Taking Back the Town

Garrett Duke

While the rest of the jail area was consumed in temporary chaos, MaryAnne had kneeled down by the bars of the cell and looked at Razor. He was wounded, badly and there was little she could do with the bars that seperated her from the large tiger. But she would do what she could.

Razor's left leg looked to have taken the worse and the snow white fur of the tiger was now a mess of matted, dirty red. She removed her black neck tie and put her arms through the bars working carefully to tied the material around the leg of the animal in an attempt to slow the flow of blood to the wound.

"Yeah, Chet," MaryAnne said evenly, looking up occassionally at the Duke boy. "Aren't you concerned about Razor here? More than that, aren't you concerned that if a gang beat and attacked a tiger you reckon they might have something in store for the rest of us? You think it was Brian's Syndicate buddies?? YOU'RE the one that helped put the entire Sheriff's department in jail. How convienent...."

MaryAnne turned to Rosco, Enos, Cletus and Emery. "Give me your neckties," she said. Although all four hesitated momentarily, they subsequently relinguished their ties and handed them to MaryAnne. She then turned and added those to the one she already had around Razor's battered left front leg. She glanced up at Chet occasionally as she worked.

"What are you really up to Chet Duke? Why do you have us all in here? Why don't you lay all your cards on the table...."

(cue anyone!)

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The big tiger’s white eyes watched MaryAnne, of all the people in that cell she was probably the only one that he trusted. He didn’t raise his head but lay panting, blood oozed from his nose where they had clubbed him and where the dogs had bit him.

As MaryAnne tightened the neck tie around his leg he winced and groaned loudly, winning and raising his head a little. Weakly he licked the back of her hand and laid his head back down on the concrete floor. His eyes wandered, glancing at Chet wondering what the Duke boys answer would be to the Deputies questions.

The young Duke boy paced back and forth nervously, he knew that Razor was in bad shape but he also knew how tough the tiger was. Chet stopped by the animals side, his eyes gazed over the stained and ruffled fur coat.

“Those are bites....made by another animal, those were not made by the gang. That gunshot wound is one thing...but those bites are another.†Chet said kneeling beside the animal and smoothing one hand over his side.

In reaction the big animal growled at the Duke boy an raised his lip showing his huge canine teeth. Wincing he began to quiver in pain, his big body trembling. Chet quickly pulled his hand away and stood up, his eyes intent on the agony that Razor truly was in.

Hesitantly he opened the cell door and motioned for MaryAnne to come out in place of Daney.

“He doesn’t seem to mind you....†Chets eyes dropped. “Please come out and help him MA.†He reached out and grabbed Daneys arm from where she sat at the small table, not at all gently he pulled her over to the cell door.

(Cue anyone.)

Anger continues to course through Garrett's powerful body as he silently stares at the bland art work that decorate the commissioner's ugly walls. Anger not directed at Chet or at anyone, but at himself. He knew what he wanted and at the same time he knew what they were doing wasn't the way to atrieve what he wanted. How could locking up the damn law make things better? A small grimace works it's way between his thin dirty blond goatee as he comes upon the thought of where he is heading; jail. A shiver trails down his spine at the thought of jail, thinking of the six months he had earned at the State Pen when they had found drugs upon him while he was in the Army. Him and his friends.

"I ain't gonna be the one that takes the fall this time," Garrett mutters aloud before catching himself.

"What was that Garr?" Ethan asks across the desk from Garrett, "Take what fall? I thought you were the one that was positive with this."

"I was...I am," Garrett quickly corrects himself. Three years ago he had been in the Army with dreams of being someone, of fighting a war, coming home an Army. That was until he met Hawk, Diego, and Jake. They all had become a team of outsiders grouped together where they had introduced their drugs to Garrett and Garrett had joined in voluntarily, wanting to feel included. When the officials had sniffed wind of drugs, it was Garrett who was found with the drugs, not his newly founded friends.

Looking up at Ethan he forces himself to attempt to fight off the nightmarish memory to think of what is going on now. "You do realize that we are now have two choices...and neither one is one that I want to take," Garrett sighs deeply as Ethan watches him curiously, "You see the law ain't gonna just let us walk out of here when we think we have what we want. Nah, it won't be that easy...they'll arrest us and we'll face twenty to fifty years in jail...the state pen. Our only chance of walking out of here free men is if we use force and kill them all and hope that they don't find evidence it was us that killed the law of Hazzard."

"Chet didn't say anything of killing anyone," Ethan spoke up through the eery silence, "I ain't killin' no one Garrett...I may be as bad as you, but I am not gonna cross the same line my brothers had."

"Didn't say you were gonna kill anyone and neither am I," Garrett stares at Ethan who grows nervous in his wooden chair, "but I ain't gonna go to jail either. There's no way out."

"We could walk out of here now," Ethan shrugs, "tell Chet it's through...or tell him you have to go check on Kristy."

"Either way the law knows we've been here and we backed Chet and Riddick. It's too late to back out now," Garrett subconciously rubs a thick left index finger down his long wide scar on the right side of his neck, "the only choice we have is to finish what we started."

Ethan's eyes shine in doubt and mistrust as he eyes Garrett warily, fighting to understand what Garrett really means. "But if we aren't going to kill anyone, that leaves jail time."

"Twenty or fifty years is better than life...or more like it, the death penalty," Garrett looks up at Ethan, "We'll figure something -"

Garrett is interrupted by Chet's abrupt and loud yelling from the basement and Garrett glances up at Ethan before jumping up to his feet. "That's us," Garrett sighs as he slowly reaches the closed door before Ethan, "and it sounds like he's in trouble or hurt or both."

"Yeah," Ethan numbly agrees behind Garrett.

Garrett nods at Ethan before turning back to the closed door and moves to slowly open it with horrifying thoughts flooding through him. Slowly opening the door, Garrett finds Vicki standing at the side of Rosco's aging desl, with her back to them. Garrett motions Ethan to stay where he was as he watches Vicki holding the black phone up to her ear for a long silent moment. Listening to Vicki slowly beginning to leave her message, fear and anger radiates through him at Vicki ratting them out and at Chet for allowing her to come here freeely, for falling for her lies, her wise scheme to not get thrown in with the Hazzard law.

"Stay here for a moment unless I need help," Garrett whispers to Ethan before he slowly begins to tip toe his way to Rosco's desk while keeping an watchful eye on the brave red head to make sure she doesn't see him.

Garrett holds his breath as he walks up to Vicki and quickly and forcefully places a tight hand across her mouth and another tight and violent hand across her stomach, holding her hands to her side. "Nice try...you can't fool everyone, darlin'!" Garrett hisses into her ear before he quickly and harshly kicks the phone across the room to make it disconnect, "Well, I read you from the second you walked in here with Chet...I knew you were trouble! Too bad he didn't listen to me!"

"What now?" Ethan asks as he joins Garrett at the desk where he continues to hold tightly onto Vicki, feeling his anger and frustration bubble within him.

"I want you to go down and drag Chet up here," Garrett hisses as he drags Vicki to one of the upstairs cells that rests behind the sheriff's desk, "I don't care if you have to save his ass from the local law down there...get him up here right now!"

"OK," Ethan says quietly as he watches Garrett drag open the cell door.

"And don't tell him what happened or what I want," Garrett hisses as he shoves Vicki into the cell and slams the door shut and locked before lighting a cigarette, "Just tell him I want to see him...now!"

"On my way," Ethan says as he reaches the stair way.

(Cue Vicki or Chet)

Garrett hustled Vicki inside the jail cell. She balked, not wanting to go in there, but Garrett urged her in.

Vicki paced around the jail cell, hoping to come up with a plan to get herself & her friends out of this mess.

She was angry with herself for making that phone call, but she had to do it for the safety of everyone, even the gang that she came across when she accidentally walked in on them.

She wasn't even sure that Sheriff Little got the message, but perhaps someone there did.

Taking a look at Garrett, who was sitting at a desk, she knew that she had to be careful with him. She looked at him closely. He looks a lot different now than how he was a few years ago, like he had a personality change.

Maybe she should ask him about it later if she got out of here. She knew deep down that he wouldn't hurt her, but he had to show her who was in charge.

Vicki walked over to the bars that held her captive. As she grabbed hold of it, the bars moved a little. Garrett must have not shut the bar door all the way before he locked it. Maybe she can work it loose, but it will take some time doing it.

"Darlin, are you doing okay in there?" Garrett asked as he laughed.

"Just peachy..." Vicki said, sighing loudly as she sat back down on the cot in the jail cell as she heard footsteps coming down the stairs...

CUE: Anyone! :wink:

Ethan arrived at the bottom of the stairs and viewed Chet being handcuffed to the open cell door.

"He should’ve known better than to let a private investigator roam around with their jacket and backpack." Enos and Cletus whispered to each other.

Blue eyes twinkled mischievously; the metal click had been music to his ears. Was it cliché or convenient, nope. “Daney…â€

“Not now Sheriff,†Daney glanced to Razor, MaryAnne. “Get Doc or a medical kit?â€

"That's right, contribute." A voice encouraged.

(cue anyone, preferably MaryAnne)

“Don’t you dare move Rosco!†Chet glared, his mismatched eyes beaming.

His left hand lay securely hand cuffed the cell door, but his right hand was free and now pressed a .45 to Sheriff Rosco’s forehead, right between his eyes. Rosco slowly raised his hands, he noticeably swallowed and a drop of sweat rolled down his nose.

Chet face twisted in anger as his right hand pressed the gun firmly to the Sheriffs head. His own kin had just betrayed him, although that wasn’t surprising she had indeed betrayed him to the law.

“So very kind of you Daney, Im so glade that you are so very willing to risk Rosco’s life rather then simply willingly doin as I ask.†He snapped. “Now you will unlock my wrist....and you will put yourself in that cell. If you don’t I swear to @#$%! God that I will spread Rosco’s brains on this cement floor.â€

The young Duke boys voice was fierce with anger, the muscles in his right arm flexed as he gripped the handle of the pistol firmly.

“You stay right there MA....Daney can take your place in the cell.â€

(Cue Daney.)

Daney laid her backpack on the floor next to MaryAnne. She looked respectfully at the brown haired deputy. She would not be responsible for someone else's fate. “Ok, Chet…†In spite of Brian’s earlier recommendation that reservations be placed, Daney walked around the wide open door, Chet attached to the last cell bar of it. At 6â€3’ Chet towered over several folks in the room. She stepped next to Rosco. “Please let Rosco move so the key will go into the lock better.†She asked. But did not look at Chet.

(cue anyone)

(*Joint post made by Daney and Chet.)

"No!" You take those keys out and give them to me Daney. Rosco doesn't move until those keys are in my hand." Chet Duke snarled and continued to pressed the .45 caliber pistol to Rosco's forehead.

"And exactly how am I suppose to put them in your hand?" Daney answered.

"When i see the keys I will make that possible." Chet shot back, the anger flaring in his eyes.

"Chet, you're not comprehendin' what I am sayin'. And that is to even get the keys from my pocket, I need Rosco to move over." Daney replied politely.

Chets jaw line went ridged as he gritted his teeth. "Alirght Rosco, back up two steps." Chet instructed demandingly.

With that, Rosco backed up two steps, the pressure on his forehead releasing as he backed away from the barrel of the pistol.

The Sheriff took a deep breath. Blue eyes stared at the slightly taller Duke boy. Then glanced over Brian's head to MaryAnne and Razor, the tiger.

Enos, Cletus and Emery were scrunched against the cot. A silver of moonlight coming through the window down on the brown blanket.

They looked nervously at the dark haired Duke boy. Daney had no sympathy for him. She retrieved the key and slowly reached her closed left hand up to place it in one of Chet's hand.

"Chet, you realize that with the gun in your hand. I can't give you the keys."

In the blink of an eye Chet placed the gun back in its hiding place in the back waist band of his jeans and reached up with his right hand suddenly grasping Daney's wrist. He looked her in the eye boldly, his grip on her wrist firm.

"Now, drop the keys into my other hand, if you make any sudden moves you'll just plain regret it." His voice was ice.

(Cue anyone)

Garrett glances up at the small clock that hangs over the sheriff's desk as he numbly lights another cigarette while his mind continues to tiredly wind from thought to thought. It wasn't suppose to happen this way...if only things had stuck to plan, maybe...

"Damn it," he utters as he throws his feet off of the old scarred desk to sit up in the uncomfortable chair before glancing over at Vicki in the cell, "You know I like you...it's too bad you had to make the move you did."

He watches for her reaction for a long moment before glancing back at the small clock, counting down the minutes that Ethan had been gone. Five. How long could it take to go get Chet? Questions explode within him, questions without any answers following them.

"I don't want to leave you alone, darlin," Garrett turns back to Vicki blowing out a cloud of smoke, "but if Ethan don't come back I'm gonna have to lock that door shut on you...to go get him and Chet here personally."

Ethan slowly takes the steps one at a time while he allows his mind to explore the possibilities of all that could be going on downstairs. From all the arguing and yelling is coming from. Thoughts quickly turn into anxiety and fear of the possibilities that run through him, shoving his thoughts to what the future will hold. Once again he mentally returns the discussion he had with Garrett before he had found that out of town deputy on the phone about killing or jail time.

Anger bounces within him at allowing him to get involved, allowing himself to help push this plan into action. The plan had reeked of havoc, of a load of chaos, but it seemed like the only thing th at could be done. The least violent possibility out of the list of possibilities. He agreed that something had to be done and he wanted to help as much as Garrett had, but he never thought it would go this far. It was to get the message across and let everyone out on their happy ways. But Garrett is right...they won't just go out on th eir happy ways, not without arresting the people who had held them captive.

Reaching halfway down the flight of stairs, his mind turns to his brothers who had turned to drugs and to violence. There was no way he was going to cross the same line they had...he may not be no angel, but he knows what's right and will stand up for what is right. Taking a deep breath he fights to remind himself that is what they are doing, fighting for what is right, sticking up for themselves and perhaps for the people of Hazzard. Something good could come out of all of this.

Ethan's thoughts are quickly interrupted as he reaches the bottom step to the basement of two cells to see all the commotion that is going on. Fear and anxiety race through him as he feels his chest tightening within. Looking from face to face he silently and absentmindedly runs a shakey hand over his well trimmed thin copper brown beard and mustache. His intense dark green slash gray eyes quivers from person from person while his mind races for what to do now.

(Cue anyone!)

At the sound of footsteps coming down the stairs, Brian spoke up. "Daney, give Chet the damn keys. Maybe you don't mind gettin' killed, but I'd rather not see Rosco, or MaryAnne, or anybody else heah, made an example of."

With this, Brian edged up closer to the bars, until he was at Rosco's shoulder. With a silent, dark-eyed glare, Brian watched the rogue Duke boy. There was no telling what would happen, once Chet was loose again....and in Brian's cold expression, there was a criminal's scorn. He knew a screwed-up plan when he saw it....

...and he knew how expensive screwed-up plans could get. The cost was usually paid with innocent lives....

( Cue anybody. )

Suddenly seeing the black clad Coltrane move forward Chet released Daney’s wrist and drew his .45 from his waist band again. He pointed the gun at both Brian and Rosco, his facial expression going colder.

“Don’t get any closer Brian!†Chet warned an then turned the gun on Daney. “Now this is your last warning..... take your jacket off, toss it to the opposite side of the room and unlock my wrist.â€

Chets mismatched eyed glare deepened yet further, his temper raising. The sound of someone coming down the stairs echoed in his ears, a uneasy feeling passed over him. Hesitantly his right thumb drew back the hammer on the gun.

“You’ve got 10 seconds to put that key into the slot on these handcuffs....10....9.....8....â€

(Cue anyone)

*joint post*

Chet's game was stale as day old bake goods. Daney froze in taking off her jacket like Chet had requested. The room started spinning like a pinwheel in the wind.

The problem with unlocking the handcuffs was that would enable Chet to retrieve a second weapon of his choice from his own jacket. "Chet, do you want the jacket first or the keys?" Daney interrupted the countdown.

"Your jacket..." Chet paused his threatening count down. " Throw it away....then hurry up an put that key in these cuffs." His voice was mean and edgy.

The mistmatched eyes watched Daney daringly, the gun in Chets hand stayed boldly pointed at his older cousin. He wasn't afraid to shoot her or anyone else, him and the others had come this far....there was no turning back.

"Fast..." He demanded.

Chet had not specified where the jacket was to go. It slid off Daney's shoulders and then her arms. Hazel eyes stayed focused on Chet inspite of the thundering footsteps and whispers behind her. It landed on the floor. She kicked at it with her left brown cowboy boot, in back of Rosco and Brian.

The jacket found a home almost on Cletus's scuffed work boots. She gasped.

"Ya kicked it the wrong way! What the hell good is it going to do me by Cletus?" His voice got meaner as he snapped at her. "Your trying patience that I dont have Daney! Unlock my wrist! NOW!" He nearly spat the words an waved the gun at her.

"Chet, you're never satisfied with anything!" Daney commented politely.

"UNLOCK IT" Furious now Chet stepped forward putting the barrel of the gun in her face.

"Maybe if you'd calm down. I wouldn't be so hesitant to give you the keys." Daney's words came out slowly.

"Im not going to calm down! Youve got five seconds!" He glared. "5.....4...."

The dragoon tactics of Chet, only caused the detective to feel like she was going to spontaneously combust. Just go poof like in a magic show. Everything went black for a moment and the keys fell out of her hand, onto the other side of the cell bars. Dizzy, she turned and leaned against the cold metal.

Almost frantically Chet snaked his arm through the bars and grabbed the key off the floor, quickly he jammed it into the hand cuff around the cell door. He unlocked the cuff leaving the other one dangling from his wrist as he stood up and pocketed his gun and the key.

"Why was that so hard an dramatic for you Daney...." Chet mumbled. He backed up leaving her in the cell with out a care in the world as to the condition she was now in. Quickly he slammed the cell door shut tight and locked it behind himself.

"Now MaryAnne can help Razor..." He said a snap still in his voice.

(cue anyone)

She wasn't going to die now or in the future as Vicki stared blankly around her small enclosed prison. She decided that she wouldn't give Garrett the satisfaction of imitiating her either.

She knew that Garrett was just angry with her, and knows that he wouldn't intinally hurt her. Besides Vicki didn't even think that she gotten through to Sheriff Little anyway. More than likely he would think that it was an old message anyway.

Maybe there was a way to get out of that cell considering that the cell door didn't close all the way. She just had to figure out how to "jimmie" the lock a little bit like she used to when she was a wild teenager running around with Bo & Luke. Heck, she even used to run around with Garrett & Kristy too as well. Before Garrett changed considerably.

"Why did Garrett do that to me, and why did he change?" Vicki questioned herself as she knelt down on her hands and knees looking at the lock on the cell door, hearing the commotion downstairs....

CUE: Anyone! :wink:

It was a relief to see Daney finally placed in the jail cell with the others, she would be safe in there and out of harms way. A wave of pain came up the big tigers body an he quivered squinting his eyes and battling against it. He gave a deep pain filled cry, after the wave passed Razor laid his head back down on the concrete floor panting.

“MA....we can’t allow Doc Carney to come....†Razor’s side rose and fell as he panted, his voice near a whisper and pinched. “Its....to risky.â€

Slowly, as if hesitantly he shut his eyes and just lay resting, his breath came in short pants. His blood spread onto the floor, oozing from his nose and spilling from his wounded leg.

“I’ll be....alright....I just need....to rest.†He gave a deep sigh an relaxed back on the hard floor.

(Cue MaryAnne)

MaryAnne had stood pat, ice frozen when Chet pointed the gun directly at Rosco. The tension in the jail had suddenly gone up ten fold and increased with each passing moment between Chet and Daney's exchange of words. Enos, Cletus and Boss had all stood still, watching Chet. Emery had took to shaking like a leaf. Brian had moved up beside Rosco, which had shifted the course of the chess match between the two Dukes, because now Chet had only one gun but more than one target to possibly hit.

Finally, when Daney did what was asked of her and Chet was released from the cuffs, MaryAnne relaxed marginally. Daney was placed in the cell and with the imminent danger pass, Rosco had turned toward the back wall, trying to regain his composure. Something about the cold touch of a gun barrel to the head was not warm and fuzzy.

With the cell door shut, MaryAnne watched Chet as he stepped away from the bars. She looked into the cell at Rosco, and then glanced at Brian giving a look that said make sure he's awright 'k? She then looked at Chet again and Ethan, who had been standing at the bottom of the stairs during the whole intense stand off.

Razor's voice caught her attention and she looked down at the white tiger. "Too risky?" she said. "Riddick..." she paused and then spoke gently, "Razor, listen to me, you need more than rest. You need a doctor. I got some supplies in the cabinet over there, I can probably patch ya up fairly decent....but the risk comes in how long you stay here like this." MaryAnne paused and she glanced up at Chet and Ethan who were watching her with Razor. She looked down at Razor again. "Why do you have us here like this?" she pleaded in a whisper.

(cue Riddick or anyone!)

“I’m sorry MA....†Razor whispered opening his eyes again.

The big cats eyes watered in pain as they turned to look at the deputy, he couldn’t help but wonder why he was really there. Why had they foolishly done all this, his mind swarmed with reasons, but none of them seemed to be enough, even the idea of simply being there for his friends.

“I wish.... I could....explain it....to you somehow...†He paused licking his big tongue around his jaws and took a deep breath clearing his throat. “I don’t know where to start...â€

Chet turned on his heal quickly and strut back up to the jail cell, faintly over hearing what Razor had said. He drew his gun again an pointed it at the tigers head, his arm shaking nervously. The Duke boy was officially enraged to an intense and insensible degree.

“DON’T YOU TELL HER ANYTHING!†Chet spat and drew back the hammer of the gun.

“Chet....†Razor gasped and pushed himself up with his one good front leg.

Staggering and tripping, barely managing he backed away smearing his blood across the floor, his eyes intent on the black haired Duke boy. Beyond his limit Razor pressed himself in the corner where the wall and the second cell intersected. Weakly he crumbled to the floor his head pressed against the cell and his back against the wall.

His warning made clear Chet eased the hammer down and put the gun away, with a stern glare at the tiger he glanced at MaryAnne. Then he walked back to the stairwell to talk to talk to Ethan and see exactly what was going on.

“I wish.... you could... just put me down.... MA.†Razor lay in the corner, he shut his eyes withering, the emotions that had grown inside him since he came to Hazzard shining through.

The big cat became silent an he breathed slowly, his mind battling back the curtains of unconsciousness that threatened to take over him. His body relaxed against the floor as he grew weaker, ready to allow the hands of unconsciousness to grasp him.

(Cue MaryAnne or anyone.)

(This is a joint post written by Garrett, Vicki and Chet.)

His face still twisted in anger an his jaw line tight, Chet returned to the stairs where he joined Ethan. Ethan had seen the entire scene with Daney and the jail cell, then his threat to Razor.

“This is all messed up now!†He said to Ethan as they started up the stairs. “What the hell does Garrett want?!â€

Ethan fought to contain the anger that was fed upon all that he had seen and from the tone of voice Chet had used upon him. "We're not the ones that messed-" he abruptly cuts himself off.

"This is what we all need now...you threatening Razor...who is hurt and on our side. Who you gonna be threatening next?"

The black haired Duke boy gritted his teeth an his words hissed through his clenched jaws.

“I didn’t ask for you opinion Ethan! I asked what the hell Garrett wants!†Chet said his eyes drilling into Ethan’s.

"You dumb jackass!" Ethan abruptly hisses as he angrily grabs a hold of the back of Chet's shirt to drag Chet to an abrupt stop in front of him on the stairs.

"We all came in here as a team...no leaders and no one in particular in charge. And now you are running all over us as if we don't exist and treating us like crap!" Ethan runs a shaky hand through his copper wavy hair.

"And if that isn't enough you are down there waving that gun at everyone as if you think that will answer everything. Think again, hotshot! Because it won't!"

Suddenly Chet grabbed Ethan by the collar of his shirt an thrust him against the wall with both hands pinning him there. His mismatched eyes bore into Ethan’s eyes in an angry challenge, daring him to say another word.

“All hell has broke lose Ethan, this ain’t how it was supposed to be. “ He paused considering how much he should tell Ethan. “Someone’s going to get hurt..... stay out of my way and it wont be your sorry, pathetic ass!â€

"I don't think so, Chet," Ethan quickly shifts his muscular body to block Chet upon the stairs, "Is that some sort of threat? And as for who is pathetic around you, the only pathetic person I see around, is you!"

“Oh is that right?! Well atleast I get the damned job done!†Chet dashed forward hunching his shoulders over as he plowed into Ethan’s legs.

He hugged his right arm around Ethan’s legs and then straitened up his back with Ethan on his shoulder. In one quick movement he released him allowing him to roll over his back and land on his own back on the stairs.

“Stay the f@#$ out of my way!†Chet said as he topped the stairs and entered the booking room, the first thing his eyes met was Vicki locked away in the upstairs cell, he turned his glare to Garrett.

Garrett's heart rushes wildly within him as he watches Ethan's body being harshly thrown down the stairs. Feeling the heat of anger rush through him, Garrett quickly jumps over his desk to pin Chet against the wall.

"You idiotic jackass!" Garrett attempts to struggle back his emotions that rages within him as he stares at his cousin and holds him tighter against the wall.

"What the hell's gotten into you?! First you allow your lady cop girl friend to join us and now you're threatening people on your own damn side! Well forget you and your damn attitude. You're nothing!"

Chet grunted as he was forcefully pinned against the wall, but he only grinned wildly at Garretts words. They were all crazy and they were all going to pay for what they had done to the Hazzard law. What the hell he had nothing to lose.

With that figured Chet simply raised his knee into Garrett’s abdomen and doubled up his fists slamming them down onto Garrett’s back with all his might.

“Don’t you dare even think about blaming this on Vicki you stupid sonofa@#$%^!â€

Watching the two Duke men fight, Vicki was in awe. She couldn't believe that Garrett was blaming her. Her voice, sounding nothing at all like her to her own ears, she said to Garrett and Chet, "Why don't you two stop fighting like this. Can't you two work it out?"

Fighting back the pain and the anger that rushes through him, Garrett silently ignores Vicki as he abruptly knees Chet in the groin before punching Chet in the nose as Chet began to bend in pain.

"I'm not blaming no one but Chet," he hisses out as he keeps Chet tightly pinned against the wall.

"I agreed with this plan because I agreed with you and figured we were all mature enough to stick together. Obviously, Chet isn't." Garrett spits in Chet's face in disgust.

His back curved and his stomach feeling sickly the younger Duke boy gasped for breath warding back the pain below his belt. But his eyes staid intent on his cousin an his fist bound into hammers.

“What plan! No one, not even you stuck to the plan.†Chet hissed fiercely.

Enraged to a insane degree Chet’s fist came up and he pounded his cousin in the face...once...twice... Then as Garrett staggered back he tackled him to the floor and they began to roll back and forth fighting for the upper hand.

"How the hell did I not stick with the damn plan?!" Garrett hisses as he struggles to block the powerful punches that digs deeply within him.

"I didn't invite some chic in who, I might add, called the Chickasaw cops in!" Garrett's vision blurs in pain as blood drips from his nose and the corner of his mouth as he fights to hold Chet down.

"Hope you're happy!" Garrett sneers down at him, "You don't look so powerful now without the gun, huh?"

Pinned to the floor struggling to roll his bigger, stronger and older cousin off him the news of the call that Vicki had made was spilt. Split like a can of paint an it began to spread across his mind, had she tried to betray them? He pondered...

Just the same he slammed his fist into Garrett’s side but his cousins weight held him firmly on his back, pinned securely to the floor.

"Damn you!â€

"Garrett grunts onto the younger cousin as he feels the pain itching it's way within him, "Ethan didn't do nothing to you... you want to take a piece of someone...you want to threaten someone...do it to me!" Garrett harshly backhands Chet across the face, "Damn you!"

(Cue Vicki)

Vicki paced around the jail cell, watching Garrett & Chet fight each other.

Watching the two of them fight made Vicki's stomach ache with anger.

She was growing angrier with each passing minute watching them, but she was sitting helpless in a jail cell.

If somehow she could talk them into letting her out of that jail cell.

Watching Garrett & Chet fight, Vicki looked around her.

She stopped searching when she heard something downstairs. It sounded as if someone was coming up the stairs, but she couldn't be certain of that...

Trying to act like she didn't hear anything, Vicki was on her feet, fists clenched so her nails pierced into her palms.

Frantically now she looked around her. trying to find something to could help the two Duke men stop fighting each other.

Looking into her jeans pocket, Vicki found something that might help her escape, a lock pick...

CUE: Anyone! :)

Through the chaos, Brian had stood close to Rosco, resting one hand on the Sheriff's uniformed shoulder. The senior of the Coltrane cousins was shook up, but still standing. Probably because there wasn't room for a dead faint.

After Chet stormed upstairs, it was with relief....and some savage glee, that Brian heard the fight erupt between the conspirators. A falling out within the ranks of the captors, offered hope for the incarcerated. "The pressure's gettin' to 'em," Brian muttered to Rosco. "They're in over their heads. Sooner or later, somebody's gonna let us out in hopes of makin' a deal with the law."

"I'll deal 'em a kick in the posterior," Rosco said.

Brian grinned, and was about to offer suggestions for revenge, when he noticed that MaryAnne had her own ideas. The deputy was standing, looking in the direction of the stairs, listening to the fight with interest.

She had no gun, nor weapons of any kind, but she still wore her uniform and badge. She was the only Hazzard officer who was outside of the cells, having been allowed out to help the wounded conspirator. And now, she was contemplating the only opportunity she might have to do something, before somebody...on either side of bars...got killed.

That somebody could be MaryAnne, if she took the risk. But there was a sense of duty in her that never quit...

(cue anybody!)

(I hope Im not stepping on anyone, I seem to be posting this alot. But I had a change of heart towards this RR and I had to make it known.)

As Razor relaxed against the floor, prepared to surrender to the painless unconsciousness that was threatening his mind, he began to ponder. Why had he truly helped the others do this, an what now, everything was about to blow up in there face. What difference did it make now weather or not he succeeded or not, his ‘friends’ had betrayed him. When it had come down to caring about a comrade they were no different then the rest.

Suddenly the big cats eyes shot open in realization, if Garrett and Chet had truly lost all compassion towards the people within the jail cell..... what would they do to them? He shook his head at the thought, he knew what they would do.

“MA...â€

With a sudden burst of adrenalin Razor raised his head an began licking the gun shot wound to his leg for a moment, hoping that the pain would subside long enough for him to help them. There was no question, he had made up his mind, weather or not they now viewed him as a friend or a foe, he would not allow them to all be killed.

“We’ve got to get them outta there... before the others come back.†Shaking in strain he raised up his straitening out his rear feet.

Slowly, keeping his bad bent he raised himself up on his strong front leg, wobbling at first he moved forward towards the cell door. He remembered how he had once escaped a cell very similar to this one, an if he was mistaken the construction of it had to be the same.

With a faint twang of hope he clamped his powerful jaws down on the bolt holding the hinges together and began pulling up with all his strength. Slowly but surly the bolt began to raise out of the hinge an finally clanged to the floor.

Panting an tired Razor looked up about 6 inches above his head, the second of three hinges still set securely tight.

“One down....two to go...â€

(Cue anyone...)

MaryAnne stood at the bottom of the stairs and listened to the shouting going on upstairs. There was no doubt, they were fighting up there. It was hard to distinguish some of what they were saying but she picked up the good amount of swearing, something about not following the plan and then something about somebody...no, a she...calling the Chickasaw cops...

MaryAnne paused. She looked at the two cells with everyone in them and noticed a face missing. Vicki's.

"Holy...." MaryAnne said softly. MaryAnne tried to think back. They had brought Vicki down but never quite got her into the jail cell and at one point during some confusion, Vicki must have snuck back upstairs and called over to Big Ed Little.....but got caught.

Given the way things were going, MaryAnne wondered where Vicki was now. If she was dead, that meant they killed one cop and probably wouldn't stop at that.

Suddenly, MaryAnne heard Razor behind her. She turned and saw him working one of the bolts loose from the cell door. Boss was cheering him on albeit quietly. "Yeah, yeah! You get the bolts loose we can all get out of here!"

"Oh yeah," MaryAnne said, "and when you all walk out of there and up those stairs like a bunch of volunteer fireman, Garrett, Chet and Ethan will probably blow y'all away soon as you hit that door." MaryAnne walked to Razor and kneeled down by the big cat. "Razor, although we all appreciate what your trying to do, all of us could end up getting killed. Garrett and Chet are like two packs of gun powder lit by the same fuse. They're gonna blow and when they do it ain't gonna be pretty. Ethan....I ain't sure about him, he might still be sensible enough to deal with." She looked at the tiger seriously. "There is a chance we can stop them....if you're willing to help."

"Help?" Rosco exclaimed. "Why would he help us?! He was part of gettin' us all into this mess!" There was the murmurs of yeahs and uh huh's from the others in the jail cells.

"Because I think Razor has realized this has all been a serious mistake."

Brian snorted. "Too damn late if you ask me."

"Yeah," Cletus agreed. "Should've had this change of heart before he let this thing all get this far."

"That maybe true. And I'll be honest, I'm still waiting for an explanation of why for all this. But with the way Chet was acting a little while ago and with the sounds of them arguing upstairs, I have the distinct feeling that we're not going to get an explanation. Except that which comes from the wrong end of a gun."

MaryAnne paused and stood up straight to look at everyone in the jail cell. "Unless you haven't noticed, Razor here's been shot full of holes by some person, or persons, who may not like the idea that Razor's still alive. Chet, Garrett and Ethan don't seem to give a hoot n' hell about it either. AND incase y'all haven't noticed, we're missing a person down here. Vicki was brought down earlier to placed in with us and somewhere along the line disappeared. One of the things I heard just now with the arguing up there is that she possibly called Sheriff Little over in Chickasaw and was caught. Who knows what Vicki's fate has become because of that."

MaryAnne then turned and went over to the cabinets, ignoring the looks from the others in the cells. She retrieved some blankets and pillow cases to use to wrap Razor's busted leg and other wounds with. It was going to be good length of time before they could Razor to Doc Carney. And there was a lot to be done before then.

MaryAnne brought the items back to where Razor lay on the floor. "What do you say?" she asked the tiger. "Who's side are you willing to possibly die for in this fight, Razor?"

(cue Riddick/Razor)

(*First Person Point Of View. Thanks MA.)

I often wonder what it would be like to look into my own eyes, the way that my gaze settled on the female Coltrane in uniform must have been something interesting. It had to be interesting enough to be looking into the eyes of an 800LB Blue Tiger, let alone one that has white eyes.

MaryAnne Coltrane, one of the few people who I highly respect an trust had just made one hell of a good point. What did I have to lose after all? I’d cheated life every step of the way, hurting, killing, punishing and being punished. Sure I’d learned along the way, I’d learned how to cover up my ass, but now.... there is nothing in my life left to lose.

What had I done to ever truly help anyone? I asked myself, still gazing into the female deputies eyes. There was no question, my former friends had basically left me to die... sure as hell no honor among thieves.

Hmmph... I thought. What the hell did they know about honor. We had all done our fair share in blowing the plan and now there was nothing but a condemning fate ahead of us. There fate would be jail.... they’d pay for what they had done and not be as lucky as I had once been. An my fate would be death.... so what the hell why not swallow my pride an do something to help someone else.

My eyes wandered to the people bound shoulder to shoulder in the jail cell, not a one of them deserving of any of this. What had they ever done to us to make us believe that we had to do this! Why the hell did we have to be so blind and foolish!

That was it, my mind was defiantly made up, if I’m going to die during this thing, then Im gonna die doing the right thing for once in my life. My eyes return to the deputy, an I nod my big head.

“I’m on your side MA....†Feeling a pinch of shame I replied to her, my voice low an near a whisper. “Om’ nothing more then a beat up...lazy ass fur rug... but I’ll do anything that I am physically capable... to help ya’ll.â€

I paused glancing around me, I knew that not a soul in that room trusted me, weather what I head to say was the truth or not.

“Its plain to see that I’m slowly bleeding to death.... if we don’t get outta here soon, theres not going to be anything left of any of use. Let alone me.â€

(Cue MaryAnne, or anyone.)

Daney peeked around Brian and Rosco to look curiously at Ethan. How did he feel towards Chet now? Had he heard anything of what Razor and MaryAnne had spoken? He was pretty new to Hazzard. Even if he had conspired with Chet, Garrett, Razor, Vicki and who ever else was in their gang… he hadn’t deserved what Chet did, no more than Rosco had with the gun to his face, or Brian who had the gun waved in his direction for no reason.

Maybe Razor was ready to die, but Daney wanted to live. The song tune drifting through her mind comforted her troubled spirit. This was Hazzard where it wasn’t supposed to get dark…

"Ethan..." She called quietly.

(cue Ethan or anyone)

Ethan silently fought off the pain that continued to ricochet through his trembling, numb body accompanied by the harsh and raw emotions that rage through him. Struggling to focus with blurred vision he slowly begins to stand up from where he had landed at the end of the stairs only for a wave of nasea and dizziness to rush through him. "Damn it," he utters half aloud and half to himself as the pain continues to throb within him, seeming to worsen as time moves on.

"Ethan..." a soft female's voice slowly and silently grabs his attention to bring another wave of fear racing within him. For the first time since landing upon the hard cold floor, he realizes where he is at and notices the several sets of eyes attached on him; awaiting for his reaction.

"Daney," he silently whispers as he catches eye contact with the sole Duke capture and surprise rushes through him. When had she gotten here? Does Garrett know? Probably not... "What are -" he abruptly cuts himself off as his sense of realization slowly sinks in, of all he has done, to what he has contributed to. "Razor," he says after a short silent moment almost to himself as his attention comes across the bleeding tiger that lies upon the floor.

Ashamed, Ethan slowly looks down at his shaking body while attempting to fight back the pain and the emotions that rages through him. Damn Chet! It wasn't suppose to be like this...'No one would get hurt' he had promised. Hell now he had gotten thrown and beaten by someone who was supposed on his side and is now up there fighting against Garrett. Looking at the injured tiger a wave of question flow roughly through his head, wondering what part, what role Chet had in Razor getting shot. Wondering why he was so fired up to take charge and blame him and Garrett when his own buddy is down here dying.

Continueing to stare at the injured tiger his mind continues to wonder around the possibilities of the future and regrets of the past. His mind slowly fixates upon all that the dying tiger had said as he had landed upon the hardened floor. No wonder why he's changing sides on how Chet seems to treat him or everyone. Perhaps he had grudges against everyone? Perhaps Chet was just using Garrett and him to get what he wanted? To seek some sort of revenge? What?

"Damn," Ethan says in frustration, attempting to fight back all the unanswered questions and emotions, while fighting against the pain that throbs within his chest, arms, legs, and head. "Damn it," he mutters again as he subconsciously throws a weak right hand to run through his thick curly copper brown hair only to send fiery pain shooting through his head. Slowly, Ethan grags his shaky hand down to find a pool of blood running down his long muscular fingers and hand. Struggling to ignore the stares of the people, people he had helped capture, he slowly and carefully brings his hand back up to his forehead to feel a thick and long gash above his right eye. Blood flows from the thick cut freely down his right cheek and into his thinly trimmed beard and down his chin to drip upon the floor and onto his white t-shirt.

Once again he makes eye contact with the sole Duke capture while his mind wavers from thought to thought before his mind returns to Garrett. Fear and concern rushes through him towards his friend as yelling of pain and anger rushes from upstairs. Garrett may have gone along with the idea as much as Chet had at the beginning, but it was no doubt in Ethan's mind, that Garrett ever thought it would get this far. Fear rushes through Ethan for Garrett, Garrett was a hell of a fighter and has taken on much more than just Chet, he has the scar to prove it, but Garrett remains weaponless while Chet has the gun. Once again, there is no doubt in Ethan's mind, that Chet could and would use the gun against Garrett if he felt the need to use it. Family or not...

(Cue Anyone!)