Everything posted by DaisyMaeDuke
-
A Whiskey Runner's Romance
Luke swallowed. "You sure you're up to it?" Daisy sighed. "I wish they'd get here."
-
A Whiskey Runner's Romance
Luke looked at Bo's hand and back up to Bo. "I don't know, Bo...it's a good plan but...your hand's lookin' pretty bad."
-
Why is it...
He looked straight back at her, able to see the fear in her eyes. Luke always was less of a talker than Bo, so seeing her fear he didn' try to reason with her or talk her out of it. Instead he silently pulled her closer into a hug and said only, "I won't hurt you Jaime."
-
A Whiskey Runner's Romance
"Alright...but once this is all settled you're goin to see a doc..." With that, Luke did a 180, turning around and heading back. Picking up the CB, he called Lori. "We're on our way. Stay close on the CB. I'm gone."
-
A Whiskey Runner's Romance
Luke swallowed looking at Bo. "I really think you need a doc...but if you think you can wait til we meet them out by the treehouse...then we'll wait.." Bo was being quiet...too quiet for Luke's liking and that meant either he was troubled or in pain. Something told Luke it was 6 to 1 half a dozen of the other.
-
A Whiskey Runner's Romance
Daisy grabbed the CB. "What's up Crazy C?" she asked.
-
Why is it...
"If you can read minds, read this..." said Luke thinking that it was an amazing gift and he would never hurt her for any reason.
-
A Whiskey Runner's Romance
Luke frowned. "What do you think?"
-
Why is it...
Luke looked at her in disbelief. "You can what?!"
-
Why is it...
Luke nodded. "You have my word as a Duke."
-
A Whiskey Runner's Romance
Daisy frowned when Bo mentioned his hand. Luke sped on, hoping and praying they didn't meet any cops on the way.
-
A Whiskey Runner's Romance
"What's going on are you two ok?" asked Daisy. Luke sped on towards Atlanta.
-
Why is it...
"Jaime...whatever it is...I promise...you're safe with me...I promise."
-
A Whiskey Runner's Romance
"Well I wish they'd pick up on the CB..." answered Daisy. "Lost sheep this is Bo Peep y'all out there?"
-
Why is it...
"Jaime...I wanna help you....let me help ya sweetheart."
-
A Whiskey Runner's Romance
Luke shook his head. "It's hurting you... you can't hardly move it... you're going."
-
Why is it...
"Jaime...why did she do that?" asks Luke softly.
-
A Whiskey Runner's Romance
Daisy shook her head, "I should have known."
-
Why is it...
He carried her until he was satisfied that they were far enough away before sitting down with her by a tree. "Are you hurt?"
-
Why is it...
"He wouldn't want you getting hurt!" says Luke walking with her away from the house.
-
A Whiskey Runner's Romance
"They sure are... Bo Luke what's wrong?" Luke doesn't answer, thinking, instead he turns on the main road heading past town and into Atlanta. "Then we're going straight to the hospital.... and we'll check on the charges against Lori while we're there."
-
Why is it...
"Oh Lord," said Luke to himself. "I'm getting you outta here..." he promised. Picking her up and holding her in a comforting hug, he carried her out the door, not sure where he was headed, but knowing he had to get away from the house immediately.
-
A Whiskey Runner's Romance
Daisy nodded. "Sounds good. See ya there." Luke swallowed. "I'm takin ya to doc...I think ya sprained it...if it aint broke..." With that he sped off towards town.
-
Why is it...
Luke bit his lip suddenly not feeling safe anymore. "Hush now sweetheart...it's ok...who did that to ya?"
-
A Whiskey Runner's Romance
"Right here Lori! What's your 20?" asked Daisy as she drove away. Luke carefully unbandaged Bo's hand looking at it carefully. "Can you move it?"