Everything posted by LizzyJackson-Davenport
-
Jump In My Car
After finally realizing what the Congressman had said about Julie's trust fund Lizzy pulled away from Luke, who groaned slightly at the loss of contact. "Dad you wouldn't do that to me would you?" Lizzy asked glancing between her shoes and Cooter's face. "I could never cut you off because of who you love. You are my daughter and I love you and I will always support you whether you date a doctor, a lawyer, a congressman, or a down home country boy. Just make sure your head and heart agree because it's not good to jump in with one and not the other." Cooter answered hugging Lizzy tightly. "I love you too Daddy." Lizzy answered returning the hug. Cue anyone.
-
Email notifications
on your user control panel click on edit options and scroll down towards the middle, there should be a section called private messaging. checkmark the box next to the words 'recieve email notification of new private messages' and it should work. Granted mine haven't been working for a month and brain coltrane hasn't gotten back to me on it. Maybe i should talk to Maryanne or the other mod hmmm
-
Hello DukeFans
first welcome to hnet. I hope you enjoy it. secondly roger it's either a spammer, i really hope not and if i'm wrong then i will apologize, or someone who really wants to tell you something about a computer game call World of Warcraft.
-
Jump In My Car
"Julie's right Congressman. And really you can't help who you fall for no matter the differences between the two of you. It's just something you live and learn with. I'm not saying anything like that'll ever happen to me I'm just saying that maybe it'll bring someone happiness they've never imagined before." Lizzy says sighing trying not to let the thoughts running through her head bother her too much. "Don't give up hope so easily Liz, maybe the guy you're looking for is so close that you won't give him a shot and he doesn't know why not." Cooter answered. cue anyone.
-
Jump In My Car
"I want to know what this is about Luke kissing me. He doesn't even like me like that." Lizzy protested. "But you do like him right? You didn't deny that." Cooter accused. "Um well...you see...uh...you should have seen Julie at camp man that girl was evil if you got in her way about the guy she liked." Lizzy deflected. Cue anyone.
- Jump In My Car
- Jump In My Car
-
Jump In My Car
Lizzy choked on air as Julie kissed Michael trying to see where that had come from. "That one came from out in left field." She muttered tuning in just in time to hear Julie's comment about the camp counselor. "I can't believe you didn't get in trouble for kissing Jason like that, but I did love that Harley. It was the funnest thing I got to ride that summer." Lizzy says. "Wasn't that the summer Cooter sent you to Wolf Creek summer cam in New York?" Luke asked. "The very same." Lizzy answered. Cue anyone.
-
Jump In My Car
"As far as it goes for you testifying I really wouldn't mind. I mean you were always the good kid when we hung out you never got into trouble. Cindy would come out with me occasionally but you were always studying. It was like I was the troublemaker, anyone could see that. Cindy got in to trouble when ever I caused it and she was around but you were always too busy studying or working to come out and party. Michael told me about the relationship between Angelena and Molly and I can talk to her but I don't know if she'll listen. To find out that you have a family you didn't know about has to be hard on her." Lizzy answered. "Do you really think it's a good idea that Julie testifies for you Lizzy?" Luke asked. "Why not?" Lizzy asked. "I don't know, maybe the district attorney will see it as a way to discredit you even farther. I mean Julie has some blood relation to Molly because of Angelena and they may see Julie as someone who wants to take over custody." "Yeah, I think you may be right." "You said it yourself Lizzy, you didn't want to get them involved because it may make it more complicated than it has to be." Cooter added. "I don't know just give me some time to think on this." Lizzy said to Julie. "I did, when I was 17 or did you forget that I told you that? My dad, the one who raised me, David Jackson, will always be my number one dad, he will always be the man I'll run to when I have no one else but my father Cooter Davenport will always be the man who gave me life. In my case my father turned out to be a nice guy. He brought me a whole new world to look at and relationships with people I wouldn't have known other wise. So the way I found out that David wasn't my real dad was different from how you found out about James but in essence they have the same result. The man who raised us isn't who we thought he was. No matter what you do, you'll always be left with a what if. If you don't open the letter the what if is 'what if I had read it and he turns out to be really nice.' If you do open the letter and meet him the what if is 'if I didn't open it would my life still turn out this way?' The way I see it is, James Duke will always be your dad and this other man will always be your father. Any man can be a father but it takes a real man to be a dad. With that being said there's also the thought that maybe your mom never told the other man that he was a father. Maybe he doesn't know about you. The decision is yours, just don't take it lightly." Cue anyone.
-
Jump In My Car
~Outside while Julie, Angelena, Uncle Jesse, and Bo are inside~ "Ms. Davenport..." Ms. Webster said. "Please call me Lizzy." Lizzy replied. "Lizzy, what you're getting yourself into is something that shouldn't be taken lightly. Not only will you be responsible for another human life you will be responsible for her for the next 18 years. You seem like a very nice young woman and all but I really don't know if you'll be able to handle everything that goes with parenthood." "Why not? How old do you think I am exactly?" "I know you're almost 38, but I also know what you used to do for a living." "I bartended from the time I was twenty five, I can handle it." "You're telling me you still bartend?" "I bartend and waitress, I also teach sometimes and I still race in the Mouse over there." "Your schedule sounds pretty busy." "I can handle it." "I don't doubt that. If you dropped racing and bartending at night and subbing, leaving your only job as serving, then you would be fine both financially and stability wise to support Molly. The only problem I can see right now is that you have a 9 year probationary sentence on your record." "Seven year, they dropped the first two because I was under 18." "Anyway that's really serious and the judge may not overlook it." "What are you saying Ms. Webster?" "If you take all the precautions I've told you about you up your chances of gaining custody to about five percent." "Are you saying there is nothing I can do to guarantee that I will gain custody?" "That's exactly what I'm saying. I could give you a list of things to do longer than a country mile but even then I can not guarantee you will gain custody." "Because I'm single, I live in a small apartment by myself, and I have a criminal record." "Not just that but it is partially that." "What about Cindy's will, doesn't it say anything?" "The lawyers from our department are going through it with a fine tooth comb but so far we've turned up nothing." "I'm not going to give up you know." "I figured as much, Mr. Crenshaw said I should give you a chance and that's what I'm doing. Normally in a case like this, we would consider both candidates for a week before we give our final recommendations but you have two weeks to prove to DCS that you are better fit to be her guardian than her grandparents. You're scheduled for a meeting with one of our department tomorrow morning around ten o'clock. Don't miss it or you will be losing the chance and making a really bad impression on whoever comes to check out your apartment." "Thank you so much Ms. Webster. You don't know how much it means to me that you've told me all this." "Here is a list of what they'll be checking, take a good look at it and make sure that you follow it. Also think about everything I've told you today and you should make a better impression." Christine said. "Of course Ms. Webster," Lizzy answered. "Oh and one final question, are you involved with any guys in anyway?" "Tom's my best friend so he's in and out a lot, then there's Bo and Luke Duke, they're really good friends and they drop by occasionally too, but aside from that the only guys I see is when I'm bartending or racing. My life's been a little too busy to hang around with a lot of guys." Christine nodded and stretched out her hand. Lizzy took the hand and shook it before leading Christine back to where the group stood. "Take care now, Ms. Webster and be careful on your way out of Hazzard." Lizzy said. "Good day to all of you as well." Christine answered walking back to her car. The moment the blue car was out of sight Lizzy sighed and almost collapsed out of relief. "What did she say Lizzy?" Luke asked. "There's only a five percent chance that I'll get custody of Molly. Even if I somehow cleaned up everything and was all respectable again there's no way she could guarantee I'd get custody." Lizzy answered. "Because of your past right?" Cooter asked softly. "She said it's partially that but it's also because of something else. She wouldn't tell me exactly but I believe it has something to do with them being Cindy's parents and me just being her friend. I want custody so bad I can taste it Dad. She is such a sweet little girl to think of what that guy did to Cindy to cause Molly's birth makes me so mad. I will make sure he gets a life time of pain if it's the last thing I do." Lizzy sighed and walked closer to Luke who instantly drug her into a hug. Cue anyone.
-
New Around Here
Hey welcome to Hazzard net, you be careful around here, watch for flying cars and speedily changing topics. other than that sit back and enjoy the ride.
-
Vote for Bo!!
he's still losing but maybe soon he'll win.
-
Duke or Dupe
I'm glad you're back and I hope your computer's not having any more problems. As for the answers I believe the first two are Lester Crabb Bill's Gas and I know the last one is Swamp Molly.
-
Jump In My Car
"It's been about twenty years, of course I was younger back then. Got any plans while visiting Hazzard or just dropped by for a visit?" Lizzy answered. She turned spotting another car and looked back at Uncle Jesse. "Are you expecting anymore visitors?" "You never expect visitors at the Dukes most of them just show up." Cooter reminded her. "Right." Lizzy shifted her stance as the blonde lady approached. She stopped at the edge of the group and looked at the ladies. "May I ask which one of you ladies is Elizabeth Jackson-Davenport." "That's me ma'am." Lizzy said stepping forward with an extended hand. "I'm Christine Webster, Atlanta Department of Child Services. It has come to our attention that you filed for custody of Molly Crenshaw." Christine said not liking what she was about to do, but shaking Lizzy's hand none the less. "Yes ma'am, the man I talked to at the courthouse said it was perfectly legal." "It is, it's just that our department is sent out randomly to the homes in question to make observations. Is there somewhere else we can talk about this privately?" Lizzy nodded and looked back at Bo and Luke. Luke pulled her into a hug muttering that everything would be ok and then released her. Lizzy turned to Christine and then led her a bit of the way off out of ear shot from everyone else. Christine didn't want to break the young woman's spirits, but it came with the job and she had to make sure Lizzy knew what she was getting into. Cue anyone.
-
Jump In My Car
- Jump In My Car
"I don't think anyone told you because no one up in Atlanta really noticed it. If you want to know what I think, I think it's not necessarily PTSD, because rarely does anyone ever get over that, I think you're just doubting yourself. You're starting to doubt your abilities as a cop because you froze when you shouldn't have. Everyone goes through something like that at least once in their lives. I doubted my ability as a shine runner and a conman when I got caught and when Tom ended up getting caught too. I also doubted my driving ability too. It took me weeks to understand that while what happened truly sucked I couldn't let it rule my life." Lizzy said hoping she had helped a bit. "She's right Julie, you'll pull through this, you'll see." Luke said. "If you don't believe us maybe you oughta go talk to Rosco, maybe he can help." Lizzy said when she saw Julie didn't look like she was believing her. Cue anyone.- What songs remind you of Hazzard?
I just remembered another one call '19 somethin' by mark wills. of course daisy duke is mentioned in it but if you haven't seen the music video for it then you should check it out. the one I found on YouTube was great, especially the very beginning. I just loved the general lee.- Jump In My Car
“I wouldn’t mind too much if you told me why.†Bo answered. Congressman Tropicana looked around hoping to find an excuse to get out of telling his grandkids why he didn’t like their father. Unfortunately he couldn’t find one so he sighed. “It wasn’t that he just looked like you Bo, he was also a lot like you. Just a hay-seed plowboy with very little to his name from a hick-town and he could show off in his car. He had nothing to his name and she had a bright future ahead of her. I knew he would ruin it for her. I didn’t understand how she could love him but I guess love never really makes much sense. Another thing I didn’t understand was why he would choose her if by the looks of it he could have any girl he wanted. I didn’t my little girl to be used and then dumped because he found something bigger or better.†Cooter showed up at the farm and spotted his daughter and one of his old friends from Congress. “Mr. Tropicana, nice to see you here.†Cooter said. “Cooter, my boy, what brings you here?†“My daughter. Lizzy this is Mr. Tropicana he was one of the congressmen who helped me out my first term there. Congressman this is my daughter Lizzy Davenport.†“Nice to meet you Ms. Davenport.†“It’s just Lizzy.†Lizzy answered shaking the man’s hand. Cue anyone P.S. this was posted with full consent of Julieduke and LizzyJackson-Davenport.- Jump In My Car
- Brand New to HazzardNet!
Welcome to Hazzardnet. Watch out for flying and speeding cars, and be careful otherwise sit tight and have fun Lizzy- Duke or Dupe
I'm not sure on the first two but the last one is gaylord duke- Wisdom
Hey Roger it's alright better late than never and thanks, Laura- at first, the same day that i got them pulled (they were pulled in the morning) I couldn't keep anything down but after that i found that applesauce, milk, pudding, mashed potatoes and ice cream were good to eat. By the end of the week everything was back to normal for the most part except no sucking through a straw until the stitches came out. It was just too bad i couldn't have mac and cheese. I probably would have liked it but i've found that about a month ago cheese started making me really sick. but thanks for the warm wishes. Lizzy- Wisdom
Hey I'm ok for the most part right now. It does feel a little weird still but it's going away. When they were taken out it didn't hurt at all, but for the next four days my jaw hurt bad. I kept ice on it and i did have some strong meds so i was alright. Thanks for your concern.- My Own "Velvet Ears"
I have a beagle named Shiloh, yes like in the movie only his coat is a lot blacker and he's fatter and shorter, who's like family to me and my little sister. Our other dog is really my brother's Husky named Dakota, she's the sweetest thing I've ever seen she's brown and white and my dad says she looks like a coyote. We're dog sitting her while my brother gets everything set up where he's moved to down south.- Thoughts behind Usernames
I guess it's time for me to get in on this then. At first I tried using the same name I've got everywhere else which is texaskid but it wouldn't let me so I switched to the name of my character. Lizzy is short for Elizabeth which is my real middle name, Jackson was the last name of my eighth grade band teacher and even though I couldn't stand her the name just stuck in my brain, and as for Davenport well all I can say is I've always loved Crazy Cooter. He was my complete favorite. As for Jamanda and your parents mixing the names together my mom does it to, with me and my two little sisters. I usually know who she's talking to only because it's the last name that comes out or she'll add who ever you are to the end of it. - Jump In My Car
Important Information
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.