What kind of music do y'all listen to??

Capt_Redneck

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm very much open to a lot of music, except rap-crap. (No offense to anyone, sorry!! )

Here's a list of some of my diversity:

1.) Lynyrd Skynrd

2.) Deep Purple

3.) Cannible Corpse

4.) Carcass

5.) Ozzy Osbourne/Black Sabbath

6.) Jaco Pastorius

7.) Howard And The White Boys (No, it's not rap. They're a modern-day blues band, FYI.)

Lately, I've been listining to my local classic rock radio station, 97 Rock.

http://www.97rock.com

I also like some of today's music like The Headstones, and the like. Basically, if it sounds good, I'll listen to it.

I like a lot of different types of music (don't care for rap or the screamer rock tho').

Basically I like music going from 30's/40's swing and big band music, 50's and 60's rock 'n roll, 60's and 70's classic rock, 70's disco, 80's rock/pop/dance music, some 90's pop/rock/dance music and even an occasional new song that comes out now n' then. A lot of the modern music on the radio now doesn't appeal to me too much, but like I said an occassional song will strike me.

I like a lot of classic country music and several modern country acts as well.

I'll even listen to classical! ROFL.

I also like blues (Clapton, Stevie Ray, ect).

This is turning out to be quite the list. Might be easier to list what I don't like to listen to. ROFL

Great , I hoped this was going to be a good topic.....

Lynyrd Skynyrd

Georgia Satellites

Kentucky Headhunters

Travis Tritt

Waylon Jennings

Dolly Parton

Loretta Lynn

Montgomery Gentry

Hank Williams Jr

Kid Rock

The Cult

Ozzy/ Black Sabbath

Zakk Wylde

Black Crowes

John Mellencamp

ZZ Top

and of course

ELVIS

These are just some of what I listen to . It all depends what I am in the mood for...There are a lot more for me, I keep adding to this later on.

Darrell

I like just about everything,even so called 'rap crap' LOL.my favs are

Toby Keith

Tracy Byrd

Skynyrd

AC/DC

Metallica

Travis Tritt

Hank sr

Hank jr

Kid Rock

Uncle Kracker

Waylon,Willie,Kristofferson,Johnny Cash

Snoop Dogg

Eminem

Shania

Britney Spears(oops,did I just type that...hahaha) :wink:

Did anyone ever hear of Hayseed Dixie? They do bluegrass covers of bands like AC/DC,Kiss etc....COOL

Anyway....you get the idea!! :lol:

I remember KISS when I was a little girl back in the late 70's.

They were the 1st heavy metal group that me and my sister listen to out of my mother's earshot! lol

I think that I remember seeing them on MTV in the early 80's right after that cable station came out, and I also barely remember seeing them on American Bandstand around that time too.

Vicki

I was a little kid back in the 70's when KISS was on top. The 80's weren't bad for them, but they did it without the make up and a couple of different members. Then when they got al 4 origianl members back together in 96 it was a dream come true for me. Someone who was too young to see the band the original band in make up , the 70's lived again. Now they still are using the make-up, but 2 original members left again, Ace Frehley - guitar and Peter Criss - drums. I can't see that and don't like it, but I guess it makes money for Gene and Paul....

Darrell

Does anybody know how many albums John Schneider put out? I have the one"Tryin' to outrun the wind".Was that the only one or were there more?Also didn't Tom Wopat release an album?

I'm suprised it took Ace Frehley and Peter Criss as long as it did to remember why they left in the first place.

I forgot one too..with one of the greatest guitar players of all time,Van Halen,who I also wish would go back to the original lineup.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

We're 50's and 60's oldies fans, as well as Contemporary Christian music. Our favorite band comes from our other favorite t.v. series The Monkees. Other favorites:

Oldies:

Beatles (early)

Simon and Garfunkel (sp?)

Beach Boys

Motown

Mama's and Papa's

Christian:

Michael W. Smith

Steven Curtis Chapman

The Newsboys

Point of Grace

Oh wow! I was raised on country... Patsy Cline, Loretta Lynn, Waylon, Merle, Johnny... all the greats, as well as Southern Rock, like Skynyrd and the Marshall Tucker Band... I like alot of oldies bands and stuff, but I listen to pert near everything! I even like Green Day... it depends on the day!

I also grew up on the classic country greats! You should see my classic country collection that I share with my parents, I have CD's of: Kitty Wells, Loretta Lynn, Tammy Wynette, Dolly Parton, Donna Fargo, Janie Fricke, Crystal Gayle, Dottie West, Lynn Anderson, Patsy Cline, Tanya Tucker, Barbara Mandrell, Sylvia, Emmylou Harris, Linda Ronstadt, Olivia Newton-John, Kenny Rogers, Conway Twitty, George Jones, Merle Haggard, Charley Pride, Glen Campbell, Johnny Cash, Waylon Jennings, Willie Nelson, Kris Kristofferson, Alabama, Oak Ridge Boys, Roger Miller, Don Williams, Johnny Paycheck, John Denver, John Conlee, Ronnie Milsap, Gatlin Brothers, Marty Robbins, Jim Reeves.