Rocky

General Grant

I am a Rocky fan, which is why I started the thread!!!! :D I also like the first Rocky and Rocky Balboa, I only wish that Adrian was in it, but if she were, I understand that the plot wouldn't be the same.

Have you seen any of Sylvester Stallone's other movies?:-o

Talk to y'all soon!

I'm gone8-)

I've seen the one where's in prison and the mustang involved in it.

I'm not real familier with the Rocky movies myself.

Rocky is about a man who's a boxer on the streets of Philadelphia, who just makes ends-meat by trying to fight anyone he can and doing odd jobs. But all that changes when a man (Apollo Creed), a champion boxer, gives a "rookie" the chance to fight him. Apollo ends up choosing Rocky to fight with for the whole world to watch.

I hope that kind of helps, Julieduke.

Also, I've seen Rambo with Sylvester Stallone in it. That's all of the Sylvester Stallone shows that I know about-unless there are more. And I've read his book-very interesting!

Laura Duke

• 2 months later...

Hey Y'all!

I have heard of Copland, by way of Sly's book but have never seen it. I believe that he had to gain 40 pounds to get on that show. WOW! I can't imagine trying to gain weight!!! :lol:

Anyway, has anyone seen the Karate Kid? Is it just me, or does that seem to be based off of Rocky, but targeted more for younger people? It seems like they took a person who had nothing (Daniel, Rocky) they found their best friend (Daniel's girlfriend who's name escapes me at this second, and Adrian) and have a trainer that they are really good friends with and who have different training methods (Mr. Miyagi, Mickey) and at the end, Rocky says "Yo, Adrian, We did it" (I think that was the second movie, though) and Daniel says "Hey Mr. Miyagi, we did it"

It seems like the Karate Kid is really based off of Rocky, but I could be wrong. I am not sure, maybe it is just me. Just thought I'd see what y'all think.

General Grant

Hello!

A few years ago I saw "Copland." I probably only watched it for a half an hour because I caught the end of the show. For the 30 minutes I saw it, it did seem interesting. Yes, he did look as though he gained some weight for that show, but he still did look kind of fit.

Yes, I did see the Karate Kid, and I do agree-I think that it does seem to be rather like a spin-off of Rocky. But, I loved both shows!

What does everyone else think?

Laura Duke