New to the group and I have a question

The_Kellis

Welcome to HazzardNet.

I don't think I've ever seen a Dukes pedal car in real life (I'm not sure if they were sold here), so I had a quick look on Ebay. There seem to be two very different types:

First, there's a very basic steel one, apparently from 1979. It appears to be red rather than orange, and has a flag with too many stars on the hood. Rather than "General Lee", it says "Rebel" beside the flag, and bizarrely has "10" on the doors. The two current sellers are asking $149 and $450 respectively.

The second is a plastic one made by Coleco, which is apparently from 1982. This one is definitely orange, has "General Lee" on the front fenders, "01" on the doors and a flag on the trunk. Believe it or not, sellers are asking for between $1,800 and $5,000 for these.

On 2/4/2022 at 3:35 PM, HossC said:

Welcome to HazzardNet.

I don't think I've ever seen a Dukes pedal car in real life (I'm not sure if they were sold here), so I had a quick look on Ebay. There seem to be two very different types:

First, there's a very basic steel one, apparently from 1979. It appears to be red rather than orange, and has a flag with too many stars on the hood. Rather than "General Lee", it says "Rebel" beside the flag, and bizarrely has "10" on the doors. The two current sellers are asking $149 and $450 respectively.

The second is a plastic one made by Coleco, which is apparently from 1982. This one is definitely orange, has "General Lee" on the front fenders, "01" on the doors and a flag on the trunk. Believe it or not, sellers are asking for between $1,800 and $5,000 for these.

You'd think the steel one would be going for more money than the plastic one. 

I found a used one in rough shape that sold for $400 on eBay. 

Before you post it on OfferUp try the Facebook Dukes of Hazzard groups, I'm sure you'll get plenty of offers there.

Edited by Spike