Jump to content

The Number *One* guest who should've sang in the show, but never did.


Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

I love his General Lee song. I wish Charlie Daniels would have made it on the show. Congratulations on watching the whole series. Do you think you will do it again? 

Yeah, just not Season 7.

 

The HD version removed the episode preview and instead goes straight to the opening, plus they cropped it to 16:9, but if that doesn't bother you then it's an excellent release. I've seen a few episodes and really enjoyed it.

 

EUTOFGs.png


mUu60E6.png

7iAchy5.png


jU0t4AG.png

eWeUG5G.png


X5PintI.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

According to 'Redneck Boy In The Promised Land', Ben Jones once met James Brown on a flight to Los Angeles. James was raised in Georgia, and was a fan of the show, so he said he'd love to appear on it. The cast liked the idea, but apparently the network said "no". I guess his musical style ruled him out, but he could've sung 'It's Man's Man's World' to Daisy ("But it wouldn't be nothing, nothing without a woman or a girl"), or even 'The Boss' from the Black Caesar soundtrack - imagine how JD would've reacted to that!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Hobie Hartkins said:

Don't get me started on Ben Jones. I love Cooter. He's a Good ol' Boy but Ben Jones is a Communist. ( I have his book). 

Yes, I've read about his political beliefs and while I don't agree with it (it goes against what our country stands for), I enjoy his character on the show.

 

John Schneider has a much better sense of reality and he's not a politician.

 

 

Ah, end of off-topic. :)

Edited by Philip_Duke
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Hobie Hartkins said:

Don't get me started on Ben Jones. I love Cooter. He's a Good ol' Boy but Ben Jones is a Communist. ( I have his book). 

 

1 hour ago, Philip_Duke said:

Yes, I've read about his political beliefs and while I don't agree with it (it goes against what our country stands for), I enjoy his character on the show.

John Schneider has a much better sense of reality and he's not a politician.

Can I remind everyone that HazzardNet is not a political forum. I only mentioned Ben because he's the source of the story.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
On 11/17/2021 at 12:40 AM, Philip_Duke said:

Yeah, just not Season 7.

 

The HD version removed the episode preview and instead goes straight to the opening, plus they cropped it to 16:9, but if that doesn't bother you then it's an excellent release. I've seen a few episodes and really enjoyed it.

 

 

  Hide contents

EUTOFGs.png


mUu60E6.png

 

 

  Hide contents

7iAchy5.png


jU0t4AG.png

 

 

  Hide contents

eWeUG5G.png


X5PintI.png

 

I really dislike the 16.9 ratio they do when they do a HD 'remaster' of a 4.3 ratio show. You miss out on so much background detail especially in Cooters garage or Boss's office. Fox/Disney learned the hard way when they did a 16.9 remaster of the first 19 Simpson's seasons and cut off a bunch of visual jokes and subsequently went back and remastered them in 4.3 again after fan backlash.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.