Everything posted by LizzyJackson-Davenport
-
Sweating For The County
"That would be my cousins and honey if I were you I wouldn't insult it." Daisy says. In town... "Thank you for lunch Captain and I will consider your offer." Lizzy says. "Alright. Enjoy yourself." Captain Walters says. Cue anyone.
-
Filed Under The Rug
Bo rolls his eyes and speaks into the phone. "Hey Julie, are you alright?" Bo asks. Cue anyone.
- Jump In My Car
-
Sweating For The County
"If I was it's none of your business. Besides you weren't able to charm Lizzy. If you were I'm sure she would have joined instead of turning you off." Daisy says. Cue anyone.
-
Filed Under The Rug
"Tomato soup, now hand over the phone and be careful." Bo says. Cue anyone.
- Jump In My Car
-
Sweating For The County
"Would you believe me if I told you I have never once had a speeding ticket?" Lizzy asks. “No I don’t think I would.†Captain answers. “Let’s say that you don’t know my background. I’m a pretty law abiding person. I always stop at red lights, walk little old ladies across the street, help when I’m asked, and I never do over the speed limit. My dad in fact has this theory the worse you are in this life the longer you have to pay for it when you die. I lost my grandma about a year ago and I sorely miser her. I don’t want to spend forever making up my misdoings when I can behave and see her sooner.†“Wow that’s sweet. You must behave all the time.†“For the most part.†“But what’s that got to do with a speeding ticket?†“That’s one of the things it takes a while to work off. I’d ruin my chances at a quick reunion.†“I bet you’ve never been in trouble in your life.†“Not one single bit.†Lizzy says softly smiling. “Wow.†“Yes sir, so what about you? Have you ever been in trouble?†“More so than most. I was a teenage boy with too much anger at the world. Took it out mainly on windows and cars until a friend recommended the JROTC program at my high school. Mom demanded and I couldn’t say no.†“You? You’re too sweet looking to have caused any trouble.†“Nope, I was a true rebel.†“Wow that must have been some program.†“Yes ma’am it sure was. He didn’t take any crap.†“Aww, now you’re an amazing man your wife must be proud.†Lizzy says spotting his wedding ring. “She is along with my three kids. Now really you’ve never had a ticket?†The captain answers. “Nope never.†“You know lying can get you kicked out right?†“Of course sir that’s why I never lie.†“If I hadn’t looked up you records or talked to your dad I would have believed everything you told me and that you’re really a sweet and innocent girl.†“But I am sweet and innocent. Records and people can lie, especially here in Hazzard.†The captain pulled out a newspaper and gave Lizzy a look. She read the front headline and swallowed. ‘Whiskey dealer finally caught 15 year old now on probation.’ “It can be fabricated. “True, you are really good, and you have an excuse for everything. You’d do well in Special Operations and Special Forces.†“Glad you think so, without that paper I would have played sweet and innocent all day.†“Think about the offer. Full time mechanic with special ops training you’ll start as an E-3. Basic Training at Fort Jackson then AIT and I’ll see what I can do about Fort McPherson or Fort Gilliam.†“Spec Ops won’t allow me to have a family.†“They suggest strongly against it but they do allow it if you marry a guy who can take care of your children and pets while you’re away. Besides it’s just certain things they’ll need you for. Just think about it. Here’s my card.†“Signing bonus?†“I can get you 2,000.†“Ok,†Lizzy says. “And 600 a month with everything else taken care of.†Walters says. “I want the offer on paper before I say yes.†Lizzy replies. Cue anyone.
-
Sweating For The County
Both Lizzy and the Captain agreed to have lunch across the street as they talked. When they walked in Lizzy was surprised to see Becky back behind the counter. “Afternoon Lizzy.†Becky says. “Afternoon Becky, didn’t you just have a kid?†“Yup three months ago. Bret is taking care of Maddie while I’m back to work. What can I get for you today?†Becky asks. “Ham club no bacon.†Lizzy starts. “Or lettuce hasn’t changed.†“Thanks, for you Captain?†“I’ll have a ham and swiss on wheat with a small coffee.†“Alright. $10.27 is your total today.†Lizzy reached for her back pocket and the cash she kept there but Walters stopped her. “I’ve got it.†“You sure? You don’t have to.†“I want to whether or not you accept my offer.†“Thank you.†“My pleasure.†They got they’re food and chose a table by the window. “Ms. Davenport this offer is the one Sergeant Szenger should have offered you. I can understand if you don’t want to take it but it’s something you should think about. Take everything into consideration before you give me an answer.†“Of course sir.†“You like working as a mechanic?†“Yes sir.†Lizzy answers. “But you don’t take orders well?†Captain Walters asks. “True, I don’t like being told what to do. Tell me what to do once and don’t bug me again or tell me how to do my job.†“Sergeant Szenger was right when he said you’d make a good officer. But you’re better at working with your hands.†“Yes sir.†“Have you ever tried to infiltrate some place?†“No but I’m good at making people believe just about anything I want them to.†“Alright then make me believe something that isn’t true.†The Captain prods. “Ok then.†Lizzy says thinking. Cue anyone.
-
Filed Under The Rug
"Why can't you go get it for her? It won't take long and you can do it while I talk to Julie." Bo asks. Cue anyone.
-
Sweating For The County
"Yeah that's my cousin. She's still got Mono though. I doubt you'll get her to join especially if you make her the same offer you made to my other cousin's girlfriend Lizzy. I'm glad they're both smart enough to ignore you." Daisy says. Cue anyone.
- Jump In My Car
-
Filed Under The Rug
"Let me see." Bo says stepping into the kitchen. He reads both of the bottles. "It says here if she sleeps more than 12 hours to give her half the dose. It'll be alright for now just be careful. I don't want her getting hurt." Bo says. Cue anyone.
-
Sweating For The County
"Ms. Davenport..." Walters starts. "It's Lizzy sir." Lizzy answers. "Lizzy then. I'm sorry about the sergeant you saw out here before he was a bit of an over dramatic flirt." Walters says. "You want something then?" Lizzy asks. "Yeah, why don't we go somewhere where we can talk?" Lizzy nods to the cafe across the street. Cue anyone.
- Jump In My Car
-
Filed Under The Rug
"It's not that she doesn't want to trust you she's just hesitant to." Bo says. Cue anyone.
-
Sweating For The County
Lizzy hangs up and walks back into the main part of the garage and looks at Cooter. "Something up?" Lizzy asks. "You've got a visitor and I want you to take what he says seriously." Cooter says. "Captain Walters this is my pride and joy, my daughter Lizzy Davenport." Cue anyone.
- Jump In My Car
-
Filed Under The Rug
"Not knowing what exactly Brian?" Bo asks. Cue anyone.
-
Sweating For The County
Daisy smiles and sets the beer down in front of him. "And by the way Sugar, recruiting doesn't seem very hard to me. And don't even start it if you ain't the recruiter that talked to Lizzy this morning then I'm blonde." Daisy says before walking away. Back at the shop Lizzy looks nervously around the shop and then says "Julie I'm gonna have to let you go my dad needs something I'll talk to you later alright?" Lizzy says. Cue anyone.
-
Jump In My Car
"I'm just saying that sometimes being a single mother was hard on Julie and she'd drop Angel off at my house. I remember one Christmas Daisy gave Julie passes to a free spa weekend in Atlanta when Angel was younger. Her and Cindy went and had fun while I watched Angel. She was raised by more than her mother as often happens down here." Lizzy says. Cue anyone.
-
Filed Under The Rug
"I had a hunch but I wasn't completely sure. Kevin called from the hospital this morning and said Julie's doing fine." Bo says sitting next to Lizzy on the couch and lacing his fingers through hers. Cue anyone.
-
Sweating For The County
"It's not that I couldn't use the cash you know I could it's just that as an Officer you rarely get your hands dirty. Shouldn't I be doing a job that I love and helping defend my country at the same time?" Lizzy asks. Outside... "A flirt we know. He's always been like that. As long as it doesn't get too out of hand we're content with letting him do what he wants as long as he does bring in new recruits. For this particular case his commander sent him ahead without waiting for word from us. When we saw who we'd be dealing with we knew it would be a difficult one to do and knew that no recruiter could possibly handle her. I've put in about eight years recruiting and about 10 percent of those people have been ones who have served time or would serve time if they hadn't joined. Of that 10 percent 35 percent would have gone to jail if they hadn't "Volunteered" their services." Walters says. "You mean like hackers." Cooter says. "Yes like them. With Lizzy's whiskey running background there are two avenues she can take. One being the mechanic job Szenger offered her. The other being the one we want her take as a Special Forces agent." "Special Forces? What exactly is that?" Cooter asks. "Like infiltration. Things that have to be delicately handled. We know that Lizzy will most likely be aiming for the mechanic job especially if we can guarantee that she'll end up stationed somewhere near here and Atlanta. We can put in for that, have her at Fort McPherson or at Fort Gilliam doesn't mean that she'll get it but it's highly possible." "You do realize Lizzy's on probation right?" Enos asks. "We realize that but we also realize that her high raw score is something we need to take into consideration. If she decides to join, either Special Forces or as a mechanic then we can lower her probation sentence from the 15 more years she'll receive to 5 years." Walters says. Cue anyone.
- Jump In My Car
-
Filed Under The Rug
After Bo finishes most of his chores and explaining to Luke where he was going Bo drops by the Davenport farm to find Lizzy sleeping and Brian sitting in a chair. "Hey Brian what's up?" Bo asks. Cue anyone.
-
Sweating For The County
"I hope it is only Jeb that he's upset about." Lizzy says. Out front... "Excuse me gentlemen could you tell me where I could find Elizabeth Davenport?" A man in Army greens asked. "Depends on who's asking." Cooter says defensively. "Sorry my name is Derek Walters, I'm a Captain in the U.S. Army I'd like to speak with her about her ASVAB score." The man says. "Cooter Davenport. She's on the phone right now but when she finishes she can speak. I'm her father by the way." Cooter answers. "What's your interest in Lizzy? There was an army sergeant down here not even twenty minutes ago but he didn't seem interested in talking to her." Enos says. "Deputy Strate is it?" Walters asks. Enos nods. "Sergeant Szenger is a little angry at getting sent to a redneck town to do the grunt work. I've come to make sure he didn't screw things up with Lizzy or try to go after the other one Julie Duke I believe. Our main objective is to get Lizzy to join the Army. I don't know if you knew but when they took the ASVAB they were asked which branch they wanted to join if they scored high enough. Julie's was clearly marked 'Marines' and Lizzy put either Army or Air Force. We just want to make sure with Lizzy's 95 raw score that she gets what she wants. She has a brilliant mind and coming from a mechanic background like my own I was surprised to see that she answered the most difficult automotive question correctly." Walters says. "What was the question?" Cooter asks. "What is the difference between a monkey wrench and a pipe wrench?" Walters answers. "Oh that's easy all though they look similar the monkey wrench, or adjustable spanner in the UK, was originally used for nuts and the pipe wrench is used for pipes. The pipe wrench is more curved and the monkey wrench is flat. See." Cooter answers pulling out a monkey wrench and a pipe wrench. "That is really close to what Lizzy wrote. She even drew a picture. You must have taught her." Walters says. "Everything I know which is about 3/4 of what she knows." Cooter says. Cue anyone.