Taking Back the Town

Garrett Duke

Hearing the commotion downstairs, Vicki's blue-gray eyes perked up a little bit as she stealthily worked on the old jail cell door lock with her small lock pick.

Turning the lock pick to the right a little, she finally heared a fimiliar sound, like something clicked, but she wasn't for certain.

She knew that something was about to give downstairs but wasn't sure what it was. She could bearly hear her friends talking downstairs about plotting ways of escaping, and Vicki knew that she too had to escape and get help. She knew that she had to do it soon.

Sitting back on the old cot, Vicki giggled to herself thinking back to how Rosco had accidentally locked Boss in here. Cooter had to use a blow torch on the lock to get Boss out.

She also remember back to how many times that Bo and Luke had been in here one time or another for no apparent reason, but had escaped from time to time.

This time it was up to her to do the same. She had to sneak out of the cell at just the right time, or just wait until the time is right.

Noticing some movement outside the booking room windows, Vicki perked up some. Hopefully, Sheriff Little, Bo, Luke, Daisy, or Cooter had picked up her urgent message...

CUE: Anyone!

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I'm tellin' y'all, there's some weird things goin' on around here," Cooter Davenport spoke quietly to cousins Bo and Luke Duke. The three of them were cautiously stepping toward one of the windows of the courthouse, to check on what was going on. Cooter had told them of the shooting, and seeing Razor, badly wounded, slip back into the courthouse. What bothered the town mechanic was that he saw no one else go in, or come out of the building.

"Not Rosco, not Boss, not Enos, Cletus, MaryAnne...not nobody. And they all gotta be around. Maverick's still parked over in the back lot. All the patrol cars are here. Boss's Caddy is right over there...."

Bo and Luke looked at each other, something prickling the nerves of both Dukes.

"Heard a lot of yelling a few minutes ago too," Cooter continued. "Sounded like Chet in there, ya know how he gets sometimes...."

More prickling of the nerves for Bo and Luke. Yeah, they knew....

Quietly, the three paused at one of the windows and chanced a look inside the booking room....

Meanwhile, in the downstairs cells MaryAnne had finished fixing what she could of makeshift bandages for Razor's badly wounded leg. She then looked up at Ethan standing there. The young man seemed to be at a crossroads.

MaryAnne stood up and approached him. "What do you say Ethan? I make it no secret, I plan on getting myself, everyone and Razor out of here. Alive. You can either join with me, or you can stop me, by running back up stairs and tipping off Chet and Garrett." She paused, studying him. "The choice is yours..."

(cue Ethan!)

Ethan stares at the deputy for a long moment as an explosion of thoughts rush roughly through him, quickly followed by raw emotions. Frustration and anger silently creeps within him as he forces himself to look away from the deputy as her words seem to gnaw within him. 'What do you say?' Hell what was he suppose to say. The option seems so clear to him of what he should do. If he were to follow through with Chet, that'd make him as bad as his brothers. He had already made it clear he'd never become what his brothers have already became: violent and hardened criminals.

Silently he glances around his shoulder as Garrett sends out a cry of pain mixed with anger and his worry begins to escalate within him of his new friend. Of all he knows of Garrett is the better bet to win, the stronger of the two and a better fighter; but Chet has a gun...

Turning back towards the deputy his mind returns to the decision everyone is searching him to make and he is forced to think of what the future may hold for him for each choice he would make. "I...I guess," he stutters before going quiet to take in the people that occupy the jail cells, the people he had helped lock away. Certianly didn't do anything to stop Chet.

Regret and guilt gnaw within him at the thought of that and his mind turns back to Garrett at what he is going to do. Ethan sighs silently forcing himself to think that Garrett will make his own choice one way or the other, with or without him.

"I ain't gonna go up and tip Chet...he deserves all he will get," Ethan finally speaks up as he throws his hands deeply within his tight jeans' pockets, "nor will I tip Garrett. But I will say one thing for Garrett," he sighs fighting the strength to go on, "he never intended for this to happen or to go this far...neither did I.

"My choice is...I'm here as long as y'all want me here," he shrugs as he glares down at the tiger for a quick moment before looking at his feet and back up at Mary Ann to await for a reaction.

(Cue MA or anyone)

• 2 weeks later...

*this is a joint post*

"Arrrh!" Chet groans as he’s back handed by his cousin. His mind hazed with deep furry Chet quickly snakes his hand up to his cousins throat and clamps down on his jugular as hard as possible. "You stupid jackass.... you don’t know anything! It wasn’t me who blew it! It was you!"

Garrett screams out in intense pain as Chet tightly grabs onto his neck. "Me? How the hell you get me to blame for blowing the plan? Hell I ain't the one to invite outsiders, outsider who is apart of a law system at that, into our private plan...without telling ANYONE!" Garrett grunts as he fights to struggle against his cousin's hold, fighting for air, "What the hell does any of that has to do with Ethan? It is you who is attacking the men on YOUR side! Not me!"

"He got in the way! I warned him! Its not my fault!" Chet squeezed his hand around his cousins throat harder and harder.

Garrett chokes back his words that bubble angrily within him as he struggles to breath while fighting against Chet's powerful hold on him. Forcefully, Garrett sends a powerful knee up into Chet's groin to force his cousin to let up a little. "Nothin' your fault is it, Chet?" Garrett forces out while his arms go upon Chet's muscular arms, fighting to break lose of his grip, "People just seem to get in your way a lot, huh? Then you beat the crap out of 'em and you feel all big and strong. Right?

"Well let me tell you something...you're nothing! I came in here today having great respect of you. I mean we're family...I trusted you; Ethan trusted you. And look what you did? He's probably lying down there dead thanks to you!" Garrett spits angrily in Chet's face as he continues to claw and punch at Chet in attempt to get lose.

With a huge grunt Chet's abdomen muscles tightened and he had no choice but to release his hold on his cousin, A right hook from Garrett splits Chet's lip, with a huge amount of effort Chet forces his cousin away and also rolls away. Getting as far away from his older cousin as possible, Chet curls up on his side both hands pressed between his legs.

Anger continues to flow rapidly through Garrett's tense and throbbing body as he sends harsh kicks into his cousin's still body; not caring where his kicks land. "Damn you!" he abruptly stops to spit upon Chet's still body while he silently takes in the damage he had done to his cousin. Seeing the blood streak his cousin's body, guilt swarms through him as his mind rushes roughly within him.

A small worm of relief begins to wiggle within him as Chet cautiously opens his eyes, in search of relief of the kicking and of the beating. "Good," Garrett spats down at him before he slowly bends down to roughly help his cousin onto his feet while tightly holding his cousin's hands tightly around his back. "Listen up Chet...you are now to follow my lead to where I lead you; nice and easy. If you dare to fight against me, again, you will be following Ethan's route down the stairs, but with a harder landing. Understand?"

Garrett roughly tugs at Chet's hands behind his back before Chet slowly nods in understanding. "Thata boy," a small smile flashes upon Garrett's face as he forces Chet to look at him, "I thought you'd understand. Now don't you think it'd be easier if we'd all just got along to begin with? Instead of all of this unneccessary fighting?"

Garrett awaits for a short moment for an unexpected answer before tugging Chet's hands forward to slowly begin to walk towards the stairs. "Nice and easy now," Garrett silently reminds Chet as his mind becomes fixated on Ethan, wondering what is taking him so long to return upstairs. Fear and worry dances within him as his imaginations flares within him of all the reasons of why Ethan hasn't returned upstairs. "Better watch your step," Garrett breaks the silence between them as they reach the stairs and Garrett tightens his grip upon Chet's hands behind his back.

Garrett silently listens to all the noise that seems to explode within the basement as he ushers his cousin downstairs. His mind continues to rush wildly within him, replaying the events that has led them to here before wondering into what all the future may hold for them now; now that they crossed that line.

After a long silent moment, Garrett ushers Chet downstairs where the two jail cells line the left wall and are full of their 'prisoners'. For a long moment he eyes Razor with saddened and guilty eyes, wondering why Chet hadn't stepped up to take care of his injured friend. Kneeling down over the wounded tiger was the deputy while Ethan stands freely behind her. Ethan had been saying something to the deputy before Garrett began to force Chet into the crowded room. Ethan abruptly goes silent as he locks deadly eye contact with Garrett, sending a river of emotions raging through him.

"Ethan," Garrett silently says as he continues to hold eye contact with Ethan, silently taking everything in. Disbelief and anger flare within him as he watches Ethan standing frozen in place across the room as it becomes obvious of Ethan's decision. He's traded places. "Damn you...all," Garrett harshly says as anger spreads through his throbbing body as he struggles to figure out where his anger is directed at, at Ethan or at his own self for his own decisions.

"Move," Garrett abruptly turns to Chet and forces him along the cells before he comes to the nearest jail cell. "Sit," Garrett hisses between clenched teeth and as Chet begins to refuse to sit, Garrett abruptly kick Chet's feet out from behind him. "It shouldn't have been like this, Chet. This all - " Garrett motions around the room with the back of his hand before yanking a silver metal hand cuffs from his back pocket and forcefully shoves Chet's trembling hands through two seperate open slots between the metal bars, "is a horrible nightmare. No one would get hurt you said..." he forcefully and tightly handcuffs Chet's hands together on the inside of the bars, "Well it's all over now...I don't care what happens now."

Garrett quickly steps away from his cousin before eyeing everyone behind the jail cells, his eyes wondering from person to person before they come to Ethan. Feeling abandoned and mistreated, Garrett abruptly turns around without saying anything and quickly rushes up the stairs; his mind racing with answers of what to do next. "I've got to do it...now," Garrett speaks to himself as he rushes to Rosco's abandoned desk to sit down in the old chair. Picking up the phone, Garrett slowly punches in a phone number he had remembered from several years back.

"Lieutenant Mills," a harsh voice comes on the other end of the line after a couple of rings.

"Hey Frank," Garrett sighs slightly in relief as his mind continues to race within him, "remember me?"

"Garrett Duke," Garrett could hear the FBI agent smiling on the other end of the line, " how could I not remember you. How've you been?"

"To tell -" Garrett begins to say as foot steps quickly begin to echo outside of the closed door of the sheriff's station. But how? The doors locked? "the truth, I've been better. That's why I'm callin' right -"

Garrett abruptly goes quiet as fear and surprise rushes through him as the front door is harshly thrown open. His fear quickly accelerates within him as three large muscular men walk through the door, glaring hatefully down at him.

"Garrett?" Frank questions on the other end, "You there?"

"Uh yeah," Garrett responds as he keeps eye contact with the men that continue to walk towards him, "I'm in trouble at the moment. I got to go."

"No Garrett -" Frank began to say before the taller of the three abruptly yanks the phone out of Garrett's hand and slams it shut.

"Well well well; you must be Garrett then," a large smile spreads across the large man's hairy face as his two friends walk around the desk and Garrett lets out a gasp of fear as the painfully grab him by the arms to yank him up and begin to drag him around the desk, "we got a surprise for you. Hey Rod."

"Yeah yeah, we're comin'," a harsh voice snaps around the corner before he walks around the corner and into the sheriff's station.

"No!" Garrett abruptly yells as anger rushes roughly through him as the man they had called Rod harshly forces Kristy into the room. Fear gnaws through Garrett for his sister as Rod tightens his hold around her arms and chest. Fear and anger radiate in Kristy's normally soft, kind green- blue eyes. "Let her go!" Garrett yells as he begins to struggle against the men's tight grip only for them to begin to beat him harshly; kicking and punching him as hard as they can.

"Enough already!" the man at the desk yells from behind them to bring silence into the room, "Rod, why don't you lock her up in that there seperate cell there. You two...tie him up to the chair. Perhaps he'll do us some good."

"Let her go!" Garrett yells once again as he continues to struggle, fighting to block their harsh kicks and punches with little use. "You want me...you got me...let her go!"

"Fat chance plow boy!" the leader grins at Garrett as he continues to struggle against the two muscular men as they forcefully shove him onto Rosco's metal desk chair. "You will soon learn to cooperate with us, boy," the leader slowly moves over to the chair where he tightly begins to Garrett's legs to the legs of the chair with tight rope to slowly move up his body with the large rope. Feeling the pain from the men's harsh punches and kicks he had received, Garrett slowly stops struggling against the men's tight and painful hold on him. Watching the leader move up with the rope, tightly tieing him to the uncomfortable chair. A thin smile comes upon Garrett's handsome face as the leader's hands reach his chest, tightly tying his chest to the back of the chair as an idea flickers within him.

Keeping a watchful eye upon the muscular hands of the leader, Garrett abruptly bends over as much as possible and harshly bites tightly onto the back of his hand. The leader yells out in pain and in anger as Garrett bites onto him, continueing to tightly hold onto his skin with his teeth. "Say good night plow boy!" the leader hisses through clenched teeth as he pulls out a large metal hand gun with his left and free hand from behind his coat. Garrett lets go of the man's hand as the man harshly pounds the butt of the gun onto Garrett's right temple.

Garrett yells out in pain as he slowly slips into thick blackness, into the depths of unconcsiousness.

(Cue anyone)

While the gang had Kristy & Garrett held up in an office, Vicki knew that she had to make her move now.

She forced herself to wait another second or two, adrenaline roaring through her body, dulling her anger. Making her forget everything but the possibility of escape, and getting help.

Opening the cell door a little, hopefully without making a lot of racket, Vicki knew that she had to be as quiet as church mice in order to get out.

Hearing the loud commotion going on inside the office, knowing that Kristy and Garrett was in danger, Vicki knew that she couldn't afford to wait any longer. She had to get out...Now...while the coast was clear.

She was finally free. For the first time since she was a wild teenager, she had actually escaped out of that old holding cell.

As she walked towards the stairs, a strong hand caught her shoulder.

"Vicki! Are you okay?" asked Bo, squeezing her arm. "Where is everyone?"

Hearing the shouts going on in an office, Luke was surprised as he recognized two of them. "What is going on in there, Vicki?"

"I'll tell y'all, but it is a long story. But to make a long story short, 2 of your cousins are being held hostage in that office with a ruthless gang that Garrett ran around with," said Vicki worriedly then added, "Follow me. We need to get everyone out of the jail cells. We're going to need help!"

Walking quickly but quietly, Vicki opened the door that went downstairs. She put her hand on the railing and began to descend downward towards the jail cell. Bo, Luke, and Cooter followed Vicki downstairs.

About a minute later, some familiar faces stared in shock at Vicki, who was dangling some keys in her hands.

"Are y'all ready to get out of there?" she asked giggling slightly as she, Bo, Luke, and Cooter walked into the crowded room...

**CUE: Anyone!** :wink:

“Yeah, that’d be nice.†Enos said. He wasn’t quite sure what to make of the red haired woman’s giggle. He waved toward the boys and Cooter.

Boss nodded in agreement with the brown haired Strate law man. Why Garrett hadn’t let them all out when he cuffed Chet to the cell, puzzled the portly white suited commissioner but he wasn’t exactly in a position to be asking much of anything.

• 2 weeks later...

Meanwhile upstairs...

Fear numbly courses Kristy's trembling body as she silently forces herself to slowly sit back upon the old torn cot. Her mind rushes from throught to thought of the past hour, of all that had happened, before rushing to thoughts of the future.

"This is perfect," the broad shoulder man grins as he takes a seat behind the old wooden desk as he looks at the two beefy men that stand planted at the closed door. Another large muscular man stands tenselly at the door of the jail cell that Kristy remains locked in, his broad back facing Kristy's cell. "Not only we have this hick kid here and his sister locked up, we have the whole law locked up with help of Garrett." He goes silent as he throws his feet upon the desk in a relaxed gesture, "Dane."

"Yes boss," the muscular blond man at the door looks up at the dark haired man behind the desk.

"I want you to go down and make sure the crowd downstairs is under control. Don't let anyone pass...and call in if you need anything," the head man orders as he tosses the blond haired man a walkee talkee.

"Yes boss," Dane smirks as he catches the walkee talkee before turning and walking down the narrow stairs.

Silence fills the sheriff's station as the man they had called boss silently lights a fresh cigarette while leaning back in the chair, glaring hatefully at Garrett's silently still body.

Listening to the silence growing within the room, Kristy forces herself to ignore the hateful man behind the desk to look at her younger half brother. Garrett lies slumped in the wooden chair, tightly tied to the chair, his head bent forward to his chest. Blood quickly rushes down the right side of his face from a thick and horrid gash upon his forehead that was created by the blow of the gun.

'What'd you do, Garrett?' Kristy silently wonders as she holds her pretty face within her stapled fingers, glaring through watered eyes at her brother. Her mind returns to her children that she had been playing with when Rod had broken in and grabbed her from behind. Dragging her to the unmarked large van, the last sounds she had heard was her children crying and yelling in fear.

A small moan escapes from Garrett to yank her out of the painful thought of her children and glares at him as he slowly moves his head before going still once again. Anger rises within her as horrid thoughts rush through her head of her brother's involvement may be in the law being missing...of what all he may have done to the men holding them captive. He has done stupid things in the past that had brought him into trouble with the law and with dangerous people. It wouldn't be surprise her much if he was somewhat responsible for the law missing the past day or so or had done something to bring the trouble that had brought her to the jail cell.

"Mornin' Garrett," the leader smiles standing up to walk around the desk to blow a cloud of smoke into Garrett's still face. "Wake up!" he yells, anger dripping through the leader's lips as he yanks upon Garrett's dirty blond hair, angrily yanking his head back. A yell of pain escapes from Garrett as Garrett's cold grey eyes open to stare at his captive, fighting to focus on his surrounding. "Perhaps now you will cooperate with us."

"How doubtful!" Garrett yells back as the leader shoves his head forward. A short moment of silence floats through the stuffy room before he glances around, making eye contact with Kristy before Kristy quickly looks away. "Let her go! She -"

"We went through this already," the leader rolls his eyes as he looks at his two guards, "it is getting tiring."

"What the hell do you want?!" Garrett demands, glaring coldly at his captive.

The leader begins to laugh sarcasm for a short moment before glaring at Kristy and back at Garrett. "You got my brother arrested a few years ago...remember him?" he leans forward as he stubs his cigarette out into the desk before throwing it away into the tin garbage can, "The drugs, guns, and stolen electronics?"

"He's the one that stole them, had the guns, and the drugs," Garrett snorts out to force a small trail of blood dripping down the left corne of his mouth, "I had only a minor part in the whole deal...I only did the drugs. I dealt and won. Jay woulda done the same as would you."

"Maybe so," the leader nods in agreement, "but now he's done for another twenty years in jail...you know what that did to mom? It killed her. She couldn't handlel the pressure, the stress of her baby in jail. It is you that is to blame!"

Garrett angrily spits blood into the man's muscular, handsome face and he angrily back hands Garrett who winces in pain. "What's done is done. What you want from me?" he demands once again, staring coldly into the leader's dark eyes. Fighting to hide the pain and fear that stirs within him.

The leader glares into the locked cell at Kristy who now hugs tightly onto her thin knees, hiding her face. Looking back at Garrett the leader breaks the silence, "You cheated my baby brother, you stabbed him in the back the second you had a chance. To do what? To save your own pitiful self," he pauses for a long moment, "you wouldn't be who you are if it wasn't for him...hell he saved your sorry self, he tol' me. What you do to pay him back? You rat him out."

"As I said, Jay woulda done the same and you know it," Garrett speaks boldly, "And once again, Len, what the hell you want of me?"

"Bold and strong. I like that...and I like you. Jay was weak, that's why he got busted...you're not like him. You got out when you could...he shoulda done the same. Greed. That's what got him...shameful ol' greed. Not you," the leader smiles at him, "I like your attitude, your style, and if you know what is best for you...for your pretty sister in there; you'll do what I want you to do."

"What's that Lenny?" Garrett forces a deep breathe as old memories of running around with his younger brother, of getting arrested and of court.

"Easy. I got a big package that needs to be delivered without any interruption to a big greedy and violent man. He likes his guns and doesn't hesitates to use them," a large grin spreads across his face, "you deliver and everyone is set free on their merry way. You refuse and you'll be witnessing your sister's death first hand...leaving her adorable children motherless."

"You wouldn't!" Garrett chalenges him, glaring at Kristy and back at Lenny.

"Oh sure I would," his smile spreads across his face as he takes out a large metal gun and aims it at Kristy, "of course I'd administer a little pain and torture before I pull the trigger. It'd be a shame to see such a pretty little thing as her to die for your sins, Garrett. You deliver and return with his money...for me, and we release her.

"What's it gonna be Garrett?"

(cue anyone)

• 4 weeks later...

Harsh emotions ripple across Ethan's tense body as he stares blankly at the wounded tiger lying on the cold floor while thoughts rush wildly within him. Thoughts of the past day or two from planning to landing downstairs of the jail cell entrapped within the cobweb of plans he had helped engage. Abruptly the thoughts come to an halt as images of the past hour or two rush by, scenes of Garrett escorting Chet down the stairs to find Ethan had crossed the line. Garrett's hardened, hateful eyes remain clearfully fixated within him - the eyes that had turned to him when he saw him on the other side. Eyes full of pain, fear, and hurt feelings; eyes of abandonment. First Chet and then him.

Abruptly, light foot steps landing upon the cement stairs brings Ethan out of his thick and heavy thoughts and he hesitantly looks up to find Bo, Luke, Cooter, and Vicki coming down the stairs. Fear and shock enter their wild eyes as they glance around the crowded jail floor, taking everyone in. "We'll have y'all out in no time," Cooter breaks in as Vicki slowly moves from door to door, unlocking the doors with the keys.

"What's going on?" Luke breaks away with Bo to Ethan, their eyes fall upon Chet to Ethan.

"It wasn't suppose to be like this. No one was to get hurt, just make a point," Ethan stutters as he eyes the angry people leaving the cell to where Cooter holds up the stair way, "but Chet turned on us with unknown plans of his own. Things went wrong and people got hurt...well Razor got hurt and Chet and Garrett fought a few times...guess Garrett won at the end." Ethan eyes Chet tied to the bars.

"Point of what?" Luke squints at him in a struggle to understand.

Ethan shrugs. "A point to prove ourselves...to make ourselves known. Perhaps we'd one day get recognized as being someone," Ethan glances down at the floor, "Obviously now, we went at it the wrong way and I think Garrett saw that too. But once we were in, we were in. I backed out when I got thrown down here by Chet and talked to by the deputy...I guess whatever punishment she hands me, is what I get. I am just worried about Garrett...he hasn't been heard from or seen since he stormed up the stairs. I think he was upset by me joining the other side."

"Well Vicki said something of being held hostage by a former gang," Bo inserts as worry fills his baby blue eyes for his twin brother, "Maybe Kristy."

"Damn it," Ethan cusses under his breath, "it wasn't suppose to be like this. Garrett didn't want it to be like this and now...well, he'll be the one to get the odd blow of it all. "

"Jesse is gonna have fits when he hears all of this," Luke shakes his head in disappointment, "not of you, but of Garrett. Taking the law hostage? What the hell where you thinkin'? How could that change anything?"

"I...I don't know," Ethan shrugs, "obviously nothing other than turning ourselves against one another. Chet and Garrett spent their time fighting...if only Chet hadn't -"

"I don't care!" Luke raises his voice, "Y'all are family and y'all know better than this! If ya'll felt that -"

"Listen up everyone," Cooter whistles and everyone looks at him on the stairs, "I understand y'all are anxious to get out of here and see something done about what happened. I don't know what all this is about, but we have been made aware that Garrett and Kristy is now being held captive upstairs by an old gang."

"No," Ethan whispers under his breath as his guilt turns into fear of what Cooter had just announced as the world seems to spin around him.

"I understand that y'all may not be too understanding of the situation or too anxious to help him," Cooter continues, "after all that he did to you. But it still don't make it right...he needs help and it is up to us to help him. I don't know what to do...if anyone has any plans, it'd be great to hear them."

(Cue MA...or anyone)

• 4 weeks later...

"What's it gonna be?" the leader smiles evilly across the scarred desk at Garrett who remains tightly tied to the wooden desk. Anger and fear continue to dance within Garrett as he stares boldly back at the muscular leader while silently recalling where their paths had met; with the arrest of Jay. "Answer me!" the leader abruptly arises the send his chair falling back upon the old wooden floor behind him, while he leans across the desk to back hand Garrett across the face with the butt of his gun, "If you want to act stupid and just stare at me, maybe I'll finish her here and now. I'll enjoy taking care of such a pretty -"

"Leave her out of this," Garrett spits at him only to get back handed across the face once again, "she had nothing to do with this. You want me, you got me."

"Nothing will happen to her, if you do what I want," the leader smirks as he slowly takes a seat back into the chair that one of his guards had placed back up. The leader takes a second of silence to glare at Kristy who sits silently in the cage, silently watching the comotion out of the cell. Turning back to Garrett he continues, "You know it is all very convenient of you to have the law held up in the cells as you do...I appreciate it. It makes my job all the easier."

"Good for you," Garrett glares away from the leader.

"So what's it gonna be?" the leader returns to the question, "I'd hate to have to hurt your sister, but if that's what I have to do, then I'll do it. You don't make your choice within the next second -"

"Don't you damn touch her!" Garrett struggles momentarily against the ropes for a short moment and a heavy forcefully hand lands upon his shoulder from a guard. Sitting still, Garrett glares coldly at the leader before responding, "I'll make your damn run for you if you don't touch her."

"Fair enough," the leader shrugs as he motions for the gaurd behind him to untie him. Garrett sighs in relief as he is let free from the chair only for the gaurd to grab him forcefully under his arm to force him up, "Dane there will be going with you and will tell me all that happens. You mess up, you'll be going to your sister's funeral in a few days. Dane will explain it all to you on the way. Have fun boys."

Silence fills the room as Garrett allows the large muscular man to drag him to the door where the gaurd slowly opens it, looks out before shoving Garrett into the open room of the sheriff's office. A soft shuffle of noise arise from the basement to grab Garrett's attention. "Don't think of it," Dane whispers harshly into his ear as he takes Garrett by the back of the neck; guiding him to the door. Garrett nods reluctantly, silently hoping someone or something would interrupt the gang's plans.

(Cue anyone)

Someone, and something, did.

Upon hearing Cooter's information about gang threatening Garrett and Kristy, Brian briefly conferred with the Hazzard law. There was no sense in everyone rushing up the stairs; the gang would pick them off one by one. And the last thing the gang upstairs would tolerate was the sight of any police officers. "You'd be shot on sight," Brian told the law. "But I got an idea."

Quickly, he explained his plan. Without waiting for full approval, Brian turned and walked quietly up the stairs, alone. His black boots made just enough noise to announce his arrival, without being too aggressive.

As he mounted the last step, Brian turned to look directly at Garrett and Dane, his eyes quickly taking in the scene. Sure enough, Kristy was in the holding cell, Garrett looked to be going on a one-way ride. An imposing-looking crime boss was staring back at Brian while the thugs began to go for weapons.

"Reee-lax," Brian drawled. "I'm in on it. I just took the job for some easy cash." He kept walking, unruffled, letting his body language, clothing and attitude show him as a fellow criminal. "Though I still think we shoulda shot the whole @#%&* bunch. What's a few more bodies?"

Brian walked up to Garrett and Dane as close as he thought he could get away with. He addressed the troubled Duke as if they were old associates. "Before you run off with your buddies, Garrett....how about you pony up the dough?"

With these words, Brian tapped a boot several times against the floor, as if impatient. What he was really doing, was counting off the number of thugs who were present, knowing it would carry to the ears of those downstairs....

(cue anybody!)

• 3 weeks later...

Daney made use of the Hazzard law debating how many thumps on the floor there were to sneak around Ethan and up the stairs. Her heart sunk at the sight of Garrett and Kristy in trouble.

Not so much Garrett but Kristy, the nicest and shyest of the family next to Daisy. Incidental cynosure was the last thing needed. Without a shadow of doubt that someone would make sure everything worked out, she continued on the path quietly.

The upstairs discussion covered the door opening and closing. Once outside, a breezy wind hit like spring rain on wildflowers blossoming in a field. The backpack slung over a shoulder, she whistled softly, not expecting to hear anyone following.

Noticing the county commissioner’s driver Alex sitting on the gazebo steps with telephone operator Mabel, an impish smile came to her lips. She choose Boss’s convertible to use the cb mic.

(cue anyone!)

Listening to the impatient tapping of Brian’s foot upon the wooden floor of the sheriff station, confusion washes through Garrett’s numb body. “I don’t know -“ Garrett begins to say while forcing himself to stare boldly at Brian, refusing to allow any emotions to show. Reaching a brief understanding of what Brian’s actions may mean, Garrett fades back into silence as questions streak through him. Did Brian actually believe he was running with Lenny and his gang? Or is it some kind of cover up? But why would Brian want to help him out now? After all he’s done to him and the law? Perhaps for Kristy. “I’ll give you your share of the dough when I get the dough.â€

Garrett continues to watch Brian carefully for a long moment before he glares across the room, taking in the guards before glaring up at Lenny who smiles boldly behind the desk, confident that his men will handle things. Behind him, Kristy sat helplessly upon the old torn cot that is held behind the thick bars of the cell, watching with interest and with hope. Guilt once again settles within him at seeing her locked up and held captive for something he had done a few years ago and at seeing her disapproval that shines in her soft green eyes.

“What is this?!†Lenny yells harshly from behind the desk as he abruptly stands, his dark eyes seem to grow darker with anger as he points at Garrett and then at Brian, “Who is this?â€

Garrett glares up at Lenny while allowing silence to build within the stuffy room before Dane harshly grabs a handful of hair, yanking it back. “Answer him!†Dane yells, yanking his hair back farther.

Anger follows the pain that streaks through his head as Garrett harshly throws an elbow back, hitting solidly into Dane’s muscular chest to force Dane to let go while grasping for air. “Enough!†Lenny quickly snaps at Garrett as Dane slowly stands up, anger flaring in his dark eyes, “I don’t know what’s going on, but I don’t like it. Answer me Garrett or you’re sister will be answering for you!â€

Garrett glances over at Kristy who stares back at him from the torn cot before glaring back at Lenny who makes a show of aiming his gun at Kristy. “Leave her out of it! You want me, you got me “ Garrett snaps as his anger continues to rise within him towards the group of men that is holding them captive and towards himself for placing them in this position. “As for who he is,†Garrett pauses fighting to put it in words, “is someone to not be messed with.â€

-Garrett Duke-

• 4 weeks later...

Just as Brian peeked the steps and entered the booking room, one of the goons darted behind him an ran down the steps to check on the jails hostages. The goon drew his gun a slowed his walk down the stairs, if someone was loose there’d be no chance of them taking him by surprise.

Razor perked his ears still laying on the seller floor of the jail house, his wounded leg throbbed him, but the flood flow had stopped and his energy was slowly seeping back into his body. He could hear someone coming down the steps, it wasn’t Brian he knew by the sound of the shoes on the steps, who ever it was had heavy sneaker or running shoes on.

Groaning and wincing the tiger pushed himself to his feet, he glanced at MaryAnne but said nothing, he was grateful to her for what she’d done for him. He took a couple of steps towards the door where Ethan, Viki, Bo, Luke and Cooter were standing.

Suddenly the goon appeared and struck Ethan who scrambled to get out of the way on the side of the head with the butt end of his gun. Before Ethan hit the ground senseless Razor sprang at his attacker, his leg ached him but he was furious and enraged at these men for what they had done to his friends. His huge jaws snapped at the goons face and his claws dug an clamped tightly to his clothing an flesh.

In seconds, by sheer brute strength Razor bore the goon to the floor. His powerful mouth seeking the flesh of the mans throat. The goon screamed as the tiger collided with him an threw him to the ground, now it was a battle for his life against a blood thirsty animal whos three inch canine teeth were now only inches from his face. The goon wished that he had shot the tiger in the skull earlier that evening when he had the chance.

Face twisted in grimace, his arms shook as he clutched the thick neck of the huge animal, its entire weight bore down on him. The goon knew that his arms couldn’t hold the tigers teeth away from his neck much longer, he swallowed in fear feeling the animals muscles rippled. Razor suddenly shifted his weight forward and it proved to be too much for the treacherous goon, his hands slipped and the tigers jaws claimed there target.

Deep crimson spread onto the floor around the goons head an his body soon went still. The battle was over, an Razor proved to be the victor. He released the dead mans throat an raised his head, his legs an other wounds ached him bad and for a few long moments he could do no more then lay on the floor panting. Fresh blood smear his mouth and stained his teeth an tongue that hung out as he panted.

“Is Ethan alright?†Razor asked licking his jaws an straitening out his bad leg. “Someone may have heard this pirates scream, we best be careful.â€

(Cue Anyone. Sorry about the violence.)

Pain throbs through Ethan's head as he slowly sits up to send the small crowded room spinning quickly around him. From somewhere close he hears the dying yelling of a man followed by some sort of animal noise. A long moment passes before things slowly begin to slow down for him and he vaguely begins to remember what had happened. Looking around more fear strikes him as his vision fixates upon the large tiger attacking the guy that had attacked him. Blood sprays around as the man's muscular body goes limp from Razor's attack and Razor continues for a moment before standing up to show off the blood dripping from his chin.

Distantly Ethan hears the tiger asking if he is ok as he struggles to contain the emotions that rush through him. They all had set upon this mission with the understanding that no one would get hurt, just get the message out and then let everyone go. End of story. Yet here heh lay hurt and bleeding with a man they don't know, dead upon the stairs. Not only hurt but dead.

"You jackass," Ethan manages to grunt out as he tries to sit up only for the pain to rush upon him and he silently grabs at his head where he was hit to find blood rushing out of a good sized cut, "you killed him! What you think Garrett -" saying his friend's name, a sudden realization hits him of what all has happened, what had brought them to where they are now. Not just the attack and death of the attacker, but of the situation that lies above; of the seriousness they all are in.

Ethan allows a moment of silence to flow within the crowded room as he feels everyone's eyes on him. "Thank-you Razor for saving me," Ethan slowly says as guilt creeps in for being angry at the one that may have saved him from his own death, "I didn't mean to yell at you...I'm sorry. I just...I don't know, it seems like there could have been some other way is all. Thank-you."

Cue Razor or anyone

• 1 month later...

Still panting and regaining his own strength after the adrenaline rush he had endured in trying to save Ethan from the goon. Razor watched Ethan right himself again, although he had been able to save Ethan from getting shot, his new friend had sustained a blow to the head an now suffered the aftermath.

“You sure your alright Ethan?â€

Wincing at the pain in his leg Razor raised to his feet and took and limping step towards the stairs and paused at the bottom step. He perked his sensitive feline ears and listened closely, seeking to find out what was going on up there. What had possessed this goon to come rushing down the stairs so suddenly, had it been Brian’s sudden appearance? Had Brian escaped? What was going on?

Curiosity getting the best of him, Razor continued forward, going up the steps, one foot at a time his leg aching him. But the fear for his friends lives would not compare to the ache of physical pain in his wounded leg. Half way up the stairs, just before he would come into the view of anyone sitting up there, he glanced over his shoulder at the people still caged in down bellow.

(Cue anyone, but someone PLEASE post!!)

• 4 years later...