Hazzard Meets Crystal Lake!

I would post a screen clip, but as usual this site never lets me post photos...it always says they’re too big. :mad: I’m not sure how to change the size, or if that’s possible...but it does get old never being able to post a photo.

But, the original town square & courthouse in Covington, Georgia that was first used as the Hazzard town square, was later seen in Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives (1986) as the town of Crystal Lake—Jason Vorhees’ stomping/chopping grounds.

Edited by MonacoMan

• MonacoMan changed the title to Hazzard Meets Crystal Lake!
17 hours ago, MonacoMan said:

I would post a screen clip, but as usual this site never lets me post photos...it always says they’re too big. :mad: I’m not sure how to change the size, or if that’s possible...but it does get old never being able to post a photo.

I don't know what format/size the forum is expecting - you'll have to ask MeadowMufn on that one. As I've suggested before, you should look into using an image hosting site. Many offer free hosting for a limited number of images, e.g. Flickr will host up to 1,000 images for free.

There are also plenty of free image editing apps - I found a recent list here. I don't know what platform you're using, but I've used Paint.NET for Windows and found it easy to use.

17 hours ago, MonacoMan said:

But, the original town square & courthouse in Covington, Georgia that was first used as the Hazzard town square, was later seen in Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives (1986) as the town of Crystal Lake—Jason Vorhees’ stomping/chopping grounds.

The square in Covington also appeared in 'The Cannonball Run' - Burt Reynolds and Dom DeLuise land their plane there to buy more beer near the start of the movie.

8 hours ago, HossC said:

I don't know what format/size the forum is expecting - you'll have to ask MeadowMufn on that one. As I've suggested before, you should look into using an image hosting site. Many offer free hosting for a limited number of images, e.g. Flickr will host up to 1,000 images for free.

There are also plenty of free image editing apps - I found a recent list here. I don't know what platform you're using, but I've used Paint.NET for Windows and found it easy to use.

The site says max size is 28.44 KB. I’m not a techie, so I don’t know how much/big that is? But, it must not be that big at all, as no matter what size (big or small) I try to use, this site always says it’s too big.

I’m not sure what you mean by an image hosting site? I know what Flickr & other sites are, and I have tons of free photos...but that doesn’t seem to be the issue. It seems to come down to the digital size...and this is the only site I’ve ever had problems posting pics.

I’m also not sure how to edit a photo, and there’s probably apps that are for that...but it’d be one more thing I’d have to try and download to my phone (and I don’t really have much room left), as my laptop bit the dust a couple years ago, and I’ve not been able to afford to get another one yet.  I have a work laptop, but I cannot download extra or other things to it, as that option is blocked.

All other TV & movie fansites I’m part of have no trouble with posting photos...I’m not sure what the deal is with this one, but I wish whoever would figure out a way to allow easier posting of pics.

:previous:

28.44kb is a very small file size for an image. The image would either be small in size, low in quality or both. This limit must've been set by MeadowMufn.

If the images are uploaded directly to HNet, then HNet hosts the images and will have to pay the additional overheads (increased bandwidth) every time those images are viewed. I'm guessing that that's the reason why the image size is so low. If you use a site like Flickr, they host your images, i.e. they provide an online storage location for them and the overheads are carried by that site (at no cost to you or HNet). All you have to do is insert a link into your post on HNet that references your image.