Everything posted by JadedPhoenixBurning
-
Hazzard Stalker Strikes again!!
Got another message. This time the joker sent it from the Baltimore area. Such a big pain in the butt. I'm having to deal with getting my car fixed after being hit by a drunk driver and the last thing I need is for this moron to clutter my inbox up with hate messages.
-
Repopulation: Hazzard-Style
The next chapter is up for the final story in the Series that was started in November of 2010. Hope that you enjoy it. http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7639128/34/Repopulation_HazzardStyle
-
Wednesdays are now hereby decreed to be Jump Day!
LOL! I'm the one that posted that. I just typed the first thing that popped into my head when I saw the picture. But you have to admit, it's very fitting.
-
Hazzard Stalker Strikes again!!
I had thought that my Cyber-Stalker had finally given up but unfortunately she sent yet another message this week. As usual when I tried to contact FanFiction I didn't receive a reply. I have ISP addresses but the names change with every contact. I swear, someone this obsessed for this long should be in a mental hospital. I tried not to let it bother me but a part of me had to admit that to be the object of such obsession is a bit frightening. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to deal with my Stalker for my Dukes Stories?
-
John on "GLEE"
I've liked the Doonby FB link and for a long time they kept folks in the loop then they just stopped or got off topic. Hopefully with the success of Courageous, other films like Doonby will follow it out to the theaters.
-
John on "GLEE"
I never have really gotten into this show(I watch almost NO television) but I may try watching this episode. John is great in anything he does. BTW: I've been waiting for DOONBY to come out but I can't find info when it should be in theaters. Anyone have any info?
-
Your Dukes Fantasy
I would have LOVED to have been a Duke. Maybe could have a story similar to to Judd's. To be able to learn one day that one of the Duke's are one of your relatives. Maybe I could be one of Daisy's cousins from her mother's side of the family. Then I could still flirt with the fellas.
-
Looking for a new Duke Family
LOL! That's funny Roger.
-
HazzardNet Monthly Meetings
I was wondering when folks came on here to chat. I had been looking forward to chatting with others but there never seems to be anyone on when I check in. Now I know that it is only for special occassions. Or at least that is how it looks.
-
If our Duke Characters could talk to us about our FanFiction....
I tried to start this on another site but the writers were a bit to sensitive and took the ideas displayed there as an insult(even though I said from the start that nothing was directed at anyone). This was done by a fellow writer in another fandom and all of the writers really had a great time doing this. I know that all of us have read stories in the past that we just knew that the characters would cringe at some of the things that we writers have them do. So, let's let each person write a small note in the voice of the character of their choice speaking to fanfiction writers about what most go off the course or put the characters in a light that just isn't them. I'll start off. Remember, this is all for FUN. No trolling. No insults or flames are acceptable. Dear Dukes of Hazzard Fanfiction Writers, I know that I act like a bumbling fool at times, but I think many of you forget that for years I was one of the best Lawmen in the state. I'm actually much smarter than I act. True, them Duke Boys have gotten the better of me a couple of times. But that has always been a kind of game for us. I've never allowed real criminals to trick me so easily. After all, Police work is my life. Sincerely, Sheriff Rosco P. Coltrane
-
Pets name after Dukes's folks?
My 3 month old Boxer puppy is simply named Duke.
-
Looking for a new Duke Family
Thanks for the welcome. I'm glad to see that so many here are quite welcoming.
-
Looking for a new Duke Family
:lol:Thanks Jamie for reading my stories. I understand the lack of reviewing. It's easy to forget to do it. I knew that folks were reading since I was getting about 500 visitors on each story as I was writing them and new readers continue to find them even now. But as anyone does, I did get a little discouraged when I received so few reviews. That is why I started asking for reviews before posting future chapters. Of course I then earned the rep of being a review wh-re. But there is nothing wrong with wanting to know that your work is appreciated. Especially when you put a lot of work into your story. For example, during the pregnancies of my characters I have maintained pregnancy calendars for them so that I could accurately depict what the characters were going through at the time. Just as I keep a calender of development for the toddlers that I have in my stories. I research nearly as much as I write and I feel that asking two people out of 500 to say that they enjoy the work I put into the stories is not too much to ask.
-
Looking for a new Duke Family
Thanks Coltrane!
-
How tall???
You could try sending him a message through FaceBook and ask him. Remember, his CURRENT height may not be the same as his height on Dukes since folks do tend to shrink as they age. Just a thought.
-
paranormal experiences
I am currently writing a book on my own experiences with the paranormal. Feel free to contact me about some of them. I'll be glad to share.
-
Just joined
Welcome to the Hazzard Net. I too am a Newbie. Hope you enjoy the site.
-
Looking for a new Duke Family
Thank you for your words. I know the usernames of about 4 of them from the other site but so far, they have left me alone HERE. Fingers crossed that they have had enough. And yes, I have been accused of being three or four people. I suppose that they believe that no group of people could have the same opinion without all of us being the same person. Ironically, I have only reviewed on ONE persons stories myself. I merely said that the guys personalities were off. That was putting it mildly but I tried to be nice about it and kept reading in an effort to see if she would apply the constructive criticism to better her writing. She didn't. How I got the whole groups attention is beyond me. In fact, I had favorited one of the other women's stories because I had truly enjoyed it. I even went and tried to write on another Fandom and they were quick to follow me there so I removed my story from that section. As far as if they do harass me here, I'll be sure to give a shout out. I only really know one person on this site, DixieDavenport. She and I are actually writing a story together. Perhaps we'll post it here later.
-
posting stories
JadedPhoenixBurning replied to JadedPhoenixBurning's topic in Story Ideas/Fics In Progress/Collaborative EffortsThanks. I'll try to do that.
-
Last Letter First
Ya'll, this seems like a fun game. LOL!
-
Real Life Spooky Stories
My first paranormal encounter happened when I was only a child. When I was 8, my family moved into a house that had previously been used as a place of worship. To worship Satan that is. Complete with an alter up in the attic crawl space. Of course, we didn't know that when we moved it. My parents had just seperated so when the four of us kids started to notice things going on in the house, my mother assumed that we were all just wanting attention. I will go into more detail later about the things that had happened while we lived there. Finally, after we had been in the house for about six months, my older siblings decided to move out summer clothes up into the attic since it was getting cooler and we needed more room in our closets for our winter clothes. Once they got up into the attic, my older sister(age 15 at the time) saw an odd board and things covered in dust around it. Reaching for the board, she handed it down to my brother(age 13 at the time) and the two left the attic to look at the board which was about 4 feet by 3 feet in the light. It had odd symbols and appeared to be stained with blood. A piece in the lower corner was missing from it but the images left little to the imagination. When they returned to the attice, they saw that the dust covered objects were actually animal skulls. My siblings waited for my mother to come home from work and showed her the board and that they had found. They had already thrown out the skulls by then. That was enough to convince my mother that what we had been telling her for six months was true. She and my brother took off down the dirt road and came to a group of trees and they tossed the board on an empty lot. Then, all five of us got our bibles out and began to pray for God to help us and to put a hedge of protection around us. We prayed for deliverance for hours until we all fell asleep from exhaustion. That night, at about 3 am, my mother was awakened by a knocking at the back door. She went to the door and looked out but saw nothing. She headed back to bed and again she heard a knocking so she returned to the door. Looking out, she saw that the trees were at a dead calm outside but the door was knocking away when she had walked up. Finally, my mother decided to open the door to look out a little bit better. When she put her hand on the door knob, she heard a voice call to her by name and told her NOT to open the door. Once again, she looked out the window and this time, saw an eerie glow. She backed away from the door and called our minister right then and there. He asked her if she had opened the door. If she had opened the door, it would have been inviting the demonic spirits back into the house. This is a BRIEF run down of my FIRST paranormal experience. But by far not my last.
-
Word Association
Exploding presents.
-
Musical Chairs
Louisiana Woman Mississippi Man lyrics - LORETTA LYNN AND CONWAY TWITTY.
-
A Look at my first story written a year ago...
Okay obviously I don't own the DOH! This is from Chapter One from the story "My Imaginary Sister". Send me a message if you'd like to read more. Daisy had just finished haulin' the old family albums in and put them on the kitchen table. She and Lulu had come up with a great idea for the festival. The older residents, granted, would be better at the game than the younger folks in town. But it'll still be fun all the same. And this time, at least, she shouldn't have to strong arm her two cousins into anything. Not much anyway. Sorting through the books of pictures on the table, Daisy set to findin' just what she'd need. Smiling to herself, Daisy was lost in the reminders of days gone by when Bo and Luke came in for lunch. "Hey Daisy girl, what 'cha doin'?" Bo came over and affectionately kissed the top of Daisy's head as he looked over her shoulder at the mounds of photos that were covering the kitchen table. Daisy looked up and gave her best conspiratorial smile that she always saves for when she and Lulu need the fellas help with one charity event or another. "Oh no! What ever it is, NO! Luke and I ain't doin' nothin' that you got in mind. Ain't no way, no how!" "Now sugar, I wasn't going to ask nothin'. I'm just lookin' through these here photo albums." Daisy looked down to hide the smirk she knew was making it's way across her face. "Trying to find the best ones to use." "Use for WHAT, exactly, Daisy?" Luke walks over to the fridge to get the fixins for some sandwiches since it was obvious that the only way he and Bo were gonna get anything to eat was to get it himself. Daisy could be just like a kid when she got into a new project. "Oh, well Lulu and I were tryin' to figure out a contest that could be fun for the Thanksgiving weekend festival. We thought that a "Guess who's Who" game would be fun. Folks'll try to match up each other using only BABY pictures. The person who guesses.." "Baby pictures? Is that what your goin' through now?" Luke gave her his famous look that always meant that he had the feeling that some how he wasn't going to like this at all when all was said and done. "Hey Luke! Didn't know yous such a cute kid." Bo didn't even bother trying to hide his smirk. "What Happened?" Luke walked over bringing the sandwiches with him to look at the picture that Daisy currently was holding. "Oh no you don't. Ya' ain't using that one." Luke makes a grab for the picture that showed a young toddlin' age Luke Duke that had clearly just gotten out of the bath and had refuse to allow his mother to dress him so she had grabbed her camera instead. "Why do parents always take pictures that they know can only serve one purpose. To embarrass their kids." Daisy tucks the picture protectively close to herself to keep Luke from getting a hold on it. "Well I'll use this one if'n you don't help me find one that you DO want me to use." Daisy couldn't help the giggle fit that swept over her. She couldn't understand why so many, MEN mostly, got so bent out of shape when it came to pictures. She dared to glance up at the two men, one with a face of true annoyance, the other still smirking like the show before him was the funniest thing he'd seen in sometime. That smirk, though, also told her that at least BO was game. "Come on Luke you know we're gonna have to do it anyway. We'll look while we eat. It can't be THAT hard to find one picture that won't embarrass the livin' daylights out of us." Bo was already grabbing his sandwich from Luke and his own baby book as he spoke. After all, he had to admit, he was curious. Uncle Jesse never let him see his own book. He remembered once in school, he needed pictures for a project and how Uncle Jesse seemed to act so strange about him not seeing the pictures in this book. When Bo asked about the brown envelope in the back of the book, that he saw as Jesse picked a few choice pictures out, Jesse said he'd tell him about it when he got older. The Brown Envelope! Bo flipped to the back of the book. There it is. Sealed the same as it was all those years ago. Bo began to carefully open the envelope as he reasoned with himself 'I'm older now. Ain't no reason not to look at my own danged pictures.' Vaguely, he heard Daisy and Luke debating various pictures and their appropriateness for the whole town to see. As Bo opened the envelope, he was mildly surprised to reach in and find not pictures, but what appeared to be newspaper clippings. He randomly pulled one out and started to read it. "Aw come on Luke! I know it ain't because you're modest. I think these here pictures are down right cute. Look at this one. I bet 'cha some of the gals in town wouldn't mind you modelin' for them like ya are in this here picture." Daisy giggles as she spys a picture of infant Luke layin' on a bedspread wearing nothing but the smile God gave him. Luke looks horrified at the picture and proceeds to try to grab yet another offending photo out of his female cousin's hand. "Hey Bo a little help?" Luke knows that the only way he's going to get that blasted picture away from Daisy is if he gets Bo to help and they tag team her. Course that's if he don't go all turn coat on him. After all, just a moment ago he was standing there like a grinning idiot thinking that this was all so dang funny. When Bo doesn't respond, Luke looks up just in time to see Bo storming out the kitchen door holding some sort of envelope. "Hey Bo!" Luke hollers after him as he heads toward the door. Bo, however was already jumping into The General by the time Luke reached the door to the yard. Putting the stock car into gear, Bo sent up a cloud of dust so thick that the two remaining cousins had to fight back the mild choking fit that overtook them both. "Daisy, can I borrow Dixie?" Luke was already heading towards the jeep as he spoke. "Sure sugar. But it won't be no use goin' after him. Not the way he tore outta here. And in The General. The Dixie's good but ain't no General. Bo was drivin' like a mad hornet when he left. Best to just let him go." Daisy stood there watching the dissipating cloud of dust, even as she fought her own urge to to chase after her baby cousin. "I wonder what got him so riled." "Who knows. Well,since we ain't goin' to go running Bo down, let's go finish lunch. If anything'll bring Bo back in a hurry, it's his stomach. He only took one bite of his sandwich and the only thing I've heard for the last hour was how starved he was." Luke gave Daisy a smile to reassure her despite his own worry for Bo. Placing his arm around Daisy, he steered her back to the house as Uncle Jesse pulled up in his old white pick-up. "What in the Sam Hill! Luke, that cousin of yourn just about ran me off the road coming down Turner's stretch. You two have words again?" Jesse reached across the seat to grab the mail that he went to town for before heading toward the house with his niece and nephew. "No sir, I don't rightly know what got into Bo. We's all was around the table for lunch, lookin' at old pictures and suddenly Bo just ran out the door lookin' madder than a rattler that just got stepped on." "Pictures?" Jesse suddenly paled. Luke notices and imediately was at his uncle's side. "Uncle Jesse?" "Let's just get inside." They walk into the kitchen, Luke so close behind his uncle that Jesse bumped him as he pulled out his chair. Reaching over across the table, he grabs Bo's baby book. Flipping to the back, just as he suspected, he finds the brown envelope missing. Jesse releases a long hard breath before looking at the two youngsters standing at the table eyeing him, waiting to see what he might say about Bo's taking off and what the book had to do with it. "Well, sit down, I guess I'd better explain what Bo found." Luke and Daisy sat down, both clearly worried now, and Luke noticed that his uncle suddenly looked years older. All of this because of those dang-blasted pictures.
-
posting stories
How does one begin posting stories on this website? I've just joined yesterday but have been writing Duke FanFiction since last November. I am currently writing another story in the series with DixieDavenport who has been on this site for quite a while. I am seeking to join a Duke Family that is as fanatic about the characters as I am. So far, I have been met mostly with open arms during my near year in writing but have in recent months been the subject of cyber-stalking and mistaken identity. I hope that such things are behind me, though I fear that they are not. Anyway, what is the progress to post here on HazzardNet?