashville. I have visted his one in Gatlinburg, TNN the first Dukefest I had attended (Then it was at Bristol). Was glad to see his new one.

Sorry the report is soooo late. It is hard for me to believe that it was a month ago already. (But hey, better late than never, huh?) Now am really hoping to get to go next year . . .

Keep it between the ditches

Garrett Duke

Well, I went to my very first Dukesfest this year and it was awesome. It must have been beginner's luck, but I was able to talk to John twice, and that does not count seeing him at Dukesfest. He is so sweet... sweeter than I imagined he would be. I also got to meet his mom and talked to her for about 10 minutes...he definately got his sense of humor and his sweet personality from her...Shirley is awesome! Elly, John's wife was teasing me horribly, but I have to admit she is very sweet and though I hate to admit it, she and John make a good couple.

Ben Jones honked and waved at me and my friend as he drove by us which was really cool for us, and later I just happened to be in the right place at the right time and got to meet Ben and shake his hand.

Sonny Schroyer is definately one of the sweetest people I have ever met... so genuine... I strongly recommend meeting him if you have not done so...he's awesome!

I was able to go to Opry and Palace too and got some great pictures as well as getting to shake Catherine Bach's hand which was nice. Afterwards I got to meet Tommy Jennings too which was nice and as I went to shake his hand he just said "come here sweetheart" and gave me a big hug and kissed my cheek...such a nice guy.

Was able to meet the stunt team and ironically it turned out that one of the sponsors there, who donated the Charger part for the auction is actually from my home town so it was cool talking to them, asking them to be neighborly and loan their charger or at the very least let us carpool with them next year. Haha.

I did get to ride in the General Lee too which was awesome and was offered a ride by a guy in a Golden Eagle Jeep one night...but that is another story!!!!

• 1 month later...
Well, I went to my very first Dukesfest this year and it was awesome. It must have been beginner's luck, but I was able to talk to John twice, and that does not count seeing him at Dukesfest. He is so sweet... sweeter than I imagined he would be. I also got to meet his mom and talked to her for about 10 minutes...he definately got his sense of humor and his sweet personality from her...Shirley is awesome! Elly, John's wife was teasing me horribly, but I have to admit she is very sweet and though I hate to admit it, she and John make a good couple.

What did she tease you about????

Hey!

All you peoples that went to Dukesfest and got pictures of Catherine: Can I save them and put them on my fan page? www.myspace.com/catherinebachsfanatics We're still looking for Dukesfest pics, just say your first name and we'll add your pics and your name to them :)

Did anybody get any pictures of Catherine's daughters???? (I'm a sucker for those! lol)

For me, it's no problem at all.... I will upload a couple of Daisy pictures, or can i sent them to you ?

Greetzzz from holland

Gino

Elly was harrassing me about my inability to take a decent picture. It was John's fault really...if he hadn't been so darn sweet to me and if he didn't have such a great smile or if he would have given me a smack on the head instead of the squeeze I got I wouldna been so shaken up and been able to take a decent picture. Elly said she didn't trust me....hehe.... She is soooo sweet though...the sweetest person you ever met besides John... very friendly and down to earth and quick to give hugs like John is. So like I said...though I hate to admit it...they make a great couple.