ANYBODY WATCHING NASCAR???

Hobie Hartkins

I am bummed that my Hendrick boys didn't do it, but Blaney is a great guy. So I will be happy for him...but it would have been soooooo good to see the 24 car back in the championship circle. I am so ready for next season and hope Chase Elliott will be back to his winning ways...

I apologize...I've failed at the NASCAR reporting this season. Between the lack of time due to work and college and Chase not being much of a threat in any of the races, I've found it hard. I also don't have the channels, so I've been just following the leaderboard on my phone. I am hoping to do better next season. Whether Chase is in it or not...

Edited by Garrett Duke

51 minutes ago, Hobie Hartkins said:

Don't beat yourself up Cousin! You do a great job keeping us up! I just happened to see it and thought of my cousins in  Hazzard! We'll be keeping an eye on Chase to see how far he takes it!! :) 

Thank you. I do feel bad for letting y'all down on my reports. I am hoping next season will be better or that I'll do better. 

There is only 104 days until the Daytona 500...a very long 104 days. :( 

UGH...no baseball. No NASCAR. 

I have football...but my Bears are having just as a hard season as poor ol' Chase Elliott had. 

Someone save me...LOL

16 hours ago, Garrett Duke said:

I have football...but my Bears are having just as a hard season as poor ol' Chase Elliott 

It doesn't help that Fields has been hurt. He's on my fantasy team. At least I have another QB. I've been slacking too Garrett. Specifically on the role play. We've been watching 3 grandkids because their parents have been on a trip but they're back so I have some things to get caught up on. 

5 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

It doesn't help that Fields has been hurt. He's on my fantasy team. At least I have another QB. I've been slacking too Garrett. Specifically on the role play. We've been watching 3 grandkids because their parents have been on a trip but they're back so I have some things to get caught up on. 

Yes...I am sad and disappointed with Fields being out. I have him on all three of my fantasy teams that I am in. I do have others, but I'm not as excited about them as I am with him. I really hope he is able to return sometime soon.

I hope you enjoyed your time with the grandkids. I bet that was fun and tiring. LOL. 

20 hours ago, Garrett Duke said:

Do you like Max?

He's a very talented young driver who's already sewn up his third World championship this year, but he's won 17 out of the first 20 races so far this year (and his team mate won two of the other three), so the season's been rather dull. Personally, I think that Lewis Hamilton should've won his eighth World championship when Max won his first because the officials didn't follow the restart rules in the last race of the season that year. There's been some good battles down the field this year, but the season belongs to Red Bull.

4 hours ago, HossC said:

He's a very talented young driver who's already sewn up his third World championship this year, but he's won 17 out of the first 20 races so far this year (and his team mate won two of the other three), so the season's been rather dull. Personally, I think that Lewis Hamilton should've won his eighth World championship when Max won his first because the officials didn't follow the restart rules in the last race of the season that year. There's been some good battles down the field this year, but the season belongs to Red Bull.

If that's your favorite driver or team that dominates, it's fun and exciting, but not so much for everyone else. Or if you are just a fan of the sport. That's a lot of races to win and only a few that he didn't win. That is always disappointing when the officials get a call wrong that determines how the game goes and who wins...

20 hours ago, Garrett Duke said:

If that's your favorite driver or team that dominates, it's fun and exciting, but not so much for everyone else. 

Good point Garrett. Dirt bike racing just went through something similiar when a guy from Australia named Jett Lawrence dominated. After someone gets that far ahead in the points standings it then becomes a battle for second, which is never as much fun. 

31 minutes ago, RogerDuke said:

Good point Garrett. Dirt bike racing just went through something similiar when a guy from Australia named Jett Lawrence dominated. After someone gets that far ahead in the points standings it then becomes a battle for second, which is never as much fun. 

No Worries! Just wait until we have the Moon Shine 400!! I'll blow every one of them away with my brand new remodeled Whiskey Wagon!! :) 

On 11/8/2023 at 5:06 PM, Hobie Hartkins said:

No Worries! Just wait until we have the Moon Shine 400!! I'll blow every one of them away with my brand new remodeled Whiskey Wagon!! :) 

I was thinking of running the dirt bike this year Hobie. If your rules state that it has to have 4 wheels I could always put a little toy dirt bike in my pocket during the race. But now that I think of it, there aren't a whole lotta rules in the Moonshine 400. That's why it's so popular.

16 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

I was thinking of running the dirt bike this year Hobie. If your rules state that it has to have 4 wheels I could always put a little toy dirt bike in my pocket during the race. But now that I think of it, there aren't a whole lotta rules in the Moonshine 400. That's why it's so popular.

exactly cousin! :)