Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Dukes of Hazzard Forums - HazzardNet.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

General Grant

Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by General Grant

  1. Thank you Rogerduke. I doubt that these big corporate (not to mention greedy) companies really give two rips whether I buy for Christmas, although I firmly believe that one person can make a difference, I sometimes wonder if there really is a way to fight the system and let it be known that we don't like this and we want to fight it! Loridavenport, I TOTALLY agree with what you said, it is nice to see that at least some people have standards (that also applies to you Rogerduke!) Now that you make me think about it for a moment, I also see it every day, and I love the saying, "It is better to give than to recieve" It just gives you such a great feeling, like you are on top of the world when you can give a gift to someone. Esspecially when it is from the heart. It almost put tears in my eyes to hear that y'all think the same about Christmas, I don't know what it is about that time of year, but starting just before Thanksgiving and into Christmas, I just get such a great feeling. I don't in any way expect gifts, in some ways I think Christmas would be better if I could just give gifts to my family and spend time with them. This Christmas, I hope that I will still have that feeling, in my family(grandparents, and uncle) there is rough water, my part of the family is caught between a rock and a hard place. It just so happensthat it started just before Christmas last year, but has continued to get worse. I feel that "Christmas Joy" right now, because y'all have once again proven what I knew true Dukes were! I think the meaning of Christmas IS lost already. Anyway, I cannot say enough, (and I will probably say it every time I write) I truly am proud to be a fan! Thank you to y'all for letting me see that there really are people who have morals in this day and age and that it isn't just a thing of the past! General Grant
  2. Sorry y'all, but another long one! Boy, if only everyone could be like this group of people here. I love what you said, Laura Duke, "Even though I totally disagreed with all of you there was no judging, just understanding." I wish life were that way. It really makes you stop and think that if we all pull together like family should, then, despite the differences, we can come to an understanding with one another, and a deeper respect for those around us. I simply cannot say enough how proud I am that all of you patiently listened to one another and responded with the greatest respect for everyone's opinions. I truly am thankful that this site was shown to me. I really like what you said, Rogerduke, about the Dukes fans being a second family and that you model your lifestyle around the Hazzard County residents but don't put them above God. I feel pretty much the same way (although I just love those car jumps, Khee!) I know exactly where you are coming from when you say that, and I also got a big ole' Bo grin on my face! It is funny how I have gotten this far with the Dukes. It started as a kind of joke. For my sister's birthday, I bought the first Dukes season because while on vacation I saw one of the episodes and thought it was the dumbest thing(bear with me, I changed my opinion!) So, after watching the first episode I was shocked when Bo went up to Daisy and put his arms around her and said, "you know, if we weren't cousins I'd marry you." To which Daisy replied, "That never stopped anyone in this family before." And Bo grins and and says "You got a point there" followed by his famous HA HA laugh! Shock and Horror filled me as I looked over at my sister(now remember, I got this as a gift for her) and saw her face the phrase OH MY! was written all over her face! I simply said we'll exchange this tomorrow and you can just take the money! But, trying to be polite, she said no, she would just watch a few more episodes. And, before you know it, season two came out and we rushed to the store to buy it. And, along came season 7 (my sister just about cried on the last episode) But, I must say, I truly am lucky to have seen that show. It really has shown me HOW to live. Being in the country, I always veiwed life as boring and somewhat dull, but now there is no where else I'd rather be than home, in the country, and able to have all of the excitement and adventures that city folk miss out on. I mean, how many city people can go out and have thier horse pull them on a sled, or ride a hay wagon down the street, or drive around in the back 40(even if we used to do that with teh Lumina, now we have a JEEP!) or have that same intense thrill of staking hay over you head in an over cramped, overheated hundred year old barn. Not many! Anyway, thank you all for helping me to truly see that I really am blessed to live in the country and to truly understand the values that are so clearly presented in the Dukes of Hazzard. I cannot express my gratitude enough to all of you, or how proud I am to be a Dukes fan and to live and learn from the best! I'll catch y'all later. Having shared my opinion on a very delicate subject for Dukes fans (Coy and Vance) and seeing the remarkable amount of enthusiasm with which you replied, and the generosity, patience, and kindness y'all shared, I cannot help but thinking that I must be one of the luckiest people! You have proven right here what it is all about. You have shown what the Dukes of Hazzard have been trying to tell us all along, Dukes don't fight Dukes! All we have is family! General Grant
  3. I would love to have a KITT car, but the problem is that I don't have money I can spend on that right now. Some day... Anyway, I hope that you will enjoy your stay at the Hazzard net! Roger Duke, that mule sounds pretty impressive! I have a horse and he won't even cross a ditch, let alone with me still on him! Khee! I'm gone! General Grant
  4. Oh, Okay! Thank you Julieduke, I get it now! Khee! General Grant
  5. What on earth are you talking about? You are going to have to help me out with the meaning of that last post you wrote, because I simply do not understand. General Grant
  6. I am sorry that your question is not getting answered, but I am very glad there are Knight Rider Fans here as well!!!! I take it you are a jeepster?! We have a Jeep, and it is funny how they all wave at each other! I love the picture. General Grant
  7. Hello Starskyknight! You own a KITT car?! I wish I could own a KITT car. Owning a General Lee would be cool, but I wish I could own a KITT car. Not to be a traitor or anything to the Dukes of Hazzard, but I would love to own a KITT car! Catch y'all soon! General Grant I wish I could own a KITT car!
  8. Amen to that vinsmouse! So much for their logo "Always low prices, always" I see that they cannot hold up to their logo. Last year, we decided that we were so sick of the prices reaching skyhigh towards Christmas that we decided to shop after Christmas and celebrate it a couple of days after. There are two reasons we do this 1) It allows us to reflect on the true meaning of Christmas. While all of the other crazy people are running around the local stores like a bunch of crazy people, we are enjoying the non-material aspects of the Holiday season... family, friends, and the birth of Christ. 2) We reap the harvest of after Christmas price slashing. Up to 70% sometimes. Although it is a little picked over by that time, I am saving a whole bunch of money. Like you say... Down with Coporate greed. GREED, that's all it is. At least when Boss Hogg was greedy the Dukes could come behind and clean up his mess, and it usually didn't affect too many people, as they always (there's that word again!) got their money back, or if it wasn't the citizen's money, it ended up in the hands of a deserving charity. ******* One person can make a difference!! General Grant
  9. Wow! It seems like a lot happened while I wasn't looking! Laura Duke... I am surprised that you are softening up, you seemed so set in your ways!! Which isn't a bad thing! Reading through these, you sure do have a way with words RogerDuke! When I first posted this thread and asked the question about Coy and Vance, I was not expecting such a tremendous amount of support from the good people of Hazzard Net, nor was I expecting kindness toward Byron and Christopher. After reading several aricles and books on the subject, I figured I was the only Dukes fan who actually felt bad for Byron and Christopher for having to be in that situation and for all of the negative comments thrown around about them. It seemed that not only the writers of the articles and books hated them, but also Dukes fans. But I was truly amazed and overjoyed when I posted the thread and recieved only positive comments, even when it is known that some of the fans of the Dukes don't like Coy and Vance, which I can understand, I have not heard a bad word said about them. It makes me proud to be a Dukes fan, and a member of this site, where even people you don't exactly care for are your friends. If only the rest of the world could apply that, we'd be a whole lot better off! I would like every one to know that I truly am amazed by y'all being so kind and hospitable. General Grant
  10. Not having to get up at 3 or 4 AM is usually a good thing! Hopefully you will be able to sleep in a little later! I guess you must get accustomed to it, though. I thought getting up at 5:30 or 6:00 was early! Well, in the next week or so, a lot of people will be getting up at 4 AM to get into the woods and hunt! Talk to you soon General Grant
  11. Hello Starskyknight!!! Welcome to Hazzard! I'm sorry, I don't know the answer to your question, but I am sure someone does. Hopefully you'll get an answer. I love the picture that was just to the left of your username, of K.I.T.T. Am I right in assuming that you are a fellow Knight Rider Fan?! Talk to you soon! General Grant
  12. General Grant replied to General Grant's topic in Movies
    I am a Rocky fan, which is why I started the thread!!!! I also like the first Rocky and Rocky Balboa, I only wish that Adrian was in it, but if she were, I understand that the plot wouldn't be the same. Have you seen any of Sylvester Stallone's other movies? Talk to y'all soon! I'm gone8-)
  13. Hey JulieDuke! I know what you mean, every business has a slow time, so that extra money would come in handy! I bet you are happy that it is Saturday! I am sure most people are. I'll catch you later! General Grant
  14. Those kids probably don't even know what the Dukes of Hazzard are, or that John is in it!!!! Khee General Grant
  15. Yes, there are some very creative episodes during the 5th season with Coy and Vance. I know some of them would be better played by Bo and Luke, but Byron and Christopher did a great job acting. I actually think that the 5th season has the most creative episodes in a single season, compared to the other six. Anyway, Bye y'all! General Grant
  16. I'm sorry, but I don't understand what you are saying?!?? Sorry, I get confused some times, you are going to have to help me out! General Grant
  17. Hello Julieduke WOW! It sounds like you have quite the schedule!! You really do get up quite early. I have cousins in Ohio! Between work and your hobbies... when do you ever get any sleep?! I hope you have not been too busy lately! That really sounds like a very tight schedule, I don't know how anyone could do that. I'll talk to you later. GET SOME SLEEP TONIGHT! General Grant
  18. Again, like I said before, that is really cool that you are so interested in the Civil War. We don't have Civil War Reenactments here that I know of, but that sounds cool that you get to be in it this year! I have an uncle who lives in Pennsylvania that loves learning about the Civil War, and does reinactments, I think on a yearly basis. Anyway, I'll catch y'all later. General Grant
  19. General Grant posted a topic in Movies
    Hey Y'all! Any Rocky or Rocky Balboa Fans out there? What did you think about Rocky 1-5? and What was your opinion on the latest show, Rocky Balboa? Khee! General Grant
  20. Hello LoriDavenport! I also heard that the Civil War wasn't really over Slavery. I always thought that it was. When you learn about the civil war in the School System, that is what they always seem to tell you. That is very interesting! That is so cool that you are so enthusiastic about the Civil War and learning about how life was. I really think that is Cool! Did watching the Dukes of Hazzard (General Lee) have anything to do with that, or has it always been interesting to you? I know that now that I've seen the Dukes whenever someone is talking about General (Robert E.) Lee, I always see the car, with one of the Dukes behind the wheel. Anyway, I hope that you are able to do more research, and find time to study some more on your past time hobby...the Civil War!!!! Have fun! General Grant
  21. Thank you RogerDuke! I am glad that some one agrees with me! I was just hoping that it wouldn't start a war or anything. I never saw the first Reunion movie. I saw the second reunion and the new Dukes of Hazzard movie. I must say I didn't care much for the second reunion movie, I thought there wasn't much plot, Uncle Jesse wasn't there, I don't recall Boss being there either, and I thought that was horrible what they did to poor Flash! I was appauled by the new movie. That certainly was not the veiw I come away with when I am watching the Dukes episodes. There must be something about the Dukes of Hazzard that us country people (and those who are country at heart) must understand that city folk(and Hollywood producers) can't seem to grasp (not to offend anyone!) Y'all seem so country on here! Catch y'all later! General Grant
  22. Hello! Another Knight Rider and Dukes of Hazzard Fan!!!! Yeeehaw! I am very glad to know that there are other fans who like both Knight Rider and the Dukes of Hazzard! Well, I'll Catch y'all later! General Grant
  23. I hope y'all can listen to a whole different concept on "the Great Dukes Debate" I think that we should all give Coy and Vance (Byron Cherry and Christopher Mayes) the same respect we give to Bo and Luke ( John and Tom) Afterall, they are kin, and Dukes don't hate Dukes! Also, Coy and Vance picked up their entire lives and went to help the Bo, Luke, Daisy, and Uncle Jesse, so that Bo and Luke could live out their dream. I agree that they were not as good as the originals and that the movie was horrible. But, that is just my opinion. Bye y'all! General Grant
  24. Ahhh! Is there yet another fellow Knight Rider Fan out there?! I am very pleased if that is the case!!!! Anyway, I too found the subject interesting about the vehicles! I also have all four Knight Rider Seasons! I will talk to y'all soon, fellow Knight Rider Fans! General Grant
  25. Possum on a Gum Bush!!! You really do have a lot of models! You must need an entire room for all of those! I, unfortunately do not have any models yet, but hopefully some day I can get a couple. I will definately want one of KITT! Did you paint all of those models, or did you get them already made? If you painted and assembled all of those it must have taken a LONG time! Talk to you soon. General Grant

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.